• 10,269,139 Posts
• 407,532 Topics
• 23,309 Hogvillians
THE RULES (Read 'em!)
Quick Links
Pick'Ems:Football      Basketball      Baseball
Sister Sites:Gridiron HistoryFearless Friday
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: Just Home from game: don't read if you don't like negativity cause  (Read 2541 times)

nobballconcept

I knew it would happen:

1.  horrific rebounding again;  when I was in third grade ball our coach told us to stay between the man and rim and block them out when the shot went up
2.  terrible movement;  why can Heath not coach against the zone;  LSU got three dunks and a few layups off the same zone that we never got the ball inside of
3.  after called timeouts by Heath I would expect an actual play to develop we only got one shot off
4.  the only shooter sits on the bench during your last chance to tie the game (why was McCurdy sitting down when Ferguson threw the ball away)
5.  McCurdy led our comeback with three assists and a three pointer; then got pulled for Jefferson  WHY??
6.  this team misses more layups than Mount St. Mary ninth grade team
7.  Heath never gets mad:  rip your damn coat off and show some emotion; it might rub off on your team
8.  Heath SUCKS!!!!!!!  we will likely be 0-4 maybe 0-5 before we win an SEC game
9.  Shan Foster will light us up for 30 on Saturday and fundamental basketball will send Hawgball to a new all-time low

Sorry, I hate it like you, but it is true

Lanny

• The1
  • Administrator
  • Gold Hogvillian
  • The1
    • Hogville.net
Re: Just Home from game: don't read if you don't like negativity cause
« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2006, 10:06:08 pm »

Thanks,

I was looking forward to someone's insight that saw this pathetic display.

Sponsored Ad

Hogville encourages you to do business with the following...

SardisHog

• Administrator
  • Senior
  • GO BIG BLUE
« Reply #2 on: January 11, 2006, 10:08:55 pm »

It must have looked every bit as bad as it sounded on the radio

pfrg999

• Hall of Fame Hogvillian
  • Dear, Big Bret... It's not us..its you!
« Reply #3 on: January 11, 2006, 10:09:40 pm »

I knew it would happen:

1. horrific rebounding again; when I was in third grade ball our coach told us to stay between the man and rim and block them out when the shot went up
2. terrible movement; why can Heath not coach against the zone; LSU got three dunks and a few layups off the same zone that we never got the ball inside of
3. after called timeouts by Heath I would expect an actual play to develop we only got one shot off
4. the only shooter sits on the bench during your last chance to tie the game (why was McCurdy sitting down when Ferguson threw the ball away)
5. McCurdy led our comeback with three assists and a three pointer; then got pulled for Jefferson WHY??
6. this team misses more layups than Mount St. Mary ninth grade team
7. Heath never gets mad: rip your damn coat off and show some emotion; it might rub off on your team
8. Heath SUCKS!!!!!!! we will likely be 0-4 maybe 0-5 before we win an SEC game
9. Shan Foster will light us up for 30 on Saturday and fundamental basketball will send Hawgball to a new all-time low

I would love to disagree.... But it is so true.... Remember when Nolan would rip hie coat off and lossen his tie... you knew it was on Stan "The Lamb" Heath... will never get mad

Lanny

• The1
  • Administrator
  • Gold Hogvillian
  • The1
    • Hogville.net
« Reply #4 on: January 11, 2006, 10:09:41 pm »

How did the crowd react to the 30-6 run by LSU?  Any booing?

Net Hog

« Reply #5 on: January 11, 2006, 10:10:37 pm »

But it's tough to win road games...

<Chirp chirp>

Tomhog™

• Global Moderator
  • Gold Hogvillian
« Reply #6 on: January 11, 2006, 10:11:05 pm »

Glad I had other obligations that prevented my tuning in to the game.  I'm growing tired of Razorbacks coming up shot time and again... (or short, whatever)

nobballconcept

« Reply #7 on: January 11, 2006, 10:12:12 pm »

the 30-6 run happened over halftime so never really a chance to boo.  i did not hear any boos, but heard a lot of get rid of Heath.  face it hog fans, he is not the answer. 

SpaHog

« Reply #8 on: January 11, 2006, 10:14:47 pm »

I knew it would happen:

1. horrific rebounding again; when I was in third grade ball our coach told us to stay between the man and rim and block them out when the shot went up
2. terrible movement; why can Heath not coach against the zone; LSU got three dunks and a few layups off the same zone that we never got the ball inside of
3. after called timeouts by Heath I would expect an actual play to develop we only got one shot off
4. the only shooter sits on the bench during your last chance to tie the game (why was McCurdy sitting down when Ferguson threw the ball away)
5. McCurdy led our comeback with three assists and a three pointer; then got pulled for Jefferson WHY??
7. Heath never gets mad: rip your damn coat off and show some emotion; it might rub off on your team
9. Shan Foster will light us up for 30 on Saturday and fundamental basketball will send Hawgball to a new all-time low

Also just back from the game to find you had already posted for me.  I completely agree with everything you said.  Do our guys know that the purpose of blocking someone out is to actually get the rebound based on position.  We block out and the just sit there until LSU ends up getting the board. 

CiriusPorker

• It's not an "S".
    • flickR - My photography
« Reply #9 on: January 11, 2006, 10:15:00 pm »

those of you who say Stan will not be fired because of Race...think again..Stan has failed for more seasons that Nutt..Stan is showing he could not do the job..Nolan atleast had a reason he could argue that he could!!!!

Biggus Piggus

• Escaped Journalist
  • Global Moderator
  • Gold Hogvillian
  • Hogville: The mosh pit of Razorbackland
« Reply #10 on: January 11, 2006, 10:15:26 pm »

Alas, Heath has no TulsaHawg to defend him.

GarySe7en

« Reply #11 on: January 11, 2006, 10:15:43 pm »

I knew it would happen:

I could not agree more, basic fundamental basketball would be an improvement.

Lanny

• The1
  • Administrator
  • Gold Hogvillian
  • The1
    • Hogville.net
« Reply #12 on: January 11, 2006, 10:16:34 pm »

Does anyone on this board support this clown?

hoginator

• All-American Hogvillian
  • I'LL BE razorBACK
« Reply #13 on: January 11, 2006, 10:17:48 pm »

These things were evident in Maui. I remember thinking this was going to be a same song, second verse (make that fourth verse) season after losing to UConn and Maryland. We just can't put teams away or get over the hump when we make a comback. To think, I was just getting my hopes up that we might be able to beat Kentucky this year...

nobballconcept

« Reply #14 on: January 11, 2006, 10:18:22 pm »

I just can not for the life of me understand why anyone would be a Heath supporter.  If you have watched these last two games you would agree a real coach could will his team to victory.  We should have won both games

SpaHog

« Reply #15 on: January 11, 2006, 10:20:38 pm »

If I was Vandy I would start out playing zone, then play zone in the middle of the game, and then I would finish the game playing zone.

Biggus Piggus

• Escaped Journalist
  • Global Moderator
  • Gold Hogvillian
« Reply #16 on: January 11, 2006, 10:21:36 pm »

Why would Heath sue for his job, if he puts up a fourth consecutive season of losing in the SEC?  Of course he wouldn't.  Nolan was fired because Broyles was out to get him for years.  Broyles was going to fire Nolan after what he thought would be an NIT season.  Finally got him when Nolan was going .500 against the toughest schedule in school history.  No, candyasses, Nolan was not fired for what he said in a news conference.  He was already done by then.  He was done by mid-February that year.  Was it fair, not in the least, but Broyles got off the hook because Nolan had been willing to sign a new contract just months before that, which reset the legal timeclock and wiped the past clean.

Heath has done nothing.  Another failure this season would be enough.  I just wonder whether Broyles even cares anymore.  Heath might stay on because we have no standards anymore.

hog caller

« Reply #17 on: January 11, 2006, 10:21:55 pm »

shucks waiting to hear the post game remarks by coach

CiriusPorker

• It's not an "S".
    • flickR - My photography
« Reply #18 on: January 11, 2006, 10:25:17 pm »

those of you who say Stan will not be fired because of Race...think again..Stan has failed for more seasons that Nutt..Stan is showing he could not do the job..Nolan atleast had a reason he could argue that he could!!!!

first time to quote myself, but i wanted to add something...

i'm not a lawyer, but have taken classes as my Master's is in Public Administration and have some law classes.

I'm fairly convinced that race cannot be used as a discrimination case as the proof does not exist because heath's performance and documentation within the athletic department is likely sufficient grounds for termination outside of the cause of race.

a lawyer would have to correct me, but I'm pretty sure heath's case won't be relevant to Nolan's case being that the original court ruled in favor of UA (precedence) AND that Heath could possibly have had 4 off years after this to his name..it's a matter of the business..Business necessity. 

now..one could argue the nutt side, but comparing to a program with different dynamics probably won't do much good.  Besides when it comes to racial discrimination..treatment of coaches will not be the only factor that is analyzed..the whole athletic department will be analyzed ( i believe) and that includes assistant coaches, administrative staff, and janitors.

Again, i could be shooting from my arse with this..and a lawyer can feel free to correct me..but I doubt that it will be a problem.

TulsaHawg

• Moderator for the Nutt Huggers
« Reply #19 on: January 11, 2006, 10:27:49 pm »

Well, let me see if I can think of something.   8)
« Last Edit: January 11, 2006, 10:29:27 pm by TulsaHawg »

Snoop Hoggy Hog

« Reply #20 on: January 11, 2006, 10:29:23 pm »

I played post 5th-12th grade, and every coach I had would tell me when I get the ball in the lane or in the post don't bring ball down where the smaller players can get it. Now why can't anybody tell Darian Townes this, everytime he got the ball wide open in the lane he would dribble and get the ball knocked away. The fundamentals are what kills us.

jkstock04

« Reply #21 on: January 11, 2006, 10:30:01 pm »

How can anyone after watching that game??  There was nothing to be positive about...absolutley nothing.  It just made me sick.

Hawg414

« Reply #22 on: January 11, 2006, 10:39:49 pm »

oh yeah.  wait til silvertip gets a chance to belittle you by telling you how stupid you are for not realizing what a wonderful job heath is doing.  afterall, heath has done better than nolan did in TWO of his SEVENTEEN years. 

camelt

« Reply #23 on: January 11, 2006, 10:43:46 pm »

I defended the team after the Miss State game, citing parity and how tough it is to win on the road.  That ship has freakin sailed.  Time to put up or shut up.

Biggus Piggus

• Escaped Journalist
  • Global Moderator
  • Gold Hogvillian
« Reply #24 on: January 11, 2006, 10:50:14 pm »

I forgot about silverfish.  Can't wait to read his spinjob.

Anti-OtisII

« Reply #25 on: January 11, 2006, 10:53:55 pm »

Rules Lanny....or do they only apply to the football coaching staff?   ;)   ;D

Quote from: hSv link
I want the personal attacks on the coaching staff and other posters to stop now.  If you feel Coach Nutt isn't getting the job done post why you feel this way.  If you feel Coach Nutt is doing a good job post your feelings about it but stop attacking each other and personal insults at the coaching staff.

Buff

• My avatar was the owner throwing the horns
« Reply #26 on: January 11, 2006, 10:54:52 pm »

I knew it would happen:

that's funny because i was always taught this - block YOUR guy out and if you can't get the rebound, do not let him get it no matter what..............too bad that apparently doesnt apply to college ball now

Razor6

• I was there when we melted the internet!
    • http://www.climatecrisis.net
« Reply #27 on: January 11, 2006, 10:57:10 pm »

I sat at the game feeling great for 8 minutes.  Then the drought.  Then the ups and downs.  Then a 300 pound man PICKED OFF A PASS!!!!!!  I got a sick feeling all over again.  Thought to myself... The hogville board is going to be alive tonight.  And everyone's gonna have it out for Heath!

Just fun to think about how many Hog fans and Hogvillans are near by at games.

BTW, coach... can't time outs be used wisely? I'm still waiting for that...

Rusty Shackleford

• I'm the REAL deal.
  • Varsity
« Reply #28 on: January 11, 2006, 10:58:18 pm »

It is not a question of Stan's inability to coach. It is about black and white. If we fire another black coach and keep the white coach that doesn't produce, then we will have every national media outlet bringing out the fact that only the balck coaches have been fired. Nolan will be on every sports network and the Revs Jackson and Sharpton will have plenty of ammo to complain about the University of Arkansas. If we let Heath go, then we must let Nutt go first. It is not what is right or wrong. This will be about national perception.
« Last Edit: January 11, 2006, 11:01:59 pm by Rusty Shackleford »

Pig Squeak

« Reply #29 on: January 11, 2006, 10:58:26 pm »

Same verse, same as the first.  Coaching lost the first 2 (soon to be 3 on Sat) SEC games this year.  Only difference between this year and the last 3 is that Heath has more talent to screw up this year.  Also, experience, the lack of which has been cited as an excuse for this basketball team's performance under Heath in the past.  LSU and MS St are young and play true freshmen.  Heath and Nutt have 2 things in common:  they came into these jobs way over their heads and neither can recognize and put their best talent on the field of play.  WE HAVE A TRUE POINT GUARD FOR THE FIRST TIME SINCE REID AND HE SITS ON THE BENCH...his name is SEAN MCCURDY!!!!!!!   Let him play.  He seems to be the only player on the team who understands the game and plays hard the entire time he's in there.  He is agressive, keeps the ball moving and can get a pass inside where the guy can put it in the hole, and , Oh yes, did I forget to mention that he can shoot the 3?  Can anyone tell me why Heath would rather lose the game playing Big 10  basketball rather than win playing pressure defense and a hurry up offense?  When we were playing up tempo, LSU couldn't handle it...they threw up some really  bad shots because they were trying to play too fast.  Then, once again, we backed off and started walking the ball up the floor and passed it around the perimeter.  I agree with Jimmy Dykes on Bo's show Sunday night...these hogs have no heart, no courage and no toughness.  They are a reflection of their head coach.  I saw nothing positive in this game tonight...Heath's hogs are LOSERS.  For the first time ever, I left the game early tonight because my disgust with the state of the basketball program is complete.  I don't know if I will go back.  I miss the days when the Hogs were the agressors and were ready to play every game and gave their all for 40 minutes.  These guys look like they would rather go to the dentist than step out on the court after a time out.  What is it with Modica?  He starts both games scoring then it's like a conspiracy among our players to keep the ball away form him.  He never touched the ball the last 7 minutes of the MSU game and not much in the second half of the LSU game.  As much as I hate Brady, he takes up for his players when the officials screw them (Heath does not) and he knows how to coach.  Our only hope is for Kentucky to lose some more games and fire Tubby.  Then the PC police at the UA can fire Heath and hire a black coach who really can coach.  Oh, how I would love to have Tubby as a coach.  I couldn't wait to get home to watch real basketball:  Duke v Maryland.  Two coaches who know how to coach and two teams who love the game and have the heart and desire to play hard and try to win.  I don't think that's a coincidence.  I cannot wait for the track meet this weekend and for baseball to start...McDonnell and Van Horn are the only two real coaches we have among the big 4 sports at the UA.  Our track and baseball athletes give it their all every time out and are truly reflections of their coaches.

hogsmash12

« Reply #30 on: January 11, 2006, 11:01:27 pm »

I'm just thankful for Hogville.  At least I know there are others out there that are sitting up at 11:00 PM that are as sick as I am.

3kgthog

• Gold Hogvillian
  • Don't PM me. I never read them.
« Reply #31 on: January 11, 2006, 11:07:15 pm »

Oh let me count the ways this Hog team can lose a game.

1. LSU started three freshmen and a sophomore.
2. LSU did not make a single 3-pt shot
3. The Hogs had a 12 point 1st half lead
4. LSU's best player was 5-19
5. Steven Hill actually scored!
6. LSU gave it their best shot at giving the game away down the stretch
7. Darian Townes actually scored!
8. Every LSU guard is horrible
9. The students finally filled both sides of the student section

Add all of those things up and this toilet worthy Razorback team somehow STILL managed to lose a game at home. That takes some mighty fine effort gentlemen. Vandy will boofoo us on Saturday and even the non-Diamond Hog fans will start asking "When does baseball start?"

I don't see the track team winning a ring with the huge losses of Gay, Brown, and Spearmon so baseball is all that we have left folks.

jkstock04

« Reply #32 on: January 11, 2006, 11:10:35 pm »

In the post game interview they made the comment that he scored 14 points(I think) but, hell its seemed like he shot the ball a 50 times.

Jim Harris

• Global Moderator
  • Bring me some DTs!
« Reply #33 on: January 11, 2006, 11:17:19 pm »

Thanks,

I was looking forward to someone's insight that saw this pathetic display.

told you. Not that I had to tell you anything, but I said this, didn't I. Of course, you agreed with me, but I told you so. ;D

1-6 pard. a 1-6 start, you watch.

Jim Harris

• Global Moderator
  • Bring me some DTs!
« Reply #34 on: January 11, 2006, 11:20:04 pm »

It is not a question of Stan's inability to coach. It is about black and white. If we fire another black coach and keep the white coach that doesn't produce, then we will have every national media outlet bringing out the fact that only the balck coaches have been fired. Nolan will be on every sports network and the Revs Jackson and Sharpton will have plenty of ammo to complain about the University of Arkansas. If we let Heath go, then we must let Nutt go first. It is not what is right or wrong. This will be about national perception.

[CENSORED] fire them both. I think John White signed off on both of them. Fire that [CENSORED] too.

Hawg414

« Reply #35 on: January 11, 2006, 11:23:09 pm »

im not buying this excuse.  the national people can kiss my skinny ass... bc as much as we might be down on nutt around here locally, the bottom line is that he has taken 6 of 8 teams to a bowl... and made changes that make the upcoming year(s) more promising than any of the previous years. 
heath on the other hand... what has he done?  what?  anything??  we are no better now than we were in his very first year.  sure, we've got players who came in with a little more hype... but i think now we are finding out it was just that - hype.

RazorWire

« Reply #36 on: January 12, 2006, 12:11:44 am »

In the post game interview they made the comment that he scored 14 points(I think) but, hell its seemed like he shot the ball a 50 times.

Thats becase he would miss 3 tip in's a row and then finally get out jumped for the ball. It was almost quite and I yelled " box out Townes " at the top of my lungs.

As a matter of fact the guy who won the musical chairs at halftime made more lay-ups than Townes. But like the Razorbacks... can't shoot worth a shiite at the 3 pt line.

Good lord Heath coach fundamentals. Start with Blocking out, hands up "D". Then work the basic pick and roll FFS.
« Last Edit: January 12, 2006, 12:13:29 am by RazorWire »

hogman64

• GO HOGS
« Reply #37 on: January 12, 2006, 01:48:41 am »

I knew it would happen:

I live in northeast arkansas and just got back from the game.......yes i was stupid for going.....thanks for posting and saving me the time......we suck........I would like to emphasize the McGurdy issue.......why in the world did he take him out......he was the most aware player on the court, played with the most heart and is the closest thing to a leader we have, on one set he was telling Brewer where to go........why, why why, is jefferson getting all the minutes????????????Stan acts like it doesnt bother him to lose and so does the team..........how can Heath even come out to do a post game interview.. i would like one time for him to say , I dont give a d*** about coming out and talking to you, i am p***** that we lost this game and I am p***** at this group of guys that play like losers.......interview somebody else, I have work to do..............

Ched "UglyUncle" Carpenter

• President and life time member of the Hobby Shop.
  • Global Moderator
  • Gold Hogvillian
  • SPORTS HAS NEVER BEEN SO UGLY!
    • facebook.com/uglyuncle.
« Reply #38 on: January 12, 2006, 02:26:19 am »

Why is it that after every time out our set play is somebody catch the inbounds pass...run the ball over to Ronnie.  Ronnie do something with it.

Ronnie is a good player...but for goodness sakes...use your time outs for something.  You don't take them at the right times...but if you are going to take them...use them.

wacohog

• Varsity
  • I think I think, ergo, I think I am...I think
« Reply #39 on: January 12, 2006, 06:30:05 am »

Is John White really part of the problem?

Just wondering...

arkbadger

« Reply #40 on: January 12, 2006, 07:49:04 am »

Here's a few things that I noticed as I sat through the game last night  First, we got a huge lead running the transition game, then sat and played half court the rest of the game.  While I agree that we can not compare this years team to years past, does this not sound familiar?  I can not remember how many times the Hogs jump out to a huge lead in the first half running the ball down court, only to sit the rest of the first half, and the beginning of the second half and suddenly what was a 10 point lead has become a 12 point deficit.  And while I can understand being outrebounded by 10, LSU is the top rebounding team in the league, I can't understand not trying to get better shots, and at least attempting to get some positioning under the boards in an attempt to rebound.  The Hogs had several offensive possesions where they were one and done, and LSU would run down court and have 2 or 3 shot opportunities almost directly underneath the basket.
There is obviously a problem on this team.  They have good players, yet year after year the same problems seem to arise.  Something has to change, or this team will continue to lose road games to teams that aren't very good, and lose home games to teams that they should beat 90% of the time.

hoggystyle78

• Citizen of Mandrake Falls and Lifelong Hog fan
« Reply #41 on: January 12, 2006, 07:57:48 am »

I agree 100%, whether or not the University of Arkansas is really racist will not matter, the perception by those in the national media will be that we are, can you imagine the fallout from that?, it may be a long time before we could recruit another black athlete to come to Arkansas. Whether it's true or not won't matter cause it will look like we are a bunch of racist rednecks.

hoggystyle78

• Citizen of Mandrake Falls and Lifelong Hog fan
« Reply #42 on: January 12, 2006, 08:03:26 am »

Unless we hire another black head BB coach, do we really want to be limited in who we can hire?, we tried that already with Heath, because of Nolan's lawsuit we needed to hire an african american, I for one don't care if the next coach is purple!, I just want to win, let's get a name coach in here and quit this BS we have going on.
I agree 100%, whether or not the University of Arkansas is really racist will not matter, the perception by those in the national media will be that we are, can you imagine the fallout from that?, it may be a long time before we could recruit another black athlete to come to Arkansas. Whether it's true or not won't matter cause it will look like we are a bunch of racist rednecks.

TulsaHawg

• Moderator for the Nutt Huggers
« Reply #43 on: January 12, 2006, 08:07:22 am »

My take from the game last night..........

Good crowd, and at times a very good atmosphere.

The Hogs came out with a lot of energy and seemed to really take the Tigers out of their game. Built a good lead in the first half, but failed to put the hammer down and put LSU away.  As the Tigers clawed their way back, I told my buddy that LSU would go up be 10 before we came back to make a game of it.  Sadly, that prognostication turned out to be fairly accurate.  Seems to be the MO this year.

We are not a very good passing team.

We lack a floor leader unless McCurdy is in. Unfortunately, McCurdy hasn't been in enough.

We are not good on transition.  Too slow back down the court.

Too much standing around. Lack of aggression.  At one point a ball bounced of the rim for LSU.  There were 2 or 3 Hogs near the basket. There was 1 LSU player.  When the ball bounced off, there was 1 LSU player in the air, and 2 or 3 Hogs STANDING on the floor.

Missed too many freethrows.

Missed too many in-close shots.  Townes did much better than he did at Starkville, but he missed WAY too many shots from 4-6 ft away.

Need a Plan B at the end of the game.  EVERYONE knows the play at the end of the game is designed for Ronnie.  EVERYONE means LSU too.  They had Ronnie covered coming off the bench. We have to have someone else to go to when Ronnie is so well covered.

Other than that, we played great!!

Enjoyed visiting with McKdaddy.  Thanks again for the tickets man!  :razorback:
« Last Edit: January 12, 2006, 08:10:56 am by TulsaHawg »

SultanofSwine

• WoooPigSoooie!!!
« Reply #44 on: January 12, 2006, 08:34:48 am »

That game last night was all the evidence anyone needed for firing Nutt AND Heath AND Broyles AND anyone else stupid enough to try and stop it.

Calvin N Hawgs

« Reply #45 on: January 12, 2006, 08:45:31 am »

Did anybody besides me see the frustration by Hill right after he made that slam towards the end of the game, when Heath took him out in exchange for Townes.  Townes reached out to slap Hills hand and Hill didn't respond.  When he got to the bench a couple of players tried to "give him love" but he just plopped down on the bench.  It seems like he might be wanting to get more aggressive on the offensive end...   

Also, when Ferguson threw the ball out of bounds because he thought McCurdy was going to go one way and went the other, Ferguson totally went off on McCurdy, even after LSU put the ball in play EF was still "jawing" at SM...  on the next trip down the floor, SM hit his three and just looked at EF...  I'm thinking theres not a lot of "bonding" on this team.

We need a new coach.

nobballconcept

« Reply #46 on: January 12, 2006, 09:11:52 am »

i think it is well known that brewer and modica do not like each other and ferguson is not liked by many.  no chemistry on the team and no head coach that can develop it.  we are in a world of hurt with this program now.

Ark Blitz

« Reply #47 on: January 12, 2006, 09:13:44 am »

Unless we hire another black head BB coach, do we really want to be limited in who we can hire?, we tried that already with Heath, because of Nolan's lawsuit we needed to hire an african american, I for one don't care if the next coach is purple!, I just want to win, let's get a name coach in here and quit this BS we have going on.

NWA Fans won't be happy until Heath is gone and a white coach is brought in.

nobballconcept

« Reply #48 on: January 12, 2006, 09:15:52 am »

got nothing to do with black and white.  just put a decent product on the floor that shows improvement.  let's leave that crap out of here.  i would take mike anderson in a heartbeat

dman

« Reply #49 on: January 12, 2006, 09:16:48 am »

I played post 5th-12th grade, and every coach I had would tell me when I get the ball in the lane or in the post don't bring ball down where the smaller players can get it. Now why can't anybody tell Darian Townes this, everytime he got the ball wide open in the lane he would dribble and get the ball knocked away. The fundamentals are what kills us.
Why can't he stuff it, trying to dribble for him was a joke.  Go to he hole and keep the ball from the smaller men.  Some free shots would be nice. Heath looked lost in calling timeouts, what's up with that?
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up

KARK
KWNA
Fox 16 Arkansas