File 13 > Trash

Who is it?

(1/1)

HogsBalls:
Hearing one of our coaches is a candidate for an SEC East school. Who is it?

hoggusamoungus:

--- Quote from: HogsBalls on January 11, 2019, 03:13:44 pm ---Hearing one of our coaches is a candidate for an SEC East school. Who is it?

--- End quote ---

Vandy just lost their OC/running back coach to Utah so they have an open spot.

Wildhog:
John Scott and USCe.

SooieGeneris:

--- Quote from: Wildhog on January 11, 2019, 03:20:40 pm ---John Scott and USCe.

--- End quote ---

That's interesting. Both when he was hired here and retained by CM, the naysayers on here were saying he couldn't coach a wild bear to relieve himself in the woods..

Wildhog:

--- Quote from: SooieGeneris on January 11, 2019, 04:13:59 pm ---That's interesting. Both when he was hired here and retained by CM, the naysayers on here were saying he couldn't coach a wild bear to relieve himself in the woods..

--- End quote ---

Frankly, I'd be fine with him going.  Let Caldwell coach the whole DL and bring in an actual ST coordinator.

UnknownNobody:

--- Quote from: Wildhog on January 11, 2019, 04:18:19 pm ---Frankly, I'd be fine with him going.  Let Caldwell coach the whole DL and bring in an actual ST coordinator.

--- End quote ---


So you're fine with one of our best recruiters leaving? Not me.

Wildhog:

--- Quote from: UnknownNobody on January 11, 2019, 04:21:47 pm ---
So you're fine with one of our best recruiters leaving? Not me.

--- End quote ---

In what universe is Scott one of our best recruiters?

26.2Hog:

--- Quote from: Wildhog on January 11, 2019, 04:18:19 pm ---Frankly, I'd be fine with him going.  Let Caldwell coach the whole DL and bring in an actual ST coordinator.

--- End quote ---

Yes, please.

Dwight_K_Shrute:
I think John Scott Jr is a good coach, but him leaving wouldn't be make or break.  Also he's from South Carolina and played college ball at Western Carolina.  What I liked most about him is that he was very honest with CM about the shape of the program and what was going on.  I think he made it a point to let CM know and that was before the decision was made to retain him.

I do think Caldwell could handle coaching all of the DL and if that allowed CM to hire a good ST coordinator or a solid coach in some other area, great. 

ricepig:

--- Quote from: Wildhog on January 11, 2019, 04:18:19 pm ---Frankly, I'd be fine with him going.  Let Caldwell coach the whole DL and bring in an actual ST coordinator who is a stud recruiter.

--- End quote ---
FIFY

HogsInaBlanket:
John Scott was heavily involved in the Dline recruiting class we have coming in. I don't think you want to lose this guy.

Tommy:
WR coach will get offers back east as well

UnknownNobody:

--- Quote from: Wildhog on January 11, 2019, 04:22:28 pm ---In what universe is Scott one of our best recruiters?

--- End quote ---

In the one we all exist in but you seem to be clueless about.

UnknownNobody:

--- Quote from: HogsInaBlanket on January 11, 2019, 05:15:52 pm ---John Scott was heavily involved in the Dline recruiting class we have coming in. I don't think you want to lose this guy.

--- End quote ---


Agreed. Others believe he is hot garbage and would be happy to see him go.

ricepig:

--- Quote from: HogsInaBlanket on January 11, 2019, 05:15:52 pm ---John Scott was heavily involved in the Dline recruiting class we have coming in. I don't think you want to lose this guy.

--- End quote ---

Who? You might want to look up the lead recruiters for those D-linemen. Dante Walker, is the only one he's listed as the lead recruiter.
https://247sports.com/Coach/John-Scott-Jr-1691/

Wildhog:

--- Quote from: ricepig on January 11, 2019, 05:22:04 pm ---Who? You might want to look up the lead recruiters for those D-linemen. Dante Walker, is the only one he's listed as the lead recruiter.
https://247sports.com/Coach/John-Scott-Jr-1691/


--- End quote ---

Well, at least you pay attention.  :)

Wildhog:

--- Quote from: HogsInaBlanket on January 11, 2019, 05:15:52 pm ---John Scott was heavily involved in the Dline recruiting class we have coming in. I don't think you want to lose this guy.

--- End quote ---

He really wasn’t.

Großer Kriegschwein:

--- Quote from: ricepig on January 11, 2019, 05:11:34 pm ---FIFY

--- End quote ---

Ron Zook available?

ricepig:

--- Quote from: Großer Kriegschwein on January 11, 2019, 07:00:18 pm ---Ron Zook available?

--- End quote ---

Uh huh, just fired.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2019/01/10/ron-zook-out-as-packers-remake-staff/

Beardog:

--- Quote from: ricepig on January 11, 2019, 05:22:04 pm ---Who? You might want to look up the lead recruiters for those D-linemen. Dante Walker, is the only one he's listed as the lead recruiter.
https://247sports.com/Coach/John-Scott-Jr-1691/

--- End quote ---

You don’t think he had any involvement recruiting players at his position? Because 247 says so?

Großer Kriegschwein:

--- Quote from: ricepig on January 11, 2019, 07:08:52 pm ---Uh huh, just fired.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2019/01/10/ron-zook-out-as-packers-remake-staff/

--- End quote ---

I was actually kidding........

Wow.

Lol

snf6278:

--- Quote from: Tommy on January 11, 2019, 05:17:07 pm ---WR coach will get offers back east as well

--- End quote ---
I don't see Stepp leaving. Not with the group of WRs we have coming in. I'm not say he won't eventually leave but I don't think he leaves this year.

hogcam:
Scott would be the one assistant that I wouldn’t mind losing. JMO

tusked:

Replace him with Brian Early.  Better coach.

bville_hog:
you guys asking for a ST coordinator are just dreaming.  When is the last time you have heard of one anywhere, let alone here?  Even when they added an extra assistant we did not get one.  I am thinking there is no such thing.

wpstexan:

--- Quote from: bville_hog on January 11, 2019, 11:10:09 pm ---you guys asking for a ST coordinator are just dreaming.  When is the last time you have heard of one anywhere, let alone here?  Even when they added an extra assistant we did not get one.  I am thinking there is no such thing.

--- End quote ---
Smiley the Clown was ST coordinator

LRRandy:

--- Quote from: Dominicanhog on January 12, 2019, 07:36:40 am ---Morris to OC at Georgia?

--- End quote ---
is that a lateral move?

ricepig:

--- Quote from: Beardog on January 11, 2019, 08:21:45 pm ---You don’t think he had any involvement recruiting players at his position? Because 247 says so?

--- End quote ---

Involvement, sure, but do I think they would still choose Arkansas if he wasn't on the staff, yes I do. Now, do you?

Beardog:

--- Quote from: ricepig on January 12, 2019, 09:10:38 am ---Involvement, sure, but do I think they would still choose Arkansas if he wasn't on the staff, yes I do. Now, do you?

--- End quote ---

I imagine a commitment would like his recruiter as much as the guy that coaches him every day.  I know that if I committed 4 years of my life sitting in a position group at a school, I’d hope that we connected.


Now I just went to little UCA so I didn’t have the recruiting experience of these kids and we didn’t have social media like this either so maybe things have changed.

ricepig:

--- Quote from: Beardog on January 12, 2019, 10:35:57 am ---I imagine a commitment would like his recruiter as much as the guy that coaches him every day.  I know that if I committed 4 years of my life sitting in a position group at a school, I’d hope that we connected.


Now I just went to little UCA so I didn’t have the recruiting experience of these kids and we didn’t have social media like this either so maybe things have changed.


--- End quote ---

Well, Jackson is the only DT listed, so the others on that list will be coached by Caldwell.

HoopS:

--- Quote from: tusked on January 11, 2019, 10:38:00 pm ---Replace him with Brian Early.  Better coach.

--- End quote ---
tes please.

UnknownNobody:

--- Quote from: ricepig on January 12, 2019, 10:40:19 am ---Well, Jackson is the only DT listed, so the others on that list will be coached by Caldwell.

--- End quote ---

Wrong, they have already talked about moving  Gregory and Clay inside to the 3Tech.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version
Mobile View