• 10,107,984 Posts
• 403,955 Topics
• 23,067 Hogvillians
THE RULES (Read 'em!)
Quick Links
Pick'Ems:Football      Basketball      Baseball
Sister Sites:Gridiron HistoryFearless Friday
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: The AAF, does it dilute the coaches pool . ?  (Read 701 times)

tophawg19

• Gold Hogvillian
  • She thinks my hawgs are sexy
The AAF, does it dilute the coaches pool . ?
« on: February 09, 2019, 07:38:05 pm »

And do some players skip college and jump to this league to get paid and not have to go to school. if so it Dilutes the quality of Ncaa ball and hurts Juco's

NuttinItUp

• Gold Hogvillian
  • In Karma Nirvana for all time.
    • Bring Back Slobbering Hog
Re: The AAF, does it dilute the coaches pool . ?
« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2019, 08:05:07 pm »

I believe the AAF still has the same requirements as the NFL for players, so it shouldn't poach any college players early.
They are trying to position themselves as the minor league for the NFL (some games play on the NFL Network and they are working closely with the NFL) so it is doubtful they would do anything to upend the apple cart.

This league might take college kids that want to play though:
http://forums.hogville.net/index.php?topic=676705.0

Sponsored Ad

Hogville encourages you to do business with the following...

tophawg19

• Gold Hogvillian
  • She thinks my hawgs are sexy
« Reply #2 on: February 09, 2019, 09:26:34 pm »

i'm Curious about the ones who really don't want to go to school but have been out of necessity . this is another option . but moreso. Does this make it harder to hire quality Coaches now that there is more demand? in the future it may make more good ones available as young ones get training

SooieGeneris

• Hogvillian
  • You don't ever want to be chasin' speed..
« Reply #3 on: February 09, 2019, 10:15:34 pm »

There are only 8 teams. I checked the rosters and coaching staffs. Of the 8 head coaches Spurrier is in his mid 70s, Dennis Erickson has to be close to that and Mike Martz also.

Mike Riley has been a HC at both the NFL level and major college. Rick Neuheisel has been in TV for several years and played in the 70s. Those guys have to be mid to late 60s. Mike Singletary hasn't had a sniff as a HC since getting fired from SF and has to be over 60.

The other head coaches are Tim Lewis who hasn't been a DC since 2005 and Kevin Coyle who was a 17 year assistant mostly in Miami.

If anything, I could see this league going the other way. Providing the NFL with some new assistant coaches as there are some young assistants who maybe haven't gotten a shot in the NFL.

I don't see any of the current HCs getting a shot in the League as they already have and several came out of retirement to join this league.

1highhog

• Hall of Fame Hogvillian
  • Fortis Fortuna Adiuvat.
« Reply #4 on: February 09, 2019, 10:33:50 pm »

And do some players skip college and jump to this league to get paid and not have to go to school. if so it Dilutes the quality of Ncaa ball and hurts Juco's

It may take some players, but coaches, I saw Steve Spurrier with a walker with those little tennis balls on the front legs pushing around on the sideline, so I think we're ok as far as coaches go.

SugarHillGaHog

« Reply #5 on: February 09, 2019, 10:52:38 pm »

I had the Atlanta/Orlando game here.  I watched it all hoping for a Spurrier meltdown.  Sadly didn't get that.  I did enjoy seeing teams playing where no one in the thread (different site) had their favorites and were talking smack.  I think the league has a lot going for it.  Will watch again tomorrow to see other teams.

moses_007

• Gold Hogvillian
  • Bring the Wood!
« Reply #6 on: February 09, 2019, 11:20:23 pm »

The league would be successful if each team was a farm club for an NFL team, like the minor leagues are for Major League Baseball.  Otherwise, I doubt it makes it 5 years.

SugarHillGaHog

« Reply #7 on: February 09, 2019, 11:31:07 pm »

The league would be successful if each team was a farm club for an NFL team, like the minor leagues are for Major League Baseball.  Otherwise, I doubt it makes it 5 years.

I actually like the teams not being tied to NFL teams.  I did have an issue with the way these first games were broadcast.  I think it was just for tonight but it made it confusing as heck when someone would comment on a play in the other game and I couldn't flip over to that game.

Red is SD/SA, Blue is ATL/ORL from what I have gathered.

Dr. Starcs

• Tell me what you don't like about yourself.
« Reply #8 on: February 09, 2019, 11:39:41 pm »

The lady that did the replay in the Orlando game was a complete disaster. But no worse than the nfl replay system and their refs I guess.

SugarHillGaHog

« Reply #9 on: February 09, 2019, 11:42:08 pm »

The lady that did the replay in the Orlando game was a complete disaster. But no worse than the nfl replay system and their refs I guess.

I actually enjoyed listening her talk it out.  It game me insight to where she was coming from.  That's a bonus considering we don't normally hear that.

NuttinItUp

• Gold Hogvillian
  • In Karma Nirvana for all time.
    • Bring Back Slobbering Hog
« Reply #10 on: February 09, 2019, 11:58:09 pm »

I think it will develop into that over the coming years. The NBA minor league didn't start out with every team having their own farm club team, and some of the teams still don't.

GoHogs1091

• Hogville.net Rocks!
« Reply #11 on: February 10, 2019, 11:22:18 pm »

The coaches pool was already diluted before the AAF.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

KARK
KWNA
Fox 16 Arkansas