• 10,106,881 Posts
• 403,933 Topics
• 23,066 Hogvillians
THE RULES (Read 'em!)
Quick Links
Pick'Ems:Football      Basketball      Baseball
Sister Sites:Gridiron HistoryFearless Friday
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Jalen Harris  (Read 2682 times)

Hogmatic

Re: Jalen Harris
« Reply #50 on: February 10, 2019, 07:24:51 pm »

Erie - you asked that someone name top teams that donít run the man/switch D CMA favors.  How bout UVA?  Gonzaga?  Syracuse?  To be honest, I seldom see teams who run a D that has the post player regularly guarding the PG. Maybe i am not watching the same teams you are?

There are some that do but they switch back quickly.  We do not switch back so we leave DG on the perimeter covering a guard. 

Hogmatic

« Reply #51 on: February 12, 2019, 06:19:58 am »

We all need to give Jalen a break.  After 23 games, the coaching staff has not corrected the lack of movement, cutting and spacing on offense.  The offensive set begins with some movement, DG is in position but they still don't feed the post.... and then everyone stands around except Jalen or Jones.  Jalen Harris get frustrated when they all stop moving and cluster together.   The coaches should correct this in practice and especially in-game because the players just wait and watch.  The coaches need to keep Jalen and Mason from getting frustrated.  Jalen's frustration and desire to win makes him or Mason Jones want to over compensate and take over way too much.

Sponsored Ad

Hogville encourages you to do business with the following...

ErieHog

• Gold Hogvillian
  • Life as a Politics Mod....
« Reply #52 on: February 12, 2019, 03:53:01 pm »

Erie - you asked that someone name top teams that donít run the man/switch D CMA favors.  How bout UVA?  Gonzaga?  Syracuse?  To be honest, I seldom see teams who run a D that has the post player regularly guarding the PG. Maybe i am not watching the same teams you are?

Teams that do it *less* tend to play a bunch of zone, ala Syracuse, or they run an oddball defense, like UVA's Packline D-- which still does a great deal of switching/doubling on attempts to dribble penetrate-- it just isn't quite as noticeable.   The Zags switch all the time,  as they want 1 to 4 to be interchangeable on D, or 2 to 5 to be, depending on the size of their lead guard. 

Here's a reference from Mark Few about how they want to be able to switch:

http://www.espn.com/blog/collegebasketballnation/post/_/id/118116/gonzagas-overlooked-defense-key-to-final-four-dreams

""We can switch with [6-9 Killian Tillie], we can switch with Johnathan Williams and we can even switch with [7-footer] Zach Collins," Bulldogs coach Mark Few said.."

Jim Harris

• Global Moderator
  • Hall of Fame Hogvillian
  • Bring me some DTs!
« Reply #53 on: February 12, 2019, 04:06:37 pm »

Heís played great today. Always something to complain about.

Your evaluation is that Jalen Harris played great against South Carolina? Can you break it down further?
I will: He took 16 shots to get 17 points. He had 5 turnovers to only 2 assists. Some of the shots he took were nonsensical. Other than that, he played great.

BannerMountainMan

« Reply #54 on: February 12, 2019, 04:11:50 pm »

Your evaluation is that Jalen Harris played great against South Carolina? Can you break it down further?
I will: He took 16 shots to get 17 points. He had 5 turnovers to only 2 assists. Some of the shots he took were nonsensical. Other than that, he played great.
this post was at the end of the first half, calm down Jim.

Jim Harris

• Global Moderator
  • Bring me some DTs!
« Reply #55 on: February 12, 2019, 04:13:10 pm »

this post was at the end of the first half, calm down Jim.

Then you should have readdressed it. He didn't play great. I'm plenty calm. I barely give a crap anymore.

Letsroll1200

• Surfing the web at Hogville.net
« Reply #56 on: February 13, 2019, 08:49:37 am »

Has the ability to be a All SEC level defender but just does not put the same effort into it. Has the explosiveness, speed and lateral quickness to be a elite level ball hog on defense. Just does not seem committed to being a elite defender. Has to use his tools in order to take his game to the next level. So many guys think that you can only effect the game by scoring but as a point guard you have to set the tone.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up

KARK
KWNA
Fox 16 Arkansas