• 10,106,904 Posts
• 403,933 Topics
• 23,066 Hogvillians
THE RULES (Read 'em!)
Quick Links
Pick'Ems:Football      Basketball      Baseball
Sister Sites:Gridiron HistoryFearless Friday
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down

Author Topic: Chad Morris has the ‘Hammer Down’. This is GREAT!  (Read 7901 times)

Ash

• All-American Hogvillian
  • Hogville.net Rocks!
Re: Chad Morris has the ‘Hammer Down’. This is GREAT!
« Reply #100 on: February 06, 2019, 09:33:10 am »

The Junction Boys say hello...

I’ve lived long enough to know that when someone say “Trust me”, I don’t.

If you’ve worked effectively in Athletics then you know there are times when a Program needs a cultural change. It’s quite obvious to everyone who’s paying attention that the Hogs have had a serious problem with mental/physical toughness and the “will” to finish strong. No one should actually confuse this with actual bootcamp but it’s quite clear they are using similar techniques to breaking down the individual to build team cohesion and mental toughness.

I’m sure these athletes understand why this process is happening and why it will be mutually beneficial to them, if not, they will leave after spring. It seems pretty basic to me.

You do realize the junction boys went 1-9. Wasn't exactly a resounding success.

liljo

• Hogvillian
  • Surfing the web at Hogville.net
« Reply #101 on: February 06, 2019, 09:34:59 am »

Fans and coaches.

If Morris acts like Beliema, he's too soft. If he takes the approach he's taking now, he's too hard and "today's athletes" won't respond well...LOL! ! !

Fans. I recall Barry Switzer taking the reigns at Oklahoma in 1973. He went 10-0-1, then 11-0 and had a perfect conference record deep into his third year there. When he finally lost his first conference game, and OU booster was heard cussin' and hollerin', "I told y'all when you hired that sumb!#C* he was gonna lose a game every couple of years!"

There really is absolutely no way a coach can please everybody. So he has to do what HE thinks is best. Loyal fans of the team will back him up. Disloyal fans will criticize, and right early.

Sponsored Ad

Hogville encourages you to do business with the following...

The Kig

• Hogville Heroes
« Reply #102 on: February 06, 2019, 09:36:08 am »

So stripped down there isn't even any color... all black and white.  Now that's really old school.

UnknownNobody

« Reply #103 on: February 06, 2019, 09:56:29 am »

You do realize the junction boys went 1-9. Wasn't exactly a resounding success.

You do realize the nucleus of that team (The Survivors) went 9-0-1 and won the SWC championship in 1956.

Morris is building a foundation, he is building for the future not going for short term success that doesn't last.

EastexHawg

« Reply #104 on: February 06, 2019, 10:05:39 am »

You do realize the nucleus of that team (The Survivors) went 9-0-1 and won the SWC championship in 1956.

Morris is building a foundation, he is building for the future not going for short term success that doesn't last.

Going to Junction probably brought about a sense of toughness and team, but the fact that Bear Bryant was coaching A&M at the time might have had a little to do with their success between '55 and '57.  If Jack Crowe had taken his team to a barren wasteland for camp he may not have achieved the same results.

DeltaBoy

• Gold Hogvillian
  • I'm Un-Reconstructed. Sic semper tyrannis
« Reply #105 on: February 06, 2019, 10:09:58 am »

IT LOOKING UP ON PAPER FOR SURE.

Pigsknuckles

• Hall of Fame Hogvillian
  • When you least expect it...
« Reply #106 on: February 06, 2019, 12:39:11 pm »

CCM did allow himself a Razorback logo on his whistle lanyard.

Pigsknuckles

• When you least expect it...
« Reply #107 on: February 06, 2019, 12:52:46 pm »

He's just pandering to his bass...

Which one?

« Reply #108 on: February 07, 2019, 06:20:51 pm »

Best thing Morris done here was do it to himself and the staff too.  We sucked last season, you sucked last season and this is the level of attire we earned as a group.  Bust your asses, do better and earn the things you take for granted and that includes me too. 

A few of these players do not deserve losing their pretty attire or maybe not.  The attire does not make the man.  Practicing in high dollar attire is a complete waste of money and material anyway and it won't make you stronger, faster or smarter.  I hope Morris makes everyone, including himself earn the right to look pretty on the field because pretty is the only difference in practicing in new beautiful color and in hand-me-downs in grey. 

Maybe, just maybe, Morris will let those who bust their asses get their pretty crap back and move into the new locker room sooner than the pud pullers and screw offs.  LESSON ONE:  Everything in your life is not an entitlement.  You actually have to work to get some things. Anyone quitting this team, if any, over their pretty training attire being pulled was useless to the team anyway.

mckinneyhog5

« Reply #109 on: February 07, 2019, 06:31:22 pm »

Lol, does he have someone out there yelling "get off my lawn!" Can't stand these "stunts" these coaches come up with. Just win games!

« Reply #110 on: February 07, 2019, 06:39:38 pm »

As for Bret Bielema, I never wanted him as HC, but hoped from day one that he would excel, win big and stay forever as the successful HC we all wanted.  I thought his style would fail and still believe it would have.  I believe I was the first to venture on here and call him lazy.  I admit, I was a bit scared to say that even thought I fully believed he was awful lazy.  In fact, even too lazy to assure that his style was installed here correctly.  He seemed never prepared.  He looked dumfounded way too often because, really, he was.  The worst part was the AD, Mr. Long, was dumber than Bret, as it pertained to the HC Football coach.  But the cap of all caps was that truly UPPER MANAGEMENT of the UNIVERSITY went for all this like a trained pig.  SAD.

Hoggish

• Bench Warmer
« Reply #111 on: February 08, 2019, 06:02:10 am »

You are hoping and praying it happens which means you are hoping and praying the Hogs fail.

Good job...you are obviously a superfan.

So, are  you God and you know what I'm thinking?  No, you don't.  You know what assuming does, right?

Failing is not an option.  Chad Morris MUST succeed or Razorback football  will be in the cellar for years and years and years to come. 

And success is not going to come from slogans or gimmicks. 

The play calling last year was some of the worst I've ever seen.  I am hoping Ben Hicks can change that since he knows the offense better.  Let us wait a see and stop assuming what others think.

MissippHog

« Reply #112 on: February 08, 2019, 06:46:49 am »

The play calling last year was some of the worst I've ever seen.  I am hoping Ben Hicks can change that since he knows the offense better.  Let us wait a see and stop assuming what others think.
Well sure, with poor execution it will appear as poor play calling.  Poor play calling isn't a Morris trait.  Do you think he somehow forgot how to call plays when he transitioned from SMU to Arkansas?  As you said, having Hicks should help a lot.  Will need to get the WR's on the same page as well. 

urkillnmesmalls

• Experience: You get it just after you needed it!
« Reply #113 on: February 08, 2019, 08:05:20 am »

Well sure, with poor execution it will appear as poor play calling.  Poor play calling isn't a Morris trait.  Do you think he somehow forgot how to call plays when he transitioned from SMU to Arkansas?  As you said, having Hicks should help a lot.  Will need to get the WR's on the same page as well.

When people talk about how horrible they think CCM is as a coach, he's in over his head, etc....it doeesn't phase me one iota.  We got WRECKED by North Texas.  He had no issue with beating North Texas when he was at SMU.  If that doesn't say at least something about either the talent of the players we had, their inability to grasp virtually anything they were being told, or that there were some underlying issues with attitude that resulted in FAR less than what they were capable of, being on display....or a combination of those, then what does? 

Point being....same coach, essentially the same North Texas team.  What's the issue then?  He needs time before we can even assess what he can do as a HC, and that's especially true if they never even got to 50% of the playbook last season. 

RyanMallettsEgo

• Take it easy, I'm pre-law.
« Reply #114 on: February 08, 2019, 08:17:37 am »

When people talk about how horrible they think CCM is as a coach, he's in over his head, etc....it doeesn't phase me one iota.  We got WRECKED by North Texas.  He had no issue with beating North Texas when he was at SMU.  If that doesn't say at least something about either the talent of the players we had, their inability to grasp virtually anything they were being told, or that there were some underlying issues with attitude that resulted in FAR less than what they were capable of, being on display....or a combination of those, then what does? 

Point being....same coach, essentially the same North Texas team.  What's the issue then?  He needs time before we can even assess what he can do as a HC, and that's especially true if they never even got to 50% of the playbook last season.

This is a really good and really undervalued point.

I really do like Morris and I really do think he'll do a fine job here. The upcoming schedules our next few year just kinda make me hesitant. It'll definitely be interesting to see how he does.

UnknownNobody

« Reply #115 on: February 08, 2019, 08:29:59 am »

So, are  you God and you know what I'm thinking?  No, you don't.  You know what assuming does, right?

Failing is not an option.  Chad Morris MUST succeed or Razorback football  will be in the cellar for years and years and years to come. 

And success is not going to come from slogans or gimmicks. 

First off myself and others on this board can only go on your post and your words in that post and in nearly every post you have made by looking at your post history. So while I may not be God, I and others can infer from your posts what you are thinking unless of course you post completely contray to your line of thinking.

Play calling? Define good play calling based on your vast knowledge and experience in calling plays on the college level. The reality is you see a play that fails as a bad call when it may have been exactly what was needed considering down, distance and what defense the opposing team was in at the time.The play may have failed because one player missed his assignment or just plain got beat. That is not play calling that is execution or a lack there of. The problem with you is you dont know the difference and then get angry when others call you out on your ignorance.
« Last Edit: February 08, 2019, 09:35:36 am by UnknownNobody »

Hogmatic

« Reply #116 on: February 08, 2019, 09:18:58 am »

First off myself and others on this board can only go on your post and your words in that post and in nearly every post you have made by looking at you post history so while I may not be God I and others can infer from your posts what you are thinking unless of course you post completely contray to your line of thinking.

Play calling? Define good play calling based on your vast knowledge and experience in calling plays on the college level. The reality is you see a play that fails as a bad call when it may have been exactly what was needed considering down, distance and what defense the opposing team was in at the time.The play may have failed because one player missed his assignment or just plain got beat. That is not play calling that is execution or a lack there of. The problem with you is you dont know the difference and then get angry when others call you out on your ignorance.

Bingo and some plays are called to set up other plays

MissippHog

« Reply #117 on: February 08, 2019, 09:23:25 am »

When people talk about how horrible they think CCM is as a coach, he's in over his head, etc....it doeesn't phase me one iota.
I know but sometimes it's so hard to ignore them, haha.

Hoggish

• Bench Warmer
« Reply #118 on: February 08, 2019, 10:08:52 am »

First off myself and others on this board can only go on your post and your words in that post and in nearly every post you have made by looking at your post history. So while I may not be God, I and others can infer from your posts what you are thinking unless of course you post completely contray to your line of thinking.

If you've read my post history then you know that I have previously stated that failure is not an option and no one wishes for Chad Morris to succeed than do I.

You can justify the bad play calling as you see fit.  It sucked.  Everyone knows it.  Hopefully it gets better.  I'm just waiting for proof at Arkansas.  What he did at SMU (where he had a losing record, BTW) is not relevant to what he will do at Arkansas.  Two totally different institutions and situations.   

Flaming at me isn't going to make Chad Morris succeed.  Neither are slogans and gimmicks.

010HogFan

• I Got Dat Wood Coach
« Reply #119 on: February 08, 2019, 10:10:29 am »

Lol, does he have someone out there yelling "get off my lawn!" Can't stand these "stunts" these coaches come up with. Just win games!

stop it

010HogFan

• I Got Dat Wood Coach
« Reply #120 on: February 08, 2019, 10:16:54 am »

If you've read my post history then you know that I have previously stated that failure is not an option and no one wishes for Chad Morris to succeed than do I.

You can justify the bad play calling as you see fit.  It sucked.  Everyone knows it.  Hopefully it gets better.  I'm just waiting for proof at Arkansas.  What he did at SMU (where he had a losing record, BTW) is not relevant to what he will do at Arkansas.  Two totally different institutions and situations.   

Flaming at me isn't going to make Chad Morris succeed.  Neither are slogans and gimmicks.

doesn't seem like you're "waiting for proof"...seems like you're not really waiting for anything. He's been here one season. If you were actually waiting, you wouldn't be saying any of this, you'd be waiting.

If it's year 3 or 4 and we haven't improved, you might have a point, but give the man a chance to actually build a foundation before you go knocking down the house.

UnknownNobody

« Reply #121 on: February 08, 2019, 10:30:19 am »

doesn't seem like you're "waiting for proof"...seems like you're not really waiting for anything. He's been here one season. If you were actually waiting, you wouldn't be saying any of this, you'd be waiting.

If it's year 3 or 4 and we haven't improved, you might have a point, but give the man a chance to actually build a foundation before you go knocking down the house.

You see it, I see it, others see it. Hoggish is blind.

greenEGnHAWGS

• Another day in HV Paradise...
« Reply #122 on: February 08, 2019, 10:32:12 am »

Ha ha...sorry we didn’t get Kiffy or Norvy like you wanted. But CCM walking out with the same grey sweatshirt with his name written on the back shows that he is dedicating himself to improvement also.

I love how fans think they know what SHOULD and SHOULDNT be done to bring a team together. It’s embarrassing, honestly. If he did NOTHING, these fans would complain that he doesn’t know what to do. If he did SOMETHING...ANYTHING, these fans would complain that it doesn’t matter and it’s all gimmicks.

Sidenote: We ran through the SEC West with underdeveloped players from the BB era + players that didn’t buy in + a QB carousel with no real viable options...play calling was not the problem...

UnknownNobody

« Reply #123 on: February 08, 2019, 10:32:46 am »

That is quibbling. Your posts run like this "Morris sucks! Morris sucks! Morris sucks! I hope Morris can overcome his suckage. Morris sucks!

PonderinHog

• Gold Hogvillian
  • Go Hogs and Go Mike Anderson!
« Reply #124 on: February 08, 2019, 10:42:28 am »

I'm sure it's just a faze we're going through...

Inhogswetrust

• Gold Hogvillian
  • Guessing is easier than actually trying!
« Reply #125 on: February 08, 2019, 11:07:15 am »

Play calling was fine........execution of the plays wasn’t. You deserve the flaming you’re getting.

HogPharmer

« Reply #126 on: February 08, 2019, 11:10:54 am »

I'm sure his poop doesn't stink....

Most factual post I’ve ever read on here.....

You guys are weird

HenduHog

• Razorbacks: Hostile and mobile
« Reply #127 on: February 08, 2019, 11:39:41 am »

Boot, this isn't a battle you're going to win. Withdraw with honor and dignity. Come back better armed to win the next battle.

urkillnmesmalls

« Reply #128 on: February 08, 2019, 02:10:32 pm »

This is a really good and really undervalued point.

I really do like Morris and I really do think he'll do a fine job here. The upcoming schedules our next few year just kinda make me hesitant. It'll definitely be interesting to see how he does.

Outside of Hatfield, he's the least likely FB coach I can recall to get into any sort of trouble, scandal, or NCAA infraction.  There's something to said for that. 

There's also a REASON all of the national pundits are saying that it's just short of a miracle that he was able to rank inside the top 25 in recruiting, coming off a 2-10 season. 

Yes...we all think we're capable of more at the UA, and we've seen it.  The kids we're recruiting...probably HAVE NOT.  They were what....10 years old when Petrino has his two good seasons?  I think fans forget about that.  He's recruiting kids to come to a program that, in reality, has been mired in obscurity and irrelevent for the past 8 years.

He deserves a TON of credit for that, and he deserves to at least have a chance to get to year 3 to see what he can do with them.  In truth...if the UA doesn't do that, then they deserve every ounce of criticism that comes there way, because getting a top coach after bailing that soon on a good man who is busting his rear to get us out of this pickle, would be next to impossible.   

jhogg

« Reply #129 on: February 08, 2019, 03:33:22 pm »

Outside of Hatfield, he's the least likely FB coach I can recall to get into any sort of trouble, scandal, or NCAA infraction.  There's something to said for that. 

There's also a REASON all of the national pundits are saying that it's just short of a miracle that he was able to rank inside the top 25 in recruiting, coming off a 2-10 season. 

Yes...we all think we're capable of more at the UA, and we've seen it.  The kids we're recruiting...probably HAVE NOT.  They were what....10 years old when Petrino has his two good seasons?  I think fans forget about that.  He's recruiting kids to come to a program that, in reality, has been mired in obscurity and irrelevent for the past 8 years.

He deserves a TON of credit for that, and he deserves to at least have a chance to get to year 3 to see what he can do with them.  In truth...if the UA doesn't do that, then they deserve every ounce of criticism that comes there way, because getting a top coach after bailing that soon on a good man who is busting his rear to get us out of this pickle, would be next to impossible.   
great post

liljo

• Hogvillian
« Reply #130 on: February 08, 2019, 04:18:48 pm »

...or negativity, or backbiting the coaches, or saying everyone knows something when in reality they do not.

The coaches can only CALL plays the players have demonstrated they can execute. And then, the plays that ARE called can only work when every player does their part. It's been stated over and over that the QBs couldn't hit the deep routes, so defenses had less field to cover. They'd bring more in the box. Which is exactly what Morris wants defenses to do, only when he has players that CAN get deep, and QBs that CAN hit the deep routes.

Coach Morris' play calling will excel when he has he players in place to excel with.

Hawgphat

« Reply #131 on: February 08, 2019, 09:29:45 pm »

...or negativity, or backbiting the coaches, or saying everyone knows something when in reality they do not.

The coaches can only CALL plays the players have demonstrated they can execute. And then, the plays that ARE called can only work when every player does their part. It's been stated over and over that the QBs couldn't hit the deep routes, so defenses had less field to cover. They'd bring more in the box. Which is exactly what Morris wants defenses to do, only when he has players that CAN get deep, and QBs that CAN hit the deep routes.

Coach Morris' play calling will excel when he has he players in place to excel with.

Excellent synopsis.  I full agree.

Hoggish

• Bench Warmer
« Reply #132 on: February 09, 2019, 11:01:04 pm »

Play calling was fine........execution of the plays wasn’t. You deserve the flaming you’re getting.

Oh, yeah!  You guys and your incorrect assumptions about what I think really hurts my feelings.  Why, I might cry any moment.  It will keep me awake for days on end.

Let me clarify, one more time and I hope your reading comprehension skill improve and you can understand. . .I'll try to use small words.

I hope Chad succeeds.

I do not think slogans or gimmicks will fix what is wrong with the team.

I think Ben Hicks will help more than what clothes the players are wearing.

If there is improvement next year in will have nothing to do with what the players are wearing in practice.

Now, since you are all big boys, I'm sure you could understand all that, right?

If you do not agree with me, I do not care one bit.  But, "flame" all  you choose if it helps you feel better.

Thanx!

Hoggish

• Bench Warmer
« Reply #133 on: February 09, 2019, 11:09:05 pm »

Boot, this isn't a battle you're going to win. Withdraw with honor and dignity. Come back better armed to win the next battle.

I'm not interested in winning?  I'm not even certain what you mean by that.  The thing I'm most concerned about is being right.  And I am right.  That's all that matters to me.  It matters not if you agree.   I know what I think in reality and I'm not asking anyone to agree with me because not one of you know what I think.  If you think agreement with others on a message board means winning, you have an odd definition of what winning is. And if you think winning is gaining the approval of others, you have no conviction or strength of character.

MissippHog

« Reply #134 on: February 10, 2019, 01:24:10 pm »

I'm not interested in winning?  I'm not even certain what you mean by that.  The thing I'm most concerned about is being right.  And I am right.  That's all that matters to me.  It matters not if you agree.   I know what I think in reality and I'm not asking anyone to agree with me because not one of you know what I think.  If you think agreement with others on a message board means winning, you have an odd definition of what winning is. And if you think winning is gaining the approval of others, you have no conviction or strength of character.
At some point you have to look at yourself and ask "maybe it is me?"  Especially when the overwhelming majority are saying so. 

Deerhunter

« Reply #135 on: February 10, 2019, 02:21:45 pm »

At some point you have to look at yourself and ask "maybe it is me?"  Especially when the overwhelming majority are saying so.

The overwhelming majority also though BB was a great coach, building it the right way, just needing time until his last season too. 

wildhogman

« Reply #136 on: February 10, 2019, 07:00:16 pm »

The overwhelming majority also though BB was a great coach, building it the right way, just needing time until his last season too. 
wrong
The majority thought given his record and efforts in B10 he "might" be able to achieve some success. The majority gave him 3 years during which we saw incremental improvement but in year 4 we also worried about how we finished. Year 5 it didn't take long for the majority to realize it was going terribly wrong and welcomed his removal by years end.  The majority see the damage done to the program and realize even baby jesus would struggle giving this team hope in 2018.  The majority now hope, HOPE CCM is atleast good enough to right the ship and get our proud program back on track.  Its suffered too long already through a lot.  But the majority also knows and understand there will always be blowhards that proclaim outrageous things and if by some miracle they are right we know the blowhards will thump their chest and yell "I told you so".  However if they are wrong they just quietly go away.    I long for quieter days

Inhogswetrust

• Gold Hogvillian
  • Guessing is easier than actually trying!
« Reply #137 on: February 10, 2019, 07:03:02 pm »

Oh, yeah!  You guys and your incorrect assumptions about what I think really hurts my feelings.  Why, I might cry any moment.  It will keep me awake for days on end.

Let me clarify, one more time and I hope your reading comprehension skill improve and you can understand. . .I'll try to use small words.

I hope Chad succeeds.

I do not think slogans or gimmicks will fix what is wrong with the team.

I think Ben Hicks will help more than what clothes the players are wearing.

If there is improvement next year in will have nothing to do with what the players are wearing in practice.

Now, since you are all big boys, I'm sure you could understand all that, right?

If you do not agree with me, I do not care one bit.  But, "flame" all  you choose if it helps you feel better.

Thanx!

I think we all really know who’s assumptions are dumb. That would be yours about play calling.

Deerhunter

« Reply #138 on: February 10, 2019, 07:11:23 pm »

wrong
The majority thought given his record and efforts in B10 he "might" be able to achieve some success. The majority gave him 3 years during which we saw incremental improvement but in year 4 we also worried about how we finished. Year 5 it didn't take long for the majority to realize it was going terribly wrong and welcomed his removal by years end.  The majority see the damage done to the program and realize even baby jesus would struggle giving this team hope in 2018.  The majority now hope, HOPE CCM is atleast good enough to right the ship and get our proud program back on track.  Its suffered too long already through a lot.  But the majority also knows and understand there will always be blowhards that proclaim outrageous things and if by some miracle they are right we know the blowhards will thump their chest and yell "I told you so".  However if they are wrong they just quietly go away.    I long for quieter days

So your saying you were wrong about BB and are just doing it in an angry kicking and crying sort of way...  and your post just said what mine did. 

You obviously are trying to defend yourself for being wrong about BB.  Lol. It’s ok, but remember this time of it starts going south that some people know a little more than you and the “majority” do. 
« Last Edit: February 10, 2019, 07:33:55 pm by Deerhunter »

wildhogman

« Reply #139 on: February 11, 2019, 05:37:37 am »

So your saying you were wrong about BB and are just doing it in an angry kicking and crying sort of way...  and your post just said what mine did. 

You obviously are trying to defend yourself for being wrong about BB.  Lol. It’s ok, but remember this time of it starts going south that some people know a little more than you and the “majority” do. 
The biggest thing you missed from my post. I long for quieter days without all the seer's and Nostradomous's running wild. 
One year with a broken team and players who don't buy in.  That's what your judging CCM on.   I wonder if you were Jerry Jones if you would have fired Jimmy in year one after going 1-15.  Remember, what he did in college doesn't matter. College is as different from the NFL as the Big10 is to the SEC.  You don't know anymore then anyone else.  But keep blowing the horn.

Deerhunter

« Reply #140 on: February 11, 2019, 07:48:47 am »

The biggest thing you missed from my post. I long for quieter days without all the seer's and Nostradomous's running wild. 
One year with a broken team and players who don't buy in.  That's what your judging CCM on.   I wonder if you were Jerry Jones if you would have fired Jimmy in year one after going 1-15.  Remember, what he did in college doesn't matter. College is as different from the NFL as the Big10 is to the SEC.  You don't know anymore then anyone else.  But keep blowing the horn.

You are rambling.  First off I’m not against CM.  Actually would like for him to be successful because I’m tired of losing.  I try to look at things from all angles and you apparently are not capable of that.  I looked at your post history.  I could pull it up and show how you constantly put other posters down who do not agree with you.  You have a post from BB days guaranteeing he will not be fired. How did that work for ya?  So I will blow my horn when posters like you defend and guarantee things you have no knowledge of and then think your smart by calling others Nostradamus.  Lol.

And no there is not that big of a gap between the SEC and Big 10 as there is the SEC and the NFL.  Nonsense.
« Last Edit: February 11, 2019, 08:25:06 am by Deerhunter »

urkillnmesmalls

« Reply #141 on: February 12, 2019, 08:01:31 pm »

wrong

Nailed it.  That's exactly it.  The people who love to puff out their chests and proclaim that they were the only one who knew, or they were in the minority, don't get to do that by painting a false picture of what the majority were thinking.  I think most felt exactly like you suggested.  I was in that camp. 

PorkFromOrk

« Reply #142 on: February 12, 2019, 08:53:44 pm »

Nailed it.  That's exactly it.  The people who love to puff out their chests and proclaim that they were the only one who knew, or they were in the minority, don't get to do that by painting a false picture of what the majority were thinking.  I think most felt exactly like you suggested.  I was in that camp.

The main problem I see here is that people seem to think you have to draw a line in the sand and make up your mind about a coach as soon as he is hired or after a season or two.  Too many comments of “there’s a lot of people on here now complaining about Bielema who liked him when he was hired and badmouthed those who didn’t”.  Are people not allowed to change their minds based on results over a reasonable period?  There are all kinds of examples of coaches who stunk it up for a couple or three seasons then built a great program just as there are of those who looked like stars then fizzled out.  Why is it so important to people to make a snap judgement then find every little thing they can to point to and say “see, I was right”? 

Chad is not perfect, but few other than Saban are.  He will make mistakes, but he may just surprise some people when it’s all said and done.  He’s the coach until he isn’t, just like all before him.  Give the man a chance people.

urkillnmesmalls

« Reply #143 on: February 12, 2019, 10:50:02 pm »

The main problem I see here is that people seem to think you have to draw a line in the sand and make up your mind about a coach as soon as he is hired or after a season or two.  Too many comments of “there’s a lot of people on here now complaining about Bielema who liked him when he was hired and badmouthed those who didn’t”.  Are people not allowed to change their minds based on results over a reasonable period?  There are all kinds of examples of coaches who stunk it up for a couple or three seasons then built a great program just as there are of those who looked like stars then fizzled out.  Why is it so important to people to make a snap judgement then find every little thing they can to point to and say “see, I was right”? 

Chad is not perfect, but few other than Saban are.  He will make mistakes, but he may just surprise some people when it’s all said and done.  He’s the coach until he isn’t, just like all before him.  Give the man a chance people.

The perception is that if you're in the minority, and you're right, then you have bragging rights.  That's how it has always been on Hogville.  Jump out there as quickly as possible, profess that whoever/whatever/however is going to fail, and then wait to see if it happens.  When they succeed...they stay behind the curtain.  When they fail...they have the post copy and pasted and can't wait to refer back to it, and proclaim "I told you so...my gloom and doom prediction was spot on."  Well...that's if they aren't already on their third moniker, CLAIMING that they predicted it 6 years ago, when they have 145 posts total.  That will NEVER change. 

HDN is widely proclaimed to have been a horrible coach while he was here, who got lucky to win every game he won.  He did it with snake oil and used car salesmanship.  What he did toward the end of his tenure here, was inexcusable, and tarnished his reputation forever.  But...in his worst year, we could have lined up and beaten CSU and NTU just by having better players, and running over them.  We couldn't come close to doing that last season, and we really don't know why.  Could it be because CCM can't coach his way out of a paper bag, and he's in way over his head?  Yes...absolutely.  Did we see enough last year to know that...absolutely not.  I guess some claim they did...which is fine.  I doesn't matter....he's going to get at least three years, barring a full-on Chernobyl meltdown next season.   

Swinelake

• Bench Warmer
« Reply #144 on: February 13, 2019, 12:44:52 am »

You are hoping and praying it happens which means you are hoping and praying the Hogs fail.

Good job...you are obviously a superfan.

There's a subset of every fan base which values being "right" even over theirnown team's success. So they poo poo any new coach knowing full well that most coaches fail.

So when the odds play out as they usually do, the poster gets to be "right" where all of us "sheep" who just want to support our team are "stupid". It's lazy and cowardly.

OneTuskOverTheLine™

• Gold Hogvillian
  • One tusk over the line sweet Jesus...
« Reply #145 on: February 13, 2019, 01:11:23 am »

wildhogman

« Reply #146 on: February 15, 2019, 07:05:38 am »

You are rambling.  First off I’m not against CM.  Actually would like for him to be successful because I’m tired of losing.  I try to look at things from all angles and you apparently are not capable of that.  I looked at your post history.  I could pull it up and show how you constantly put other posters down who do not agree with you.  You have a post from BB days guaranteeing he will not be fired. How did that work for ya?  So I will blow my horn when posters like you defend and guarantee things you have no knowledge of and then think your smart by calling others Nostradamus.  Lol.

And no there is not that big of a gap between the SEC and Big 10 as there is the SEC and the NFL.  Nonsense.

Oh I didn't realize that to be important I have to predict that a coach will get fired.  All coaches get fired eventually.  To go back to my example, Jimmy Jonhson built dallas into a dynasty and still got told to leave.  Now maybe it wasn't because he lost and had more to do with an owner who wanted to relive his glory days through a pro team, but the fact remains the same. 
So I'll get on the band wagon,,, CCM will be fired,, Sabin, fired.  Jesus coaching the first football team in the new era called "AD", fired and in such a final way. Happy now?  all fired. SMDH
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up

KARK
KWNA
Fox 16 Arkansas