• 10,109,761 Posts
• 404,007 Topics
• 23,071 Hogvillians
THE RULES (Read 'em!)
Quick Links
Pick'Ems:Football      Basketball      Baseball
Sister Sites:Gridiron HistoryFearless Friday
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5   Go Down

Author Topic: Post All Things-Ben Hicks is a Hog! here***Merged Threads!!!!!!!  (Read 15411 times)

redhogchilipepper

Re: Post All Things-Ben Hicks is a Hog! here***Merged Threads!!!!!!!
« Reply #150 on: January 15, 2019, 11:40:15 am »

If you leave your last school as the all time leading passer doesnít that say something about his abilities? I like this addition to our squad. He will make a difference. Blue skies are right around the corner

edemire

• Varsity
  • Author endorsed by Ronnie Brewer, Ken Hatfield
    • African-American Athletes in Arkansas: Muhammad Ali's Tour, Black Razorbacks & Other Forgotten Stories
« Reply #151 on: January 15, 2019, 12:19:07 pm »

Starts at 10:46 mark

https://soundcloud.com/hitthatline/1-15-2019a

Good stuff from Nabors and Craft. Hicks is up for the challenge of playing vs SEC competition:
"Itís a test for myself. Iím excited about the opportunity and itís gonna be a lot of fun.Ē

http://www.bestofarkansassports.com/its-a-test-for-myself-new-hogs-qb-ben-hicks-on-playing-in-the-sec/

Sponsored Ad

Hogville encourages you to do business with the following...

ronmahony

• Hall of Fame Hogvillian
  • make no mistake, it's a reckoning. Doc Holiday
« Reply #152 on: January 15, 2019, 12:20:59 pm »

I found it interesting when they discussed some of the other QBs that we might have got. They said they would take talent over experience and familiarity. I would agree with that most always, but for a 1 year thing. I think Hicks knowing Morris and his system might out weigh some talent edge. Under the circumstances, I think we did good.   
y

I agree, he obviously has talent, but to know a player and trust him,that has to mean a lot.

hogfansince79

« Reply #153 on: January 15, 2019, 12:30:25 pm »

Ben Hicks, by the numbers...

(Morris Offense)
NAME      CMP   ATT   YDS   CMP%   YDS/A   TD   INT   RAT
Ben Hicks   234   422   2930   55.5       6.9   19   15   121.5 (#95)

TD every 22.2 attempts  --  INT every 28.1 attempts

Ben Hicks   276   472   3569   58.5       7.6   33   12   140.0 (#46)

TD every 14.3 attempts  --  INT every 39.3 attempts

(Dykes Offense)
Ben Hicks   208   372   2582   55.9       6.9    19    7   127.3 (#81)

TD every 19.6 attempts  --  INT every 53.1 attempts

Career  -  9081 yds  -  71 td  -  34 int

Rushing                Sacks              Adusted Rushing (rushing - sacks)
       ATT     YDS          SACK     SYL           ATT      YDS      YPC      LNG       TD
2016   41     -83           23      -148            18        65        3.6        15        2

2017   54      47            21      -135           33       182        5.5        25        1

2018   45     -68           28       -227           17       159        9.3        51        0

http://www.espn.com/college-football/team/stats/_/id/2567/season/2018

http://www.espn.com/college-football/statistics

OnYourToes

• All-American Hogvillian
  • Train up a child in the way they should go . . .
    • Twitter
« Reply #154 on: January 15, 2019, 12:43:28 pm »

Any new coach, taking over a program that is in disarray, is always given the reasoning of:
"He needs to get his guys"
Normally  that means recruits that the new coach feels will best fit his system/scheme/mentality.

Now, with Hicks, Coach Morris literally has HIS GUY, HIS guy that ran HIS offense; IMHO, I don't think we could ask for a better fit at the QB position for Coach Morris'  system.  KB would've been great, but KB wasn't Coach Morris' guy in the most recent sense. 

This is a great get!

The QB position, in a Morris offense is the most important position, and we just got the ideal QB.
Everyone will benefit from this transfer
WR will know which routes to run, and when they don't run the right one, Hicks will tell them on the field.
RBs will know the checks and who to pick up and when to squirt out to the flat or safety route.
Oline will have proper communication to checks in the plays, audibles and blocking assignments.

In practice, our D will face a more polished attack, quicker reads, proper checks, and faster to the LOS

Our Freshmen and underclassmen QBs will get the benefit of another coach in the room and on the field; effectively acting out the proper procedures and reads. 

Will we lose some games? Yes
Will we beat Bama? No
Will we improve over last year? Yes

This QB transfer is going to help everyone with a Razorback helmet (Love that helmet) get better in 2019. 

BossHawg_Outlaw

« Reply #155 on: January 15, 2019, 12:49:22 pm »

Hicks isn't the best QB in the world but he can do just enough so we can finally see what Morris wants to run.  I can't remember ever seeing the offense in true hurry up it seemed like we looked to the sidelines and it took 30 seconds to snap the ball.  Maybe we can now get moving and get vertical.

OkieBack

« Reply #156 on: January 15, 2019, 12:58:12 pm »

They are trading Storey for Hicks.

Hicks: (2017 under Morris) 3,569 yds passing, 33 TDs.

Storey: (2018 under Morris) 1584 passing yds, 11 TDs.

So is it realistic to feel like Hicks can come into Arkansas and can throw for 2,576 passing yards and 22 TD's (just averaging)? 

If so, how many more wins would that have yielded for Arkansas this last year in 2018?  2 more wins?  4 more wins? 

I think with Hicks coming in (accompanied with the new speed at WR) it could change the dynamics of each game for us in 2019.  Obviously our O-Line needs to solidify and the Defense is going to have to get much better too, but I think Hicks will be a positive addition and will help jump start Morris's offense.  We should be a bit more competitive this coming year.

hogblitz

« Reply #157 on: January 15, 2019, 01:30:15 pm »

So you really think Hicks would have come here to play for Morris again if he didn't think he'd develop more?  He knows the coaching staff and knows what they are, and made the decision to play for him again.

Too many of you get caught up in a small subset of time, and think that projects to the whole.
Letís be real here.  It did not appear that other teams were beating the doors down to get him.  Certainly no team that plays in the BEST conference in the country against the best defenses and secondaries in the country.  People think he threw a lot of picks in that cupcake conference with 2 NFL receivers.  Hicks is going to have some kind of wake up call.   Look at the timing of the whole thing.  Everyone must have passed on us.  He announced his intention to transfer a month ago and we take him 2 days before classes start.  He lucked out that we were so desperate or he would have been lucky to have transferred and started at even a non power 5 school.  I believe that Morris really preferred to not sign him but if you are going to scrape the bottom of the barrel then you might as well sign someone of whom you have a close relationship with. But, I guess thatís the hand you are dealt when your team takes a nose dive the last half of the year. 

I guess all we can do at this point is support Hicks and Morris and hope for the best.  HOPE is all we have because nothing concerning Hicks OR the Head Coach and his offensive staff have given any indication that they can compete in this league.   None of them have a high level resume to hold the jobs they possess at such a high level of play.  Anything can happen in life.  Maybe they will put it all together.  Thatís my hope anyway! 

jgphillips3

• Where are they now the little people of Stonehenge
« Reply #158 on: January 15, 2019, 01:34:14 pm »

Letís be real here.  It did not appear that other teams were beating the doors down to get him.  Certainly no team that plays in the BEST conference in the country against the best defenses and secondaries in the country.  People think he threw a lot of picks in that cupcake conference with 2 NFL receivers.  Hicks is going to have some kind of wake up call.   Look at the timing of the whole thing.  Everyone must have passed on us.  He announced his intention to transfer a month ago and we take him 2 days before classes start.  He lucked out that we were so desperate or he would have been lucky to have transferred and started at even a non power 5 school.  I believe that Morris really preferred to not sign him but if you are going to scrape the bottom of the barrel then you might as well sign someone of whom you have a close relationship with. But, I guess thatís the hand you are dealt when your team takes a nose dive the last half of the year. 

I guess all we can do at this point is support Hicks and Morris and hope for the best.  HOPE is all we have because nothing concerning Hicks OR the Head Coach and his offensive staff have given any indication that they can compete in this league.   None of them have a high level resume to hold the jobs they possess at such a high level of play.  Anything can happen in life.  Maybe they will put it all together.  Thatís my hope anyway! 

If he can be at least what Casey Dick was in 2008, along with it being year two for the offensive install, that could equal 5 to 7 wins.  Sure, he isn't going to make us a threat for Atlanta, but if he can run the offense without training wheels and give KJ a year to develop, that's all we need.

hogfansince79

« Reply #159 on: January 15, 2019, 01:35:48 pm »

this is just lame...   smh

OkieBack

« Reply #160 on: January 15, 2019, 02:19:30 pm »

Good stuff from Nabors and Craft. Hicks is up for the challenge of playing vs SEC competition:
"Itís a test for myself. Iím excited about the opportunity and itís gonna be a lot of fun.Ē

http://www.bestofarkansassports.com/its-a-test-for-myself-new-hogs-qb-ben-hicks-on-playing-in-the-sec/

This is a great addition and will essentially be like having a Senior QB who has run the same system for 3 years and can direct traffic and teach these new receivers on and off the field.  After his 1 year of playing at Arkansas if he becomes a GA...that in itself will be a major victory in working with the up-and-coming QB's.  This is a good day for Razorback Football. 

OkieBack

« Reply #161 on: January 15, 2019, 02:33:19 pm »

If he can be at least what Casey Dick was in 2008, along with it being year two for the offensive install, that could equal 5 to 7 wins.  Sure, he isn't going to make us a threat for Atlanta, but if he can run the offense without training wheels and give KJ a year to develop, that's all we need.

Just what I read off 247 Sports...SMU "for 2018, Hicks finished with 2,582 yards, 19 touchdowns and seven interceptions".  Compare that to Ty's record last year at Arkansas...it's quite an improvement.  And those stats on Hicks are for only what, 9 games?  Had Hicks played every game last season he would have thrown for over 3,000 yards.  Not too shabby. 

The SEC will be an equalizer no doubt, however you can't look at bringing in Ben Hicks to Arkansas as anything but an improvement.  How much of an improvement time will tell.  But I for one am optimistic and glad to have him on board to work with the team. 

Wildhog

« Reply #162 on: January 15, 2019, 02:39:32 pm »

Just what I read off 247 Sports...SMU "for 2018, Hicks finished with 2,582 yards, 19 touchdowns and seven interceptions".  Compare that to Ty's record last year at Arkansas...it's quite an improvement.  And those stats on Hicks are for only what, 9 games?  Had Hicks played every game last season he would have thrown for over 3,000 yards.  Not too shabby. 

The SEC will be an equalizer no doubt, however you can't look at bringing in Ben Hicks to Arkansas as anything but an improvement.  How much of an improvement time will tell.  But I for one am optimistic and glad to have him on board to work with the team. 

Pretty sure Hicks played in every game in '18.  Ty played in 10 games.

Paul

• Surfing the web at Hogville.net
« Reply #163 on: January 15, 2019, 02:46:07 pm »

The 2014 Elite 11 runner-up. Not bad. Just remember who was in that class!

https://www.elite11.com/2014elite11
  I read through that & didn't see him finishing 2nd.  where was that?

mckinneyhog5

« Reply #164 on: January 15, 2019, 03:02:17 pm »

All I saw was..
MVP-BLAKE BARNETT
MOST ACCURATE-JOSH ROSEN
BEST ATHLETE-KYLER MURRAY

Grizzlyfan

« Reply #165 on: January 15, 2019, 03:04:17 pm »

They are trading Storey for Hicks.

Hicks: (2017 under Morris) 3,569 yds passing, 33 TDs.*

Storey: (2018 under Morris) 1584 passing yds, 11 TDs.
*With Courtland Sutton running routes.

Wildhog

« Reply #166 on: January 15, 2019, 03:06:30 pm »

*With Courtland Sutton running routes.

That's also comparing Storey's first year under Morris and Hicks' third year.  Not exactly apples to apples.

OkieBack

« Reply #167 on: January 15, 2019, 03:15:22 pm »

Pretty sure Hicks played in every game in '18.  Ty played in 10 games.

Thought Dykes benched Hicks for three games.  May be Hicks just wasn't the starter but played?

Either way I hope it give Hicks and the Arkansas offense a fresh start in 2019.  It will be interesting to look at the receiving corp coming into Arkansas and compare it to what Hicks had in 2017 at SMU. 

Wildhog

« Reply #168 on: January 15, 2019, 03:17:00 pm »

Thought Dykes benched Hicks for three games.  May be Hicks just wasn't the starter but played?

Either way I hope it give Hicks and the Arkansas offense a fresh start in 2019.  It will be interesting to look at the receiving corp coming into Arkansas and compare it to what Hicks had in 2017 at SMU. 

Yeah, he got benched for freshman William Brown, but he did play in those games. 

It'll be nice having a guy that knows the offense.  Hopefully he really helps the younger guys, especially if we're counting on KJ taking over as a RS FR.

jgphillips3

• Where are they now the little people of Stonehenge
« Reply #169 on: January 15, 2019, 03:42:57 pm »

I am very optimistic.  Let's also not forget that he will be throwing to five new receivers who all have a shot at the NFL barring injury and two of those, Knox, Henry and Burks are almost locks to play on Sunday if they stay healthy.  TQ and Nash are also very good.  If the line can protect at all, we should put some yards up through the air next year.

Paul

« Reply #170 on: January 15, 2019, 05:12:17 pm »

So, you think Kliff Kingsbury (Arizona Cardinals HC) and Tom Herman (Texas HC) were trippin?

At the Elite 11, he started over Josh Rosen and finished 2nd, ahead of Stidham, Drew Lock, Kyler & Murray amongst other.
that was not a rank order list that was posted. It was a list of QBs whose teams were playing in the finals

urkillnmesmalls

• Experience: You get it just after you needed it!
« Reply #171 on: January 16, 2019, 07:51:23 am »

I am very optimistic.  Let's also not forget that he will be throwing to five new receivers who all have a shot at the NFL barring injury and two of those, Knox, Henry and Burks are almost locks to play on Sunday if they stay healthy.  TQ and Nash are also very good.  If the line can protect at all, we should put some yards up through the air next year.

Locks for the NFL?  That's what gets our fanbase up in arms, are hearing about how great these HS players are, and then wondering why they don't excel in the SEC.  I haven't rearched these kids you're referencing, but to say they're locks for the NFL, after the kids we've seen HV salivate over, that can't even crack the starting lineup, I'll believe it when I see it. 

I do think people underestimate what it means to have EXCEPTIONAL WR's, as a QB.  Hicks was throwing to NFL caliber WR's at SMU, and that matters. 

Everyone wants these 6'4" lanky kids at WR, and that's great...you need those.  BUT...look at what NE does.  They get a guy or two who are some of the QUICKEST guys in a 20 yard dash, and can change directions on a dime, and they throw quick routes to them for 10 yards at a clip..BECAUSE they are easier throws, and they have separation.  Drew Morgan types....   There's more than one way to skin a cat. 

LZH

• Gold Hogvillian
  • Tight but Loose
« Reply #172 on: January 16, 2019, 09:06:49 am »

It's too bad that none of our QB's worked out last year.  But some of that is due to play all over the offense.

If your linemen are not on the same page, or whiffing on blocks in pass protection....if your RB doesn't pick up a blitz....if you are having bend over to scoop the snap up off the turf and then your WR's are three or more yards away from where you expect to look up and see them, it makes it awfully hard for a QB to succeed - especially in this conference.

Al Boarland

« Reply #173 on: January 16, 2019, 09:14:12 am »

The likelihood of everyone in the recruiting class contributing early is incredibly low.  WR or any other position.

Superhog1959

« Reply #174 on: January 16, 2019, 09:19:26 am »

It's too bad that none of our QB's worked out last year.  But some of that is due to play all over the offense.

If your linemen are not on the same page, or whiffing on blocks in pass protection....if your RB doesn't pick up a blitz....if you are having bend over to scoop the snap up off the turf and then your WR's are three or more yards away from where you expect to look up and see them, it makes it awfully hard for a QB to succeed - especially in this conference.
So true. I think we get better Oline play, we could see a totally different team.

LZH

• Gold Hogvillian
  • Tight but Loose
« Reply #175 on: January 16, 2019, 09:40:04 am »

So true. I think we get better Oline play, we could see a totally different team.

And unfortunately, that's the one position group that I'm not sure how much improvement there will be this year.  There's alot of big & strong guys who can fire off and hit someone, but technique/hands/footwork, etc. all take time and lots of reps (and proper coaching) to be SEC-ready....I'd say moreso than any other position.  But, there may be a few who will be much better or maybe it will be a new guy or two.  I sure hope so.  If not, Hicks may not look much better than anything we saw last year.

DoctorSusscrofa

« Reply #176 on: January 16, 2019, 11:31:27 am »

And unfortunately, that's the one position group that I'm not sure how much improvement there will be this year.  There's alot of big & strong guys who can fire off and hit someone, but technique/hands/footwork, etc. all take time and lots of reps (and proper coaching) to be SEC-ready....I'd say moreso than any other position.  But, there may be a few who will be much better or maybe it will be a new guy or two.  I sure hope so.  If not, Hicks may not look much better than anything we saw last year.

This.  It's hard to make major improvement if the lines aren't where you're improving.  If a couple of people make a step up, it could happen.  But I'm not expecting a great improvement.

CaptainHog

• Band Nerd
« Reply #177 on: January 16, 2019, 12:20:23 pm »

Well just to be in that particular group of the Elite 11 is very impressive.   I think he'll be able to help get the culture where it needs to be and be very serviceable at the QB position.  I think that plus the 2 JC lineman coming in and here early can make a big difference for the entire offense.   

I think 6 wins is definitely in the ball park...

AirWarren

• Football impotence of the Midwest
« Reply #178 on: January 16, 2019, 12:23:10 pm »

Well just to be in that particular group of the Elite 11 is very impressive.   I think he'll be able to help get the culture where it needs to be and be very serviceable at the QB position.  I think that plus the 2 JC lineman coming in and here early can make a big difference for the entire offense.   

I think 6 wins is definitely in the ball park...

1. Knowledge of playbook.
2. Leadership.
3. Better passer than Cole and Ty.
4. Not have to rely on a unproven Freshman at this point.

I think that those are great takeaways from this transfer.

hawgwash

« Reply #179 on: January 16, 2019, 01:20:14 pm »

Very well said.  I've been meaning to post something along those lines.  I'm optimistic we'll see improvement at QB next year.  The best comparison is Hicks in 2018 vs. Storey in 2018.  Both RS Jr's.  Both first year in a new offense with a new HC.  Without the two NFL receivers at SMU.  And while SMU is in the AAC, not the SEC, Hicks was playing with AAC teammates, as Ty was playing with SEC teammates.  With all that said, which do you prefer?

Passing Yards: 2582 vs. 1584
TDs: 19 vs. 11
Ints: 7 vs. 10

007 License To Squeal

• Global Moderator
  • Fmr USAF Combat Crew Titan II Launch Crew Member
« Reply #180 on: January 16, 2019, 02:48:29 pm »

Missouri gets Kelly Bryant.  Oklahoma gets Jalen Hurts.  We get a mediocre quarterback from a terrible SMU team,  and everyone is ecstatic.  This fan base has really fallen. 

Are you serious????? There is no way in hades that either Bryant or Hurts would come here in our present state of affairs.  Therefore, we should be happy that the program can attract anyone right now......

HogHomer

« Reply #181 on: January 16, 2019, 02:58:13 pm »

How much will the knowledge of Hicks help the oline? Getting protection calls in faster. Speeding up our rate of play being able to actually catch a defense on their back foot will help these linemen tremendously. Ty did what he could but we were so slow in executing our offense defenses had time to get set for 5-10 seconds before we even had a play in. With a QB that you don't have to second guess his knowledge you can focus on the rest of the offense clicking.

KVG

HICKS/SMU vs TCU 2017
« Reply #182 on: January 16, 2019, 03:48:09 pm »

1 week after Arkansas managed 7 points vs TCU in 2017, SMU scored 36 against them with Hicks at QB.

https://youtu.be/yT4iXHxTSvk

CaptainHog

• Band Nerd
Re: HICKS/SMU vs TCU 2017
« Reply #183 on: January 16, 2019, 04:13:37 pm »

Trying to imagine this with our new weapons...plus a healthy Rakeem Boyd..

psychhog

« Reply #184 on: January 16, 2019, 04:31:41 pm »

I think a full off season with a #1 qb who has a lot of experience, not only in this system but with these exact coaches, will be a huge step forward for this team. Also he had a pretty good amount of success running this offense. We know he didnít play in the sec, but his soph year they did play several ranked teams that they were relatively competitive with and the offense wasnít what kept them from winning those games as they put up a lot of yards and points.

LZH

• Gold Hogvillian
  • Tight but Loose
« Reply #185 on: January 16, 2019, 05:21:57 pm »

How much will the knowledge of Hicks help the oline? Getting protection calls in faster. Speeding up our rate of play being able to actually catch a defense on their back foot will help these linemen tremendously. Ty did what he could but we were so slow in executing our offense defenses had time to get set for 5-10 seconds before we even had a play in. With a QB that you don't have to second guess his knowledge you can focus on the rest of the offense clicking.

Fair point....

RedSkiesAtNightHog

« Reply #186 on: January 16, 2019, 05:24:07 pm »

Based on watching this video, Ben Hicks gets rid of the ball quickly, and he knows where to go.  Hicks also has a good arm for deeper passes.  He seems very confident running this offense.

Ben Hicks gives Arkansas a chance to go on the road and beat Ole Miss in week 2.  The probation scholarship sanctions should affect Ole Miss this year. 

If that happens, Arkansas could start the season 4-0 going into the Texas A&M game in Arlington!

Portland State - W
@ Ole Miss - W
Colorado State - W
San Jose State - W
Texas A&M - ?

Imagine how fired up the Arkansas fan base would be for that scenario!  Ben Hicks takes command of the offense and the Hogs have a legitimate shot vs the Aggies!

bythelake

« Reply #187 on: January 16, 2019, 05:28:05 pm »

Based on watching this video, Ben Hicks gets rid of the ball quickly, and he knows where to go.  Hicks also has a good arm for deeper passes.  He seems very confident running this offense.

Ben Hicks gives Arkansas a chance to go on the road and beat Ole Miss in week 2.  The probation scholarship sanctions should affect Ole Miss this year. 

If that happens, Arkansas could start the season 4-0 going into the Texas A&M game in Arlington!

Portland State - W
@ Ole Miss - W
Colorado State - W
San Jose State - W
Texas A&M - ?

Imagine how fired up the Arkansas fan base would be for that scenario!  Ben Hicks takes command of the offense and the Hogs have a legitimate shot vs the Aggies!

I like it.

LZH

• Gold Hogvillian
  • Tight but Loose
« Reply #188 on: January 16, 2019, 05:32:30 pm »

Trying to imagine this with our new weapons...plus a healthy Rakeem Boyd..

Try to imagine Arkansas losing to The Citadel.....plus opiates and alcohol.

That last part I threw in................just get me off 666...............

Hog Fan...DOH!

• Your site for Razorback news.
« Reply #189 on: January 16, 2019, 05:34:58 pm »

Let's not get OVERLY excited about true freshmen WRs. 

247Hog

« Reply #190 on: January 16, 2019, 05:38:42 pm »

Ben Hicks does alot more for us than many give credit. He can actually make a team pay when they load up the box and force us to throw.

brenthog

• Senior
« Reply #191 on: January 16, 2019, 05:43:08 pm »

Let's not get OVERLY excited about true freshmen WRs.

WR's if skilled should be fine as Freshman. They just won't usually be able to run the whole route tree.

If not strong they are also known to get jammed at the line, but motion helps with that.

Pig in the Pokey

• Gold Hogvillian
  • Roastin da bomb in Fayettenam.
« Reply #192 on: January 16, 2019, 06:57:03 pm »

Here you go, Boss. I always keep it real.  https://bleacherreport.com/articles/2120822-elite-11-2014-latest-results-rankings-highlights-and-analysis

All I saw was..
MVP-BLAKE BARNETT
MOST ACCURATE-JOSH ROSEN
BEST ATHLETE-KYLER MURRAY

Boardon Hamsay

• Gold Hogvillian
  • Eponymous Keeper of the War Damn Mockingbird Unis
« Reply #193 on: January 16, 2019, 07:19:13 pm »

Let's not get OVERLY excited, thereís still question marks all over the OL.

Fixt

hawgdavis

« Reply #194 on: January 16, 2019, 07:26:15 pm »

The Hawgman

« Reply #195 on: January 16, 2019, 07:39:42 pm »

Portland State - W
@ Ole Miss - W
Colorado State - W
San Jose State - W
Texas A&M - ?

I just watched the first half and Hicks did some good things but I saw flashbacks of our playcalling last year and kinda lost some optimism.
But maybe just my thinking and we will learn what misdirection is.

NorthDallas40

• Varsity
« Reply #196 on: January 16, 2019, 07:48:59 pm »

Hog and national champion UCF fan here. The reason why Milton finished top 10 in the Heisman is not because he has the strongest arm but because he makes split second perfect decisions and throws to the correct receiver every time. Hicks should bring that same thing which should pay huge dividends. But letís be realistic itís the Hogs so it wonít.
« Last Edit: January 16, 2019, 08:12:31 pm by NorthDallas40 »

urkillnmesmalls

« Reply #197 on: January 16, 2019, 08:42:31 pm »

Who stands out on that list...is Ricky Town.  That just goes to show...making that list doesn't insure anything.   

urkillnmesmalls

« Reply #198 on: January 16, 2019, 08:59:42 pm »

Manziel wouldn't have been the player he was without being able to just throw it up to Evans to get bailed out every time he got in trouble. 

Not saying Hicks isn't better than our other options at the moment, but there's a huge advantage to throwing to NFL caliber receivers, when the secondary they're playing against is AAC talent.  Again...separation is HUGE.  Take that away...and the skills needed to excel at QB go up incrementally.  I will be STUNNED if we have 2 NFL caliber WR's out there next year.  I get it...we may have some eventual NFL talent on the way, but not as Fr. 

I just hope he's effective enough to make the defense play honest, and our O-Line is improved enough that we can get the running game going. 

Last time I checked...he's not going to be playing defense, so it's not like this is the answer to all of our problems.   ;D

TexHog188

• Touchdown Arkansas!
« Reply #199 on: January 16, 2019, 09:17:24 pm »

I think Hicks to AR is a big positive, but the problem I see is the inconsistency in his game and the loss yards to sacks. He has several games where he has comp % in the 60-70% range, then several in the 40s.  Would love to see and do expect that part of his game improve.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5   Go Up

KARK
KWNA
Fox 16 Arkansas