• 10,348,920 Posts
• 409,514 Topics
• 23,409 Hogvillians
THE RULES (Read 'em!)
Quick Links
Pick'Ems:Football      Basketball      Baseball
Sister Sites:Gridiron HistoryFearless Friday
Pages: 1 ... 436 437 438 [439]   Go Down

Author Topic: Road Trips: 3 Hots and a Cot  (Read 1116495 times)

Stewhog 11

Re: Props to USCe Grounds Crew . . .
« Reply #21900 on: May 11, 2019, 04:15:53 pm »

coach, my back hurts

« Reply #21901 on: May 11, 2019, 05:50:54 pm »

I've always wondered how they do this.

The mowers have rollers behind or in front of the blades that mash the grass down. The lines in the outfield that are lighter green have been mashed down away from you and when they make a return pass it mashes down the opposite direction creating a shadowing effect that looks darker. Would look opposite if you were looking in from the outfield.

You can do a homemade job to a push mower. Tie a heavy pipe behind the mower and and will give you a sharpe looking striped yard.

Sponsored Ad

Hogville encourages you to do business with the following...

TeufelHog

• All-American Hogvillian
  • Never Forget, Never Yield!
« Reply #21902 on: May 11, 2019, 06:10:15 pm »

Man, the field at the Oakland /Cleveland game is crazy good!

HenduHog

• Hall of Fame Hogvillian
  • Razorbacks: Hostile and mobile
« Reply #21903 on: May 13, 2019, 12:29:10 pm »

The mowers have rollers behind or in front of the blades that mash the grass down. The lines in the outfield that are lighter green have been mashed down away from you and when they make a return pass it mashes down the opposite direction creating a shadowing effect that looks darker. Would look opposite if you were looking in from the outfield.

You can do a homemade job to a push mower. Tie a heavy pipe behind the mower and and will give you a sharpe looking striped yard.

Thanks. I had no idea

99toLife

• Gold Hogvillian
  • Crazy Times Make Crazy people Crazier!!!!
« Reply #21904 on: May 13, 2019, 12:44:09 pm »

I have don that for ever on my own yard.   

woodhog14

What year did this Cedric Houston play for LSU
Sorry, I meant Cedric Harris. I know the Ashdown baseball coach and Arkansas had no shot at Jaden and they knew it. Hill did take a visit to Arkansas as a courtesy visit because it was his home state. Cedric had him LSU all the way, so LSU did not STEAL a player from Arkansas.

NATEHOGG216

• now thats a hog fan

I would say one but I only know you through the board, not personally

Does a state not have a message board? 

Donnie Baker

• Bench Warmer
  • Surfing the web at Hogville.net

Does a state not have a message board?

What state are you talking about?

Rock1

• Bench Warmer
Arkadelphia question
« Reply #21908 on: May 20, 2019, 08:01:42 pm »

Sorry, not a recruiting question, well, not UA. I am bringing a group of players to camp at Ouachita Baptist Friday night and they will camp at Henderson St on Sat.  Since the camps are back to back and in the same city, we have decided to stay the night in Arkadelphia.  Can anyone give me recommendations on cheaper/clean hotel in Arkadelphia.   Our school doesn't pay for these kinds of things, so this old coach is footing the bill.   GAs, food, camp fees and 4 hotel rooms kind of adds up.  I know the good ole internet I can google hotels, but was wondering if anyone here might have and hookups or recommendations. Coming in from Texas.

Thanks

UnknownNobody

Re: Arkadelphia question
« Reply #21909 on: May 20, 2019, 08:09:31 pm »

Sorry, not a recruiting question, well, not UA. I am bringing a group of players to camp at Ouachita Baptist Friday night and they will camp at Henderson St on Sat.  Since the camps are back to back and in the same city, we have decided to stay the night in Arkadelphia.  Can anyone give me recommendations on cheaper/clean hotel in Arkadelphia.   Our school doesn't pay for these kinds of things, so this old coach is footing the bill.   GAs, food, camp fees and 4 hotel rooms kind of adds up.  I know the good ole internet I can google hotels, but was wondering if anyone here might have and hookups or recommendations. Coming in from Texas.

Thanks

I would look into AirBnB and see what they have to offer.

oldhawg

« Reply #21910 on: May 20, 2019, 09:00:41 pm »

Since the semester is over, won't Henderson or Ouachita provide dorm space at a very reduced rate?  Kids can bring their bedrolls.

LAHogfan123

« Reply #21911 on: May 20, 2019, 09:07:35 pm »

Thanks

You might be coming in the Caddo Valley Arkadelphia area at a bad time, with Memorial day weekend coming up people will be flocking to Degray Lake and I was there Sunday afternoon, Lake is near perfect, so if the weather stays rain free places might get a little pricey.  Just my take.

Arthur pigby sellers.

• Senior
« Reply #21912 on: May 20, 2019, 10:16:03 pm »

Not sure about Arkadelphia but Hot Springs is <30 minutes away.

Nafunu32

« Reply #21913 on: May 20, 2019, 10:19:35 pm »

Malvern is about 20 miles further east and they have a couple of hotels. Benton/Bryant are about 40 miles east, but itís all interstate so itís about a 30 minute drive.

Rock1

• Bench Warmer
« Reply #21914 on: May 21, 2019, 04:31:27 pm »

Thanks guys, found the good ole Econo Lodge

kingofdequeen

« Reply #21915 on: May 22, 2019, 05:33:04 am »

I know a handsome young fella from DQ who used to hit golf balls from behind newberry into OBUs campus to listen to the sound the balls made hitting stuff.  Thatís a treat.

Also the VFW in caddo valley appreciates your business. 

Rudy Baylor

« Reply #21916 on: May 22, 2019, 06:44:26 am »

I know a handsome young fella from DQ who used to hit golf balls from behind newberry into OBUs campus to listen to the sound the balls made hitting stuff.  Thatís a treat.

Also the VFW in caddo valley appreciates your business.

you now have to live with the fact that I gave you Like #300

OneTuskOverTheLineô

• Gold Hogvillian
  • One tusk over the line sweet Jesus...
« Reply #21917 on: May 22, 2019, 08:25:13 am »

Since the semester is over, won't Henderson or Ouachita provide dorm space at a very reduced rate?  Kids can bring their bedrolls.

If you contact the AD at each school they will be fighting to host your team for free. As a OBU alumn trust me... ;) Those guys have been trying to 1/up each other for over a century...

Rock1

• Bench Warmer
« Reply #21918 on: May 26, 2019, 02:36:16 pm »

My guys had a great time at both Camps.  I was amazed at the proximity both schools were to each other. I was told they were across the street from each other, but I had no idea that they actually were. Could see one stadium from the other.  Ended up taking 6 kids.  My 3 kids that are class of 2020 were all offered by both schools.  All 3 have higher than 3.5 GPA's so add that to their football skills, it was not hard for both staffs to offer.  The also loved my 2021 kids, but D2 only orries about 1 class at a time.  One of my 2021 kids already has a couple of D1 offers, but just wanted to come compete with his teammates.

Nice area in Arkadelphia, looks like there are building a new football stadium, maybe high school also, road was blocked so i couldnt get all the way down to see.

Thanks for the recommendations

1highhog

• Fortis Fortuna Adiuvat.
« Reply #21919 on: May 26, 2019, 04:37:36 pm »

My guys had a great time at both Camps.  I was amazed at the proximity both schools were to each other. I was told they were across the street from each other, but I had no idea that they actually were. Could see one stadium from the other.  Ended up taking 6 kids.  My 3 kids that are class of 2020 were all offered by both schools.  All 3 have higher than 3.5 GPA's so add that to their football skills, it was not hard for both staffs to offer.  The also loved my 2021 kids, but D2 only orries about 1 class at a time.  One of my 2021 kids already has a couple of D1 offers, but just wanted to come compete with his teammates.

Nice area in Arkadelphia, looks like there are building a new football stadium, maybe high school also, road was blocked so i couldnt get all the way down to see.

Thanks for the recommendations

Did you happen to drive on down to Caddo Valley and out on Scenic 7 to DeGray Lake?  The view of driving across the dike at near sunset should be used as a recruiting tool on either of those Colleges brochures.   One of the best lake views in the country.

trphog

Food at Baum
« Reply #21920 on: June 07, 2019, 10:02:34 pm »

How is the food at Baum? Are the food offerings pretty traditional concession fare?

Thanks!

Supermark101

• Hogvillian
  • We all need a little Love
Re: Food at Baum
« Reply #21921 on: June 07, 2019, 10:10:20 pm »

There is a food truck that's pretty ok. The rest is your basic fare

kodiakisland

« Reply #21922 on: June 07, 2019, 10:19:05 pm »

If you can't be happy about the food at Baum, you probably shouldn't eat at sporting events.  I always get the tacos.

Iwastherein1969

• Gold Hogvillian
  • Dude I was the cool guy back in 76 look at me now
« Reply #21923 on: June 07, 2019, 10:19:53 pm »

No brewskies, at least not yet. But it's coming.

Dwight_K_Shrute

• Gold Hogvillian
  • Follow @fakewallyhall.
    • Missing your favorite thread?  It's probably in Vents and Rumors
« Reply #21924 on: June 07, 2019, 11:10:05 pm »

Slice of Gusanos isnít bad.

Boardon Hamsay

• Gold Hogvillian
  • Eponymous Keeper of the War Damn Mockingbird Unis
« Reply #21925 on: June 08, 2019, 08:19:10 am »

Twist will work on Baum once heís finished with DWRRS.

ricepig

« Reply #21926 on: June 08, 2019, 08:43:59 am »

Twist will work on Baum once heís finished with DWRRS.

Skipping BWA?

twistitup

« Reply #21927 on: June 08, 2019, 08:58:01 am »

Skipping BWA?

We are all in on BWA....did you see the new Mussels dish? It will make The Hive jealous.

I tried to make changes at BAUM but they thought I was moving too fast....too many ideas, messes 'em all up

HogFan219

Visitorsí section at Ole Miss
« Reply #21928 on: August 10, 2019, 11:29:43 am »

I havenít been to a game at Ole Miss since they finished their expansion project. Does anybody know whether Section S and the areas around it are still for visitors? Iím pretty sure thatís where I sat the last time I saw the Hogs play there.

go hogues

• You're at an eight but we need you at a two.
Re: Visitorsí section at Ole Miss
« Reply #21929 on: August 10, 2019, 11:50:29 am »

Not sure where visitors start the game but after halftime, you'll be able to pick any seat you want - as the Grove means way more to them than the game.

hobhog

« Reply #21930 on: August 10, 2019, 11:52:40 am »

Last time I was there during Hunter Heave half visitors were behind end zone and others at opposite end in corner. No real bad seats there actually as not huge stadium.

Hogs-n-Roses

• Coming to a Stadium Near You!
« Reply #21931 on: August 10, 2019, 12:01:52 pm »

I never liked those end zone seats and never stayed there. East side lower section, as far south as you can go is the good hog area. Usually you can just walk around there and find a seat.

rogersvillemohog

• Thank you for 25 years, Mike and Marcheita!
« Reply #21932 on: August 10, 2019, 12:04:17 pm »

Last time I was there was the Henry Heave game as well and sat in the end zone, but it looks like with the expansion the end zone is for students now. Looks like K, S, S1, a part of R, and a part of S11 are for visitors now.

HogFan219

« Reply #21933 on: August 10, 2019, 12:10:10 pm »

jkstock04

« Reply #21934 on: August 10, 2019, 12:29:33 pm »

Last time I was there was the Henry Heave game as well and sat in the end zone, but it looks like with the expansion the end zone is for students now. Looks like K, S, S1, a part of R, and a part of S11 are for visitors now.
Thanks for this...im planning on going and was wondering on where to get seats. Couldn't remember from last time.

jbcarol

Pages: 1 ... 436 437 438 [439]   Go Up

KARK
KWNA
Fox 16 Arkansas