RB Sports Discussion > SEC Sports

Lakia Henry makes decision on future college

(1/2) > >>

Otis Kirk:
https://www.nwahomepage.com/pig-trail-nation/hog-recruiting/lakia-henry-makes-decision-on-future-college/1759513086

redleg:
Really?! Ole Siss?! WTH?!

A Hogwork Orange:
Again, unfortunate but still a great class!

Been10Hog:
Visits Texas Thurs - Sat. Visits us and cutting up with Scoota Sun......then OM? ???

STLhawg:
$$$$$ talks

A Hogwork Orange:

--- Quote from: Been10Hog on February 06, 2019, 01:36:56 pm ---Visits Texas Thurs - Sat. Visits us and cutting up with Scoota Sun......then OM? ???

--- End quote ---

Don't forget he was once a Tennessee commit and many thought he was a Florida State lock at one point.

OhioHog:

--- Quote from: STLhawg on February 06, 2019, 01:37:24 pm ---$$$$$ talks

--- End quote ---

That's a fact! 

Ironhawg:
Maybe my perception is off, but why does it seem like Arkansas has such a hard time landing linebackers?

SooieGeneris:
At one time, there was talk of him going to FSU due to the SEC algebra requirement. If that's a problem he could always go the Donte Jones route since he's in MS now.

Donte Jones, the basketball player at MSU who led them to their only Final 4 appearance in the 90s was said to have passed 12 hours of classes in JC in two years, then passed the rest to get his degree in one summer to get his eligibility..

SooieGeneris:

--- Quote from: Ironhawg on February 06, 2019, 01:50:09 pm ---Maybe my perception is off, but why does it seem like Arkansas has such a hard time landing linebackers?

--- End quote ---

It's more than perception for some reason..

Ironhawg:

--- Quote from: SooieGeneris on February 06, 2019, 01:51:06 pm ---At one time, there was talk of him going to FSU due to the SEC algebra requirement. If that's a problem he could always go the Donte Jones route since he's in MS now.

Donte Jones, the basketball player at MSU who led them to their only Final 4 appearance in the 90s was said to have passed 12 hours of classes in JC in two years, then passed the rest to get his degree in one summer to get his eligibility..

--- End quote ---

He passed something like 32 hours in one summer to get eligible.  Everybody in college basketball was holding their noses, the deal stunk so bad.  Mississippi State was like, "What?  It could happen!"

Hogmatic:
This class is great in spite of losing Otey and Henry.  I really wanted Henry though. 

Transfer LB's from the Portal that are undecided
Undecided

Oluwole Betiku Jr., USC
Dae'Lun Darien, Penn State
Aaron Mends, Iowa
Jaelan Phillips, UCLA
Guy Thomas, Nebraska
Kam Jones, Louisville
Nadarius Fagan, Syracuse
Loren Mondy, Arizona State
Austin Smith, Tennessee
Patrick Macon, Oklahoma State
Layton Garnett, LSU
Rahyme Johnson, UCLA

DeltaBoy:

--- Quote from: STLhawg on February 06, 2019, 01:37:24 pm ---$$$$$ talks

--- End quote ---

Yep we don't pay to Play!

TXHog30:

--- Quote from: Ironhawg on February 06, 2019, 01:50:09 pm ---Maybe my perception is off, but why does it seem like Arkansas has such a hard time landing linebackers?

--- End quote ---

and the one year we that we DO land a stellar 4 star (Bumper Pool) is off the heels of a coaching change, terrible season, and in the midst of a terrible overall recruiting class.

He is very much the exception though. We struggle to bring in blue chip LBs.

hawgfan4life:

--- End quote ---

Clearly we don't pay enough.

Piggyback78:

--- Quote from: hawgfan4life on February 06, 2019, 02:30:49 pm ---Clearly we don't pay enough.

--- End quote ---

We'll never win big again being part of the sec swamp.

tusked:

--- Quote from: TXHog30 on February 06, 2019, 02:20:17 pm ---and the one year we that we DO land a stellar 4 star (Bumper Pool) is off the heels of a coaching change, terrible season, and in the midst of a terrible overall recruiting class.

He is very much the exception though. We struggle to bring in blue chip LBs.

--- End quote ---

Well Zimo's is a player.  I think he gets lost but go watch his film.  He's a stud, but he's an OLB, they needed a Henry type, but don't forget Zach, I think he's as good as Bumper.

tusked:

--- Quote from: Piggyback78 on February 06, 2019, 02:35:04 pm ---
We'll never win big again being part of the sec swamp.

--- End quote ---

Well if CM can do what he did this recruiting cycle in every recruiting cycle and if he can develop them and knows how do game day coach them, then he will win big.  Not sure if NC big but maybe 8 team playoff team big.

Piggyback78:

--- Quote from: tusked on February 06, 2019, 02:38:40 pm ---Well if CM can do what he did this recruiting cycle in every recruiting cycle and if he can develop them and knows how do game day coach them, then he will win big.  Not sure if NC big but maybe 8 team playoff team big.

--- End quote ---

I agree if he keeps recruiting at this level we'll be a different program fairly quickly or should. The part i dont like is being part of a conference thats corrupt and needs a purge. Arkansas and Vanderbilt might be the only clean programs in the sec.

TXHog30:

--- Quote from: tusked on February 06, 2019, 02:36:50 pm ---Well Zimo's is a player.  I think he gets lost but go watch his film.  He's a stud, but he's an OLB, they needed a Henry type, but don't forget Zach, I think he's as good as Bumper.

--- End quote ---

I've watched him. He's very solid already and has a lot of upside. 6'4 frame if I remember. Good in coverage.

However, I am not sure he has the muscle to come in and contribute right away. Opportunity will be there and I hope he proves me wrong.

I don't think he's as good as Bumper, and that's not a knock on Zach. Bumper is a great player.

Rock City Razorback:
Hope we stomp that arse in the Grove next year home boy!

HognotinMemphis:

--- Quote from: Otis Kirk on February 06, 2019, 01:31:07 pm ---https://www.nwahomepage.com/pig-trail-nation/hog-recruiting/lakia-henry-makes-decision-on-future-college/1759513086

--- End quote ---
So much for the argument that black players do not like Fayetteville because it is white and conservative. Oxford about as white as it gets and Mississippi about as racist as it gets...other than the governor's mansion in Virginia. Lol.

//www.youtube.com/watch?v=XAJTb6BiwGQ

redleg:
According to Nikki Chavanelle of rivals.com, apparently, he was a hog up to 2 hours before his signing time, then suddenly he signs with OM. That sounds crazy fishy to me! Like Jaws fishy!

MuskogeeHogFan:

--- Quote from: redleg on February 06, 2019, 06:51:01 pm ---According to Nikki Chavanelle of rivals.com, apparently, he was a hog up to 2 hours before his signing time, then suddenly he signs with OM. That sounds crazy fishy to me! Like Jaws fishy!

--- End quote ---

If he was that easily swayed, he was never a real commit to begin with. I'm ok with him going to Ole Miss. None of us really know the circumstances surrounding his decision.

HogCzar1:

--- Quote from: MuskogeeHogFan on February 06, 2019, 07:05:06 pm ---If he was that easily swayed, he was never a real commit to begin with. I'm ok with him going to Ole Miss. None of us really know the circumstances surrounding his decision.

--- End quote ---

I am hoping Otis, and others who cover recruiting can find this out. Just what exactly happened to make Lakia Henry switch?

Itís not often that all the recruiting gurus get caught totally off guard, but thatís apparently what happened here.

King Kong:

--- Quote from: HogCzar1 on February 06, 2019, 08:18:47 pm ---I am hoping Otis, and others who cover recruiting can find this out. Just what exactly happened to make Lakia Henry switch?

Itís not often that all the recruiting gurus get caught totally off guard, but thatís apparently what happened here.

--- End quote ---

After speaking with Ole Piss coaches his mom was so convinced Henry should sign with Ole Piss she drove 18 hours yesterday and last night to talk him into it

italian9005:

--- Quote from: King Kong on February 06, 2019, 08:45:45 pm ---After speaking with Ole Piss coaches his mom was so convinced Henry should sign with Ole Piss she drove 18 hours yesterday and last night to talk him into it

--- End quote ---
Lol sounds like they gave her an offer $$$ she couldnt refuse and she had to talk him into  going there.

onebadrubi:

--- Quote from: King Kong on February 06, 2019, 08:45:45 pm ---After speaking with Ole Piss coaches his mom was so convinced Henry should sign with Ole Piss she drove 18 hours yesterday and last night to talk him into it

--- End quote ---

You serious Clark???  Where you hear this??

Dwight_K_Shrute:
Mom is responding to haters on Twitter. Not a good look for Hog fans or mom

King Kong:

--- Quote from: onebadrubi on February 06, 2019, 09:14:22 pm ---You serious Clark???  Where you hear this??

--- End quote ---

Iím serious

HogCzar1:

--- Quote from: King Kong on February 06, 2019, 09:38:58 pm ---Iím serious

--- End quote ---

Wonder which booster it was? LOL

gaylen54:

--- Quote from: Dwight_K_Shrute on February 06, 2019, 09:18:43 pm ---Mom is responding to haters on Twitter. Not a good look for Hog fans or mom

--- End quote ---

If I were Mom and read people telling lies abt me and my son, I'd do worse than her. I'm glad she stood up for herself. She wasn't rude or out of line.

hoglady:
Something happened.
According to the radio yesterday - he went from looking for an apartment in Fayetteville on Sunday to switching to Ole Miss late Tuesday.

Razorback de Nosferatu:

--- Quote from: gaylen54 on February 06, 2019, 09:50:38 pm ---If I were Mom and read people telling lies abt me and my son, I'd do worse than her. I'm glad she stood up for herself. She wasn't rude or out of line.

--- End quote ---

If you don't want people suspecting things, don't do suspicious things.

redleg:

--- Quote from: MuskogeeHogFan on February 06, 2019, 07:05:06 pm ---If he was that easily swayed, he was never a real commit to begin with. I'm ok with him going to Ole Miss. None of us really know the circumstances surrounding his decision.

--- End quote ---
Am I wrong in thinking that coaches aren't allowed to have contact with the recruits after a certain period of time leading up to the signing day? And if that is correct, who in the hell was talking to him and/or his mom?! The whole thing is a can O tuna!

Piggyback78:
This is why weve been struggling for years in the honest sec!

Amityvillehogger:

--- Quote from: Dwight_K_Shrute on February 06, 2019, 09:18:43 pm ---Mom is responding to haters on Twitter. Not a good look for Hog fans or mom

--- End quote ---

This is college football fans in general. It goes with social media. There will always be keyboard warriors that have never had a voice before take the opportunity to make their voice heard. If kids don't like the anonymity of it, they should get off social media all together. Its a societal issue, not an Arkansas fanbase issue. 

gaylen54:

--- Quote from: Razorback de Nosferatu on February 07, 2019, 07:36:56 am ---If you don't want people suspecting things, don't do suspicious things.

--- End quote ---
Oh please. Who's turning  it into something suspicious? Why always assume the worst of people when they don't do what YOU think they should do? Why choose to go around mad and offended all the time? That's not fun to me.

Razorback de Nosferatu:

--- Quote from: gaylen54 on February 07, 2019, 09:21:44 am ---Oh please. Who's turning  it into something suspicious? Why always assume the worst of people when they don't do what YOU think they should do? Why choose to go around mad and offended all the time? That's not fun to me.

--- End quote ---

Oh please?  Kid was looking for apartments in Fayetteville over the weekend. Ole Miss swarms in on the mother in the twelfth hour and she immediately feels compelled to drive all night to Dodge City? 

Oh please?  Pretty much.

onebadrubi:

--- Quote from: redleg on February 07, 2019, 08:03:49 am ---Am I wrong in thinking that coaches aren't allowed to have contact with the recruits after a certain period of time leading up to the signing day? And if that is correct, who in the hell was talking to him and/or his mom?! The whole thing is a can O tuna!

--- End quote ---

There was a recruiting story out by an ole miss writer that said ole miss met with him during dead period.  It was since taken down, doubt anything comes of it

Been10Hog:

--- Quote from: onebadrubi on February 07, 2019, 09:48:41 am ---There was a recruiting story out by an ole miss writer that said ole miss met with him during dead period.  It was since taken down, doubt anything comes of it

--- End quote ---
If true, wouldn't that make him ineligible to go to OM?

onebadrubi:

--- Quote from: Been10Hog on February 07, 2019, 09:50:00 am ---If true, wouldn't that make him ineligible to go to OM?

--- End quote ---

That I donít know.  However ole miss is on probation so the ncaa ďshouldĒ be interested in these tactics, but I bet they arenít. 

Atlhogfan1:
I believe Texas writers and fans believed he was heading to Arkansas too and are just as suspicious to what happened.  Ole Miss obviously got to the mother.  Now it may be as simple as Oxford is much closer to Vidalia.   ;)

RyanMallettsEgo:

--- Quote from: Razorback de Nosferatu on February 07, 2019, 07:36:56 am ---If you don't want people suspecting things, don't do suspicious things.

--- End quote ---

Or people can just mind their own damn business in matters that don't affect them in the slightest.

Razorback de Nosferatu:
Posted twice, deleted this one.

Razorback de Nosferatu:
In the twenty-first century, these recruits make their recruitment public business.  Nothing wrong with that; they're great athletes and deserve their time in the spotlight if they want it.  But it IS thrown out there to the public, and what happened with Henry raised a few eyebrows, and rightfully so. 

I'm sure none of us lost sleep over it.  What's done is done, and I wish the kid the best. 

But what happened was suspicious.

liljo:

--- Quote from: Razorback de Nosferatu on February 07, 2019, 10:11:15 am ---In the twenty-first century, these recruits make their recruitment public business.  Nothing wrong with that; they're great athletes and deserve their time in the spotlight if they want it.  But it IS thrown out there to the public, and what happened with Henry raised a few eyebrows, and rightfully so. 

I'm sure none of us lost sleep over it.  What's done is done, and I wish the kid the best. 

--- End quote ---
Good take.

hawg IQ:

--- Quote from: Razorback de Nosferatu on February 07, 2019, 10:11:15 am ---In the twenty-first century, these recruits make their recruitment public business.  Nothing wrong with that; they're great athletes and deserve their time in the spotlight if they want it.  But it IS thrown out there to the public, and what happened with Henry raised a few eyebrows, and rightfully so. 

--- End quote ---
it seemed like ol miss back up to same ol tricks. Leopards wonít change spots none.

onebadrubi:

--- Quote from: RyanMallettsEgo on February 07, 2019, 09:59:03 am ---Or people can just mind their own damn business in matters that don't affect them in the slightest.

--- End quote ---

You seem over the top adamant about putting people down that are showing a little passion in regards to recruiting. 

Danimal:

--- Quote from: hawg IQ on February 07, 2019, 10:15:17 am --- it seemed like ol miss back up to same ol tricks. Leopards wonít change spots none.

--- End quote ---
Getting caught cheating only served to teach them what to do differently next time. We need to learn how to do it well ourselves. There was a time not long ago that I didn't feel that way, but it's obvious in this day and age that "if you aint cheatin' -- you aint competin'"..

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version
Mobile View