• 10,114,285 Posts
• 404,115 Topics
• 23,078 Hogvillians
THE RULES (Read 'em!)
Quick Links
Pick'Ems:Football      Basketball      Baseball
Sister Sites:Gridiron HistoryFearless Friday
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Down

Author Topic: La'Michael Pettway update (Story added)  (Read 12343 times)

Porkys Revenge

Re: La'Michael Pettway update (Story added)
« Reply #50 on: January 15, 2019, 02:29:04 pm »

presidenthog

« Reply #51 on: January 15, 2019, 02:31:14 pm »

Next up will be deon Stewart

Sponsored Ad

Hogville encourages you to do business with the following...

AirWarren

• Hall of Fame Hogvillian
  • Football impotence of the Midwest
« Reply #52 on: January 15, 2019, 03:00:40 pm »

Next up will be deon Stewart

Agreed. He or/and Jones.

A Hogwork Orange

Re: LaMichael Pettway gone
« Reply #53 on: January 15, 2019, 03:16:56 pm »

Well, they shouldn't be handed the job, either, lol.

I mean I kinda disagree here. What we had last year couldn't get open and didn't really play well at all. Worst case scenario we have the same thing with these freshman. I would rather have 6'5" not getting open than 6'1" not getting open. I would rather have 6'5" blocking than 6'1" blocking. All things equal, we still massively upgrade on size alone. And this is all under the assumption that their skill level is similar. If they are even a hair better than its miles away from what we had last year.

Redhogs

« Reply #54 on: January 15, 2019, 03:26:01 pm »

He was a major part of the problem with the Bomb Squad resistance.  They only wanted to run the corner or post routes.  They didn't want to run slants or crossing patterns.  The Bomb Squad is down to one last member - Jordan Jones.   He better get with the program or get gone.
Well now, 2 and 2 are starting to make 4.

weatherspprts20

• Walk-On
  • Surfing the web at Hogville.net
« Reply #55 on: January 15, 2019, 03:32:06 pm »

me and Pettway went to same highschool and to be honest i didn't expect this to happen. Wish Pettway the best in his future

GuvHog

• Gold Hogvillian
  • Proud Hog Supporter!!!
« Reply #56 on: January 15, 2019, 03:40:23 pm »

I mean I kinda disagree here. What we had last year couldn't get open and didn't really play well at all. Worst case scenario we have the same thing with these freshman. I would rather have 6'5" not getting open than 6'1" not getting open. I would rather have 6'5" blocking than 6'1" blocking. All things equal, we still massively upgrade on size alone. And this is all under the assumption that their skill level is similar. If they are even a hair better than its miles away from what we had last year.

Actually Jones got open deep several times but Storey didn't have the arm to throw deep.

GuvHog

• Gold Hogvillian
  • Proud Hog Supporter!!!
« Reply #57 on: January 15, 2019, 03:41:49 pm »

Agreed. He or/and Jones.

I don't see Jones leaving. He has something that the Hogs really need and that's SPEED.

ricepig

« Reply #58 on: January 15, 2019, 03:44:40 pm »

Have you seen a picture of Pettway, he looked like a LB, lol.

HogsInaBlanket

• Varsity
« Reply #59 on: January 15, 2019, 03:57:44 pm »

processed

what does this mean exactly? that the coaches are not renewing his schollie?

010HogFan

• I Got Dat Wood Coach
« Reply #60 on: January 15, 2019, 04:13:24 pm »

what does this mean exactly? that the coaches are not renewing his schollie?

it means #HeGone

WilsonHog

• Administrator
« Reply #61 on: January 15, 2019, 04:37:10 pm »

Thank you, for being a Razorback, LaMichael. Best wishes on finishing your degree and your football career.

Kevin

• Gold Hogvillian
  • RIP LILY, WE MISS YOU DEARLY
« Reply #62 on: January 15, 2019, 04:44:54 pm »

Best wishes

Now we move on

daprospecta

« Reply #63 on: January 15, 2019, 04:56:06 pm »

Let's be honest here. L.P. was a David Boston out there and would rarely get jammed. I think it's a loss. I wouldn't call it a loss you can't recover from but it's a loss.

onebadrubi

• Gold Hogvillian
« Reply #64 on: January 15, 2019, 05:09:29 pm »

Woods, Jackson, Jones and the Freshman show!!!! Along with the talented TEs we have!!!

This right here!!!!!  Oh yeah, add warren in there too.

Roadhog82

• Varsity
« Reply #65 on: January 15, 2019, 05:14:21 pm »

Burks is who I'm most excited about

#1 STUNNA

« Reply #66 on: January 15, 2019, 05:16:01 pm »

This right here!!!!!  Oh yeah, add warren in there too.
yep forgot about Warren

#1 STUNNA

« Reply #67 on: January 15, 2019, 05:16:12 pm »

Burks is who I'm most excited about
The show is on the way

jgphillips3

• Where are they now the little people of Stonehenge
« Reply #68 on: January 15, 2019, 05:37:36 pm »

I hate to see Pettway leave but with what we have coming in, I donít blame him.

#hammerdown

• Senior
  • Bring Back the Chrome Dome
« Reply #69 on: January 15, 2019, 05:49:10 pm »

In before he commits to Mizzou

AirWarren

• Football impotence of the Midwest
« Reply #70 on: January 15, 2019, 06:08:35 pm »

The show is on the way

I dunno man. Iíve seen Treylon in person for 4 years. Iím ready to see Knox live and in action.

King Kong

« Reply #71 on: January 15, 2019, 06:49:01 pm »

Losing Pettway is not a good thing.

But it is what it is

kodiakisland

« Reply #72 on: January 15, 2019, 07:00:41 pm »

Either Morris canít keep players or he saw Trey Knox walking into lab yesterday and thought ďoh sh*t who is this dudeĒ

Can't keep?  Seriously, that's not the issue.  He's getting rid of players.

King Kong

« Reply #73 on: January 15, 2019, 07:02:17 pm »

Can't keep?  Seriously, that's not the issue.  He's getting rid of players.

I doubt Pettway the only Receiver to do anything last year was got rid of.

Others Iím sure yes.

#1 STUNNA

« Reply #74 on: January 15, 2019, 09:24:05 pm »

I dunno man. Iíve seen Treylon in person for 4 years. Iím ready to see Knox live and in action.
im ready to see them all on the field!

rzrbk4life

« Reply #75 on: January 15, 2019, 09:25:10 pm »

Best of luck pettway

HOGINTENNESSEE

• Ryan Mallett: "I don't get nervous"
« Reply #76 on: January 15, 2019, 09:50:04 pm »

I doubt Pettway the only Receiver to do anything last year was got rid of.

Others I’m sure yes.

Yeah, get with a Chase Harrell before Pettway

Rudy Baylor

• All-American Hogvillian
  • Hans Blix is very angry about the new Woodchip guy
« Reply #77 on: January 15, 2019, 09:54:54 pm »

Correct.

Morris doesnít want to keep Bielema people.

Well that's tough darn. Because in the history of college football, when a coach signs on the dotted line, he accepts 3-plus classes that he didn't recruit

GA reddiehog

• Varsity
« Reply #78 on: January 15, 2019, 10:04:55 pm »

me and Pettway went to same highschool and to be honest i didn't expect this to happen. Wish Pettway the best in his future
You Scrappers stick together just like us Outlaws!!!!

The Hawgman

« Reply #79 on: January 15, 2019, 10:20:14 pm »

I hope Jordan Jones is not next. One of the fastest guys on the team, if not the fastest.

I recall Drew Morgan saying players used to take bets on who was faster between Jones and Dominique Reed and Reed was a blur.

Jones suffered more than anyone by our QBs not being able to hit the deep passes in 2018, yards per catch went from 19 to 11, yardage down from 401 to 191. His talent was wasted unless he was one of the ones who just refused to "buy in."
I will be surprised if he stays.
With his speed if he was going to be a weapon he already would have IMO.

« Reply #80 on: January 15, 2019, 10:24:54 pm »

Well that's tough darn. Because in the history of college football, when a coach signs on the dotted line, he accepts 3-plus classes that he didn't recruit

Yes it was tough LAST YEAR.
The results speak for themselves.

What he is willing to accept this year is entirely different
Thank god

isavedjazz

« Reply #81 on: January 15, 2019, 10:34:48 pm »

Good luck to you sir. You seemed like a good kid.

Also, thanks for freeing up a scholarship

isavedjazz

« Reply #82 on: January 15, 2019, 10:38:52 pm »

Actually Jones got open deep several times but Storey didn't have the arm to throw deep.

Fact. Ty missed JJ downfield a number of times

diveplayon4thn20

• Varsity
« Reply #83 on: January 15, 2019, 11:15:00 pm »

With damn good reason..it's the only way to get rid of the loser culture...and it's not all people...

Loser culture? Where do you get off degrading our players like that?
These players had 3 consecutive winning seasons before only winning 4 games in 2017, and they came within 3-4 plays of winning 7 regular season games despite having the worst rash of injuries I can ever remember. R.Williams lost for season with career ending injury before the season started. He was the leading rusher in the SEC in 2016.,
Ryan Pulley, our best cb was out for the season after the first game.
J Red, our only experienced WR left after all our top receivers graduated, out for the season after the first game.
Austin Allen missed almost half the season and was not 100% when he did return.
Frank Ragnow, our best Olineman in years out the second half. of the season.
I could go on, but point made. Still, these "loser" players as you call them had 14 point leads against A&M, Miss. st., and Mizzou, only to lose at the very end, and all three teams were bowl teams.
If anything , CCM and his tagalongs from SMU defined the term "losing culture" a lot mote than CBB and his players. 14-22 in 3 seasons at SMU, with only one 7 win season, and all this against A creampuff conference and no wins against any team that was ranked or anything.
Throw in the disastrous coaching job this past season that had the dubious distinction of worst season in school history, most loses Ever and fewest wins since the days of leather helmets.
And no, I am not a CMM hater. He has my full support, and in spite of having the worst coaching performance ever with the exception of Crowe's first year, I have full confidence that he will eventually lead us to the greatness that we have flirted with from time to time, but never quite achieved. He has shown to be,the recruiter we need to build a championship team in due time.

As far as you, redhogs or whatever you call yourself, perhaps you should take a hike and get lost, because so called fans like you are part of the problem, not the solution. You hide behind a username and keyboard and degrade our players in anonymity. I'm sure you wouldn't dare call Pettaway or any other player a "loser" to their face..

Sorry everyone else for my long rant, but people like this just really need to be called out for the piece of **** they are for degrading the young men on our team, whether they decide to transfer out or stay...

hogfan1981

« Reply #84 on: January 16, 2019, 06:12:59 am »

Loser culture? Where do you get off degrading our players like that?
These players had 3 consecutive winning seasons before only winning 4 games in 2017, and they came within 3-4 plays of winning 7 regular season games despite having the worst rash of injuries I can ever remember. R.Williams lost for season with career ending injury before the season started. He was the leading rusher in the SEC in 2016.,
Ryan Pulley, our best cb was out for the season after the first game.
J Red, our only experienced WR left after all our top receivers graduated, out for the season after the first game.
Austin Allen missed almost half the season and was not 100% when he did return.
Frank Ragnow, our best Olineman in years out the second half. of the season.
I could go on, but point made. Still, these "loser" players as you call them had 14 point leads against A&M, Miss. st., and Mizzou, only to lose at the very end, and all three teams were bowl teams.
If anything , CCM and his tagalongs from SMU defined the term "losing culture" a lot mote than CBB and his players. 14-22 in 3 seasons at SMU, with only one 7 win season, and all this against A creampuff conference and no wins against any team that was ranked or anything.
Throw in the disastrous coaching job this past season that had the dubious distinction of worst season in school history, most loses Ever and fewest wins since the days of leather helmets.
And no, I am not a CMM hater. He has my full support, and in spite of having the worst coaching performance ever with the exception of Crowe's first year, I have full confidence that he will eventually lead us to the greatness that we have flirted with from time to time, but never quite achieved. He has shown to be,the recruiter we need to build a championship team in due time.

As far as you, redhogs or whatever you call yourself, perhaps you should take a hike and get lost, because so called fans like you are part of the problem, not the solution. You hide behind a username and keyboard and degrade our players in anonymity. I'm sure you wouldn't dare call Pettaway or any other player a "loser" to their face..

Sorry everyone else for my long rant, but people like this just really need to be called out for the piece of **** they are for degrading the young men on our team, whether they decide to transfer out or stay...

Um, do you possess reading comprehension skills? He was referring to the culture being that way, not the players. This is a reference to the mindset, not the person. He even called out "...and it's not all people...". You then went on to validate his point by pointing out how we managed to have 14 point leads in three different games, yet found a way to lose each one. That, by definition, would be a good example of a loser mindset and loser culture. Far different than saying the players are losers. One is an attack on players personally, the other is an attack on the environment within the program. A winning culture leads to teams finding a way to win. Under CBB, we invented ways to lose games we should have won. This was also a complaint about Bielema from Wisconsin fans when he was their coach. It's not an attack on the individual players. Pettway getting his degree is evidence enough that he wouldn't fit the description of a loser. He was, however, a part of a team that had a loser culture.

Pulled(PP)pork

• Gold Hogvillian
  • Fresno St. 12-2 Vegas Bowl Champions!
« Reply #85 on: January 16, 2019, 07:30:37 am »

Thank you, for being a Razorback, LaMichael. Best wishes on finishing your degree and your football career.
yep, get that name on a sidewalk, it's quite the honor

diveplayon4thn20

• Varsity
« Reply #86 on: January 16, 2019, 11:39:14 am »

Um, do you possess reading comprehension skills? He was referring to the culture being that way, not the players. This is a reference to the mindset, not the person. He even called out "...and it's not all people...". You then went on to validate his point by pointing out how we managed to have 14 point leads in three different games, yet found a way to lose each one. That, by definition, would be a good example of a loser mindset and loser culture. Far different than saying the players are losers. One is an attack on players personally, the other is an attack on the environment within the program. A winning culture leads to teams finding a way to win. Under CBB, we invented ways to lose games we should have won. This was also a complaint about Bielema from Wisconsin fans when he was their coach. It's not an attack on the individual players. Pettway getting his degree is evidence enough that he wouldn't fit the description of a loser. He was, however, a part of a team that had a loser culture.
Instead of rushing to the aid of your girlfriend, perhaps you need to learn reading comprehension yourself. The context of his post was that Bielema's players were losers and getting rid of them was the way to get rid of "the losing culture. Nothing ambiguous about his statement.
And by stating that those players came within a handful of plays of beating superior teams on paper supported my case that these players had been part of a winning culture for 3 consecutive seasons, and even with all the injuries to key players and all the fair weather fans abandoning the team, they could easily have had a 4 th straight winning season.

I also used those near misses to point out the huge dropoff in winning mentality and playing above their heads from 2017 and last season. With almost the same players, a year older and more experienced, along with the addition of the players of the 2018 class, instead of competing with those same teams, Miss St. and Mizzou, the team got absolutely destroyed in both games. Scored a total of 6 points and allowed 90 points...52-6 and 38-0.  Talk about a losing culture, after scoring over 40 points against Mizzou the year before and getting shutout this past season.  Allowing 28 points and scoring 21 against Miss st. That was more evident of at least being competitive, a  characteristic of a winning culture that was absent this past year, and that falls completely on the coaches and their inability to motivate and prepare the players.

No, Bielema fell short of what he was hired to do, build a championship team, and we needed a change, but he did a lot of good while he was here and was not nearly the horrible coach some make him out to be, and same thing with the players he recruited.

I repeat that I fully support CCM, and hopefully he turns us into a great program that wins championships, a step above CBB, who had good teams but fell short of greatness. But CBB and his players were not a " losing culture", although that term can much more easily
  be  applied to our current coaches resume from SMU and the results they produced their rookie season at Arkansas, but I truly do not believe that about the coaches or the players. Let's call it what it was, an extremely tough transition year, with much better seasons to come!

hogfan1981

« Reply #87 on: January 16, 2019, 12:21:55 pm »

Instead of rushing to the aid of your girlfriend, perhaps you need to learn reading comprehension yourself. The context of his post was that Bielema's players were losers and getting rid of them was the way to get rid of "the losing culture. Nothing ambiguous about his statement.
And by stating that those players came within a handful of plays of beating superior teams on paper supported my case that these players had been part of a winning culture for 3 consecutive seasons, and even with all the injuries to key players and all the fair weather fans abandoning the team, they could easily have had a 4 th straight winning season.

I also used those near misses to point out the huge dropoff in winning mentality and playing above their heads from 2017 and last season. With almost the same players, a year older and more experienced, along with the addition of the players of the 2018 class, instead of competing with those same teams, Miss St. and Mizzou, the team got absolutely destroyed in both games. Scored a total of 6 points and allowed 90 points...52-6 and 38-0.  Talk about a losing culture, after scoring over 40 points against Mizzou the year before and getting shutout this past season.  Allowing 28 points and scoring 21 against Miss st. That was more evident of at least being competitive, a  characteristic of a winning culture that was absent this past year, and that falls completely on the coaches and their inability to motivate and prepare the players.

No, Bielema fell short of what he was hired to do, build a championship team, and we needed a change, but he did a lot of good while he was here and was not nearly the horrible coach some make him out to be, and same thing with the players he recruited.

I repeat that I fully support CCM, and hopefully he turns us into a great program that wins championships, a step above CBB, who had good teams but fell short of greatness. But CBB and his players were not a " losing culture", although that term can much more easily
  be  applied to our current coaches resume from SMU and the results they produced their rookie season at Arkansas, but I truly do not believe that about the coaches or the players. Let's call it what it was, an extremely tough transition year, with much better seasons to come!

LOL! Girlfriend. That's original. What, are you a parent or relative of Bret Bielema? Or are you just that easily offended? The facts are that Bret Bielema recruited all those players that were on the field this past season. And what I saw were the exact same things I saw when BB was the coach: a team that quit way too easily when things weren't going their way, a team that did not have a winning mentality, a team that didn't play with effort. Heck, even DJ Williams called these things out, with OL not even getting out of their stance when the ball is snapped, players not giving any effort on plays. It takes a coach weeding out those players to change the CULTURE and transform the mentality of the team. Does that mean those players are losers? No. Most wound up getting their degrees. Again, that is not something a loser would do. However, as a collective unit, as a team, they had a loser culture. They had a loser mentality. They found ways to lose games instead of winning games. You called out 3 of those games. Add the Virginia Tech game to that the season before, the Rutgers game in BB's first season, the Toledo game, pretty much any game against aTm during his tenure. It was a culture that was ingrained beginning at the top.

As for what my "girlfriend" posted. Let's look at that. "It's the only way to get rid of the loser culture". Loser is being used to describe the TYPE of culture, which makes it an adjective. If he were referring to the players as losers, the word "loser" would have to be used as a noun. Go back and read what he was responding to. He was responding to the fact that Morris doesn't want to keep Bielema players. If he were calling them losers, he would have said something about getting rid of those losers. But, nope, he was referring to the fact that getting rid of Bielema's players is the way to get rid of the loser culture. Big difference.

The Hawgman

« Reply #88 on: January 16, 2019, 01:00:57 pm »

That's all Jones has is speed. He don't hit the weight room obviously. Still the same size from high school.
Understand work ethic and overall attitude may be lacking from those who have been around him for a while.
But this is hearsay

cpohog

« Reply #89 on: January 16, 2019, 01:16:35 pm »

Good.  The Bomb Squad is down to 1 member left.

Hogmatic
I am late to the party I guess. I have never seen the term BOMB SQUAD before.....care to enlighten me on the origin of the term as it pertains to the players? Thanks in advance!
Obviously it is not a reference to a group of WR that caught a bunch of BOMBS for TDs this past year, just sayin!!

HogJowler

« Reply #90 on: January 16, 2019, 01:18:47 pm »

When players accept a scholarship they agree to play for four years and give their best effort.  If they don't that's tough.  Don't let the door hit you.  Darn

jkstock04

« Reply #91 on: January 16, 2019, 02:04:14 pm »

Hilarious.

ATU HOG

• Senior
« Reply #92 on: January 16, 2019, 02:21:56 pm »

What did you call it when you come close by a handful of plays.....

ATU HOG

• Senior
« Reply #93 on: January 16, 2019, 02:22:37 pm »

Best of luck to La'Michael.  Thought he would excel here, hopefully he excels wherever he goes and plays next year.

holeinthewall

• Hogvillian
« Reply #94 on: January 16, 2019, 02:40:06 pm »

maybe 3-9 next year

010HogFan

• I Got Dat Wood Coach
« Reply #95 on: January 16, 2019, 02:51:43 pm »

nah that was a losing culture if I've ever seen one. One that CM is still trying to get rid of. The man has won everywhere he's been. Reggae and Flip Flops is all you need to know.

SooieGeneris

• Hogvillian
  • You don't ever want to be chasin' speed..
« Reply #96 on: January 16, 2019, 04:16:28 pm »

When a school signs a coach on the dotted line, are they telling him he MUST keep malcontents who were part of a lackadaisical culture still pouting because their old losing coach got fired?

I don't think so! If that were the case no head coach would take a job at a school that just fired a losing coach. They would tell them "tough darn" I'm going somewhere I can have more of my own players or stay where I am..

SooieGeneris

• Hogvillian
  • You don't ever want to be chasin' speed..
« Reply #97 on: January 16, 2019, 04:26:48 pm »

Both coaching staffs have questioned his work ethic in practice. I really hope he changes that. I watched him for 3 years in high school. He has all the talent in the world.

Thanks for the info. If he has a bad work ethic or only wants to run outside routes, then he wouldn't be a devastating loss. Only a Randy Moss type talent can get away with that and he's not close to that level as fast as he is.

The only thing I would be concerned about would be the numbers at WR if he and Stewart left. That would put all of the onus on FR and guys like K Jackson coming off injuries. We could get short handed there with any injuries at all in 2019.

Koilan Jackson has a lot of talent and great genes but has had the injury bug..

Sivad

« Reply #98 on: January 16, 2019, 08:47:56 pm »

Let's be honest here. L.P. was a David Boston out there and would rarely get jammed. I think it's a loss. I wouldn't call it a loss you can't recover from but it's a loss.
Itís not a positive.

daprospecta

« Reply #99 on: January 16, 2019, 10:16:43 pm »

Thanks for the info. If he has a bad work ethic or only wants to run outside routes, then he wouldn't be a devastating loss. Only a Randy Moss type talent can get away with that and he's not close to that level as fast as he is.

The only thing I would be concerned about would be the numbers at WR if he and Stewart left. That would put all of the onus on FR and guys like K Jackson coming off injuries. We could get short handed there with any injuries at all in 2019.

Koilan Jackson has a lot of talent and great genes but has had the injury bug..
Wouldn't it suck to have the receivers but not quite the arm talent and next year have the arm talent but too many young freshman needing to hit the weight room?
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Up

KARK
KWNA
Fox 16 Arkansas