File 13 > Trash

NBC Sports Rehash on Fake Punt

(1/1)

DCHogger:
Just saw this in NBC Sports article. https://collegefootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2019/01/25/north-texas-player-who-pulled-off-fake-fair-catch-for-td-leaving-football-for-firefighting/

Albeit they used it to highlight what the NTU punt returner is doing after college (fire fighter), it pisses me off that they showed a little bit of their own hate toward the Hogs.  Said we were made to look like a$$es. I wish we could play these guys again and slaughter them. 

The article said “With just over seven minutes left in the first quarter of its game with North Texas, Arkansas’ punted the ball away from UNT’s 37-yard line on a fourth-and-10 play. The Mean Green’s Keegan Brewer received the ball at his own 10-yard line. And that’s when insanity ensued. Arkansas’ special teams, for whatever reason, assumed Brewer, a transfer from Kansas, had called for a fair catch. What’s the old saying about the word “assume?” Instead of you and me, it made an ass of the Razorbacks as, after hesitating for a second or so, Brewer took off running and, 90 yards later, was celebrating in the end zone after scoring his first career return touchdown.”

Inhogswetrust:
Hate to say it but we were made to look like it said. Sometimes the truth hurts.

Rockinghog:
 I was there. This is pretty much what happened.

East Clintwood:
Yup, that's what happened.  Far from the only bad thing that happened that day.

kodiakisland:

--- Quote from: DCHogger on January 25, 2019, 10:53:11 pm ---Just saw this in NBC Sports article. https://collegefootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2019/01/25/north-texas-player-who-pulled-off-fake-fair-catch-for-td-leaving-football-for-firefighting/

Albeit they used it to highlight what the NTU punt returner is doing after college (fire fighter), it pisses me off that they showed a little bit of their own hate toward the Hogs.  Said we were made to look like a$$es. I wish we could play these guys again and slaughter them. 

The article said “With just over seven minutes left in the first quarter of its game with North Texas, Arkansas’ punted the ball away from UNT’s 37-yard line on a fourth-and-10 play. The Mean Green’s Keegan Brewer received the ball at his own 10-yard line. And that’s when insanity ensued. Arkansas’ special teams, for whatever reason, assumed Brewer, a transfer from Kansas, had called for a fair catch. What’s the old saying about the word “assume?” Instead of you and me, it made an ass of the Razorbacks as, after hesitating for a second or so, Brewer took off running and, 90 yards later, was celebrating in the end zone after scoring his first career return touchdown.”

--- End quote ---

I guess you didn't see the game.

hoggusamoungus:
NBC hate < ESPN hate.

DeltaBoy:
We play them again this year 2019 don;t we ?????????????

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version
Mobile View