• 10,163,724 Posts
• 405,335 Topics
• 23,135 Hogvillians
THE RULES (Read 'em!)
Quick Links
Pick'Ems:Football      Basketball      Baseball
Sister Sites:Gridiron HistoryFearless Friday
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down

Author Topic: Jalen Catalon sets commitment date (Updated)  (Read 11499 times)

Otis Kirk

• Global Moderator
  • All-American Hogvillian
  • Surfing the web at Hogville.net
« Last Edit: January 14, 2019, 02:20:10 pm by Otis Kirk »

HogCzar1

Re: Jalen Catalon sets commitment date
« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2019, 02:09:28 pm »

Otis, you feel good about him becoming a Razorback?

Sponsored Ad

Hogville encourages you to do business with the following...

Otis Kirk

• Global Moderator
Re: Jalen Catalon sets commitment date
« Reply #2 on: January 14, 2019, 02:23:23 pm »

Otis, you feel good about him becoming a Razorback?

I have always felt it would be Hogs or Horns. He was all Hogs until that visit to Texas. Right now I still feel good about him. I am just now though doing some more researching on this checking with sources etc. Been out of pocket til 1 today with personal stuff so behind, but at least he and Ben waited to do it. Ben even gave me a head's up haha so that was helpful.

Otis Kirk

• Global Moderator
Re: Jalen Catalon sets commitment date (Updated)
« Reply #3 on: January 14, 2019, 02:37:58 pm »

Obviously Jan. 18 is Friday not Wednesday as I put in my story. I edited it but not sure how long it takes to show up. Ben a day from Hell with some personal stuff and I apologize for that error.  It is Friday he is announcing. Jan. 18

Pigs in Zen

« Reply #4 on: January 14, 2019, 02:40:21 pm »

Obviously Jan. 18 is Friday not Wednesday as I put in my story. I edited it but not sure how long it takes to show up. Ben a day from Hell with some personal stuff and I apologize for that error.  It is Friday he is announcing. Jan. 18

Have a better day Otis, we all appreciate the information.

Otis Kirk

• Global Moderator
« Reply #5 on: January 14, 2019, 02:42:28 pm »

Have a better day Otis, we all appreciate the information.

It's good had to go to court today with my ex from 2010. It is all good now just took five hours of my day away. By the way thanks so much! I love being here.

Pigs in Zen

« Reply #6 on: January 14, 2019, 02:44:15 pm »

It's good had to go to court today with my ex from 2010. It is all good now just took five hours of my day away.

Glad thatís out of the way then! I hope things went well, Iíve been there too. 

navyhog24

« Reply #7 on: January 14, 2019, 02:45:19 pm »

This was the TCU update yesterday:

Jalen asked to talk tomorrow (Monday) so I'll respect that. But, I can pass along some intel I got through various sources. I was told that the visit went really well and seemed to check all the boxes for him and the family. He didn't tip his hand on where he's leaning but I can tell you TCU feels good about the visit. That doesn't mean they're in the lead by any means, but the visit went well. Catalon's parent really like TCU and I've had a few folks tell me that's the top school for them.
I've spoken with other sources that have said out of Arkansas, Texas and TCU that the Hogs and Frogs are the top two and that Texas is trailing. Those same sources have said Texas doesn't feel real great about their chances.
TCU is going to schedule an in-home with Catalon this week with Coach Patterson. The good news for TCU in this regard is Herman and Morris have already used their in-homes with Catalon. So, TCU is the only top contender left that will have a HC in Catalon's home.

presidenthog

« Reply #8 on: January 14, 2019, 02:47:16 pm »

It's good had to go to court today with my ex from 2010. It is all good now just took five hours of my day away. By the way thanks so much! I love being here.

Very sorry to hear that. The first part that is.

parallaxpig

• Hogvillian
  • Man that ball got outta here in a hurry.
« Reply #9 on: January 14, 2019, 02:48:02 pm »

Jalen asked to talk tomorrow (Monday) so I'll respect that. But, I can pass along some intel I got through various sources. I was told that the visit went really well and seemed to check all the boxes for him and the family. He didn't tip his hand on where he's leaning but I can tell you TCU feels good about the visit. That doesn't mean they're in the lead by any means, but the visit went well. Catalon's parent really like TCU and I've had a few folks tell me that's the top school for them.
I've spoken with other sources that have said out of Arkansas, Texas and TCU that the Hogs and Frogs are the top two and that Texas is trailing. Those same sources have said Texas doesn't feel real great about their chances.
TCU is going to schedule an in-home with Catalon this week with Coach Patterson. The good news for TCU in this regard is Herman and Morris have already used their in-homes with Catalon. So, TCU is the only top contender left that will have a HC in Catalon's home.

Then I would say Oklahoma is a shoo-in.........

Pudgepork

• Horse Racings most unlikely champ
« Reply #10 on: January 14, 2019, 02:51:13 pm »

Be a Hog Jalen!  Frogs is ugly, Hogs is cute n sexy.  You'll look better in red

AR Taco04

• Its gonna be Legen..... wait for it...... dary!
« Reply #11 on: January 14, 2019, 03:00:38 pm »

What position are we recruiting him to play in baseball?

Otis Kirk

• Global Moderator
« Reply #12 on: January 14, 2019, 03:05:28 pm »

I have done some checking pretty sure Hogs should get some good news unless something happens by Friday.

navyhog24

« Reply #13 on: January 14, 2019, 03:06:17 pm »

I have done some checking pretty sure Hogs should get some good news unless something happens by Friday.

I agree. Just sharing what I saw.

Rock City Razorback

« Reply #14 on: January 14, 2019, 03:12:31 pm »

Probably OF

010HogFan

• Hall of Fame Hogvillian
  • I Got Dat Wood Coach
« Reply #15 on: January 14, 2019, 04:19:22 pm »

He will be a Hog. Been hearing he's pretty much a lock for a month or two now.

MississippiHawg

• Bench Warmer
« Reply #16 on: January 14, 2019, 04:30:11 pm »

The fact that Myles Brooks is finally taking an OV makes me nervous that we won't get Catalon. With Ben Hicks committed, we would only have 1 spot left if no one else decommits. We need linebacker help so you would think that we would prefer Lakia or Sci Martin.

HawgFan4lyfe

• Bench Warmer
« Reply #17 on: January 14, 2019, 05:07:20 pm »

If we can get Catalon and L. Henry... woooo doggy!

Otis Kirk

• Global Moderator
« Reply #18 on: January 14, 2019, 05:09:36 pm »

Very sorry to hear that. The first part that is.

Thanks it all worked out. Just don't ever enter into a verbal contract with someone. Get it in writing. I learned my lesson haha.

jgphillips3

• Where are they now the little people of Stonehenge
« Reply #19 on: January 14, 2019, 05:41:31 pm »

Thanks it all worked out. Just don't ever enter into a verbal contract with someone. Get it in writing. I learned my lesson haha.

Oh yeah.  Glad it worked out.  Also glad you made it past the abuse you got when you first came on board with Hogville.  I was hoping the idiots wouldnít run you out.

Otis Kirk

• Global Moderator
« Reply #20 on: January 14, 2019, 06:58:20 pm »

The fact that Myles Brooks is finally taking an OV makes me nervous that we won't get Catalon. With Ben Hicks committed, we would only have 1 spot left if no one else decommits. We need linebacker help so you would think that we would prefer Lakia or Sci Martin.

Myles has rescheduled again. Has nothing to do with Jalen, They want them both.

Otis Kirk

• Global Moderator
« Reply #21 on: January 14, 2019, 06:59:12 pm »

It isn't for sure he will play baseball here. Hogs have told him he is free to if he wants. It isn't a 100 percent that he plays baseball though.

presidenthog

« Reply #22 on: January 14, 2019, 07:04:19 pm »

Does he qualify as a blue shirt if he never makes it here for an OV?

Is it possible we get him here as a blue shirt if we can take both catalon, and henry???

NewYorkerPorker

• Walk-On
« Reply #23 on: January 14, 2019, 11:11:39 pm »

An oral contract isn't worth the paper it's written on.

SooieGeneris

• Hogvillian
  • You don't ever want to be chasin' speed..
« Reply #24 on: January 15, 2019, 01:24:17 am »

I think it was the late Sam Goldwyn of MGM Studios who had the famous Yogi Berra like malaprop "a verbal contract isn't worth the paper it's printed on."

I had a verbal agreement with my ex-wife about child support that wasn't worth anything as it turned out, if that makes you feel any better..

SooieGeneris

• Hogvillian
  • You don't ever want to be chasin' speed..
« Reply #25 on: January 15, 2019, 01:25:39 am »

I just checked 24/7 and a Texas guy has a CB that we will like:

https://247sports.com/Season/2019-Football/TargetPredictions/

HawgFan4lyfe

• Bench Warmer
« Reply #26 on: January 15, 2019, 04:15:45 am »

I just checked 24/7 and a Texas guy has a CB that we will like:

https://247sports.com/Season/2019-Football/TargetPredictions/

That's good to hear.

longtimeHogfan

« Reply #27 on: January 15, 2019, 07:24:13 am »

.....just don't ever enter into a verbal contract with someone. Get it in writing. I learned my lesson.....

I've got one of those 'been-there-N-done-that' ribbons on my chest too.  Not a fun way to start your day. 

COCHISE

« Reply #28 on: January 15, 2019, 08:16:48 am »

Apparently they were mistaken if Morris is supposed to do an in-home with Catalon on Thursday.

MississippiHawg

• Bench Warmer
« Reply #29 on: January 15, 2019, 08:55:35 am »

If we get Jalen and keep Myles Brooks then that would mean we could not add another linebacker correct? He would be our 29th

presidenthog

« Reply #30 on: January 15, 2019, 09:00:43 am »

If we get Jalen and keep Myles Brooks then that would mean we could not add another linebacker correct? He would be our 29th

Yep and we need lakia. Im very suprised by this turn of events.

Erockster20

« Reply #31 on: January 15, 2019, 09:28:28 am »

Someone is getting left out. Question is who. Sounding to me like itís Walker.

diveplayon4thn20

« Reply #32 on: January 15, 2019, 09:34:04 am »

So what is the situation with Lakia Henry?

Not downing Brooks in any way, but Henry not only is a higher rated player, but LB is definitely a much higher position of need, both in this class as we onlyhave one LB so far , and overall teamwise.

Greenlaw has finished his eligibility and is preparing for a probable NFL future. Scoota Harris is our only terurning fulltime starter, and he has one season left barring r situation that requires him to redshirt. We have lost several players that were iin the portion of their careers where their time was coming up to start or contribute in Kyrie Fisher, Alex J. Batiste, Dee Walker, etc.. 

Have we "cooled" on him, or is it known to insiders that he is choosing another school? Eligibility issues? Just seems he is more of a need player than even Catalon, as much as we covet his signarure and as talented as he is. Does anyone here have any real insight to this scenerio, not just speculation? Thanks!    c

presidenthog

« Reply #33 on: January 15, 2019, 09:44:05 am »

So what is the situation with Lakia Henry?

Not downing Brooks in any way, but Henry not only is a higher rated player, but LB is definitely a much higher position of need, both in this class as we onlyhave one LB so far , and overall teamwise.

Greenlaw has finished his eligibility and is preparing for a probable NFL future. Scoota Harris is our only terurning fulltime starter, and he has one season left barring r situation that requires him to redshirt. We have lost several players that were iin the portion of their careers where their time was coming up to start or contribute in Kyrie Fisher, Alex J. Batiste, Dee Walker, etc.. 

Have we "cooled" on him, or is it known to insiders that he is choosing another school? Eligibility issues? Just seems he is more of a need player than even Catalon, as much as we covet his signarure and as talented as he is. Does anyone here have any real insight to this scenerio, not just speculation? Thanks!    c

We definetly want him, and need him. Scoota seems confident he is coming. We have to drop someone, or fudge some #s to get him. We are not turning him down. Period.

GA reddiehog

• Varsity
« Reply #34 on: January 15, 2019, 10:04:40 am »

All indication is he has not qualified yet.  May not know until summer, that is if he is taking his math course this semester.

isavedjazz

« Reply #35 on: January 15, 2019, 10:41:20 am »

https://247sports.com/college/arkansas/Season/2019-Football/TargetPredictions/

2 new crystal balls in to Arkansas. 1 by a Texas recruiting insider

diveplayon4thn20

« Reply #36 on: January 15, 2019, 11:47:39 am »

So if Henry signs in Febuary, and we find out after the spring semrster that he fails to qualify, do we use that scholly to go after a grad transfer, perhaps award it to a possible blueshirt or greyshirt (Myles Brooks perhaps, if he is willing to go that route rather than accept a full aschollie to another school ), award it to a deserving walkon, or can we use it in the class of 2020? Or do we lose that schollie ?Sorry for all the questions, just not completely sure I understand the rules regarding counting schollies back a class or ahead.. Thanks to anyone that can clarify this for me!)

presidenthog

« Reply #37 on: January 15, 2019, 12:10:11 pm »

So if Henry signs in Febuary, and we find out after the spring semrster that he fails to qualify, do we use that scholly to go after a grad transfer, perhaps award it to a possible blueshirt or greyshirt (Myles Brooks perhaps, if he is willing to go that route rather than accept a full aschollie to another school ), award it to a deserving walkon, or can we use it in the class of 2020? Or do we lose that schollie ?Sorry for all the questions, just not completely sure I understand the rules regarding counting schollies back a class or ahead.. Thanks to anyone that can clarify this for me!)

If brooks blue shirts he has a scholarship right away, but counts towards the following class. Its a weird rule where they call them a walk on blue shirt, but they get a schollie right away, or after 1 semester.

imtad16

« Reply #38 on: January 15, 2019, 11:38:03 pm »

Catalon, Brooks, Bush in one class is a nice talent infusion for our defensive backfield is a nice talent infusion. Chavis and Brooks have nice size as well. Love this class.

AugustaHog

« Reply #39 on: January 16, 2019, 12:26:44 am »

If we were to sign Henry and he didnít qualify, that spot is forever lost in this recruiting class.  There would be  no using that slot later on.  That is why any questionable qualifiers are waiting until Feb.  Coaches canít afford to lose valuable slots. 

Tortfeasor

« Reply #40 on: January 16, 2019, 07:33:29 am »

So does Pettway now leaving open up another slot to be used on this class?

sowmonella

• You know I'm right.
« Reply #41 on: January 16, 2019, 07:36:03 am »

So does Pettway now leaving open up another slot to be used on this class?
Nope. Just the 85 total.

RedyorNot

« Reply #42 on: January 16, 2019, 11:02:59 am »

https://247sports.com/college/arkansas/Season/2019-Football/TargetPredictions/

2 new crystal balls in to Arkansas. 1 by a Texas recruiting insider

2 more CB picks for Catalon today for the Hogs, one by a TCU Insider. Looking good!

AugustaHog

« Reply #43 on: January 16, 2019, 11:18:00 am »

Yep, I think we are going to be good on this one boys!  All of our experts think so, and all the other finalists' experts seem to agree.  I don't really think OU was a worry and the Horns seem to be set at S already.  Seeing both the Horns and TCU writers putting in CBs to the Hogs is definitely a great sign.

presidenthog

« Reply #44 on: January 16, 2019, 11:21:52 am »

2 more CB picks for Catalon today for the Hogs, one by a TCU Insider. Looking good!

He will be a hog. Dude has been silently committed to us for months. We now have to make roon for Henry, but i am ready for it to happen.

Pudgepork

• Horse Racings most unlikely champ
« Reply #45 on: January 16, 2019, 11:49:32 am »

This isn't going to be popular and it's just an idea: there's a really good wr/lb committed from Warren.  Maybe he'd play lb 1 yr until the coaches could sign about 5 for 2020?  This is relevant only if the coaches think the numbers are as thin at lb as fans do.

Of course, the coaches may intend to move a safety who is a step slow to lb and add 10 lbs.  They must have a plan to be ok with lbs transferring

WOOPIGDOOIE

• Senior
« Reply #46 on: January 17, 2019, 07:53:11 am »

This isn't going to be popular and it's just an idea: there's a really good wr/lb committed from Warren.  Maybe he'd play lb 1 yr until the coaches could sign about 5 for 2020?  This is relevant only if the coaches think the numbers are as thin at lb as fans do.

Of course, the coaches may intend to move a safety who is a step slow to lb and add 10 lbs.  They must have a plan to be ok with lbs transferring
With catalon and Myles Brooks coming in. I could see them moving Myles Mason down to LB. He was already a big bodied safety when he got here. He could easily bulk up to be a LB.

HawgFan4lyfe

• Bench Warmer
« Reply #47 on: January 17, 2019, 08:23:32 am »

Bumper Pool? I don't think I would want to risk hurting T.B.

onebadrubi

• Gold Hogvillian
« Reply #48 on: January 17, 2019, 09:36:12 am »

Bumper Pool? I don't think I would want to risk hurting T.B.

Im assuming he means alongside Harris and Pool next year. 

Been10Hog

• Senior
« Reply #49 on: January 17, 2019, 09:42:03 am »

If needed, they can do like LSU did with Devin White. Promise him RB then move him to LB. Now he is #3 player on draft board. Don't think he minds
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up

KARK
KWNA
Fox 16 Arkansas