• 10,109,796 Posts
• 404,008 Topics
• 23,071 Hogvillians
THE RULES (Read 'em!)
Quick Links
Pick'Ems:Football      Basketball      Baseball
Sister Sites:Gridiron HistoryFearless Friday
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Why Nick Saban's Staff Turnover Is Good News For Arkansas  (Read 3582 times)

Grizzlyfan

• Hall of Fame Hogvillian
  • Surfing the web at Hogville.net
Re: Why Nick Saban's Staff Turnover Is Good News For Arkansas
« Reply #50 on: January 14, 2019, 10:00:45 am »

The deification of Dabo Swinney is getting kind of funny.  I guess nobody noticed the sideline of the championship game when he was red-faced, screaming at an assistant to "do your damn job".  You can't tell me that Swinney's approach and expectations are that much different than Sabans.  With an occasional prayer meeting mixed in.

sevenof400

• Is it too late to remember what was best in life?
« Reply #51 on: January 14, 2019, 10:15:34 am »

The deification of Dabo Swinney is getting kind of funny.  I guess nobody noticed the sideline of the championship game when he was red-faced, screaming at an assistant to "do your damn job".  You can't tell me that Swinney's approach and expectations are that much different than Sabans.  With an occasional prayer meeting mixed in.

They aren't.  Maybe a few extra doughnuts and pizzas tossed in. 
Clearly, Dabo is the next best coach to Saban and in fact the gap between the two may be very thin (and getting thinner). 

I still hope when Saban retires, Alabama finds a way to bring Dabo home.....just like Paul William himself....

Sponsored Ad

Hogville encourages you to do business with the following...

HotlantaHog

« Reply #52 on: January 14, 2019, 10:30:18 am »

I agree with the OP that huge staff turnover year after year is going to take a toll on Alabama. At one point, I figured Saban was like Bobby Petrino but with much better talent -- that is, a micromanager so it didn't really matter how much his staff contributes -- they are all taking lessons from Saban. I still think that is the case to an extent, but it's obvious the staff does contribute some -- you saw flashes of different approaches from various offensive coordinators, less so on defense -- though it's obvious from watching Kirby Smart at UGa that Smart was a super talented coach in his own regard.

Who benefits? Basically, it opens the door to every SEC team, though the most likely beneficiary in the very short term would be Georgia, since the Dogs are the closest to Bama in the SEC right now. The SEC West seems pretty wide open after Bama, but certainly Arkansas could be in the mix to compete in a couple years.

Con el Cerdos

« Reply #53 on: January 14, 2019, 09:13:49 pm »

Dabo isn't the only person in coaching that has faith.  I'm pretty sure G_d nor Jesus cares about college football.

Yes, They love the individuals involved, but I'm convinced They could not care less if Bama or Clemson goes 0-12 or 15-0.

PonderinHog

• Gold Hogvillian
  • Go Hogs and Go Mike Anderson!
« Reply #54 on: January 14, 2019, 10:17:03 pm »

Yes, They love the individuals involved, but I'm convinced They could not care less if Bama or Clemson goes 0-12 or 15-0.
But Notre Dame is a different story altogether!

hawgdavis

« Reply #55 on: January 14, 2019, 10:39:38 pm »

Dabo isn't the only person in coaching that has faith.  I'm pretty sure G_d nor Jesus cares about college football.

You didnít read a word the poster said cause if you had you would understand he didnít say that they care or donít care about football and that just because someone has faith or a relationship with God or Jesus that they will win championships. Take your time and read what the poster typed again and leave religion out of it and put his faith in it and you may see something different.

I however do believe that the lords faithful servants will be rewarded. I have been truly blessed far more than I deserve. Sure Iíve had plenty of disappointment and pain, much of it was my on fault but I have always always always kept my faith, and was able to somehow find my way back for this time to what I now consider a truly blessed life. Who know what tomorrow will bring and weíre not promised tomorrow so I had rather live by faith and believe there is something greater than not and find out there is when itís too late.

Just read it again.

Con el Cerdos

« Reply #56 on: January 15, 2019, 04:07:51 pm »

But Notre Dame is a different story altogether!

Forgot about them!

sevenof400

• Is it too late to remember what was best in life?
« Reply #57 on: January 15, 2019, 06:55:31 pm »

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up

KARK
KWNA
Fox 16 Arkansas