• 10,106,977 Posts
• 403,934 Topics
• 23,066 Hogvillians
THE RULES (Read 'em!)
Quick Links
Pick'Ems:Football      Basketball      Baseball
Sister Sites:Gridiron HistoryFearless Friday
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Josh Jackson  (Read 3148 times)

BaconTheSaddleAgain

• Bench Warmer
  • Surfing the web at Hogville.net
Josh Jackson
« on: February 11, 2019, 11:05:57 am »

I assume we're still courting him? He would have 3 years to play 3, correct? Looks like he graduated in 3 years.

King Kong

• Hall of Fame Hogvillian
Re: Josh Jackson
« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2019, 01:00:15 pm »

3 for 3 yes

Sponsored Ad

Hogville encourages you to do business with the following...

Hopeful Hog

« Reply #2 on: February 11, 2019, 03:13:45 pm »

I assume we're still courting him? He would have 3 years to play 3, correct? Looks like he graduated in 3 years.

I really really hope so brother but with all the Starkel smoke I have my doubts. I'd rather have Jackson than Starkel but they didn't ask me.

Bubba's Bruisers

« Reply #3 on: February 11, 2019, 03:44:25 pm »

I really really hope so brother but with all the Starkel smoke I have my doubts. I'd rather have Jackson than Starkel but they didn't ask me.

It's usually more about what they can get, not what they want.  Maybe Jackson ain't interested, but Starkel is.

BaconTheSaddleAgain

• Bench Warmer
« Reply #4 on: February 11, 2019, 10:51:07 pm »

I would imagine weíre recruiting both of them. Eggs and baskets and all that.

Hopeful Hog

« Reply #5 on: February 12, 2019, 01:51:52 am »

I would imagine weíre recruiting both of them. Eggs and baskets and all that.

Like I said before I really hope so but I'm hearing a lot of Starkel noise but the only place I've heard anything about Jackson and Arkansas is here.

presidenthog

« Reply #6 on: February 12, 2019, 07:52:03 am »

Like I said before I really hope so but I'm hearing a lot of Starkel noise but the only place I've heard anything about Jackson and Arkansas is here.

When he first announced arkansas was posted as a possible spot with him in an article

HogJowler

« Reply #7 on: February 12, 2019, 04:12:37 pm »

Would someone go to school and play ball for 3 years after graduating?  Med or Law School?

hawg1221

« Reply #8 on: February 12, 2019, 04:29:17 pm »

This is a quote from an SBNation article in late November.

"As far as Jackson is concerned, he had his moments, but he wasnít making this team better. While he is a capable signal caller on a good team, he isnít the type of player to elevate the play of those around him. And thatís ok."

This was an evaluation of him before his leg injury.

Hopeful Hog

« Reply #9 on: February 12, 2019, 05:24:24 pm »

This is a quote from an SBNation article in late November.

"As far as Jackson is concerned, he had his moments, but he wasnít making this team better. While he is a capable signal caller on a good team, he isnít the type of player to elevate the play of those around him. And thatís ok."

This was an evaluation of him before his leg injury.

Let's be honest. Most of these guys who are transferring aren't doing it because they lit the world on fire with their old teams so with what's left I'm not exactly expecting DeShaun Watson. A capable signal caller that can have his moments (and has the athleticism to be a threat as a runner as well) is more than ok with me.

« Reply #10 on: February 12, 2019, 05:57:46 pm »

Could be wrong but I would guess that Morris and Company want to be careful about bringing in a QB that might be a 3 year Bus Driver type starter because that would likely run off Jefferson and Noland would likely go baseball only.  If they get a 3 year Guy, I hope he is a difference maker. 

If Hicks can keep us together for next season and if any one of our current QBs shows promise next year, then we should be OK and getting better.  The ideal situation for us would be for Hicks to do his best and yet one of the Young Guys just go win the job right now.  I doubt that happens.  But it might indicate that we have a difference maker on campus.

plumbhog

« Reply #11 on: February 12, 2019, 10:52:10 pm »

If any of them are going to leave because CCM brings in competition then they should go ahead and leave now. If they are that scared of getting beat out for the starting job they will probably never win it anyway.

I guess we'll never know for sure till he say's so himself, but I don't expect we'll see Noland back on the football field.

I think Hicks has pretty much already won the starting job for now, but don't be surprised if he is getting really pushed or even loses that spot to JSJ before the year is over. I know he's to short to small and to slow but surround him with talent and all he does is make plays and win. And that's what matters most.

KJ is supposedly the future of the program, and may very well be. If he turns out to be everything we thought he would be then he should be able to take over about his sophomore year. I don't doubt that KJ can do it but it IMO he's gonna have to really want it and it won't come easy.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

KARK
KWNA
Fox 16 Arkansas