• 10,106,991 Posts
• 403,934 Topics
• 23,066 Hogvillians
THE RULES (Read 'em!)
Quick Links
Pick'Ems:Football      Basketball      Baseball
Sister Sites:Gridiron HistoryFearless Friday
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down

Author Topic: Say we go 6-6 this year..  (Read 3819 times)

presidenthog

Re: Say we go 6-6 this year..
« Reply #100 on: February 11, 2019, 11:30:52 am »

at Ole Miss.....State will be much improved.  Could be wrong but that is enough considering our oline.

Miss st lost like 3 first rounders off defense. Infsct nost if their entire team last year were seniors. There is nothing that will be much improved about miss st. In fact all the wailing and nashing of teeth that we couldnt win but 4 games max with like 2 late round draft players, and a bunch of sun belt level players. Then you got moorehead who took miss st's most talented, upperclassman lead team ever, and probably ever will to 8 wins and receuited worse  than us. If you wanna see who had a dud hire last year it was miss st. Dude will be fired in like 3 years.

RyanMallettsEgo

• All-American Hogvillian
  • Take it easy, I'm pre-law.
« Reply #101 on: February 11, 2019, 11:37:46 am »

Miss st lost like 3 first rounders off defense. Infsct nost if their entire team last year were seniors. There is nothing that will be much improved about miss st. In fact all the wailing and nashing of teeth that we couldnt win but 4 games max with like 2 late round draft players, and a bunch of sun belt level players. Then you got moorehead who took miss st's most talented, upperclassman lead team ever, and probably ever will to 8 wins and receuited worse  than us. If you wanna see who had a dud hire last year it was miss st. Dude will be fired in like 3 years.

Mississippi State's 5 losses last year came at the hands of 4 10-win teams and a 9-win Iowa team, with 3 of those games on the road and one being the bowl game. Those 5 teams had a combined record of 53-14.

You are correct about the talent and amount of upperclassmen on last year's team. But it's not like they lost games they shouldn't have lost, especially under a first-year coach. And as for recruiting, they finished 24th on 247Sports team rankings this class. We finished 23rd.

They do lose a ton of production heading into this year, too. So we'll see.

Since 2000, they've averaged right at 6 wins per year. If Moorhead averages 7-8 wins per year at Mississippi State and they run him off, they deserve the death penalty.
« Last Edit: February 11, 2019, 11:49:22 am by RyanMallettsEgo »

Sponsored Ad

Hogville encourages you to do business with the following...

rhames

« Reply #102 on: February 11, 2019, 11:45:11 am »

6 wins would be amazing.

I still think 4 or 5. Definitely not more than 6 though.

Absolutely no excuse to lose one of those non conference games this year.

HF#1

« Reply #103 on: February 11, 2019, 11:48:31 am »

Morris is SECCOY imo if we win 6 games.

rhames

« Reply #104 on: February 11, 2019, 11:49:26 am »

Morris is SECCOY imo if we win 6 games.

Hands down, unless one of the middle tier teams wins 9 or 10 games.

HF#1

« Reply #105 on: February 11, 2019, 11:52:09 am »

Hands down, unless one of the middle tier teams wins 9 or 10 games.

It's hard to improve by 1 or 2 wins over the course of one season, much less 4 wins. I will be thoroughly impressed and hyped for the future if we make a bowl game.

rhames

« Reply #106 on: February 11, 2019, 11:56:49 am »

It's hard to improve by 1 or 2 wins over the course of one season, much less 4 wins. I will be thoroughly impressed and hyped for the future if we make a bowl game.

Totally agree. I'm not expecting a bowl game. I'm expecting what I hoped to see last year. Week to week improvement in every area. I never bought into the hype that Brer left us with tons of talent. But I was completely shocked by how many players we had that were not sec quality.

presidenthog

« Reply #107 on: February 11, 2019, 12:07:35 pm »

Mississippi State's 5 losses last year came at the hands of 4 10-win teams and a 9-win Iowa team, with 3 of those games on the road and one being the bowl game. Those 5 teams had a combined record of 53-14.

You are correct about the talent and amount of upperclassmen on last year's team. But it's not like they lost games they shouldn't have lost. And as for recruiting, they finished 24th on 247Sports team rankings this class. We finished 23rd.

If Moorhead averages 7-8 wins a year at Mississippi State and they run him off, they deserve the death penalty.

They are pulling ole miss style tactics, and they are snitches. They seriously are a very unpopular program to me.

You can spin it however you want, but they looked terrible besides when they beat us because we were not good.

I see him being a terrible hire for them. He is their version of bert.

RyanMallettsEgo

• All-American Hogvillian
  • Take it easy, I'm pre-law.
« Reply #108 on: February 11, 2019, 12:14:36 pm »

They are pulling ole miss style tactics, and they are snitches. They seriously are a very unpopular program to me.

You can spin it however you want, but they looked terrible besides when they beat us because we were not good.

I see him being a terrible hire for them. He is their version of bert.

I mean, I'm not spinning anything. All those figures I posted are factual and objective.

He very well could be their version of Bielema, but like I said, Mississippi State would be crazy to run off a guy if he can get them 7-8 wins most years.

presidenthog

« Reply #109 on: February 11, 2019, 12:31:29 pm »

I mean, I'm not spinning anything. All those figures I posted are factual and objective.

He very well could be their version of Bielema, but like I said, Mississippi State would be crazy to run off a guy if he can get them 7-8 wins most years.

They will because mullen inflated their egos and they were ranked #1 for a week when they had a once in a generation QB.

Arkansas Hog in Dallas

« Reply #110 on: February 11, 2019, 07:42:02 pm »

Bret improved by 4 wins in year 2

oldhawg

« Reply #111 on: February 11, 2019, 08:09:05 pm »

They will because mullen inflated their egos and they were ranked #1 for a week when they had a once in a generation QB.

Seems to me that Dak Prescott was also a pretty good college quarterback at Mississippi State.  Maybe you meant twice in a generation?

TNRazorbacker

« Reply #112 on: February 11, 2019, 09:02:24 pm »

We could get to 6-6 with that schedule. I personally think 5-7. I think we win all the OOC and beat one SEC team.

psychhog

« Reply #113 on: February 11, 2019, 09:39:32 pm »

Seems to me that Dak Prescott was also a pretty good college quarterback at Mississippi State.  Maybe you meant twice in a generation?

Wasn’t dak their once in a generation qb who got them to a #1 ranking?

Drop the Mike

« Reply #114 on: February 11, 2019, 09:42:04 pm »

Portland State
Colorado Stare
San Jose State
Mississippi State
Western Kentucky
Missouri

I agree with this except I would swap auburn in for Mizzou
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up

KARK