• 10,106,905 Posts
• 403,933 Topics
• 23,066 Hogvillians
THE RULES (Read 'em!)
Quick Links
Pick'Ems:Football      Basketball      Baseball
Sister Sites:Gridiron HistoryFearless Friday
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: CMA postgame  (Read 963 times)

Hawggy_Style

CMA postgame
« on: February 11, 2019, 10:54:24 am »

I may have missed it, but did anyone ask about the 40-15 run to end the game? I was curious of Andersonís thoughts on that. Did Carolina make coaching adjustments? Did the team lose mental focus? It was such a wild flip that I just wanted to hear Andersonís thoughts.

RagingHawgOn

• Senior
  • Surfing the web at Hogville.net
Re: CMA postgame
« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2019, 11:02:40 am »

I missed it too.  However, my guess is:

"They just outscored us there at the end."
"We got punked."
"Our guys worked hard."

Sponsored Ad

Hogville encourages you to do business with the following...

Kevin

• Gold Hogvillian
  • RIP LILY, WE MISS YOU DEARLY
« Reply #2 on: February 11, 2019, 11:05:35 am »

learning experience

pigzwillrise

• All-American Hogvillian
  • WOOOOOOOOOO PIG SOOIE
« Reply #3 on: February 11, 2019, 11:16:15 am »

Young

« Reply #4 on: February 11, 2019, 11:22:18 am »

I may have missed it, but did anyone ask about the 40-15 run to end the game? I was curious of Andersonís thoughts on that. Did Carolina make coaching adjustments? Did the team lose mental focus? It was such a wild flip that I just wanted to hear Andersonís thoughts.

Why on earth would anyone want Anderson's thoughts?

They are the same after every game.

Well I guess there is the sedative value.

Otis

• Varsity
« Reply #5 on: February 11, 2019, 11:32:21 am »

Energy

Hawggy_Style

« Reply #6 on: February 11, 2019, 12:27:44 pm »

Because heís the head coach of the basketball team. Until he retires, resigns or is fired thatís who the questions should go to.

Granted. His responses are robotic and the questions are underhand softball questions. Thatís how things are.

Smithian

« Reply #7 on: February 11, 2019, 01:09:02 pm »

What in the world do you want him to say?

These press conference threads are brain dead. Coaches give generic answers because anything more is a news story.

Boardon Hamsay

• Gold Hogvillian
  • Eponymous Keeper of the War Damn Mockingbird Unis
« Reply #8 on: February 11, 2019, 01:23:49 pm »

You could get more value from a 5th or 6th grade PE coach recapping a Hog game than anything MA would say.

razorsharp94

« Reply #9 on: February 11, 2019, 05:52:17 pm »

Did anyone ask him the same question when we did the same thing to Missouri the other day?

Atlhogfan1

• Gold Hogvillian
« Reply #10 on: February 11, 2019, 06:07:30 pm »

Did anyone ask him the same question when we did the same thing to Missouri the other day?

Yes. He started talking about bears. 

Kevin McPherson

• All-American Hogvillian
« Reply #11 on: February 11, 2019, 06:20:43 pm »

He said the Hogs continued to gamble defensively and that SCar made them pay for it, and that he thought SCar's veteran players settled down the younger players, and that SCar fed off made shots that gave them "energy" while he thought the Hogs were "spent." He also called out Dan with tact instead of blaming refs (i.e. Silva getting protected, which he did).

Actually thought his answers made sense given how that 40-15 run played out. Not a good look losing like that and the answers don't justify Arkansas's finish, but he didn't give them as a cover for a poor finish -- he gave them as an explanation for exactly what happened.

Freddy_Mercury

• Band Nerd
« Reply #12 on: February 11, 2019, 06:57:18 pm »

What in the world do you want him to say?

These press conference threads are brain dead. Coaches give generic answers because anything more is a news story.

I want him to say what adjustments he and the coaching staff made when they saw what was going on. I want him to take some responsibility for the product on the court instead of blaming the players after every game.

I do not know him and everyone says he is a good guy. That may well be true, but he is not real good at taking any blame. I am not sure why that hasnít been addressed by the media. If it has could someone please point me to these conversations? Kevin, is this something you have or would ask in the near future?

nwahogfan1

« Reply #13 on: February 11, 2019, 09:32:01 pm »

We are young. Wait till next year. LOL

Drop the Mike

« Reply #14 on: February 11, 2019, 09:39:16 pm »

He said we gambled too much, although Iím not really sure what he meant. Also said in the post game radio interview ďwe got better todayĒ, so thereís that!

Hogmatic

« Reply #15 on: February 12, 2019, 06:18:38 am »

He said the Hogs continued to gamble defensively and that SCar made them pay for it, and that he thought SCar's veteran players settled down the younger players, and that SCar fed off made shots that gave them "energy" while he thought the Hogs were "spent." He also called out Dan with tact instead of blaming refs (i.e. Silva getting protected, which he did).

Actually thought his answers made sense given how that 40-15 run played out. Not a good look losing like that and the answers don't justify Arkansas's finish, but he didn't give them as a cover for a poor finish -- he gave them as an explanation for exactly what happened.

After 23 games, the coaching staff has not corrected the lack of movement, cutting and spacing on offense.  The offensive set begins with some movement, DG is in position but they still don't feed the post.... and then everyone stands around except Jalen or Jones.  Jalen Harris get frustrated when they all stop moving and cluster together.   The coaches should correct this in practice and especially in-game because the players just wait and watch.  The coaches need to keep Jalen and Mason from getting frustrated.  Jalen's frustration and desire to win makes him or Mason Jones want to over compensate and take over way too much.

Mike doesn't like to adjust very much because he still thinks this style "gets into the legs of the other team".   The rule changes and timeouts mean that OUR legs are the only ones getting fatigued.  MA will force his style on a team with a focus on waiting for fatigue to hurt the other team the last 5-10 minutes.  He doesn't want to let up on the aggressive offensive pace or the defensive pressure because he expects the other team to fold in the last 5-10 minutes.   Mike doesn't like to adjust for the first 30 minutes because he still lives in 90s and thinks this style/scheme works today.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

KARK
KWNA
Fox 16 Arkansas