File 13 > Trash

This use to be a basketball board

(1/1)

labb:
now it is nothing but a slam the coach board and it has started with the Mods...I like discussing basketball, not so much the other stuff..So, You guys have fun.

Lanny:
Moderators are fans too, we curtail most of our opinions but for me when I have had enough I will voice my concerns.  I am a level headed person and respect your opinion too

Lanny

ke2743:

--- Quote from: labb on January 16, 2019, 08:39:56 am ---now it is nothing but a slam the coach board and it has started with the Mods...I like discussing basketball, not so much the other stuff..So, You guys have fun.

--- End quote ---

What is there to talk about recently?  How hard our guys are playing?  The masterful game plans that are being executed?  The well drawn up plays after a time out for a quick bucket?  Apathy has set in for most fans and mods from what I can tell.   

jst01:
Not apathy, that term is mis-used a lot here. It's extreme frustration and disgust.

The NewEra:
This board has a great tendency to blame everyone but the head coach for what ails this program.  Now you want to go after the Mods who have finally said enough is enough publicly.

This board will be much more fun and more active when we have an NCAA Tourney competitive team year in and out.

ke2743:

--- Quote from: The NewEra on January 16, 2019, 09:04:59 am ---This board has a great tendency to blame everyone but the head coach for what ails this program.  Now you want to go after the Mods who have finally said enough is enough publicly.

This board will be much more fun and more active when we have an NCAA Tourney competitive team year in and out.

--- End quote ---

Agreed, and wasn't it just 2 weeks ago that the mods were banning people for blaming the coach or starting anymore MA threads just to be deleted?  I think they run a tight ship around here but even they realize what needs to be done.

PharmacistHog:

--- Quote from: ke2743 on January 16, 2019, 09:16:02 am ---Agreed, and wasn't it just 2 weeks ago that the mods were banning people for blaming the coach or starting anymore MA threads just to be deleted?  I think they run a tight ship around here but even they realize what needs to be done.

--- End quote ---

No.  The moderator requested that the same dumbass TYPES of threads not be posted ("Fire Mike" and "Mike is the BEST coach ever").  That kind of trash. 

Smithian:
Start a thread titled "Start ____ over ____" and you'll get basketball talk. You can always take the lead and make your own thread about a specific on court issue.

hoglady:
Well it is kind of hard to discuss the state of this basketball team without some criticism landing on the head coach.

Inhogswetrust:

--- Quote from: labb on January 16, 2019, 08:39:56 am ---now it is nothing but a slam the coach board and it has started with the Mods...I like discussing basketball, not so much the other stuff..So, You guys have fun.

--- End quote ---

Posting about coaches decisions and for poor play by their team when they have been in charge as long as Mike has is a part of discussing basketball.

HogPharmer:

--- End quote ---

Complaining about moderation is grounds for banishment. You are usually banished to Jump Ball for that kind of offense, Id hate to see what they do when they banish you from Jump Ball. Prison forum maybe?

jst01:

--- Quote from: HogPharmer on January 16, 2019, 10:58:08 am ---Complaining about moderation is grounds for banishment. You are usually banished to Jump Ball for that kind of offense, Id hate to see what they do when they banish you from Jump Ball. Prison forum maybe?

--- End quote ---

Science board...to argue the theory of Dark Matter with Guv.

Hogmatic:
You are worried about what this board used to be?   

We used to play championship caliber ball, but now programs like UF, UT, AU, etc have stolen our position in the SEC hierarchy. Our fan base still has a MEMORY of top 5 finishes, top 10 finishes, conference championships, Sweet 16s, Final Fours, 2 straight National Championship games, & ONE National Championship.  We had prestige via the Ark vs. Ky game being Nationally Televised on Super Bowl Sunday for many years. We have become somewhat irrelevant and that is terrible.... and Mike is not making it better. We are regularly embarrassed by teams that know us or are in our conference and know how to use Mike's scheme/style against him. Quite simply the program has had way too many embarrassing moments with Mike at the Helm.

HF#1:
We have seen Mike's ceiling and it's not high enough.

bigpigpimpin:

--- End quote ---
we dont play basketball anymore....not competitive basketball anyways

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version
Mobile View