• 10,106,896 Posts
• 403,933 Topics
• 23,066 Hogvillians
THE RULES (Read 'em!)
Quick Links
Pick'Ems:Football      Basketball      Baseball
Sister Sites:Gridiron HistoryFearless Friday

Poll

After almost 8 years what grade would you give coach anderson?

A) He should be able to retire here and TJ Cleveland should be his replacement
- 6 (1.4%)
B) Give him a little more time and he will finally get the program to the sweet 16
- 29 (6.7%)
C) He's average to above average but the true fear is we could bust on the next hire
- 97 (22.5%)
D) He has already peaked but let's finish the year before replacing him
- 260 (60.3%)
F) He should be fired immediately.
- 39 (9%)

Total Members Voted: 430

Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down

Author Topic: CMA Grade  (Read 5374 times)

bkjbearcat

• Senior
  • Surfing the web at Hogville.net
Re: CMA Grade
« Reply #100 on: February 10, 2019, 12:20:46 pm »

Every coach needs top tier talent to win 😂 Mikes problem is he canít recruit and I wonder why

He's lazy. Refuses to play the game and his system doesn't appeal to any recruit with legit NBA aspiration?

Leadbelly

« Reply #101 on: February 10, 2019, 01:15:41 pm »

UNLV was also a powerhouse back in the 40s😂
You should really be quiet sometimes and not show your young a$$ ignorance!

Sponsored Ad

Hogville encourages you to do business with the following...

raz1965

• Senior
« Reply #102 on: February 10, 2019, 03:26:12 pm »

MA should get another year with this young team, look at the conference standings, I see many teans with what several on here said had much better coaches who have a more experinced team yet are par with the hogs. Emotional decisions due to frustration is not the eay to fire a coach, the recruiting has picked up the overall talent is better an with experience this team wll do quite well in the future. There is no way a crystal ball can say Mike has reached a ceiling , with better talent the ceiling will be raised an these young kids are raw talent right now. Reading the recruiting board it's pretty safe to think more upgrades are in the future. Patience is a virtue.

Hoggish1

« Reply #103 on: February 10, 2019, 03:32:33 pm »

I got D

We've seen this movie and it's like Ground Hog day all over again...

« Reply #104 on: February 11, 2019, 11:24:32 am »

MA should get another year with this young team, look at the conference standings, I see many teans with what several on here said had much better coaches who have a more experinced team yet are par with the hogs. Emotional decisions due to frustration is not the eay to fire a coach, the recruiting has picked up the overall talent is better an with experience this team wll do quite well in the future. There is no way a crystal ball can say Mike has reached a ceiling , with better talent the ceiling will be raised an these young kids are raw talent right now. Reading the recruiting board it's pretty safe to think more upgrades are in the future. Patience is a virtue.

Thanks Nolan

Hogmatic

« Reply #105 on: February 12, 2019, 06:37:45 am »

Thanks Nolan

The MA Lover's blind bias is strong.

https://www.sports-reference.com/cbb/schools/arkansas/

Look at the link and the facts are there.  Mike isn't much better than Heath and Pel
-Sutton and Richardson put this program in the AP Poll 19 of 22 years from 1976 to 1998.
-Heath, Pel and Anderson have combined for 4 appearances in the AP from 1999 to 2018

TheRazorbackGuy

• All-American Hogvillian
  • The Misery Continues....
« Reply #106 on: February 12, 2019, 07:57:53 am »

The MA Lover's blind bias is strong.

https://www.sports-reference.com/cbb/schools/arkansas/

Look at the link and the facts are there.  Mike isn't much better than Heath and Pel
-Sutton and Richardson put this program in the AP Poll 19 of 22 years from 1976 to 1998.
-Heath, Pel and Anderson have combined for 4 appearances in the AP from 1999 to 2018

But this is a young team
Other teams are cheating and we don't
Let him get his guys in here
We couldn't hire anyone better

It's like a broken record with the same lame excuses.

Hogmatic

« Reply #107 on: February 12, 2019, 08:24:50 am »

But this is a young team
Other teams are cheating and we don't
Let him get his guys in here
We couldn't hire anyone better

It's like a broken record with the same lame excuses.

The facts speak for themselves.

kid squealer

« Reply #108 on: February 12, 2019, 10:43:11 am »

The lowest C-...and that is not acceptable at the U of A! 

FineAsSwine

« Reply #109 on: February 12, 2019, 10:48:34 am »

Most people, including national prognosticators, knew that this would be an up and down season at Arkansas. Considering everything, I think CMA has done a good job this year.

Seebs

« Reply #110 on: February 12, 2019, 10:59:52 am »

WF

navyhog24

« Reply #111 on: February 12, 2019, 11:32:19 am »

Most people, including national prognosticators, knew that this would be an up and down season at Arkansas. Considering everything, I think CMA has done a good job this year.

TheRazorbackGuy

« Reply #112 on: February 14, 2019, 11:13:38 am »

I'm with Lanny on this one. Lets see what TJ Cleveland can or can not do for the rest of the season. Change time should be immediate

Freebrd

• Varsity
« Reply #113 on: February 15, 2019, 07:55:19 am »

B- Needs his Croots in here

If his 'croots' ain't on this team, then whose are they!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

GuvHog

• Gold Hogvillian
  • Proud Hog Supporter!!!
« Reply #114 on: February 15, 2019, 08:18:00 am »

Mike's poor unbalanced recruiting is what caused the team to be like it is this year.

Mjs84

• Varsity
« Reply #115 on: February 15, 2019, 09:24:55 am »

He gets a a C- for being so likeable.  We peaked with Quals and Portis having some exciting wins over a few tremendous espn obsessed Kentucky teams.  We've certainly trended upwards since the Stan Heath days, but it's clear we lack all the elements to be a serious team.  This isn't a knock on some of they great players who have came here, just saying they deserve better.

TheRazorbackGuy

« Reply #116 on: Today at 07:40:11 am »

Once again we will not be going to the sweet sixteen. I think Anderson homers should get to see their hero TJ Cleveland finish out the reason. Mike was suppose to go to the sweet sixteen last year but lost to butler. Now there is no chance. Get rid of Mike, hire TJ as interim and let all the agents know this job is available.

ifghog

« Reply #117 on: Today at 08:34:32 am »

D

ifghog

« Reply #118 on: Today at 08:36:50 am »

What???? First of it's his fault we are even 8n this shape and second of all he has sucked this year. Horrible coaching. Wow!

ifghog

« Reply #119 on: Today at 08:38:25 am »

This team has some talent...he has no clue how to coach it. Wasting Gafford....tired of this crap.

lasthog

« Reply #120 on: Today at 09:50:32 am »

Why lobotomize someone that's already brain dead ???

Kevin

• Gold Hogvillian
  • RIP LILY, WE MISS YOU DEARLY
« Reply #121 on: Today at 09:54:16 am »

B. He is doing exactly what his resume has always said.

scaldedhog

« Reply #122 on: Today at 01:27:57 pm »

Low F to High G. Maybe a class 3 high school would suit him.

Leadbelly

« Reply #123 on: Today at 02:44:05 pm »

F-

hogman64

• Hall of Fame Hogvillian
  • GO HOGS
« Reply #124 on: Today at 04:14:35 pm »

I voted C cause I think MA is an average coach.  But I definitely think finding a better replacement would be iffy.  Best candidates would be up and comers in mid-majors who want to break into the SEC.  But that's a slippery slope also.

Because how could you possibly get a really good coach for an annual salary of 2 million, right?
Who would want to coach hard and recruit hard and be expected to produce high level results  for that measly salary ?  You could add up a substantial  % of the people on this board who work hard every day and produce top notch results in their field of work  and still not be at 2 million.
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up

KARK
KWNA
Fox 16 Arkansas