• 10,106,930 Posts
• 403,933 Topics
• 23,066 Hogvillians
THE RULES (Read 'em!)
Quick Links
Pick'Ems:Football      Basketball      Baseball
Sister Sites:Gridiron HistoryFearless Friday
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Interesting article considering itís recruiting season  (Read 1742 times)

Sponsored Ad

Hogville encourages you to do business with the following...

Hogdomer

Re: Interesting article considering itís recruiting season
« Reply #2 on: February 07, 2019, 02:31:58 pm »

The last few paragraphs are so true.  How many of us would pay that?  Really I bet it's close to 100%.

« Reply #3 on: February 07, 2019, 03:10:16 pm »

None of that surprises me at all.  I seriously doubt there is a school out there that is not cheating to some extent.  We used to turn new clothes into used clothes by washing them once so particular football players would have decent clothing to wear.  I was told new was against the rules but used was not.  That was years ago at Arkansas.

010HogFan

• Hall of Fame Hogvillian
  • I Got Dat Wood Coach
« Reply #4 on: February 07, 2019, 03:23:13 pm »

The last few paragraphs are so true.  How many of us would pay that?  Really I bet it's close to 100%.

I'd like to say I wouldn't.

Dropkick

• I'm somewhere in the middle
« Reply #5 on: February 07, 2019, 03:24:09 pm »

That was in 2014, wonder if he was Ole Miss' bag man................................

red_beard_82

« Reply #6 on: February 07, 2019, 04:12:46 pm »

My favorite line was about the fellow bag man wasn't going to pay players anymore to take a moral stand against the coach. I dont want to make accusations or suggestions, but you gotta believe that whatever school that was and whatever coach that was is now coaching at LSU.

ArkansasI

« Reply #7 on: February 07, 2019, 04:44:04 pm »

It is mesmerizing to read the lengths people will go to rationalize cheating.

I guess these guys that have made some money are happy to have the chance to play backroom GM for their favorite university.  Offering a boost - most of which are temporary - to people they care nothing about other than the hope of providing them a few bragging rights on Saturday afternoon.

If it makes them feel so great to get a player, perhaps these guys should consider providing similar help to other people in need.  The guys that can play college football already have a better chance of making it alone without the seed money.  Be a real man and provide a scholarship or similar boost to kids who aren't going to receive a full ride to college.

Winning football games isn't this important.

elviscat

« Reply #8 on: February 07, 2019, 05:11:46 pm »

Ole Miss, has not stopped the process of paying to play.

tusked

• Clapton is god....but SRV was the big bang!
« Reply #9 on: February 07, 2019, 05:35:58 pm »

What I'm amazed at is the denial many fans are in that this stuff doesn't happen.  I would say the Hogs go as far to the edge without actually paying cash to a player, I don't mean grab me a soda with a $100 and keep the change, I mean $2,500 to sign. 

The hogs are pushing a bolder up hill because every team in the SECW is more aggressive than the hogs with paying players.  That's just another hurdle the program has to overcome.  If you read the article it tells me it happens all the time.

So when fans yelp about players picking other schools and taking shots at the coaches, pull up this article before shooting your mouth off.

tusked

• Clapton is god....but SRV was the big bang!
« Reply #10 on: February 07, 2019, 05:37:15 pm »

Ole Miss, has not stopped the process of paying to play.

The hogs got a first hand lesson yesterday, a couple of times.

oldhog63

« Reply #11 on: February 07, 2019, 07:05:40 pm »

Winning football games isn't this important.

Oh, but it is! As was stated in that article, itís all about ROI and winning has a much higher ROI than losing.

SugarHillGaHog

« Reply #12 on: February 07, 2019, 07:08:36 pm »

I always find these interesting reads.  It's going to always be someone that's around the program and doesn't need the limelight of being that big contributor that dropped the big bucks.  I would think now that everyone pretty much has some kind of recording device on them at all times it would be getting more difficult to be invisible if some kid had it out to catch you.

wachhog

« Reply #13 on: February 07, 2019, 07:12:01 pm »

Thatís how it works, and thereís nobody to blame but the NCAA, which, of cpurse, are the schools themselves. The college presidents who look the other way are condoning cheating, which means they are cheats themselves. They refuse to demand that the NCAA put any teeth into recruiting rules and sufficiently punish those who are found cheating, unless, of course, the violator happens not to be on their list of favorites. In  that case, they use the poor sap to keep up appearances.
If there was ever any doubt, UNC-Chapel Hill removed it when their entire administration from top to bottom went all in to cover up the fake classes and academic scandals., even going so far as to enlist the aid of a former and formerly  respected governor.
This is why Arkansas can do well in baseballóitís a while other ball game in more ways than one.
« Last Edit: February 07, 2019, 07:24:21 pm by wachhog »

PORKULATOR

• knows how to 'dunk the crumpets'
« Reply #14 on: February 07, 2019, 09:17:55 pm »

Ole Piss would gladly do 2 years of bowl ban every 10 years to cheat in such a manner. I'm mean, they haven't quit in over a decade.

Inhogswetrust

• Gold Hogvillian
  • Guessing is easier than actually trying!
« Reply #15 on: February 07, 2019, 09:37:49 pm »

https://www.sbnation.com/platform/amp/college-football/2014/4/10/5594348/college-football-bag-man-interview?__twitter_impression=true

Recruiting season? That article didnít come out in normal recruiting season. Heck it isnít even this year. It was April of 2014. Also I think that article has been on here before anyway.
« Last Edit: February 07, 2019, 11:24:12 pm by Inhogswetrust »

rzrbcksrus

• Bench Warmer
  • Surfing the web at Hogville.net
« Reply #16 on: February 07, 2019, 10:08:42 pm »

Recruiting season? That article didnít come out in normal recruiting season. Hecí it isnít even this year. It was April of 2014. Also I think that article has been on here before anyway.

Yes, itís relevant to recruiting... correct?

I never said it was from this year and it doesnít matter if itís been on here before...... maybe there were a few people that hadnít seen it.

So, what exactly is the point of your reply?

widespreadsooie

« Reply #17 on: February 07, 2019, 10:19:18 pm »

I think this article provides a pretty good glimpse into what makes Alabama, Auburn, LSU, Florida, Tennessee, and Georgia the programs they are today. Ole Miss is desperately trying to play which I think may have prompted such an article from an OM grad, especially in 2014. You ask me? This article smells like an Auburn guy for a number of reasons. This "bag man" wasn't very slick.

HogFansReunited

• AKA HogFansReunited
  • Gold Hogvillian
  • USN AW2
« Reply #18 on: February 07, 2019, 10:30:03 pm »

Very good read. Ricepig, can you confirm that this is how it works?

liljo

• Hogvillian
  • Surfing the web at Hogville.net
« Reply #19 on: February 08, 2019, 08:56:31 am »

Recruiting season? That article didnít come out in normal recruiting season. Heck it isnít even this year. It was April of 2014. Also I think that article has been on here before anyway.
Who said it did? And, yes, in the very title of the thread it shows it was from 2014. Maybe it has been on Hogville before, but a lot of us newer Hog Villains haven't seen it.

Thanks to the OP for posting it.

Pages: [1]   Go Up

KARK
KWNA
Fox 16 Arkansas