Non Sports Forums > Help Forum

Oath: Yahoo Privacy Terms

Pages: (1/1)

razCzar:

I have been using the Yahoo Calendar for several years.  Now I cannot even access the calendar (as well as my main email account) unless I Accept ambiguous terms of a so-called "Oath" - a description of which is outlined by this link:
https://www.cnet.com/news/yahoo-aol-oath-privacy-policy-verizon-emails-messages/

Anybody else dealing with this issue?  And how are you handling it?

So far, it seems I have to "accept" their terms or lose years' worth of emails and calendar entries, which are no longer accessible.

razCzar:

A couple other points on this...

These days I don't just press the "I Accept" button like I once did;  usually because there are other similar options that don't require this - OR I don't really need this to begin with.

This time is way different.  They've blocked a "life line" of sorts - permanently, I assume - unless I give in to their demands... 

What is that called again?
 >:(

HawgWild:

Yes, had to pause when reading the terms, reading your e-mails and sharing your information with Verizon, etc. I only use Yahoo as my home page but Iím looking to change that.

razCzar:

--- Quote from: HawgWild on April 19, 2018, 08:21:39 pm ---Yes, had to pause when reading the terms, reading your e-mails and sharing your information with Verizon, etc. I only use Yahoo as my home page but Iím looking to change that.

--- End quote ---
Did you notice that when you press "I'll do this later", NOTHING HAPPENS.

So there is really no option but to COMPLY... or FO.

HawgWild:

I changed my home page. I was only using it to track my stock portfolio but still, like Elon Mush said, "This stuff gives me the willies."

hog of steele:

I am switching out of the yahoo mail account I have been using since 2000. I don't like the idea that they are going to read my mail.

Pages: (1/1)

Go to full version