• 10,270,370 Posts
• 407,562 Topics
• 23,311 Hogvillians
THE RULES (Read 'em!)
Quick Links
Pick'Ems:Football      Basketball      Baseball
Sister Sites:Gridiron HistoryFearless Friday
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: NCAA or BUST????  (Read 2122 times)

sportscrazy

Re: NCAA or BUST????
« Reply #50 on: December 14, 2005, 10:29:46 am »

First of all the SEC is way down this year so goiing to the NCAA should happen and frankly not be a big deal because of the level of competition.  The one thing to remember though is that the SEC may not get the number of teams it usually does so 20 wins is going to be important.

Second if you give HDN 8 years and he has steadily regressed over that period of time, you must give Stan at least 5 to 6 years.  Too many PR issues that could occur if they were to fire Stan and not HDN especially after the Nolan incident.

mbgrulz

« Reply #51 on: December 14, 2005, 10:54:23 am »

the good thing is that stan is a classy guy. if he were to fail, he would bow out gracefully be it this year or whenever. i dont think we would see the circus that nolan created.

Sponsored Ad

Hogville encourages you to do business with the following...

Hoghead

« Reply #52 on: December 14, 2005, 11:24:56 am »

the good thing is that stan is a classy guy. if he were to fail, he would bow out gracefully be it this year or whenever. i dont think we would see the circus that nolan created.

What about the Circus Nolan entered when he came to Arkansas? I mean the fans were brutal! They cussed him and called him names. Then he started winning! Winning Big Time!
Beating Texas all the time in the old SWC. Then moved over to the SEC and won! Won the National Title. Then he got fustrated over some sub par years and erupted on National TV. Threw the same mud back at some of the same Fans who threw mud at him and Presto Nolan was back to square one. He left the job just like he took the job hated by most and hated that he had to be respected. He left the Circus the same way he came into the Circus. JFB has his "Oh by the way National Championship 1964 Football Trophy. But Nolan & John Mcdonnell Have "Real" National Championships reconized by everyone.
Nolan's no worse than Bobby Knight, except Bobby Knight can get a job.

WILL CLINTON

« Reply #53 on: December 14, 2005, 11:34:06 am »

What about the Circus Nolan entered when he came to Arkansas? I mean the fans were brutal! They cussed him and called him names. Then he started winning! Winning Big Time!
Beating Texas all the time in the old SWC. Then moved over to the SEC and won! Won the National Title. Then he got fustrated over some sub par years and erupted on National TV. Threw the same mud back at some of the same Fans who threw mud at him and Presto Nolan was back to square one. He left the job just like he took the job hated by most and hated that he had to be respected. He left the Circus the same way he came into the Circus. JFB has his "Oh by the way National Championship 1964 Football Trophy. But Nolan & John Mcdonnell Have "Real" National Championships reconized by everyone.
Nolan's no worse than Bobby Knight, except Bobby Knight can get a job.

Although it's not up to me, I would take Nolan again any day of the week.  Just sit back for a minute and imagine what he could do with this team.  And Steven Hill runs the floor better than Big O, so he would stay and play for Nolan.  And Nolan always had one White guy to spot up and shoot the three ala Bradley, Davor Rimac so Cranford would probably stay.  Nolan was a winner and I heard plenty of people (me included) that said all  they wanted out of a football coach was a winner, no matter how he acted, so we should accept Nolan back with open arms.  Hell, half of what he said has been proven to be true anyway...

HogHeathen

« Reply #54 on: December 14, 2005, 11:36:15 am »

I'm sick of hearing the negative talk about our basketball team...condier this

Stan has-
-Improved every year since he came
-Recruited much better talent than Nolan's last few years
-Is just now being able to put the pieces together at all five positions
-You have to remember we still have a Nolan recruit on our team---Modica, although he's pretty good, he doesn't fit into Stan's offense

It bothers me that people say that this team has no future or Stan can't coach...I truly think these people are ignorant of basketball and can't see the forest for the trees.

JMO

WILL CLINTON

« Reply #55 on: December 14, 2005, 11:39:52 am »

Stan has-
-You have to remember we still have a Nolan recruit on our team---Modica, although he's pretty good, he doesn't fit into Stan's offense

It bothers me that people say that this team has no future or Stan can't coach...I truly think these people are ignorant of basketball and can't see the forest for the trees.

JMO

I don't believe you were talking directly to me, but just let me say this.  i was not behind Stan when he was first hired, because I am such a big nolan fan.  Over the past few years I have seen improvement on this team, and i do believe he is leading them in the right direction.  i do NOT however believe he can take them to the "nolan" level, nor can he win a championship at Arkansas.  I do NOT believe he is as good of a coach as Nolan was/is, but I am willing to let him try and hopefully I will be proven wrong and i will be as big of a Stan fan one day, as I am a Nolan fan. 

Hoghead

« Reply #56 on: December 14, 2005, 11:44:03 am »

Stan has-

JMO

Could any of Stan's teams at Arkansas beat Nolan's?  Not No! But Heck no! Nolans teams would run through this team and Stans other 3 Arkansas Squads Like I-540 running North & South! He'd run a tunnel through thier Arsses!!!!!!!!
« Last Edit: December 14, 2005, 11:45:55 am by Hoghead »

HogHeathen

« Reply #57 on: December 14, 2005, 12:36:35 pm »

Stan has-

JMO

Could any of Stan's teams at Arkansas beat Nolan's?  Not No! But Heck no! Nolans teams would run through this team and Stans other 3 Arkansas Squads Like I-540 running North & South! He'd run a tunnel through thier Arsses!!!!!!!!

Although we will never know...I'd be willing to bet my house that the team Stan has currently would have killed Nolan's last 4 teams...??  We will never know...

By the way, It's statements such as this that lead me to my previos statement that their are a lot of fans out there that can't see the forest for the trees.

PEOPLE......NOLAN IS GONE!!!!   QUIT LIVING IN THE PAST!!!!

mbgrulz

« Reply #58 on: December 14, 2005, 01:11:01 pm »

Stan has-

JMO
i like you cause you are a fellow fly fisherman, but i do not agree with the thought that having 1 or 2 nolan players has any kind of effect. stan has had enough time to put together a real team. i think that this year will be successful and all will be fine, but we need to see something. we are still seeing the same things we saw last year. cant shoot - no offensive continuity - no defensive intensity. doesnt equal success in most cases. thank goodness for talent.

hogfankb

• Senior
  • Your site for Razorback news.
« Reply #59 on: December 14, 2005, 01:23:29 pm »

Stan has-

JMO

Your telling me this team couldn't beat the team that was here the last few years of Nolans reign? Come on now. Lets not forget the HORRIBLE years from thinking about great ones.

astarXzone

« Reply #60 on: December 14, 2005, 01:27:23 pm »

stan brings you finest highest quality lumber  on the market when your building a house.  But you better find a true builder to put it all together.   So far all stan has been able to build out of the finest product on the market is  a wobbly shack with holes in the floor , roof and walls.  And you can feel that cold chill coming off the hill

astarXzone

« Reply #61 on: December 14, 2005, 01:29:15 pm »

Nolans teams, even the bad ones, always looked active.  Stans teams just stand around and wait to get knocked out.  Stan has a losing mentality, something Nolan never did have

Broken Trigger

« Reply #62 on: December 14, 2005, 09:01:28 pm »

Well Nolan told us that Nutt and the football staff got "Big Breaks" on losing seasons.

Really??? Is that what Nolan said? Humm.... funny, when he was fired we had 0 losing seasons under Nutt........ Guess Nolan was not only a coach but a fortune teller (like so many on this board)

Funny if Nolan would say that anyway, because he didn't get fired for having a losing season.  He was an icon here, and had a pretty fair amount of leniency.  What got Nolan fired was when he started believing he was bigger than the program, and started running his mouth.  He had the luxury of doing that when he had great teams here, but there is a lot less tolerance when you're losing.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up

KARK
KWNA
Fox 16 Arkansas