• 10,106,881 Posts
• 403,933 Topics
• 23,066 Hogvillians
THE RULES (Read 'em!)
Quick Links
Pick'Ems:Football      Basketball      Baseball
Sister Sites:Gridiron HistoryFearless Friday
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down

Author Topic: Chad Morris has the ‘Hammer Down’. This is GREAT!  (Read 7899 times)

farmhawg

Re: Chad Morris has the ‘Hammer Down’. This is GREAT!
« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2019, 08:24:25 pm »

Old school. Love it.

Sponsored Ad

Hogville encourages you to do business with the following...

LZH

• Gold Hogvillian
  • Tight but Loose
« Reply #2 on: February 04, 2019, 08:33:04 pm »

Whoa, I didn't realize we were the only ones allowed to talk darn.  All's fair in love and war, ladies.

hawg1221

« Reply #3 on: February 04, 2019, 08:34:23 pm »

I think that's a great idea. I really like coach Morris.

MuskogeeHogFan

• Global Moderator
  • Gold Hogvillian
  • Nadine Coyle shakin it for the Hogs!!!!
« Reply #4 on: February 04, 2019, 09:19:55 pm »

I'm a fan of earning what you get especially when some have taken a lot for granted. I'm also a fan of no names on the back of jerseys until the entire team has earned the right and maybe these days, not even then. I prefer a "team" that values each other and works together as a unit, as opposed to a group of individuals on a team that have an attitude like, "I got to get mine".

Mo_Better_Hogs

• All-American Hogvillian
  • DE FENSE!! DE FENSE!!
« Reply #5 on: February 04, 2019, 09:29:17 pm »

Love it!

widespreadsooie

« Reply #6 on: February 04, 2019, 09:40:36 pm »

I like it, probably motivating for some. The gear and facilities can create complacency.

Al Boarland

• Surfing the web at Hogville.net
« Reply #8 on: February 04, 2019, 10:39:02 pm »

This will definitely test buy in.

Tejano Jawg

« Reply #9 on: February 04, 2019, 11:29:29 pm »

I love all the major old-school treatments, down to the circa 1970s gray cotton sweatsuits. None of that high-tech, moisture-wicking, dri-fit crap. The magic marker name is a nice touch too.

flagstaffhog

« Reply #10 on: February 05, 2019, 12:09:02 am »

Go HOGS Go!

Arkansas Hog in Dallas

« Reply #11 on: February 05, 2019, 12:32:16 am »

This is just a way to appeal to old fans. Personally, I wish they’d use modern technology when it’s an option. You think that Dabo, Saban, or Belichick would pull this?

hawg1221

« Reply #12 on: February 05, 2019, 01:27:21 am »

This is just a way to appeal to old fans. Personally, I wish they’d use modern technology when it’s an option. You think that Dabo, Saban, or Belichick would pull this?

Well if you ask Morris, he would know since he worked under Dabo.

LAHogfan123

« Reply #13 on: February 05, 2019, 02:18:13 am »

Well, I'm for anything that works. CCM should have used haystring though to tie that whistle around his neck instead of his Razorback strap to fully pull off the look.

« Reply #14 on: February 05, 2019, 02:31:48 am »

What does that even mean?

cpohog

« Reply #15 on: February 05, 2019, 04:34:03 am »

What does that even mean?

You know! Modern Technology !! They should all be sitting around playing video games, posting pics of themselves on Snapchat and twitter!

We all know this will not sit well with some of the snowflakes!! As for me, if it gets the attention of this younger generation and helps them understand things in life are not free and develops a sense of pride and TEAM before self, I am all for it!!! Once you graduate and enter the REAL world you have to work to get ahead!! This IMO is a lesson bigger than football, this is a lesson in LIFE!!

rzrbk4life

« Reply #16 on: February 05, 2019, 05:19:22 am »

Love it. WPS

LZH

• Gold Hogvillian
  • Tight but Loose
« Reply #17 on: February 05, 2019, 05:45:25 am »

Hell, this is how Belichick dresses for games.

Hoggish

• Bench Warmer
« Reply #18 on: February 05, 2019, 05:45:49 am »

This is really just dumb.  Wearing ugly gray sweats during work outs isn't going to make the play calling any better next fall. 

And it seems everything Chad Morris does is just super great.  I'm sure his poop doesn't stink, either.  Then, when he's inevitably fired, everyone will make fun of the gray sweats and the stupid hammer down crap!  It will happen.

UnknownNobody

« Reply #19 on: February 05, 2019, 06:05:17 am »

This is really just dumb.  Wearing ugly gray sweats during work outs isn't going to make the play calling any better next fall. 

And it seems everything Chad Morris does is just super great.  I'm sure his poop doesn't stink, either.  Then, when he's inevitably fired, everyone will make fun of the gray sweats and the stupid hammer down crap!  It will happen.

You are hoping and praying it happens which means you are hoping and praying the Hogs fail.

Good job...you are obviously a superfan.

Ironhawg

« Reply #20 on: February 05, 2019, 06:18:51 am »

I don't  care one way or the other as long as it works.  It does make me wonder if Morris is still having trouble with some members of the team not completely buying in.

TrueBlue

• "It ain't braggin' if you can back it up."
« Reply #21 on: February 05, 2019, 06:36:12 am »

You supposed to take your antidepressant BEFORE you start the day, remember?

LZH

• Gold Hogvillian
  • Tight but Loose
« Reply #22 on: February 05, 2019, 06:37:10 am »

It does make me wonder if Morris is still having trouble with some members of the team not completely buying in.

It does, even if a little.

And fwiw, I really like the idea regardless of lingering/leftover grumblings.

The NewEra

« Reply #23 on: February 05, 2019, 06:42:11 am »

Don't let the door hit  ya where the Good Lord split ya.

Dr. Leonard Ford

« Reply #24 on: February 05, 2019, 06:58:05 am »

I heard they were wearing old leather helmets with no face mask.

HenduHog

• Hall of Fame Hogvillian
  • Razorbacks: Hostile and mobile
« Reply #25 on: February 05, 2019, 07:24:29 am »

So, to be clear, you WANT the team to fail so you can be vindicated as the guy who said CCM will fail. Nice. 

hawgwash

« Reply #26 on: February 05, 2019, 07:26:36 am »

I don't know.  When's the last time any of them went 2-10?

Superhog1959

« Reply #27 on: February 05, 2019, 07:31:39 am »

I like it. Get them down and dirty. Make them earn it.
I remember my freshman year in HS. First practice Coach lines us up. First thing he said was, "When I ask you something or tell you something, you say YES SIR". His first question was, "do you all think your tough"? We yell YES SIR.
I later regretted saying that. It was not true at that time. lol.

cjack

• Senior
  • A dedicated fan base that few programs have
« Reply #28 on: February 05, 2019, 08:21:19 am »

He didn't take away any technology.  Our guys are still working out with the best we have to offer.  He took away the Nike "swag". 

woodhog14

« Reply #29 on: February 05, 2019, 08:25:10 am »

Coach K at Duke did this exact same thing last year to his team. And yes, Dabo has done this before at Clemson.

Amityvillehogger

• Veni, vidi, vici...
« Reply #30 on: February 05, 2019, 08:25:29 am »

And you are the type of person that gets weeded out. See ya.

DeltaBoy

• Gold Hogvillian
  • I'm Un-Reconstructed. Sic semper tyrannis
« Reply #31 on: February 05, 2019, 08:25:44 am »

You will play no better than you practice and it catches up even with the great ones ie Matt Jones.
I hope I hear NO Puking on my Grass!

FullTiltBoogie416

« Reply #32 on: February 05, 2019, 08:29:35 am »

I very seriously doubt Coach Morris makes his coaching/training decisions based on what he thinks fans' reactions will be.  This isn't an appeal to any fans, it's a method to get his players to realize they gotta work hard to earn nice things.

Suidae Suis Scrofa

• Varsity
  • Before there was Tusk, there was Big Red.
« Reply #33 on: February 05, 2019, 08:46:51 am »

Did you not learn anything from Rocky IV?  Old school work and heart trumps technology any day. :D

-phil

PorkFromOrk

« Reply #34 on: February 05, 2019, 08:58:36 am »

Is somebody upset because Morris is still the coach?

Redhogs

« Reply #35 on: February 05, 2019, 09:37:08 am »

You are a bitter person. Sure glad you have no say in the program....I'm sure Bert was your man, he was big on all the latest trends and gadgets, that worked out sooo well.

Redhogs

« Reply #36 on: February 05, 2019, 09:40:24 am »

This will definitely test buy in.
As it should, time to sniff it out now.  Figuring it out @ game 5 is a little too late. That's how you go 2-10.

jhogg

« Reply #37 on: February 05, 2019, 11:09:10 am »

Making them earn it, love what the coach is doing.looks like the coaches have to earn it to

rtr

« Reply #38 on: February 05, 2019, 11:34:03 am »

It does seem if there was more of an emphasis on "marketing" "logos" "branding" and Nike gear rather than the actual play on the field under the previous regime.  I find this course refreshing and only wish CCM would have done this last year regardless of any feelings he may have hurt.

BigSexyHog

« Reply #39 on: February 05, 2019, 11:37:46 am »

This is stupid.  Hope he removes it from the coaches after this atrocious season they had.

The NewEra

« Reply #40 on: February 05, 2019, 11:39:52 am »

This is stupid.  Hope he removes it from the coaches after this atrocious season they had.
Please pay attention.

Al Boarland

« Reply #41 on: February 05, 2019, 12:15:02 pm »

You are a bitter person. Sure glad you have no say in the program....I'm sure Bert was your man, he was big on all the latest trends and gadgets, that worked out sooo well.

BB was almost everyone's man until he wasn't anymore.  Once critical mass hit it was okay not to like him.  It's the fan cycle.  It will happen again.

Pigs in Zen

« Reply #42 on: February 05, 2019, 12:57:25 pm »

And this is why the most jaded and ignorant of hog fans get The Hogville Brain Trust moniker. HVBT all day amirite?! 😂

mhsbc59

• "Cause thats how I Role"
« Reply #43 on: February 05, 2019, 01:08:14 pm »

And this is why the most jaded and ignorant of hog fans get The Hogville Brain Trust moniker. HVBT all day amirite?! 😂

lol yep

phadedhawg

« Reply #44 on: February 05, 2019, 01:24:41 pm »

I don't have a problem with it.  It's Morris's team to run as he sees fit.  I think things that are earned mean more in the end than the things that are handed to you.  So I can see a lot of upside with this tactic. 

Still, I'm going to remain a Debbie Downer until we win some dang football games.  Every day of the week besides game day, Morris seems to knock it out of the park.  Offseason always looks good and the recruiting in the early signing period gives me a lot of hope. 

But it will take some results on the field for me to get on the hype train. 

HogWatcher85

• Band Nerd
« Reply #45 on: February 05, 2019, 01:27:42 pm »

He's wearing the same clothes himself, so I'd say you got your wish.

gawntrail

• Senior
« Reply #46 on: February 05, 2019, 01:32:38 pm »

BB was almost everyone's man until he wasn't anymore.  Once critical mass hit it was okay not to like him.  It's the fan cycle.  It will happen again.

BB was Hogs coach.  He lost me season 1 with his deer in the headlights sideline persona........ then cinched it with his ridiculous rules smarm at refs.  Such a pathetic showing from a guy that was hyped up so big.  The buck started and ended with him and he was always looking to dish it off somewhere.

Al Boarland

« Reply #47 on: February 05, 2019, 01:37:26 pm »

BB was Hogs coach.  He lost me season 1 with his deer in the headlights sideline persona........ then cinched it with his ridiculous rules smarm at refs.  Such a pathetic showing from a guy that was hyped up so big.  The buck started and ended with him and he was always looking to dish it off somewhere.

All I know is I see wayyy more people on here now that didn't like him early than I ever did when we was early in his tenure.
« Last Edit: February 05, 2019, 06:18:16 pm by Al Boarland »

urkillnmesmalls

• Experience: You get it just after you needed it!
« Reply #48 on: February 05, 2019, 02:06:56 pm »

You get an "A" for attitude today.  Nice work.  My guess..you are just the kind of person who would be on the team, encounter this, and not understand the meaning behind doing it.  It's a team sport, and the name on the back of your jersey, doesn't win jack squat for you.  Some traditional teams NEVER put their names on the jerseys....USC, Penn St., and Notre Dame come to mind off the bat. 

You'd be culled like a bruised apple.  Poof.  "Where did old Hoggish go?"  "Technology wasn't modern enough for him, and he thought he could win every game by himself."   ;)

gawntrail

• Senior
« Reply #49 on: February 05, 2019, 02:08:07 pm »

All I know is I see wayyy more people on here now that didn't like him early than I ever did when we was early in his tenor.

He was hired to be the Hog Coach.  He got my support.  He started the smack about ‘out Bama-ing Bama’.  Down a couple notches.  Then a playbook it takes years to grasp, let alone run competently.  Then, the wheels came off when they continued with Brandon while he was obviously hurt/injured.  The ‘Hakuna-Ma-Ta-Ta’ philosophy.  And, the rumored, heavy drinking....  Done.  I’m no prude or puritan, but, enough’s enough and he should have been shown the door much sooner. 

When, Bama transitioned to a modern offense, and BB dug his heels in..... writing was on the wall(s).
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up

KARK
KWNA
Fox 16 Arkansas