Non Sports Forums > Help Forum

this page can't be displayed

Pages: (1/1)

Tyro3:

I don't know if anyone else is seeing this but this website is the only one I ever see this happen, on average it seems to happen about every sixth click, it is pretty random, but when it happens it sits there and grinds for about 30 seconds and then says this page can't be displayed.

Lanny:

Yes, I have noticed and I'm trying to find the problem

Lanny:

Let me know if you are having anymore problems

Tyro3:

--- Quote from: Lanny on May 03, 2017, 08:19:02 am ---Let me know if you are having anymore problems

--- End quote ---

Ironically I just logged on and went to this subject and clicked and, up came this page can't be displayed.
It is not a deal breaker, just a minor annoyance.

Augustus:

Lanny -  I've seen similar behavior... it always happen when I get to the homepage of the site, go to "Forums", and select a board (it doesn't matter which board, it's happens in MMQB, Jumpball, OmaHogs, politics)... it's always whateever the 1st thread I click on to view, that's when it always happens to me...

browser will churn & eventually time out.  While the browser is churning, if I click on a different thread to view, that thread will come up as expected.

The behavior somewhat reminds me of the traffic being load balanced to an app server in the VIP pool, that isn't available... and then subsequent traffic gets load balanced to an app server that is online.  I'm not suggesting that's the problem, just saying that's what the behavior reminds me of.

Lanny:

Thanks, working on the issue

Tyro3:

It is back worse than ever.

Lanny:

cache problem, working on it

sevenof400:

Although I'm sure traffic here increases over the lunch hour, did want to say I'm seeing this now too.

FWIW: I had NOT seen this prior to today BUT previously I had several occasions where pages were slow to load (just never producing the page can't be displayed message).

If these two problems are related, then kindly ignore this but on the possibility this might help shed light on the issue I thought I'd share too.

Lanny:

--- Quote from: sevenof400 on June 22, 2017, 12:35:31 pm ---Although I'm sure traffic here increases over the lunch hour, did want to say I'm seeing this now too.

FWIW: I had NOT seen this prior to today BUT previously I had several occasions where pages were slow to load (just never producing the page can't be displayed message).

If these two problems are related, then kindly ignore this but on the possibility this might help shed light on the issue I thought I'd share too.

--- End quote ---
It's grown over the past week.  It's a cache problem

hawginbigd1:

I don't have enough cash either ;) seriously every other click

Augustus:

--- Quote from: Lanny on June 22, 2017, 01:15:06 pm ---It's grown over the past week.  It's a cache problem

--- End quote ---

It must be nice to have a "cash" problem... (sigh)

;) ;) ;)

sevenof400:

On the plus side, some of the ads that survive blocking software are NOT surviving this so maybe this is an enhancement?   8)

Lanny:

Fixed

Tyro3:

--- Quote from: Lanny on June 23, 2017, 11:08:55 pm ---Fixed

--- End quote ---

Just spent 30 minutes on the forums and indeed it does appear to be gone!

Good job Lanny!!!!!!

Tyro3:

It's back!

Lanny:

checking

Tyro3:

Starting to get page can't  be displayed again.

Tyro3:

Still happening.

Tyro3:

Just had it happen 3 times in the first couple of minutes.

sevenof400:

Tyro,

I have not had this happen to me on HV, but throughout this morning, I have had this occur with other websites all across the web.  This was in the time range of 9:30 - 10:00 a.m. CDT.  This happened to me on all browsers I tried.  I know this doesn't directly address your situation but may not be alone in this...

Tyro3:

It is still happening on this site, and this is the only site that it occurs, so I think there is something going on, had this happen a few months ago and someone acknowledged that it was a problem and fixed it.

Lanny:

which browser are you using?

Tyro3:

--- Quote from: Lanny on August 13, 2018, 10:17:49 am ---which browser are you using?

--- End quote ---

Internet Explorer 11

Doug:

Tough it out for a couple more days... we've got a few things going on with the site itself (main site and forums) that will help us eliminate a few things as the problem child. :)

Tyro3:

--- Quote from: Doug on August 18, 2018, 06:23:50 pm ---Tough it out for a couple more days... we've got a few things going on with the site itself (main site and forums) that will help us eliminate a few things as the problem child. :)

--- End quote ---

I appreciate the effort, I am loving the changes in the website.

Doug:

Trust me... I haven't even *begun* the changes to the site, yet. It's all being done behind the scenes, but should be launching (main site first, then the forums a couple days later) in the next day or two. :)

DeltaBoy:

Thanks Doug

Tyro3:

This is back worse than ever, just tried to post this and up popped this page can't be displayed. (ironic)

Lanny:

--- Quote from: Tyro3 on September 01, 2018, 10:46:24 am ---This is back worse than ever, just tried to post this and up popped this page can't be displayed. (ironic)

--- End quote ---
What browser are you using?

Tyro3:

--- Quote from: Lanny on September 04, 2018, 07:01:27 am ---What browser are you using?

--- End quote ---

Internet explorer version 11.0.9600

when I tried to reply it took me to a different page.

Pages: (1/1)

Go to full version