• 10,116,233 Posts
• 404,149 Topics
• 23,079 Hogvillians
THE RULES (Read 'em!)
Quick Links
Pick'Ems:Football      Basketball      Baseball
Sister Sites:Gridiron HistoryFearless Friday
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Buechele off the board  (Read 2777 times)

#hammerdown

• Senior
  • Bring Back the Chrome Dome

sowmonella

• Hall of Fame Hogvillian
  • You know I'm right.
Re: Buechele off the board
« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2019, 05:11:09 pm »

Boy was I wrong on this one. Some folks on the hill are as well.

Sponsored Ad

Hogville encourages you to do business with the following...

tusked

• Clapton is god....but SRV was the big bang!
« Reply #2 on: February 07, 2019, 05:20:01 pm »

That's a good get for Dykes Jr., kind of surprised he pulled it off.

#hammerdown

• Senior
  • Bring Back the Chrome Dome
« Reply #3 on: February 07, 2019, 05:26:34 pm »

Boy was I wrong on this one. Some folks on the hill are as well.

Iím with you.  I had a strong feeling he would be a hog.  Of course I thought L Henry was as well.

I predicted Bruechele and one more GT to finish the class.  Now we still have 3 spots to fill.

I do believe we will fill them even if it is the end of summer before it happens.

ReservoirHog

« Reply #4 on: February 07, 2019, 05:43:43 pm »

That's a good get for Dykes Jr., kind of surprised he pulled it off.

Makes a lot of sense for Shane. Grew up in Arlington, family still in the area, likely a little easier to step into some playing time than at a P5 school.

Hogtimes

« Reply #5 on: February 07, 2019, 05:52:36 pm »

Day dreaming to  think  Buchelle or anyone else to come here.   Hicks has a leg up  since he knows Morris and the offense and will be here in during spring practice.  No one wants to transfer and sit on the bench.

King Kong

• Surfing the web at Hogville.net
« Reply #6 on: February 07, 2019, 05:52:52 pm »

Mike Irwin said when we took Ben Hicks that the rumors were Buechele was going to SMU

JackJohnson

« Reply #7 on: February 07, 2019, 06:01:52 pm »

Wow...If Iím SMU I feel like the Patriots when it comes to making sneaky slick upgrades.  Get a much better overall talent and get an extra year to boot

grayhawg

« Reply #8 on: February 07, 2019, 06:03:43 pm »

PonderinHog

• Gold Hogvillian
  • Go Hogs and Go Mike Anderson!
« Reply #9 on: February 07, 2019, 07:00:24 pm »

Wow...If Iím SMU I feel like the Patriots when it comes to making sneaky slick upgrades.  Get a much better overall talent and get an extra year to boot
Here's the thing, though.  We have Hicks now.

HOGINTENNESSEE

• Ryan Mallett: "I don't get nervous"
« Reply #10 on: February 07, 2019, 07:03:33 pm »

Day dreaming to  think  Buchelle or anyone else to come here.   Hicks has a leg up  since he knows Morris and the offense and will be here in during spring practice.  No one wants to transfer and sit on the bench.

Josh Jackson has 3 years left and Starkel has 2 left. Both will miss spring where ever they go. They can come here compete with a guy that will only be here one year.

Leaving the door to be the starter the next season at minimum. That's about as good as it will get.

Let's look at Starkle considering us, SMU which will be out because Buechele has 2 years left, Ohio State which just landed a 5 star transfer and Arizona.

If he goes to Arizona he will sit behind Tate for a year. Ohio State he may never play.

Here and Arizona are his best options. And his best option for next year is most likely us. (Assuming Fields gets his waiver) As he can potential beat out Ben Hicks

Pig in the Pokey

• Gold Hogvillian
  • Roastin da bomb in Fayettenam.
« Reply #11 on: February 07, 2019, 07:05:51 pm »

Josh Jackson has 3 years left and Starkel has 2 left. Both will miss spring where ever they go. They can come here compete with a guy that will only be here one year.

Leaving the door to be the starter the next season at minimum. That's about as good as it will get.

Let's look at Starkle considering us, SMU which will be out because Buechele has 2 years left, Ohio State which just landed a 5 star transfer and Arizona.

If he goes to Arizona he will sit behind Tate for a year. Ohio State he may never play.

Here and Arizona are his best options. And his best option for next year is most likely us. (Assuming Fields gets his waiver) As he can potential beat out Ben Hicks
yep, we'll end up with Starkle, which is nice. He does have a cannon.

King Kong

« Reply #12 on: February 07, 2019, 08:16:36 pm »

yep, we'll end up with Starkle, which is nice. He does have a cannon.

Well, he has great relationship with Arizona coaches. But I would think he gives us a serious look

onebadrubi

• Gold Hogvillian
« Reply #13 on: February 07, 2019, 08:19:30 pm »

Well, he has great relationship with Arizona coaches. But I would think he gives us a serious look

Im shocked he's interested in summon again

Hawgphat

• All-American Hogvillian
« Reply #14 on: February 07, 2019, 08:52:44 pm »

OK. - - So - -  at least that's ONE opportunity we may have missed out on that will be unlikely to come back to chomp our buns.  SMU is not in the SEC; - - and they are not on our schedule for the upcoming season.

Drive on.

nwahogfan1

« Reply #15 on: February 07, 2019, 09:10:29 pm »

I am really wanting a regular transfer QB who RS one year and then has 2 more years to play but Shane Buechele would have been my second choice.  Sorry to see him go to SMU.

wpstexan

• Varsity
  • Calling the Hogs in Southlake, Texas!
« Reply #16 on: February 07, 2019, 10:13:49 pm »

It seems as if the coaching staff is all in on Nick Starkel right now

SooieGeneris

• Hogvillian
  • You don't ever want to be chasin' speed..
« Reply #17 on: February 07, 2019, 10:33:02 pm »

I believe he and Rakeem Boyd were in the same class at A&M. In any event, Boyd has been recruiting him on twitter the last few days. They definitely seem to be on good terms if they weren't in the same class.

King Kong

« Reply #18 on: February 07, 2019, 10:34:29 pm »

It seems as if the coaching staff is all in on Nick Starkel right now

As they should be

Tick Hog

« Reply #19 on: February 07, 2019, 10:38:35 pm »

Good point. Man what a difference a year makes. Iím not for certain but at the beginning of last year had you asked me if I would have rather had TS and Cole or Hicks and Starkel I probably would have said go with the boys we had.

Hogtimes

« Reply #20 on: February 08, 2019, 11:15:53 am »

Are you forgetting about KJ? It seems that most on this board have already anointed him as the  sure fire starter the next three years after this one

Wildhog

« Reply #21 on: February 08, 2019, 11:28:18 am »

Are you forgetting about KJ? It seems that most on this board have already anointed him as the  sure fire starter the next three years after this one

I think people need to be careful placing such high expectations on KJ.  If he takes over as a RS FR, that's wonderful.  But I don't think it's quite fair to KJ to EXPECT that of him.  We can't put all our eggs in one basket for 2020.  Getting a two year guy like Jackson/Starkel would put us in a much better QB situation until KJ's RS Sophomore year.  Gives KJ two years to learn the system and get some experience, and then he can start for three years.

PonderinHog

• Gold Hogvillian
  • Go Hogs and Go Mike Anderson!
« Reply #22 on: February 08, 2019, 11:45:27 am »

I think people need to be careful placing such high expectations on KJ.  If he takes over as a RS FR, that's wonderful.  But I don't think it's quite fair to KJ to EXPECT that of him.  We can't put all our eggs in one basket for 2020.  Getting a two year guy like Jackson/Starkel would put us in a much better QB situation until KJ's RS Sophomore year.  Gives KJ two years to learn the system and get some experience, and then he can start for three years.
And there's always the possibility of injury to any of these QB's and that others just won't pan out.

Seebs

« Reply #23 on: February 08, 2019, 12:05:09 pm »

Home is where the heart and momma's cooking is.  Also old girlfriends that now work at the Dollar General that think you are dreamy.

Hogtimes

« Reply #24 on: February 08, 2019, 12:11:14 pm »

I mostly agree, but no one seems to tell that to  the posters on this board that get a way ahead of themselves on recruits.  Who knows?   Jackson/Starkel  may be another Ricky Towne.   Jefferson  may or may not work out even after two years. However, some on this board have watched  a high lite video on him and they can tell he is for sure gonna save this program.

a0ashle

• Hogvillian
« Reply #25 on: February 08, 2019, 12:25:05 pm »

I honestly don't think you can double down on any one QB anymore, even a 5 star...you have to have a squad of talent.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

KARK
KWNA
Fox 16 Arkansas