• 10,302,836 Posts
• 408,279 Topics
• 23,335 Hogvillians
THE RULES (Read 'em!)
Quick Links
Pick'Ems:Football      Basketball      Baseball
Sister Sites:Gridiron HistoryFearless Friday
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Does it really matter?  (Read 112 times)

SquidBiily

Does it really matter?
« on: November 28, 2017, 11:36:25 am »

First let me say I'm all in for Norvell being our next coach.  Now that we have that out of the way I have been reading a lot of posts saying we need a HC who specializes in offense or you have to have a good defense to win in the SEC.  My question is does it really matter?  I believe what we need is a system that works and that we are able to get the talent here to run.  Unless you're betting the over/under on Hog's games does it matter if the Hogs win 50-48 or 6-3?  Both count as a win.  Norvell has an offensive system that works.  We have proven that we can recruit the weapons to Arkansas on offense.  I'm not questioning Venables credentials because that would be silly with all he has accomplished but he has been a DC at Oklahoma and Clemson.  He's been blessed with being able to get top notch talent that requires less development.  We haven't proven that we can recruit that type of talent here consistently.  Yes we get a few but we don't have a roster full of elite defensive players.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

KARK
KWNA
Fox 16 Arkansas