File 13 > Trash

most optimistic 3 players thatíll be here next year?

(1/1)

BannerMountainMan:
Hill. Javon? Guyue? Hawkins? Anymore we should know about?

hogwood:

--- Quote from: BannerMountainMan on January 17, 2019, 04:50:21 pm ---Hill. Javon? Guyue? Hawkins? Anymore we should know about?

--- End quote ---

Seems that is the short list of kids that can be considered realistic prospects with legit offers.

raz1965:
With Hill an Javon plus one of the other  2, an keep the core players together the hogs should be a very special team .  I would look forward to seeing that scenario next year .

ballinhog:
Javon doesnít get talked about a lot but since the 1st time I saw him play back in high school Iíve felt like heís a must get recruit. He just has something different about him, a gear and motor around the rim thatís very rare. Iím not saying he will be anything like Gafford and I know heís a lot smaller but with him and Chaney inside next year, I can say I would feel very confident going against anybody. Nobody we play will out play Javon.

I really hope Mike signs him

Dominicanhog:
Hawkins, Franklin and Hill....

Razorod:

--- Quote from: Dominicanhog on January 19, 2019, 09:47:07 am ---Hawkins, Franklin and Hill....

--- End quote ---
This until Kevin begins to divulge more names.

Dominicanhog:
To me the question becomes who are the open spots?  We take 3 this year and 4 next.. Gafford, Garland, Bailey, Phillips, 1 r/s bench rider and 1 bench rider is a total of 6......

Hawkins, Hill, Franklin, Thompson, Williams and Moore.. Moody would be 7, though I think he goes elsewhere.. would need a 7th for him should he come and that one would be hard to find, imo..

Dominicanhog:
I'm beginning to think we bring in 4 this year... would not be surprised to see AB get cut..

BannerMountainMan:
So if we have a core of Harris, Jones, Joe, Sills, Embery Simpson, Chaney to go with Hill, Hawkins, Franklin, and Guyue, would that get us back to the NCAA next year?

Dominicanhog:

--- Quote from: BannerMountainMan on January 19, 2019, 02:02:58 pm ---So if we have a core of Harris, Jones, Joe, Sills, Embery Simpson, Chaney to go with Hill, Hawkins, Franklin, and Guyue, would that get us back to the NCAA next year?

--- End quote ---

Not sure but it should be a better team.. that group looks pretty good...

mhuff:

--- Quote from: Dominicanhog on January 19, 2019, 02:00:09 pm ---I'm beginning to think we bring in 4 this year... would not be surprised to see AB get cut..

--- End quote ---

I have been thinking that all season

hogwood:
I think we bring in 3 this year. With Hill already here I'll go ahead and say I feel confident the other two will be Franklin and Hawkins - very nice additions I might add.

The 3 we lose in order for those 3 to come on would be Phillips, Gafford, Garland. So the 19-20 team looks like this...

Chaney/Hawkins/Ali (maybe Ali surprises us and can be a player next year)
Franklin/Henderson/Bailey
Jones/Osabuohien
Joe/Embery/Sills
Harris/Hill

That roster allows us to not undergo too much attrition and avoid getting into trouble with more questionable spring signings. Plus we get to see what Ibby and Henderson are worth after 1.5 years of development. They have the tools, who knows, and with no better prospects and a need for bigs, might as well keep them another year when we need the help.

Now for the 2020 class I think we'll get 3-4. In order to do that we'll have Bailey graduate, and 2-3 transfer. Let's go ahead and hypothesize that Ali doesn't work out, and Osa gets tired of being behind a lot of forwards (with 2 more coming in 2020). The same could be said for Sills, as there would be a lot of competition for PT at guard. Sills would be tough to lose but it's realistic to think one of those guards above will be disgruntled as there is simply not enough PT. Hopefully we don't lose Sills or another guard but if not then I think the next most likely scenario for a fourth spot is either Henderson transferring if he doesn't work out or Joe following a breakout season jumping to the draft. Regardless of if he's ready he'll be getting projections based on potential alone, and you never know if a kid will jump on that train or not...

So let's say we somehow have 4 spots. I'd say the 3 most likely are Williams, Thompson, and Moore. For the lack of a better prospect and for the sake of positive energy I'll add Moody as the 4th.

2020-21 roster looks like:

Hawkins/Williams
Chaney/Moore/Henderson
Moody/Franklin
Jones/Thompson/Embery
Hill/Harris/Sills

Then we have the same potential problem in 2021 with only 2 scholarships (Jones and Harris graduate). IMO it's a good problem to have, but you have to fill those spots with your top targets and you have to retain the right guys too.

You'll notice I went with Joe leaving early as the most likely 4th spot. It's hard to convince me that a kid with his frame and scoring ability stays more than 2 years. Plus it was really hard to say we bring in 5* Moody and either not start him or not start a senior Jones. IMO that roster above is pretty dang good!

The_Iceman:
This could all change if a change is made at head coach.

BannerMountainMan:
Mike has it right in front of him..... Franklin, Guyue, Hill, Diawara,  Hawkins....do what you have to do to get all 5 of these on campus next year and we will have ourself a team...cut some big men this year if you have too..he has it right in front of him..take dang advantage of it.

hogwood:

--- Quote from: BannerMountainMan on January 19, 2019, 09:50:37 pm ---Mike has it right in front of him..... Franklin, Guyue, Hill, Diawara,  Hawkins....do what you have to do to get all 5 of these on campus next year and we will have ourself a team...cut some big men this year if you have too..he has it right in front of him..take dang advantage of it.

--- End quote ---

Then have no room for the 2020 class, which is what would really be the difference maker.

hogwood:

--- Quote from: The_Iceman on January 19, 2019, 04:11:59 pm ---This could all change if a change is made at head coach.

--- End quote ---

Likely yes. Would probably mean Thompson and family moves on. But Williams and Moore could still be had. Maybe it would be more attractive to Moody depending on the coach - who knows. I'm guessing KES would transfer as well, as he's part of the Anderson "family". I believe Hill would stay, Franklin would still be interested, not sure about Hawkins but we remain his best offer.

BannerMountainMan:

--- Quote from: hogwood on January 20, 2019, 11:26:15 am ---Then have no room for the 2020 class, which is what would really be the difference maker.

--- End quote ---
Mike knows he has to win now though, unless he can get 3 of the 2020 guys to sign early and then I think he earns 2020 but he canít even mess up a 2020 run with that roster.

hawgfan4life:

--- Quote from: hogwood on January 20, 2019, 11:26:15 am ---Then have no room for the 2020 class, which is what would really be the difference maker.

--- End quote ---

If MA doesn't turn things around quickly, 2020 won't be his worry.  He needs to get the best he can get now to help us next season.  His mentor was famous for saying the roster will work itself out.

Dominicanhog:

--- Quote from: hawgfan4life on January 20, 2019, 12:24:06 pm ---If MA doesn't turn things around quickly, 2020 won't be his worry.  He needs to get the best he can get now to help us next season.  His mentor was famous for saying the roster will work itself out.

--- End quote ---

All true... that's why I think we take 4 this year..

The_Bionic_Pig:
Justice Hill at 15 is far more skilled than Sills, KES right now.  The advantage they have of familiarity with the offense will have vanished by this summer.

Javon Franklin is the best SF we have the moment he steps foot on campus. That's spells trouble for Gabe Osabuohien & Adrio Bailey.

Mason Jones started out as a (3) in November who had a good shot but has since transitioned to a 6'5 (2) and has become far too reliant on 3pt opportunities.

Raymond Hawkins is obviously ahead of Ibrahim Ali & Ethan Henderson.

And finally it may be hard for some to digest but
Doudou Gueye is not really a back to the basket scorer.  In fact he facilitates and set's the offense more often than not at Daytona State.... like a guard in fact.

I know it sounds awkward due to his 6'9 height but once you see him live on the perimeter you will notice he looks quite comfortable doing it as he is a very skilled passer.

He's more likely to score off the dribble than back his man down....not saying that he can't but he's more of a EURO baller than traditional 4 or 5.

Oh by the way he shooting 38% from 3pt range. He attempts about 3 per game so those stats are comparable to any SG so their not inflated by few attempts.

His negatives include being a fouling/turnover machine, ineffective shot blocker and dissapearing in some games.
Upside is he's a very effective Offensive/Defensive rebounder and has a high assist rate to counter the turnovers.

Dwight_K_Shrute:

--- Quote from: Dominicanhog on January 19, 2019, 02:00:09 pm ---I'm beginning to think we bring in 4 this year... would not be surprised to see AB get cut..

--- End quote ---

Hate it but yes.  AB seems to be going backward.  Good kid but just not developing, too inconsistent for a Jr. and some of the weak sauce he puts up leaves you shaking your head. 

BannerMountainMan:

--- Quote from: navyhog24 on January 21, 2019, 09:55:11 pm ---The biggest  recruit for next year will be getting a new coach that is actually a good developer.

--- End quote ---
Us as fans canít control what happens, so talking about next year is the next best thing to do, but we all know you all donít care and yall just want to cause chaos.

Letsroll1200:
I'm hoping the Hogs bring in Raymond Hawkins, Mahamadou Diawara and a shooter. Right now we have Joe and Jones that can make a 3 point shot but the rest of the team can't throw it in the ocean.

BannerMountainMan:

--- Quote from: Letsroll1200 on January 22, 2019, 11:16:04 am ---I'm hoping the Hogs bring in Raymond Hawkins, Mahamadou Diawara and a shooter. Right now we have Joe and Jones that can make a 3 point shot but the rest of the team can't throw it in the ocean.

--- End quote ---
Im hopeful they will develop into better shooters as Barford, Qualls, Macon did as they got older.

ShadowHawg:
If MA is fired it will be 3 plan C guys. We will be trading Sullinger, Iguadola, and Modica for Eric Ferguson and Kendrick Davis all over again. Not to mention any of the guys already on the roster who will leave. You can also forget the next batch of in state kids.

So much dumb going on right now.

navyhog24:

--- Quote from: ShadowHawg on January 22, 2019, 04:23:17 pm ---If MA is fired it will be 3 plan C guys. We will be trading Sullinger, Iguadola, and Modica for Eric Ferguson and Kendrick Davis all over again. Not to mention any of the guys already on the roster who will leave. You can also forget the next batch of in state kids.

So much dumb going on right now.

--- End quote ---

Having a good coach and developer trumps all. I swear some of you are so scared to cut the rope.

ShadowHawg:

--- Quote from: navyhog24 on January 22, 2019, 04:53:33 pm ---

Having a good coach and developer trumps all. I swear some of you are so scared to cut the rope.

--- End quote ---

You can't polish a turd. You can't put lipstick on a pig either.

This roster is full of new comers. They can afford to sit a year somewhere and are proven commodities at this level. They will have opportunities to go to some good programs. A lot of them will take them.

Recruiting is 100% about relationships. The up and comer that will be the next hire will be way behind Pearl, Howell, Penny, etc on most of our in state kids.

Look for a near total roster turnover with the replacements being plan c spring recruits and recruits from a lesser program. I don't want to hear any whining about the new guy from you when it all comes down. You will get exactly what you are asking for. You are just clueless as to what is coming.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version
Mobile View