• 10,106,965 Posts
• 403,934 Topics
• 23,066 Hogvillians
THE RULES (Read 'em!)
Quick Links
Pick'Ems:Football      Basketball      Baseball
Sister Sites:Gridiron HistoryFearless Friday
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Admittedly this is  (Read 5582 times)

MuskogeeHogFan

• Global Moderator
  • Gold Hogvillian
  • Nadine Coyle shakin it for the Hogs!!!!
Re: Admittedly this is
« Reply #50 on: February 08, 2019, 05:54:41 pm »

And how are we to get national recognized success if we finish 6 in our own division behind a just off probation ole miss, talent rich LSU, and Texas A&M, and have Miss St right on our heels and ha vent beat them 4 out of the last 5 years. Not to speak of the mighty Bama

A good start would be by turning in class after class for a few years in a row that have double digit 4 star players.

I'm pretty impressed with what Morris has been able to accomplish, especially on the heels of a 2-10 season. If he can do this working from a 2-10 season, could he conceivably do better on the heels of a winning season? One would hope.

Over the last 17 years (since 2002), we have averaged signing just 3.8-4 star players each year. .24 of the 5 star variety over the same period of time (4 total).

So do I believe that signing 11-4 stars is a pretty good start? I do. It's the best we have done in the last 17 years with the previous best being in one single season (2015) where we signed 7-4 stars. Forgive me if I tend to dwell on the positive side of this for good reason, with or without a "bag man".
« Last Edit: February 09, 2019, 06:58:51 am by MuskogeeHogFan »

Mike_e

• All-American Hogvillian
  • May the woo be with you
« Reply #51 on: February 08, 2019, 06:03:59 pm »

I'm pretty happy with this class.

What I'd Really like to see is our second string filled with the type of talent that our first string seems to be getting.

Having a really good two deep can take you a very long way.  With some of the right breaks who knows.  ;)

Sponsored Ad

Hogville encourages you to do business with the following...

« Reply #52 on: February 08, 2019, 09:20:55 pm »

And how are we to get national recognized success if we finish 6 in our own division behind a just off probation ole miss, talent rich LSU, and Texas A&M, and have Miss St right on our heels and ha vent beat them 4 out of the last 5 years. Not to speak of the mighty Bama

UH excuse me this was CCM's FIRST YEAR.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up

KARK
KWNA
Fox 16 Arkansas