• 10,107,964 Posts
• 403,955 Topics
• 23,067 Hogvillians
THE RULES (Read 'em!)
Quick Links
Pick'Ems:Football      Basketball      Baseball
Sister Sites:Gridiron HistoryFearless Friday
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Down

Author Topic: Are We in Freefall  (Read 6130 times)

LA Football fan

Re: Are We in Freefall
« Reply #100 on: February 07, 2019, 09:40:54 am »

Doesn't make me uncomfortable in the least.  Mike is who he is.  A middle of the pack coach that will have a good season here and there and make the tourney about 30-40 % of the time.  Win a game here and there in the tourney if he gets an easy matchup, lose to the better teams and rinse and repeat.

Can expect NO championships with him at the helm, whether NCAA or SEC.   So if you are happy retaining a coach whose history shows that he WON'T or CANNOT win championships then so be it.  Some people actually would like to see if we can bring in a coach that is CAPABLE of doing those things.  Not that it is guaranteed but at least you give yourself the chance.  With Mike you will be average to just above average consistently and his coaching history bears that out.  He will represent the school in an exemplary manner and his kids will play hard for him.  It is what it is.  MA is not a bad coach by any stretch of the imagination and has done a respectable job wherever he has coached.  The kicker is whether you are satisfied with knowing you aren't going to win anything of note with him as coach.   His coaching history bears that out and no amount of spinning can make that go away.

I like Mike and was glad we hired him.  Wanted to give him the chance to see what he could do with this program.  He has done a good job and brought this program back to a respectable level.  The APR is stable and the kids seem to be doing things the right way on and off the court.  His recruiting has gotten a little better and if he is retained I would have no problem with it.  I will still watch the games I can and root for the the Hogs to win.  I will go into the season with no expectations that we will be relevant nationally and based on past history with Mike I will be right about 95% of the time.   

hobhog

• Hall of Fame Hogvillian
  • Surfing the web at Hogville.net
« Reply #101 on: February 07, 2019, 10:52:34 am »

It is what it is- the MA mantra. Almost like we are a lame duck program. Frustrating.

Sponsored Ad

Hogville encourages you to do business with the following...

Rome26

• Varsity
« Reply #102 on: February 07, 2019, 01:22:49 pm »

Doesn't make me uncomfortable in the least.  Mike is who he is.  A middle of the pack coach that will have a good season here and there and make the tourney about 30-40 % of the time.  Win a game here and there in the tourney if he gets an easy matchup, lose to the better teams and rinse and repeat.

Can expect NO championships with him at the helm, whether NCAA or SEC.   So if you are happy retaining a coach whose history shows that he WON'T or CANNOT win championships then so be it.  Some people actually would like to see if we can bring in a coach that is CAPABLE of doing those things.  Not that it is guaranteed but at least you give yourself the chance.  With Mike you will be average to just above average consistently and his coaching history bears that out.  He will represent the school in an exemplary manner and his kids will play hard for him.  It is what it is.  MA is not a bad coach by any stretch of the imagination and has done a respectable job wherever he has coached.  The kicker is whether you are satisfied with knowing you aren't going to win anything of note with him as coach.   His coaching history bears that out and no amount of spinning can make that go away.

I like Mike and was glad we hired him.  Wanted to give him the chance to see what he could do with this program.  He has done a good job and brought this program back to a respectable level.  The APR is stable and the kids seem to be doing things the right way on and off the court.  His recruiting has gotten a little better and if he is retained I would have no problem with it.  I will still watch the games I can and root for the the Hogs to win.  I will go into the season with no expectations that we will be relevant nationally and based on past history with Mike I will be right about 95% of the time.

Too many players transferring/leaving with eligibility left is the biggest reason we haven't reached the type of success we all hoped for.

Clarke
Powell
BJ Young
Qualls
Whitt
Babbs
Hall
Garland- health issues

Just imagine how good this years team would be with a healthy Garland and Hall. We'd likely be sitting inside the top 10 right now with a 19-2 record.

gchamblee

• All-American Hogvillian
  • Benched along with patience and reason
« Reply #103 on: February 07, 2019, 01:58:44 pm »

I respect this response.

ArkansasI

« Reply #104 on: February 07, 2019, 02:28:55 pm »

Too many players transferring/leaving with eligibility left is the biggest reason we haven't reached the type of success we all hoped for.

Clarke
Powell
BJ Young
Qualls
Whitt
Babbs
Hall
Garland- health issues

Just imagine how good this years team would be with a healthy Garland and Hall. We'd likely be sitting inside the top 10 right now with a 19-2 record.

I haven't checked your post history so I can't tell if you're serious.

I figure that if we had a healthy Garland and Hall, we'd be right about where we are - average.  You'd figure that one of the newcomers wouldn't be on the team if Hall stayed - I'm guessing that player would be Mason Jones.

Every team deals with injury and players leaving.  At the time Hall left, I couldn't understand his decision.  I then convinced myself that he must have had grade issues and couldn't stay in school.

I have no idea if that's true, but it made no sense to me that a starter would leave the program.  Too strange to get my head around...  Since Hall's scholly seams to have opened the door to bring in Mason Jones - and I believe Jones has had better impact than I suspect Hall would have - we may be ahead in this thing.

So there's always that...

I, too, respect LA Football fan's post at the top of this page.  However, I don't know that I agree with beliefs that Mike has brought the program back.  It seems like we are nearly healed from our separation from Nolan - which has taken 20 years...

We still haven't won anything more with Mike than we did with Heath and Pelphrey.  So, I'm not sure what Mike has accomplished - I guess the APR thing has credibility, though I don't know how that is managed with all the roster turnover.

Seems to me that college basketball is an ugly mess.  I like the guys on our team and look forward to them getting stronger with age.

Rome26

• Varsity
« Reply #105 on: February 07, 2019, 03:04:13 pm »

I haven't checked your post history so I can't tell if you're serious.

I figure that if we had a healthy Garland and Hall, we'd be right about where we are - average.  You'd figure that one of the newcomers wouldn't be on the team if Hall stayed - I'm guessing that player would be Mason Jones.

Every team deals with injury and players leaving.  At the time Hall left, I couldn't understand his decision.  I then convinced myself that he must have had grade issues and couldn't stay in school.

I have no idea if that's true, but it made no sense to me that a starter would leave the program.  Too strange to get my head around...  Since Hall's scholly seams to have opened the door to bring in Mason Jones - and I believe Jones has had better impact than I suspect Hall would have - we may be ahead in this thing.

So there's always that...

I, too, respect LA Football fan's post at the top of this page.  However, I don't know that I agree with beliefs that Mike has brought the program back.  It seems like we are nearly healed from our separation from Nolan - which has taken 20 years...

We still haven't won anything more with Mike than we did with Heath and Pelphrey.  So, I'm not sure what Mike has accomplished - I guess the APR thing has credibility, though I don't know how that is managed with all the roster turnover.

Seems to me that college basketball is an ugly mess.  I like the guys on our team and look forward to them getting stronger with age.

Dude you are clueless if you really believe this nonsense. Hall and a healthy Garland would have made a HUGE impact on this team.

HoGs1031

• Bench Warmer
« Reply #106 on: February 07, 2019, 03:07:30 pm »

Dude you are clueless if you really believe this nonsense. Hall and a healthy Garland would have made a HUGE impact on this team.

Garland is the one that we are missing. A swing man that can shoot and drive. Hall is good but I would rather have Keyshawn and Jones (better shooters not saying Hall wouldn't have improved).

Kevin McPherson

« Reply #107 on: February 07, 2019, 03:17:20 pm »

Hall stays and Hogs swap Joneses (CJ to MTSU and Mase to Hogs) ... that's how I think that would have played out ... Both DHall and KGarland have long-term All SEC potential and would be rep'n this season ... With those two in the fold, Hogs are in the mix at the top with TN, KY, and LSU.

SexyBeast77

« Reply #108 on: February 07, 2019, 08:34:57 pm »

Clarke
Powell
BJ Young
Qualls
Whitt
Babbs
Hall
Garland- health issues

Don't forget all the players that didn't want to play for Mike at all: Archie Goodwin, Malik Monk, Kevaughn Allen.   I think the reason they don't want to play for him is the same reason BWA is 2/3 empty, the players and the fans don't really believe Mike is a coach that can be competitive. They see right through him.

PORKULATOR

• Hall of Fame Hogvillian
  • knows how to 'dunk the crumpets'
« Reply #109 on: February 07, 2019, 08:53:25 pm »

Look we're obviously getting better and we are not free falling with our four in a row SEC wins....
I'm aware of that now because I've posted this move right back to the top but can't we move this damn thread elsewhere. We're Not Free Falling

hogfanny

« Reply #110 on: February 07, 2019, 08:54:35 pm »

To the " what if " conversation, ad Reggie Perry. If he honors his commitment we are a lot better. .Watched Lsu- Msu last nite. Perry is a big who looks 23 or 24 years old and is really coming on. Adidas casualty.

razorback1829

• Hogvillian
« Reply #111 on: February 07, 2019, 09:32:24 pm »

Look we're obviously getting better and we are not free falling with our four in a row SEC wins....
I'm aware of that now because I've posted this move right back to the top but can't we move this damn thread elsewhere. We're Not Free Falling

Wise words. Few will listen. Thanks anyways.

gchamblee

• Benched along with patience and reason
« Reply #112 on: February 07, 2019, 10:23:18 pm »

Don't forget all the players that didn't want to play for Mike at all: Archie Goodwin, Malik Monk, Kevaughn Allen.   I think the reason they don't want to play for him is the same reason BWA is 2/3 empty, the players and the fans don't really believe Mike is a coach that can be competitive. They see right through him.

So all 3 players compared to all the players that did want to play for him? I can name a lot more than your 3. Also, you are speculating. By the way, getting recruited by Kentucky is a pretty big deal and I doubt (me speculating) you have ever had to make a decision that big. Since your example of "all the players" that don't want to play for him is 3 of them your argument is weak. We can all speculate so do you have anything that isnt speculation to make your point?

SexyBeast77

« Reply #113 on: February 07, 2019, 11:59:22 pm »

So all 3 players compared to all the players that did want to play for him? I can name a lot more than your 3. Also, you are speculating. By the way, getting recruited by Kentucky is a pretty big deal and I doubt (me speculating) you have ever had to make a decision that big. Since your example of "all the players" that don't want to play for him is 3 of them your argument is weak. We can all speculate so do you have anything that isnt speculation to make your point?

No my argument is not weak. Losing all the best in-state players is a problem. Mike is not the best recruiter. If we already lose all the best in-state talent, he's not exactly tearing up the recruiting trail bringing in tons of out-of-state talent to Fayetteville.

lynbug

• Senior
« Reply #114 on: February 08, 2019, 04:12:39 am »

that's a 10-4, Porkulator.  I started this post 2-3 weeks ago when it felt like free fall.  Since then someone threw us a parachute.  Where we eventually land...no one knows.  But things are definitely looking more promising.

Kevin McPherson

« Reply #115 on: February 08, 2019, 11:11:33 am »

Two of those players were professed one-and-dones and we all know that Kentucky invented the NBA one-year farm system. Cal was picking and choosing back then and no state was safe from that. One of those guys played in an NIT and is now where? Where he at? The other and his family gamed a lot of folks before grabbing the Big Blue. The other is a good 4-year player but has not been as good as the guards who passed through Arkansas in recent years -- would anyone trade Macon, Barford, or Isaiah Joe for KA?

I will say that the biggest in-state loss may prove to be Issac McBride. No guarantees, but he has a chance to be a special player for 4 years. He's like Zai Joe, IMO, in that he's a great kid with his head on right on top of being a helluva player. Can't be too critical of CMA and staff given that he blew up very late in the process, but at the same time I think he's going to be solid for KU's program.

But Portis was the best of the bunch and he was great at Arkansas in two years. Look at what BP and guys like Ky Madden, Alandise Harris, Dusty Hannahs, Manny Watkins, Daryl Macon, Trey Thompson, Anton Beard, and Daniel Gafford have contributed in getting Arkansas back to the top tier of the SEC and consistently in the NCAAT.

It's a shame that KG and DHall did not work out, both have all-league stuff. Isaiah Joe and Desi Sills already proving their worth, and if Ethan Henderson sticks around he should develop into a solid 4-year role player. Justice Hill will bring a lot to the table at PG that Arkansas has not had.

I'd say CMA has had a good run with Arkansas kids, and regardless of star rankings I'm not sure how much the 3 names you listed would have helped given the make-up of Arkansas's teams at the time they played. With Hannahs, Barford, and Macon together during Monk's one-and-done run and KA's soph and junior seasons, either player would have made FOUR 6-3-and-under shooter-scorers who weren't plus-handlers or plus-defenders. OR, let's say landing KA in 2015 meant no Barford in 2016, does anyone really think he elevates the last two Hogs teams as an upgrade to Barford?

From strictly a talent standpoint, I actually think AG would have been an upgrade at SG/wing for CMA but he had issues that kept him in the doghouse with Cal in his one season, so not sure how much value CMA would have gotten with an immature freshman on a team loaded with newcomers and holdovers who had no history of winning under Pel.

razorback1829

• Hogvillian
« Reply #116 on: February 08, 2019, 12:54:49 pm »

Two of those players were professed one-and-dones and we all know that Kentucky invented the NBA one-year farm system. Cal was picking and choosing back then and no state was safe from that. One of those guys played in an NIT and is now where? Where he at? The other and his family gamed a lot of folks before grabbing the Big Blue. The other is a good 4-year player but has not been as good as the guards who passed through Arkansas in recent years -- would anyone trade Macon, Barford, or Isaiah Joe for KA?

Iíve never seen you blunt with it Kev... hahahahaha and itís awesome

ArkansasI

« Reply #117 on: February 08, 2019, 01:25:33 pm »

Then I must be clueless.  You're not the first to point that out to me.

I viewed Hall as an excellent hustler... a bit undersized, but a nice player on a team that needed his play.  So if he was the player that you claim he was, why did he leave?

Garland will likely never play in a game for the Razorbacks.  I wish him all the luck in the world - hope he is taking advantage of this time to earn a degree.  The idea that he is some sort of huge difference maker is a pipe dream right now.  You can tell me he has Michael Jordan talent, but it doesn't matter.

Hall stays and Hogs swap Joneses (CJ to MTSU and Mase to Hogs) ... that's how I think that would have played out ... Both DHall and KGarland have long-term All SEC potential and would be rep'n this season ... With those two in the fold, Hogs are in the mix at the top with TN, KY, and LSU.

That's a bit of a leap isn't it?  When you make the single swap of Jones for Jones with Hall staying, who do you lose from the current roster?  Chaney?

I'm reading a lot of high expectations with no basis for it...  Tennessee, Kentucky and LSU are top 10-15 teams right now.  The Hogs are not.  We enjoyed a nice win in Baton Rouge on a super high shooting night.  I'll take it - but to think this team dramatically improves with Hall and Garland...  I just don't see it.

The idea that Hall - who transferred to DePaul for reasons unknown; and Garland - who has never played a minute of live college basketball are program transformers... well, one can hope.  But we all know which hand fills faster when filling one with hope and ______ with the other.

Not hating... just saying.

And no, I don't think the Hogs are in freefall.  I think we're right in the middle of the pack.  I'll be surprised if we're still here at the end of the year.  But there's hope.

kid squealer

« Reply #118 on: February 08, 2019, 02:19:48 pm »

At this point lets enjoy the ride!  We are on a winning streak no matter how ugly it has been at times.  Mike is who Mike is and his teams will follow suit.  I do hope for a great finish but not likely.  I would love for Mike to be the guy to bring us back to glory but not likely.  Go Hogs!

Fan701

« Reply #119 on: February 08, 2019, 02:24:06 pm »

When you make the single swap of Jones for Jones with Hall staying, who do you lose from the current roster?  Chaney?

Obviously, Ibby.

Atlhogfan1

• Gold Hogvillian
« Reply #120 on: February 08, 2019, 02:25:42 pm »

The thread was stupid to start with Mizzou, UGa and Vanderbilt coming up in BWA.  Had we lost a couple of those, then you consider freefall. 

Hawggy_Style

« Reply #121 on: February 08, 2019, 03:07:16 pm »

The thread was stupid to start with Mizzou, UGa and Vanderbilt coming up in BWA.  Had we lost a couple of those, then you consider freefall.

You mean right after Arkansas went 3-4 at home?

ArkansasI

« Reply #122 on: February 08, 2019, 03:48:38 pm »

Obviously, Ibby.

You are right...  I just don't think that Chaney gets the minutes he has if Hall is on the team.  I think Chaney is the better player, but Hall had skills.

If we had Hall, Chaney and Gafford on the floor at the same time, it might be interesting...  None of them can shoot.

We'll never know.

razorback1829

• Hogvillian
« Reply #123 on: February 08, 2019, 05:18:05 pm »

You are right...  I just don't think that Chaney gets the minutes he has if Hall is on the team.  I think Chaney is the better player, but Hall had skills.

If we had Hall, Chaney and Gafford on the floor at the same time, it might be interesting...  None of them can shoot.

We'll never know.

I think all the pieces are starting fit up nicely. Hall had a chance to be a difference maker, but never manifested. He wouldíve THRIVED with this team in particular I think. Fits the defensive chemistry perfect.

Kevin McPherson

« Reply #124 on: February 09, 2019, 02:09:28 am »

I think all the pieces are starting fit up nicely. Hall had a chance to be a difference maker, but never manifested. He wouldíve THRIVED with this team in particular I think. Fits the defensive chemistry perfect.

Would have been a monster at both ends. He was just a freshman, but covering him for years I got to see his high Bball IQ and I always felt his skill level would progress faster than  Qualls' did. Remember, based on a freshman season Qualls didn't show much as a handler or shooter, but by his junior season he was good enough in those areas to earn All SEC and in the last 10 games of the '14-15 season he probably played consistently at a higher level than BP was able to maintain. I always envisioned Darious Hall eventually being a better all-around player than MQ because he was bigger, stronger, and already better defensively than MQ ever was at Arkansas. Had he stayed and bought in, no doubt in my mind he had all-league stuff down the line.

ArkansasI

« Reply #125 on: February 09, 2019, 08:58:39 am »

Would have been a monster at both ends. He was just a freshman, but covering him for years I got to see his high Bball IQ and I always felt his skill level would progress faster than  Qualls' did. Remember, based on a freshman season Qualls didn't show much as a handler or shooter, but by his junior season he was good enough in those areas to earn All SEC and in the last 10 games of the '14-15 season he probably played consistently at a higher level than BP was able to maintain. I always envisioned Darious Hall eventually being a better all-around player than MQ because he was bigger, stronger, and already better defensively than MQ ever was at Arkansas. Had he stayed and bought in, no doubt in my mind he had all-league stuff down the line.

So, do you know why he left?  Was it grades?

Otherwise, Darious's departure is a significant bad reflection on Mike's ability to keep players. Serious was going to play a significant role for his home state's university. Now he's sitting out a year at DePaul.

Momentum killer.

Cracker Jack

« Reply #126 on: February 09, 2019, 09:27:55 am »

I think Darious Hall left because he knew he would never be a "star" in Mike's system.  I think that is why we don't get the "one and done" type players because they know they will not get "sufficient minutes" due to Mike's constant in and out rotation of players on the court.  Players are rotated in and out based on minutes played.  Seldom does the play on the court indicate the amount of playing time one will get.  There are several times that a player with a "hot hand" or one with a couple of really great defensive plays goes to the bench because "it's time".  Mike's system is not attractive to those players who feel they have "star status" or "star potential".  Just my take......

BannerMountainMan

« Reply #127 on: February 09, 2019, 09:33:13 am »

I think Darious Hall left because he knew he would never be a "star" in Mike's system.  I think that is why we don't get the "one and done" type players because they know they will not get "sufficient minutes" due to Mike's constant in and out rotation of players on the court.  Players are rotated in and out based on minutes played.  Seldom does the play on the court indicate the amount of playing time one will get.  There are several times that a player with a "hot hand" or one with a couple of really great defensive plays goes to the bench because "it's time".  Mike's system is not attractive to those players who feel they have "star status" or "star potential".  Just my take......
Yes, and you have two types of people. The Monks that go the one and done way and get nowhere in the league and then you have the Portisí who stay two years at their home school and good karma hits him and he goes off in the league.

The one and done system is straight based on money, shoe contracts and etc. Mike wonít do anything even close to that and thatís why he is getting left behind.

Cracker Jack

« Reply #128 on: February 09, 2019, 09:42:05 am »

Yes, and you have two types of people. The Monks that go the one and done way and get nowhere in the league and then you have the Portisí who stay two years at their home school and good karma hits him and he goes off in the league.

The one and done system is straight based on money, shoe contracts and etc. Mike wonít do anything even close to that and thatís why he is getting left behind.
I"m not advocating the pursuit of "one and done" players.  I don't think that is the answer.  I'm simply saying that most of the high school "star athletes" want to go to a program where they can display their talents and make a huge impact on a team....simply put, to "be the man".  Mike is going to play 8 to 10 players, and those players will get equal minutes regardless of their star quality.  Mike's system of pressing defense the entire game dictates limited minutes for all players.  That is not appealing to many top-notch HS athletes, nor to their parents.

PonderinHog

• Gold Hogvillian
  • Go Hogs and Go Mike Anderson!
« Reply #129 on: February 09, 2019, 10:00:45 am »

Currently, we have four players averaging right at thirty minutes per game.

hawg66

« Reply #130 on: February 09, 2019, 10:10:54 am »

ArkansasI currently has four players averaging about 30 minutes a game.  Duke has two players averaging 30 minutes a game. Gafford plays as many minutes as Zion Williamson.  Kentucky has three players averaging about 30 minutes a game. Gafford plays more minutes than PJ Washington. Gonzaga has three guys averaging about 30 minutes a game. Virginia has three guys. Tennessee has three. North Carolina has no one averaging 30 minutes a game. Kansas has three. Should I go on?

Atlhogfan1

• Gold Hogvillian
« Reply #131 on: February 09, 2019, 10:16:36 am »

30 mpg is not a good thing. Not what Mike wants.  Means roster management, development and recruiting not where it should be. 

PonderinHog

• Gold Hogvillian
« Reply #132 on: February 09, 2019, 10:40:46 am »

What it means to me is, if you're good enough the minutes are there for the taking.

ArkansasI

« Reply #133 on: February 09, 2019, 10:57:20 am »

The point is Hall shouldn't have left over playing time.

hawg66

« Reply #134 on: February 09, 2019, 11:59:08 am »

30 mpg is not a good thing. Not what Mike wants.  Means roster management, development and recruiting not where it should be.
Hogville. Where we complain that people donít get enough playing time and simultaneously complain that theyíre playing too much. And both are Andersonís fault.

Atlhogfan1

• Gold Hogvillian
« Reply #135 on: February 09, 2019, 12:01:02 pm »

Hogville. Where we complain that people donít get enough playing time and simultaneously complain that theyíre playing too much. And both are Andersonís fault.

Not complaining about either. 

You know this isnít the Fastest 40 system to have multiple players playing so many minutes. 

hawg66

« Reply #136 on: February 09, 2019, 01:21:25 pm »

North Carolina was the only team I found while digging that had enough depth so that no one was playing 30 minutes. Styles matters of course. Tennessee had their entire first five at 25 minutes or more.  I think Anderson likes to use his bench more than some, but heíll also give the minutes to his best players. Certainly enough that it shouldnít be an issue.

I think itís more of an issue for the fans who believe the right players arenít getting enough minutes. But usually thereís sound reasons from a coachís perspective on why those younger players have to work into their playing time. The dialogue here by many Anderson critics shows me that they donít really want to understand.

Atlhogfan1

• Gold Hogvillian
« Reply #137 on: February 09, 2019, 01:45:42 pm »

Look up the minutes of his better UAB and Mizzou teams. It isnít being critical. 

Look at the distribution on the 08 09 team

http://www.espn.com/mens-college-basketball/team/stats/_/id/142/season/2009

hawg66

« Reply #138 on: February 09, 2019, 01:53:39 pm »

Now relate that to why Hall left this team this season. You canít because it has nothing to do with why he left.
Which is what the charge was.

I wasnít calling you out specifically Atl. Just pointing out that two different people made exact opposite critiques of Anderson within a few posts. Itís Hogville so I expect as much.

PonderinHog

• Gold Hogvillian
« Reply #139 on: February 09, 2019, 01:55:29 pm »

There are no two snowflakes alike!   >:(

Atlhogfan1

• Gold Hogvillian
« Reply #140 on: February 09, 2019, 01:57:23 pm »

Now relate that to why Hall left this team this season. You canít because it has nothing to do with why he left.
Which is what the charge was.

I wasnít calling you out specifically Atl. Just pointing out that two different people made exact opposite critiques of Anderson within a few posts. Itís Hogville so I expect as much.

Arguing is what we do. WPS!

Hogmatic

« Reply #141 on: February 09, 2019, 08:05:05 pm »

There are no two snowflakes alike!   >:(

I wonder what the snowflakes think now?

ErieHog

• Gold Hogvillian
  • Life as a Politics Mod....
« Reply #142 on: February 09, 2019, 08:07:05 pm »

I wonder what the snowflakes think now?

They're back and in force demanding MA be fired, as usual.

PonderinHog

• Gold Hogvillian
« Reply #143 on: February 09, 2019, 08:12:45 pm »

They're back and in force demanding MA be fired, as usual.
But they're all unique!

ErieHog

• Gold Hogvillian
« Reply #144 on: February 09, 2019, 08:15:51 pm »

But they're all unique!

And they have the ear of every booster, too.   Donald Walton Tyson Ann Lindsey Jim Hudson George Jones has given them all double secret information about his top plan to replace Mike.

Hogmatic

« Reply #145 on: February 09, 2019, 08:19:14 pm »

And they have the ear of every booster, too.   Donald Walton Tyson Ann Lindsey Jim Hudson George Jones has given them all double secret information about his top plan to replace Mike.

Keep thinking what you want.  We will see in about 3 weeks.

ErieHog

• Gold Hogvillian
« Reply #146 on: February 09, 2019, 08:22:47 pm »

Keep thinking what you want.  We will see in about 3 weeks.

Triple secret information!

Hogmatic

« Reply #147 on: February 09, 2019, 08:39:22 pm »

Triple secret information!

Nope.  I know how upset some boosters were before the Fools Gold winning streak.   Mike has failed and the Bud is less than half full even during the fools gold wins.  The big issue is that the schedule sets up for numerous losses as we head into an end of season decision.

ErieHog

• Gold Hogvillian
« Reply #148 on: February 09, 2019, 08:46:32 pm »

Nope.  I know how upset some boosters were before the Fools Gold winning streak.   Mike has failed and the Bud is less than half full even during the fools gold wins.  The big issue is that the schedule sets up for numerous losses as we head into an end of season decision.

The remainder of the schedule sets up for somewhere between 3-5, and 5-3.  Most likely it closes 4-4.   That puts us at 18 going into the SEC Tournament, somewhere around 7th in the SEC this season, and Mike very safe in his job.

Like was stated here months ago, when it came to boosters-- Mike has to have a truly awful season, followed by a bad season, before his job is in serious jeopardy.  He hasn't even had one of those yet.

PonderinHog

• Gold Hogvillian
« Reply #149 on: February 09, 2019, 09:00:47 pm »

Sideways...
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Up

KARK
KWNA
Fox 16 Arkansas