• 10,106,843 Posts
• 403,932 Topics
• 23,066 Hogvillians
THE RULES (Read 'em!)
Quick Links
Pick'Ems:Football      Basketball      Baseball
Sister Sites:Gridiron HistoryFearless Friday
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: THE 180 view- The craziest and the least crazy game you've attended?  (Read 2759 times)

mj4president

Crazy- 1999 Tennessee. I was not able to attend 2010 Bama unfournately, that seemed electric on TV when Wingo brought through and scored.

The least? Florida Atlantic when we had DMC. Snooze fest

jst01

Re: THE 180 view- The craziest and the least crazy game you've attended?
« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2019, 09:37:48 am »

Crazy - Miracle on Markham.

Least - Southern Cal coming to Fayetteville. HUGELY hyped up game by AR, complete destruction by USC.

Sponsored Ad

Hogville encourages you to do business with the following...

hoggusamoungus

• All-American Hogvillian
  • Surfing the web at Hogville.net
« Reply #2 on: January 15, 2019, 09:40:07 am »

Crazy - 1979 Texas game in LR.

Least/Worst - 2002 Music City Bowl against Minnesota.

mj4president

« Reply #3 on: January 15, 2019, 09:52:50 am »

Crazy - 1979 Texas game in LR.

Least/Worst - 2002 Music City Bowl against Minnesota.

That bowl game was terrible

kibster

« Reply #4 on: January 15, 2019, 09:55:52 am »

I need to think on craziest, but the least crazy was 2007 game at Tenn.  Much better team than Tenn and we just got destroyed.  Will never forget that it was third and short and both McFaddin and Jones were on the bench.

jst01

« Reply #5 on: January 15, 2019, 09:58:29 am »

I need to think on craziest, but the least crazy was 2007 game at Tenn.  Much better team than Tenn and we just got destroyed.  Will never forget that it was third and short and both McFaddin and Jones were on the bench.

oh man I know. I rode from Memphis to Knoxville with my cousins who are both TN fans. I bragged so hard the whole way about how much damage our RB's would do to them. Ugh.

LZH

• Gold Hogvillian
  • Tight but Loose
« Reply #6 on: January 15, 2019, 09:59:24 am »

Plenty of crazies.....Houston in 1989 and The Miracle on Markham stand out. Incidentally, in both we had conference championships on the line.

Superhog1959

« Reply #7 on: January 15, 2019, 10:08:07 am »

2 games come to mind for me. The first, and I don't remember what team we played. We were sitting on the [CENSORED] in the south end zone. Dicky Morton got hit at the LOS lost his helmet then ran 80+ yards for a TD and stopped right in front of us.  Raised his hands in the air and yelled WHOOO. That was crazy.
Also I think it was 77, SMU game, I was on the sidelines with a media friend of mine. After we won, oranges rained down on us. covered the field. The band played down the field. That was crazy.
I also remember seeing Steve Little set a new FG record for distance. That was fun. 

Boardon Hamsay

• Gold Hogvillian
  • Eponymous Keeper of the War Damn Mockingbird Unis
« Reply #8 on: January 15, 2019, 10:50:24 am »

Craziest atmosphere was '99 Tenn game followed closesly by '10 Bama game.

Least craziest atmosphere minus any number of non-con games...'13 Bama after getting our faces kicked in the week prior by USCe. Atmosphere might as well have been the walking dead.

LZH

• Gold Hogvillian
  • Tight but Loose
« Reply #9 on: January 15, 2019, 11:08:17 am »

Also I think it was 77, SMU game, I was on the sidelines with a media friend of mine. After we won, oranges rained down on us. covered the field. The band played down the field. That was crazy.

That was my very first game.  Sat down in the box seats and my white jeans (it was 1977) got ruined when we stood up to cheer and oranges splattered on my chair.

Smalltownhog95

• Senior
« Reply #10 on: January 15, 2019, 11:14:23 am »

Craziest: 2010 vs Tennessee. Saw the juggle catch by Jarius Wright (I think) and Joe Adams punt return go 1 and 2 on Sports Center Top 10.

Least: LSU 2016. Took my younger brother to his first hog football game. I was still in college and pissed I spent $140 to watch us get pounded. Good beer money gone to waste.

LZH

• Gold Hogvillian
  • Tight but Loose
« Reply #11 on: January 15, 2019, 11:17:31 am »

Craziest: 2010 vs Tennessee. Saw the juggle catch by Jarius Wright (I think) and Joe Adams punt return go 1 and 2 on Sports Center Top 10.

That was a great game to watch.

Add:  I think that was actually in 2011.

rzrbaxfan

« Reply #12 on: January 15, 2019, 11:30:48 am »

Crazy - Miracle on Markham or the LSU game that got us in the Sugar Bowl

Least - 2002 ULL, only a 7 point win in front of  a pretty flat crowd.

OtterHog™

« Reply #13 on: January 15, 2019, 11:39:12 am »

Crazy - 2010 Bama and 2006 Tennessee with Game Day on campus. That Wingo TD in the first quarter of Bama 2010 might be the loudest pop I've ever heard at Razorback stadium. It was deafening.

Least - 2018 North Texas

phadedhawg

« Reply #14 on: January 15, 2019, 11:43:52 am »

I have never attended a crazy Razorback game.  Many years ago I saw the Seahawks make a crazy comeback and beat the Cowboys...2005 or there abouts...Drew Bledsoe was the Cowboy QB and he threw a pick that let us back in the game.

Most boring game I've attended was UNLV vs Arkansas at War Memorial.  We won via a late touchdown by Cobbs but other than that...most of that game was nonstop groaning.  I think this is the game where Nutt used like 3 QBs in one series. 

WizardofhOgZ

« Reply #15 on: January 15, 2019, 12:36:39 pm »

Reading this thread, it occurs to me that although I've attended games in DWRRS for decades now, I haven't been there for very many "signature" wins in crazy environments. 

Probably the most excited crowd I have seen for a game there would be in our wins over Alabama in 1998 (41 to 6, I believe), or the 2006 win over Tennessee (the one where ESPN Gameday came to campus).  For a loss there, the 2004 Texas crowd/environment stands out.  That was an electric crowd. 

On the other hand, I did thoroughly enjoy the 1989 game in College Station where we scored late to win, sending us the Cotton Bowl.  In fact, that game was a de facto SWC Championship game.  It was sweet revenge from being there 2 years earlier when they shut us out on their way to the Cotton Bowl.  We had a small but dedicated crowd of fans in Kyle Field that day - good memories. 

Sed76

• Hogvillian
« Reply #16 on: January 15, 2019, 12:52:30 pm »

Craziest would be the 2011 game in Arlington against A&M when they jumped up big but we came back to win. Least crazy would be the 1993 game against Mississippi State in Little Rock. Barry Lunney got knocked out by one of our own players somehow and the game ended up being a tie. Just terrible football all around.

Bacons Rebellion

• Hall of Fame Hogvillian
  • I'm a llama!
« Reply #17 on: January 15, 2019, 12:56:13 pm »

Least crazy was the game against Wichita State in 1980 in Little Rock. Remember that one? There you go.

Dominicanhog

« Reply #18 on: January 15, 2019, 01:08:15 pm »

Crazy - Miracle on Markham.

Least - Southern Cal coming to Fayetteville. HUGELY hyped up game by AR, complete destruction by USC.

The USC game was a disaster for sure...

I'd vote Houston in LR in 89 as craziest and the Miami game in LR in 87 as the clunker..

code red

• You can't handle the truth!!!!!!
« Reply #19 on: January 15, 2019, 01:45:57 pm »

Crazy- Neyland Stadium 1998

Least-  Texas Tech and Mahomes 2015

1highhog

• Fortis Fortuna Adiuvat.
« Reply #20 on: January 15, 2019, 02:13:27 pm »

Craziest was the 89 Houston game, back when our fans knew how to get behind their team, and knew how to call the Hogs.

Least crazy, hmmm, any game that we got a blitzkrieg against us from the likes us Alabama, although this past season getting one from the likes of a team like Missouri was even worse.

010HogFan

• I Got Dat Wood Coach
« Reply #21 on: January 15, 2019, 02:30:09 pm »

Craziest - 2010 vs Alabama. Heartbreaker. I sat in the stands for a while after it ended cause I felt like someone had hit me with a truck and I didn't wanna get up.

Least crazy - TCU in Fayetteville - sweltering hot, absolute snoozer. crowd never had a reason to cheer. Kenny Trill just handed the ball off for 4-5 yards a play the whole game. Hedlund missed two field goals that really took the wind out of the sails. Bert gonna Bert.

010HogFan

• I Got Dat Wood Coach
« Reply #22 on: January 15, 2019, 02:31:13 pm »

Crazy- Neyland Stadium 1998

Least-  Texas Tech and Mahomes 2015

That Texas Tech game was actually pretty good for a while, back and forth. and Patty was fun to watch.

Hatleyville454

• Varsity
« Reply #23 on: January 15, 2019, 02:45:54 pm »

Craziest - Our last win against Alabama, all the way back in 2006, when their kicker Tiffin missed all of those field goals and that extra point to give us the win.

Most miserable - 2007 Cotton bowl...early start new years day, freezing cold, Tony Temple runs all over us, leave 3rd quarter, bunch of miserable hog fans on I-30 for 5 hours.

go hogues

• You're at an eight but we need you at a two.
« Reply #24 on: January 15, 2019, 02:47:54 pm »

Craziest: Probably Alabama 2010 or LSU 2010, though honorable mention would be Ole Miss 2016. It was LOUD that night.
Least: Florida A&M 2017

mckinneyhog5

« Reply #25 on: January 15, 2019, 02:52:53 pm »

Craziest-Tie
SEC championship game against Florida (2006)
Miracle on Markham

Least Crazy Hogs v Pacific (1988)
It was raining, cold, a Hatfield offense, at WMS, and a crappy opponent.  We won 63-14

#1 STUNNA

« Reply #26 on: January 15, 2019, 02:59:58 pm »

Craziest.... Watching DMAC absolutely run all over the Gamecocks in 2007... he could have legit went for 400+ that night..

sowmonella

• You know I'm right.
« Reply #27 on: January 15, 2019, 03:01:08 pm »

Crazy- 1999 win over Tennessee.
least crazy- UNLV in the rock.

code red

• You can't handle the truth!!!!!!
« Reply #28 on: January 15, 2019, 04:04:42 pm »

That Texas Tech game was actually pretty good for a while, back and forth. and Patty was fun to watch.
I would agree.  The reason I picked it was because IDT Mahomes threw the ball a total of 100 yds....and racked up a load of yards through the air.  The worst tackling game I have ever seen by the hogs.  Frustrating.  Bubble screen, hitch...tunnel screen rinse wash repeat....and we got our butts beat.

010HogFan

• I Got Dat Wood Coach
« Reply #29 on: January 15, 2019, 04:12:20 pm »

I would agree.  The reason I picked it was because IDT Mahomes threw the ball a total of 100 yds....and racked up a load of yards through the air.  The worst tackling game I have ever seen by the hogs.  Frustrating.  Bubble screen, hitch...tunnel screen rinse wash repeat....and we got our butts beat.

Yep! sounds right to me. He dinked and dunked us to death.

Dr. Starcs

• Tell me what you don't like about yourself.
« Reply #30 on: January 15, 2019, 04:17:02 pm »

‘89 Houston

‘03(?) Cotton Bowl vs OU. Only thing crazy was how wind-chapped we all were after the game.

010HogFan

• I Got Dat Wood Coach
« Reply #31 on: January 15, 2019, 04:19:15 pm »

‘03(?) Cotton Bowl vs OU. Only thing crazy was how wind-chapped we all were after the game.

Oooh I was there. Final score was 10-3. BORING.

TexasTransplant

« Reply #32 on: January 17, 2019, 05:51:02 pm »

Most crazy:  1965 vs. Texas at Razorback Stadium.  Hogs had jumped out to a 20-3 lead only to fall behind 24-20 with 4:06 left.  Brittenum and Crockett hooked up repeatedly on an 80 drive and Hogs scored with 1:32 left to pull it out, 27-24 and remain undefeated.

Least crazy:  1963 vs. Texas Tech on the Saturday after the Kennedy assassination.  Beautiful fall afternoon and the most subdued football crowd I've ever seen.

Yes, I am that old.

Superhog1959

« Reply #33 on: January 17, 2019, 06:58:43 pm »

Most crazy:  1965 vs. Texas at Razorback Stadium.  Hogs had jumped out to a 20-3 lead only to fall behind 24-20 with 4:06 left.  Brittenum and Crockett hooked up repeatedly on an 80 drive and Hogs scored with 1:32 left to pull it out, 27-24 and remain undefeated.

Least crazy:  1963 vs. Texas Tech on the Saturday after the Kennedy assassination.  Beautiful fall afternoon and the most subdued football crowd I've ever seen.

Yes, I am that old.
I listened to the 65 game on the radio. My first memory  as a kid was sitting in front of the TV and seeing Walter come on as say the president had been shot.

HogFoo

« Reply #34 on: January 17, 2019, 07:41:29 pm »

Seen plenty of crazy games.  I thought the game against S.carolina where Dmac went for over 320yards was pretty dang good.     The Tenner game where gameday was there.  that was crazy.     The tenner game where Joe adams punt return happened.   That was crazy.   I dont remember the game, but, it's the game where Joe adams lined up at RB coming out of halftime, Thunderstuck had just played on the speakers and then Joe sprang around the end.    the 2010 bama game.  about the loudest game id heard in a while.    The 99 tenner redemption game.   That was a great game.   The 98' bama game where we blew the doors off bama.  great game.   

Lots of crazy ones. 

unfortunately, lots of dull bad ones too.   citadel.    UNT last season.   florida with spurrier when they beat us like 55-  and Spurrier was booed cuz he kept throwing the ball and he made some comment after the game if it was illegal to throw the ball in arkansas.   

Dark Helmet Hog

• Now let's see how well you handle it...
« Reply #35 on: January 17, 2019, 07:50:25 pm »

crazy - 1981 Texas.

Least - maybe some directional school in the Nutt days.

Iwastherein1969

• Gold Hogvillian
  • I LIKE Mike but we could use a little more of this
« Reply #36 on: January 17, 2019, 08:25:14 pm »

I know this is in the football forum, however the craziest game I attended was the year the Hogs went down to Baton Rouge and won in OT. LSU had a 3 point lead and we fouled Clarence Caeser #33 and he got two shots with 7 seconds in regulation. Caesar missed the first one(front rim, back rim to front rim then fell out) missed the second hard off the back, Hogs got the rebound and hurled it down the sideline to a waiting Scotty Thurman who was right in front of Dale Brown, well needless to say, Scotty bottomed it out from about 27 feet and we beat them in OT. My family, being Hog fans did NOT let out a peep until we got to the car, then we called the Hogs, hopped in the Toyota Mini-van and got the heck out of dodge. One can never be too careful in Baton Rouge, especially when they lose at night.

As for the least crazy game. It was football. Lou Holtz first game as Hog coach against New Mexico St. Well, NMS scored on their first possession and we all thought, 'here we go again'...word filtered up that Lou had sent a message to the New Mexico St coach informing him that he will get beat unmercifully if he keeps 9 in the box. Well, Lou put Nutt in the game for Calcagni who proceeded to air out about a 55 yard pass in the air to Bobby Duckworth toward the south endzone and the route was on.

The Hawgman

« Reply #37 on: January 17, 2019, 08:36:08 pm »

Craziest was the 89 Houston game, back when our fans knew how to get behind their team, and knew how to call the Hogs.

Least crazy, hmmm, any game that we got a blitzkrieg against us from the likes us Alabama, although this past season getting one from the likes of a team like Missouri was even worse.
That Houston game was very special
Grovey was amazing.

Masshog

• Its coldern hell up here!!
« Reply #38 on: January 17, 2019, 09:14:06 pm »

81 Arkansas Texas in Fayetteville and the Houston game. On the other hand the Citadel... Broyles was sitting a row or two in front of me... never saw a man turn so red... 

Hogeyeblind

« Reply #39 on: January 17, 2019, 09:37:52 pm »

89 Houston at WMS

Cotton Bowl vs UCLA omg what a snoozefest

TheRazorback500

• It's better to burn out than fade away.
« Reply #40 on: January 17, 2019, 09:52:40 pm »

The 89 Houston game was the craziest for me, also. That's the loudest I ever heard WMS.

The least was a miserable 54-26 loss to TCU in 1990. Ugly.

oldhawg

« Reply #41 on: January 18, 2019, 12:12:32 am »

I know this is in the football forum, however the craziest game I attended was the year the Hogs went down to Baton Rouge and won in OT. LSU had a 3 point lead and we fouled Clarence Caeser #33 and he got two shots with 7 seconds in regulation. Caesar missed the first one(front rim, back rim to front rim then fell out) missed the second hard off the back, Hogs got the rebound and hurled it down the sideline to a waiting Scotty Thurman who was right in front of Dale Brown, well needless to say, Scotty bottomed it out from about 27 feet and we beat them in OT. My family, being Hog fans did NOT let out a peep until we got to the car, then we called the Hogs, hopped in the Toyota Mini-van and got the heck out of dodge. One can never be too careful in Baton Rouge, especially when they lose at night.

That was a good one, although my favorite was the Texas game in Austin when Nolan walked off the court in disgust with the referees at the end of the game (before it was over), only to have the Hogs tie it at the buzzer.  Nolan returned to court side, and the Horn fans went crazy, claiming that he should have been assessed a technical.  Arkansas won in overtime.  Of course, Nolan's explanation was that he had to go to the bathroom.  I think Abe Lemons was the Longhorn coach then.

waphill

« Reply #42 on: January 18, 2019, 05:31:12 am »

Oooh I was there. Final score was 10-3. BORING.

I was, too. If I remember right, the temp was 1 at kickoff. Ugh.

THAWG

« Reply #43 on: January 19, 2019, 08:44:53 pm »

Crazy - 1995 Vs Auburn in LR.

Not - Yeah, 03 Cotton Bowl vs OU was awful

THAWG

« Reply #44 on: January 19, 2019, 09:01:29 pm »

1998 in LR against Kentucky was pretty wild, too, with Crouch setting SEC records for attempts and completions, but Hogs pulling out a great comeback win. Both that game and the '95 Auburn game equalled '89 Houston for loud crowd.

oldfart

• Hogville.net Rocks!
« Reply #45 on: January 19, 2019, 10:24:13 pm »

I was, too. If I remember right, the temp was 1 at kickoff. Ugh.

took my two youngest to that one. lackluster game and froze my a$$ off on those concrete seats. the kids were amused with the dyed grass that turned all the pants green

gmarv

« Reply #46 on: January 20, 2019, 08:24:44 am »

Craziest fun for me was not doubt the 1999 game against Tenner.The craziest game I was ever at for me as a fan was 2001 again against Tenner I will never for get the unbelievable conditions that game was played in.We kept getting herded out into the concourse because of lighting.The rain could not of came down any harder if you had been standing under a faucet.

elksnort

• Gold Hogvillian
  • Lucy, 10-11-2004 - 10-30-2015
« Reply #47 on: January 20, 2019, 04:46:45 pm »

Craziest-Tie
SEC championship game against Florida (2006)
Miracle on Markham

Least Crazy Hogs v Pacific (1988)
It was raining, cold, a Hatfield offense, at WMS, and a crappy opponent.  We won 63-14
I was at that pacific game in 1988 and I don't recall training nor being cold,but your point stands.

Crazy. 1979 victory over Baylor in Fayetteville. Hogs scored every way possible if I recall.

Bubba's Bruisers

« Reply #48 on: January 20, 2019, 04:50:01 pm »

2010: Bama

2013: Gamecocks was pathetic.

rogersvillemohog

« Reply #49 on: January 20, 2019, 05:30:45 pm »

Craziest and least crazy in person.

Craziest - 2015 @ Ole Miss - I honestly thought we'd probably lose. Ole Miss was in the drivers seat of the SEC West, ranked in the top 15 if not the top 10, and I just thought that Bielema and Co would have no answer for those big boy wideouts and strong armed QB they had. We had a great night (of which I don't not remember much of) the night before on the square in Oxford and a great day tailgating in The Grove with an old high school buddy of our's who was a KA at Ole Miss. It was a great game, back and forth the whole way, we went to overtime, Ole Miss scored first, and then we were faced with 4th & 25 and the Hunter Heave happened and then the two point conversion that was saved by the facemask penalty... wow. I've never seen The Grove so empty after a game like it was that night. It was glorious.

Least crazy - 2013 @ Alabama - Biel's first year coming off the disaster left over by BP and JLS. I think we lost 54-0. The only thing that was any kind of fun about that game is that I'm pretty sure we ran a fake punt with an eligible long snapper and got a first down with a complete pass from the punter to the long snapper. Also, we were up in the nose bleeds and someone who was cooking the concessions kept burning garlic so we all had to wash our clothes and take showers when we got back. The only thing that could've topped it would've been rain. Woof.
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up

KARK
KWNA
Fox 16 Arkansas