• 10,106,941 Posts
• 403,933 Topics
• 23,066 Hogvillians
THE RULES (Read 'em!)
Quick Links
Pick'Ems:Football      Basketball      Baseball
Sister Sites:Gridiron HistoryFearless Friday

Poll

Who would you prefer to play on rivalry weekend?

Missouri
- 9 (5.6%)
LSU
- 105 (64.8%)
Arkansas State
- 23 (14.2%)
Frito Pie
- 25 (15.4%)

Total Members Voted: 162

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: What Happens To Hogs Rivalry Week Game If Aggies/Longhorns renew?  (Read 2273 times)

hogcards

• Hall of Fame Hogvillian
  • The Glimmer Twins
Re: What Happens To Hogs Rivalry Week Game If Aggies/Longhorns renew?
« Reply #50 on: February 10, 2019, 02:27:40 pm »

I'd rather LSU, but its not happening. Sec wants Missouri, then that's what it will be.

I just can't imagine Arkansas vs. Missouri pulling in more viewers than Arkansas vs. LSU.

redeye

« Reply #51 on: February 10, 2019, 06:43:20 pm »

If it ever happens, I would hope we would stick with Missouri.  Why would we ever accommodate LSU, after they just left us hanging in the wind?

Frick them!!!

Tbh, I'll lose respect for Arkansas, if we agree to play LSU on Thanksgiving/Black Friday again.   I hope we're not that weak minded.

Sponsored Ad

Hogville encourages you to do business with the following...

Hugo Bezdek

• Senior
  • We Played Like A Wild Band of Razorbacks!
« Reply #52 on: February 11, 2019, 09:43:14 am »

If it ever happens, I would hope we would stick with Missouri.  Why would we ever accommodate LSU, after they just left us hanging in the wind?

Frick them!!!

Tbh, I'll lose respect for Arkansas, if we agree to play LSU on Thanksgiving/Black Friday again.   I hope we're not that weak minded.

The whole thing was handled poorly by the SEC and by Long, but Mizzou should develop into a good border rivalry for us in time. People forget LSU wasn't a national power when we started playing them on Black Friday and Hog fans wanted Tennessee to be our "Rival" the first decade or so in the SEC. In the history of Arkansas football we've never had a big Thanksgiving rivalry tradition until the years when Arkansas and LSU were both good at the same time. I don't understand the obsession over it now.

IAMHogholio

« Reply #53 on: February 11, 2019, 11:23:03 am »

LSU hands down

HogPharmer

« Reply #54 on: February 11, 2019, 11:33:36 am »

Not what my wife would say. She would say something else anatomically.

If the game lasts longer than 4 hours, seek emergency medical attention.

Sweet Feet

• Hogvillian
  • Surfing the web at Hogville.net
« Reply #55 on: February 11, 2019, 01:44:23 pm »

Missouri/Illinois used to be a regular matchup.  That's who Mizzou should play every year.
Illinois and Northwestern are thanksgiving rivals

WizardofhOgZ

« Reply #56 on: February 11, 2019, 02:41:36 pm »

I'm not sure that still won't happen.   When the SEC released next hear's schedule, the Black Friday game was TBA.  There was some discussion on local sports talk radio that the LSU/A&M game might be moved to Black Friday.

A&M, ESPN, and the SEC wanted the game to be annually on Thanksgiving.  LSU said no.  The LSU AD stated that the schools have the right not to move games to Thursday, but have no say in the conference wanted to move the game to Friday.  After a couple of seasons with the game on Thursday when in College Station and on Saturday when in Baton Rouge, ESPN said they wanted the same game every year and switched to the EGG Bowl.

In the post that you were responding to in your post above, I was talking about the fact that OUR game with LSU was almost always played on Black Friday (before the schedule was changed to have LSU and A&M playing on Thanksgiving weekend).  So, the "this" that you mention above (in direct response to my post) CANNOT happen - since WE don't play LSU that weekend. 

Now, the rest (A&M and LSU possibly playing on Black Friday) may or may not happen . . . and I couldn't care less.  But "this" certainly will not.

WizardofhOgZ

« Reply #57 on: February 11, 2019, 02:48:16 pm »

It amazes me just how many 40yr plus folks forget that Texas get's whatever they want. LHN anyone?

It should (but, sadly, it doesn't) amaze me that someone could read the post that you quoted in making this response, and THIS is what you came up with.    ::)

Yeah - let's ignore all of the sound logic and facts that I posted and just go with the "Texas gets whatever they want" line, no matter how much sense it DOESN'T make in this context.

BTW, I don't know (or care) how old you are, but this "over 40" probably knows more about the Longhorns and their influence than you ever have, or will.  But that doesn't mean that they are in a position to force this particular game, at this particular time.  If you had read the article I linked in my post, you'd also have seen that the Aggie AD just turned the Texas AD down on resuming the series anytime soon.

Jim Harris

• Global Moderator
  • Hall of Fame Hogvillian
  • Bring me some DTs!
« Reply #58 on: February 11, 2019, 03:09:42 pm »

I'd rather LSU, but its not happening. Sec wants Missouri, then that's what it will be.

If A&M and Texas resume their rivalry and play it at the end of the regular season, the SEC will restore Arkansas-LSU for the last weekend. The league had stated previously it prefers intradivision games for the last weekend before the SEC Championship Game, but was stuck with having to pit Arkansas from the West and Missouri from the East when A&M and LSU pushed for their game to be moved to Thanksgiving weekend. With Ole Miss-Mississippi State and Alabama-Auburn for the last weekend, the only matchup (unless Arkansas adds an out-of-league rivalry game such as Arkansas State, fat chance) left is LSU-Arkansas from West Division teams.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up

KARK
KWNA
Fox 16 Arkansas