• 10,108,000 Posts
• 403,957 Topics
• 23,067 Hogvillians
THE RULES (Read 'em!)
Quick Links
Pick'Ems:Football      Basketball      Baseball
Sister Sites:Gridiron HistoryFearless Friday
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Justice Hill meets with Coach Morris tomorrow  (Read 8483 times)

Mike Irwin

• Hall of Fame Hogvillian
  • Surfing the web at Hogville.net
Re: Justice Hill meets with Coach Morris tomorrow
« Reply #50 on: February 12, 2019, 10:29:44 pm »

I've asked about this. If he plays football it will be as a slot receiver.

hawg IQ

« Reply #51 on: February 12, 2019, 10:29:58 pm »

His football recruiting was nonexistant due to his being a SOLID committment to the Hogs in basketball for over a year.  Schools knew he was coming to Arkansas to play basketball and didn't waste their time for that reason.  I have no idea if he will play football for the Hogs or not, but it won't be because he doesn't have the talent to play SEC  level football.
incredible to believe that be it Conner Noland or Mr. Hill just have to be tied to just one sport is ridiculousles. Not so, a talent is a talent, just look at Murray at OU. Folks if kids can help us win football games,  why not !?

Sponsored Ad

Hogville encourages you to do business with the following...

liljo

• Hogvillian
« Reply #52 on: February 13, 2019, 08:21:31 am »

I'm not knocking the kid, but c'mon now.

If Justice Hill was from somewhere like Missouri, and this board got wind that he was meeting with Morris (or if we offered him), then looked at his size, offer lists, etc. we'd be wondering what the absolute hell was going on.

But since he's from Arkansas, he's the next big thing.
Maybe true for some, but not for me. I wouldn’t care if he was from NE Neptune—this kid can ball.

RaisinHog

• All-American Hogvillian
« Reply #53 on: February 13, 2019, 08:31:37 am »

Exactly right, do not sleep on Justice as a QB.

Dude his arm is no where near SEC level from what I saw in the tittle game it's not GAC level .. with that being said he is worth a look at slot or corner.

liljo

• Hogvillian
« Reply #54 on: February 13, 2019, 08:32:06 am »

as a college prospect Burks and Henry have higher ceilings easily IMO. Mainly because of size. But as far as overall high school players Burks and Hill were better jmo.  Hills football recruiting probably suffered because he was always gonna play basketball for the university of Arkansas.
You’re right and that’s been said several times, concerning Justice’s recruitment.

I’m good with him at slot.  Anyway we get him the ball is going to be a good thing for Arkansas. I can sure imagine him at QB though. 

Porkerpower

« Reply #55 on: February 13, 2019, 08:45:59 am »

The biggest thing he brings to that offense would be speed. How quickly he can get on the corner on the RPO being able to read defenses and execute with speed.

Imagine Quinn grovey running this RPO offense. You're telling me the Mighty Quinn wouldn't be effective?

jhogg

« Reply #56 on: February 13, 2019, 09:16:00 am »

incredible to believe that be it Conner Noland or Mr. Hill just have to be tied to just one sport is ridiculousles. Not so, a talent is a talent, just look at Murray at OU. Folks if kids can help us win football games,  why not !?
i'm all for any kid who can help us win football games

RyanMallettsEgo

• Take it easy, I'm pre-law.
« Reply #57 on: February 13, 2019, 09:34:40 am »

And is his ceiling higher than than any of the 4 top-50 receivers we just signed in this class?

HogJowler

« Reply #58 on: February 13, 2019, 09:50:16 am »

Justice for QB.

With these weapons coming in, he’d be a nightmare for opposing defenses.

Let him QB the basketball team.  At least I think we need one  He would certainly be one more than we have now.

ricepig

« Reply #59 on: February 13, 2019, 11:06:25 am »

Dude his arm is no where near SEC level from what I saw in the tittle game it's not GAC level .. with that being said he is worth a look at slot or corner.

Kind of my thoughts, I didn't see a SEC level arm against PA, he's a great athlete, and would be behind others on our roster.

bulldog04

« Reply #60 on: February 13, 2019, 11:25:35 am »

Kind of my thoughts, I didn't see a SEC level arm against PA, he's a great athlete, and would be behind others on our roster.
Yeah same here.  SEC football talent no doubt. Still can’t figure out why PA kept giving him a short field. He got it at the 5 one time.  I know it’s their style to go for onsides and punt but c’mon. If your QB is having a bad game and the other team depends on big plays...kick the ball!

Porkys Revenge

« Reply #61 on: February 13, 2019, 11:50:11 am »

And is his ceiling higher than than any of the 4 top-50 receivers we just signed in this class?
Did Fitz Hill slap you as a child?  Jesus.

liljo

• Hogvillian
« Reply #62 on: February 13, 2019, 12:26:28 pm »

Very possibly.

RyanMallettsEgo

• Take it easy, I'm pre-law.
« Reply #63 on: February 13, 2019, 12:28:33 pm »

Did Fitz Hill slap you as a child?  Jesus.

So is that a yes?

Been10Hog

• Senior
« Reply #64 on: February 13, 2019, 01:24:58 pm »

The biggest thing he brings to that offense would be speed. How quickly he can get on the corner on the RPO being able to read defenses and execute with speed.

Imagine Quinn grovey running this RPO offense. You're telling me the Mighty Quinn wouldn't be effective?

Yeah....but he didn't have an "SEC caliber arm" ;D

Neither did Matt Jones, but either would tear it up in this offense. I think I'm going to go with CCM's decision on this one!!

FBREW000

« Reply #65 on: February 13, 2019, 01:58:09 pm »

When I posted this, it was a set meeting.  Does anybody know why the meeting was rescheduled or cancelled?  I have a call in to a friend, hasn't responded yet. 

#1 STUNNA

#1 STUNNA

« Reply #67 on: February 13, 2019, 02:08:40 pm »

When I posted this, it was a set meeting.  Does anybody know why the meeting was rescheduled or cancelled?  I have a call in to a friend, hasn't responded yet. 

Morris got on here and read all the experts opinions and he cancelled..

#1 STUNNA

« Reply #69 on: February 13, 2019, 02:09:45 pm »

1highhog

• Fortis Fortuna Adiuvat.
« Reply #71 on: February 14, 2019, 03:16:21 am »

I've watched a lot of tape on John Stephen Jones, I wasn't able to attend any of his games, I've got to see Justice many times in person, but only twice this past season, but I did see his State championship game.   In the opinions of ones who've seen both play, who is the better QB?

As far as height goes, I've heard many on here claim that JSJ is to short to play QB.  From everything I've looked up, he's a legit 5'9 1/2".  Yep, that's short to me.  But, I've heard all this talk of Justice being 5'11", if that's so then I've grown a few inches.  I used to be 6' 1 1/2", I now stand 6' 1/2", I'm a good 2" taller than he is with both of us wearing tennis shoes.  I'd say at this point that Justice is around 5' 10" at best.  So, why all the discussion on here saying he can play QB for the Hogs while JSJ can't?   The stats for JSJ in one of the best classifications in Texas, 4911 yds,  61 tds., 4 int.  That's not to shabby.
« Last Edit: February 14, 2019, 02:21:03 pm by 1highhog »

Arthur pigby sellers.

• Senior
« Reply #72 on: February 14, 2019, 07:04:21 am »

HIll was offered by Auburn in football last  January and had interest from Tennessee, Bama and Georgia.

hvsupastar

« Reply #73 on: February 14, 2019, 09:28:07 am »

I've watched a lot of tape on John Stephen Jones, I wasn't able to attend any of his games, I've got to see Justice many times in person, but only twice this past season, but I did see his State championship game.   In the opinions of ones who've seen both play, who is the better QB?

As far as height goes, I've heard many on here claim the JSJ is to short to play QB.  From everything I've looked up, he's a legit 5'9 1/2".  Yep, that's short to me.  But, I've heard all this talk of Justice being 5'11", if that's so then I've grown a few inches.  I used to be 6' 1 1/2", I now stand 6' 1/2", I'm a good 2" taller than he is with both of us wearing tennis shoes.  I'd say at this point that Justice is around 5' 10" at best.  So, why all the discussion on here saying he can play QB for the Hogs while JSJ can't?   The stats for JSJ in one of the best classifications in Texas, 4911 yds,  61 tds., 4 int.  That's not to shabby.

JSJ is closer to 5'5 than he is 5'9. 

1highhog

• Fortis Fortuna Adiuvat.
« Reply #74 on: February 14, 2019, 02:23:46 pm »

JSJ is closer to 5'5 than he is 5'9. 

If that's the case, then his team had a lot of little kids on it as well and I don't believe that to be the case since they are one of the better teams in Texas.  Also, JSJ gave us one of the best runs of this terrible past season when he was in at QB on his first series.  Seemed as though he went for about 38 yds only to have it called back because someone held. Dude has a set of wheels on him.

liljo

• Hogvillian
« Reply #75 on: February 14, 2019, 04:49:41 pm »

If that's the case, then his team had a lot of little kids on it as well and I don't believe that to be the case since they are one of the better teams in Texas.  Also, JSJ gave us one of the best runs of this terrible past season when he was in at QB on his first series.  Seemed as though he went for about 38 yds only to have it called back because someone held. Dude has a set of wheels on him.
Yes he does, and excellent instincts as well.

liljo

• Hogvillian
« Reply #76 on: February 14, 2019, 04:51:49 pm »

Well, that pretty much settles it for me! I've learned that Mike knows what's up.

Anyway, as a fan, I can still dream, can't I?

OneTuskOverTheLine™

• Gold Hogvillian
  • One tusk over the line sweet Jesus...
« Reply #77 on: February 15, 2019, 06:26:06 pm »

Just how bad are Arkansas HS D-Backs.!?  This kid threw for 3K plus...

Mike Irwin

« Reply #78 on: February 15, 2019, 06:39:22 pm »

Clearly he is a different type receiver than they are and it's the contrast that interests them. You put a couple of big, tall guys on the edges and bring Hill into the mix as a waterbug type receiver and it would be pick your poison.

I've also been told they might look at him as a cornerback but no decision has been made as to if he'll play at all.

Inhogswetrust

• Gold Hogvillian
  • Guessing is easier than actually trying!
« Reply #79 on: February 15, 2019, 06:47:15 pm »

I bet that was an interesting game!

King Kong

« Reply #80 on: February 15, 2019, 08:36:58 pm »

Clearly he is a different type receiver than they are and it's the contrast that interests them. You put a couple of big, tall guys on the edges and bring Hill into the mix as a waterbug type receiver and it would be pick your poison.

I've also been told they might look at him as a cornerback but no decision has been made as to if he'll play at all.

This. It’s important to have small quick guys to complement Big receivers. Puts a big strain on the defense

RaisinHog

« Reply #81 on: February 15, 2019, 08:41:21 pm »

I bet that was an interesting game!

Lol you got me

HogBreath

« Reply #82 on: February 15, 2019, 09:12:10 pm »

Considering the season we just had, and the things Hill could bring to the table, he's worth a look.  If he doesn't pan out, we can always fall back one of those great SEC arms we do have. 

You may be correct, he just can't do it as a QB, but might be great in the slot or at corner.  He might even improve our kick return game, or keep us off the highlight reels on special teams.

Dr. Leonard Ford

« Reply #83 on: February 15, 2019, 11:19:47 pm »

My question about Justice Hill is this:  Since when did our competition (other schools) not recruit an athlete that was already committed to the Razorbacks?  That is the argument I hear:  No one recruited him because he already chose the Hogs.  I just worry that he only got an offer here because of who his dad is.  He may be a great player but the fact no one else wanted him gives me concern.

plumbhog

« Reply #84 on: February 16, 2019, 05:34:31 am »

My question about Justice Hill is this:  Since when did our competition (other schools) not recruit an athlete that was already committed to the Razorbacks?  That is the argument I hear:  No one recruited him because he already chose the Hogs.  I just worry that he only got an offer here because of who his dad is.  He may be a great player but the fact no one else wanted him gives me concern.
Well I remember reading on this board back when Tyrell Johnson came out of Rison that he wasn't offered by the Hogs or any of our competition because he only stood out because he played for a small school and just wasn't SEC talent. But he did ok with ASU and the Minnesota Vikings.

HogBreath

« Reply #85 on: February 16, 2019, 07:14:06 am »

DMac and DGafford said good question.

OneTuskOverTheLine™

• Gold Hogvillian
  • One tusk over the line sweet Jesus...
« Reply #86 on: Today at 10:12:46 am »

https://www.hudl.com/video/3/5266440/5a1b7ceb8cd3fb02cc25bd48

Watching KJ in this film reminded me of something I once heard someone say. "If we can get a QB who runs like Jones, fakes like Mallett and can throw like Wilson we will win it all!"... I remember thinking yeah right... BUT, this guy is close.

#1 STUNNA

« Reply #87 on: Today at 10:14:41 am »

Auburn offered him.

Rocket23

« Reply #88 on: Today at 11:56:22 am »

He doesn’t have a SEC arm, but during the championship game he did have a busted shoulder.  Th is why some of his throws were off and had too much air.

hobhog

« Reply #89 on: Today at 12:57:51 pm »

I dont think he has the arm for QB either, but would think he'd excell at DB and punt returns.

hawgwash

« Reply #90 on: Today at 01:10:26 pm »

So does anyone know if he ever met with Coach Morris?

Superhog1959

« Reply #91 on: Today at 02:37:21 pm »

His football recruiting was nonexistant due to his being a SOLID committment to the Hogs in basketball for over a year.  Schools knew he was coming to Arkansas to play basketball and didn't waste their time for that reason.  I have no idea if he will play football for the Hogs or not, but it won't be because he doesn't have the talent to play SEC  level football.
Someone said he could run the fastest 40

Smithian

« Reply #92 on: Today at 03:00:42 pm »

In my selfish opinion as a fan, Chad Morris needs to quietly send Noland to baseball and Justice Hill to basketball full time.

UnknownNobody

« Reply #93 on: Today at 03:29:25 pm »

In my selfish opinion as a fan, Chad Morris needs to quietly send Noland to baseball and Justice Hill to basketball full time.

Fine...Noland is on a FOOTBALL scholarship. If he wants to play baseball full time, great then he can give up his FOOTBALL scholarship and go on a baseball scholarship. Hill is already on a BASKETBALL scholarship and will thus be focusing on BASKETBALL and only play football when he is available.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up

KARK
KWNA
Fox 16 Arkansas