• 10,057,080 Posts
• 402,613 Topics
• 23,008 Hogvillians
THE RULES (Read 'em!)
Quick Links
Pick'Ems:Football      Basketball      Baseball
Sister Sites:Gridiron HistoryFearless Friday
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down

Author Topic: Enos to Miami  (Read 4504 times)

5Ringz

• Walk-On
  • Surfing the web at Hogville.net
Re: Enos to Miami
« Reply #50 on: January 11, 2019, 01:15:35 pm »

Simply root for the offense to be good but the defense to suck.

That’ll be hard when the defense was Top 5 last season. It was built by Diaz and the entire defensive staff is still in place but with promoted titles.

COCHISE

« Reply #51 on: January 11, 2019, 01:30:18 pm »

Feels like a house-cleaning at 'bama.
Yep. Not sure Enos had the option of staying at Bama. Probably gonna be several more coaches gone in the coming days/weeks.

Sponsored Ad

Hogville encourages you to do business with the following...

moses_007

• Gold Hogvillian
  • Bring the Wood!
« Reply #52 on: January 11, 2019, 01:44:48 pm »

Now if Saban will just retire with his tens of millions.

The Kig

• All-American Hogvillian
  • Hogville Heroes
« Reply #53 on: January 11, 2019, 01:46:29 pm »

Yep. Not sure Enos had the option of staying at Bama. Probably gonna be several more coaches gone in the coming days/weeks.

During the game, they talked about the number of Bama coaches that had turned over in the last few years.  Seems like I recall 20+ over 4 years, but not positive on the number. 

Regardless, the lack of continuity in coaches combined with players leaving for the NFL was storm brewing that would eventually be a problem.  I would happily take a 14-1 "problem", but the point was valid. 

The wheels aren't coming off in Tuscaloosa... but even good wheels start to wobble eventually. 

isavedjazz

« Reply #54 on: January 11, 2019, 01:47:08 pm »

Lol at all of you saying Saban showed Enos the door. He literally just promoted him to OC a few weeks ago

LAHogfan123

« Reply #55 on: January 11, 2019, 01:54:08 pm »

I've just got to ask, why do some on here root for Enos like he's the 2nd coming coming,,, sliced ham?  I just don't get it.  What has he done that's so great in your eyes, inquiring mind want to know,,,, :-\

AirWarren

• Hall of Fame Hogvillian
  • Football impotence of the Midwest
« Reply #56 on: January 11, 2019, 01:57:49 pm »

Yessir.

Good move by manny. Miami is in despair of becoming “innovative” with their offense. The talent is there, gotta put it together.

Look for Jalen to follow or at least consider it even more.

SooieGeneris

• Senior
  • You don't ever want to be chasin' speed..
« Reply #57 on: January 11, 2019, 02:01:30 pm »

Enough of this ridiculous speculation presented as fact that Enos was calling the shots in the NCG and got jettisoned..

Locksley was in the booth, clearly calling the plays.. yes, I'm sure Saban was not pleased with the pick 6 and the other INT, but I guess it's the QB coach's fault that the idiotic fake FG got stuffed?

How about them getting stuffed on 4th down 3-4 times on running plays? Yep, it's the QB coach's fault.

It is equally ridiculous to say that Enos is "worshipped" here. He is respected by most of the more objective fans, but "worshipped?" Please! You can do better than that tripe.

Reports of 'Bama's demise may be exaggerated, but cracks are starting to show more than before. Najee Harris is transferring with 2 years eligibility remaining, coaches are bailing.

Whether pushed out or not, it's not a good look and staff turnover will affect ANY program eventually, even mighty Alabama.

No way you purge the entire offensive staff after one bad game after what they did in the first 14, not even Emperor Saban.

They still had nearly 500 yards of offense in that game Monday and Saban knew going in Clemson had the best defense of anyone on their schedule this season.

Manny Diaz has made it known he was aiming high in his OC search and equally high in his search for a grad transfer QB. This might bring Hurts into the fold there, we'll see, but if 'Bama is not a sinking ship they are at least taking on some water..

There is a #firesaban hashtag on twitter. Tide fans claim it was started by Tennessee fans. I have my doubts having met enough 'Bama fans over the years. They expect to win EVERY game EVERY season and win big and woe to the coach who does not give them what they think is their birthright..

BossHawg_Outlaw

« Reply #58 on: January 11, 2019, 02:05:55 pm »

Can’t stand to have to work for Napoleon

AKA The Greatest College Football Coach Ever.  Show the man some damn respect. 

AirWarren

• Football impotence of the Midwest
« Reply #59 on: January 11, 2019, 02:09:25 pm »

Enough of this ridiculous speculation presented as fact that Enos was calling the shots in the NCG and got jettisoned..

Locksley was in the booth, clearly calling the plays.. yes, I'm sure Saban was not pleased with the pick 6 and the other INT, but I guess it's the QB coach's fault that the idiotic fake FG got stuffed?

How about them getting stuffed on 4th down 3-4 times on running plays? Yep, it's the QB coach's fault.

It is equally ridiculous to say that Enos is "worshipped" here. He is respected by most of the more objective fans, but "worshipped?" Please! You can do better than that tripe.

Reports of 'Bama's demise may be exaggerated, but cracks are starting to show more than before. Najee Harris is transferring with 2 years eligibility remaining, coaches are bailing.

Whether pushed out or not, it's not a good look and staff turnover will affect ANY program eventually, even mighty Alabama.

No way you purge the entire offensive staff after one bad game after what they did in the first 14, not even Emperor Saban.

They still had nearly 500 yards of offense in that game Monday and Saban knew going in Clemson had the best defense of anyone on their schedule this season.

Manny Diaz has made it known he was aiming high in his OC search and equally high in his search for a grad transfer QB. This might bring Hurts into the fold there, we'll see, but if 'Bama is not a sinking ship they are at least taking on some water..

There is a #firesaban hashtag on twitter. Tide fans claim it was started by Tennessee fans. I have my doubts having met enough 'Bama fans over the years. They expect to win EVERY game EVERY season and win big and woe to the coach who does not give them what they think is their birthright..

Alabama is starting to show some rust in the iron. May not last and will probably be in the playoffs again, but Saban is wearing down. You can see it all over him.

#1 STUNNA

« Reply #60 on: January 11, 2019, 02:16:01 pm »

I've just got to ask, why do some on here root for Enos like he's the 2nd coming coming,,, sliced ham?  I just don't get it.  What has he done that's so great in your eyes, inquiring mind want to know,,,, :-\
Im wanting to know also..lol

Supermark101

• Senior
  • We all need a little Love
« Reply #61 on: January 11, 2019, 02:16:55 pm »

Wow...he gave up being the OC at Bama for the OC at Miami.  So, was this move based on:

1 - cities of Miami vs Tuscaloosa (Mrs Enos may have had a vote in this)
2 - working for Diaz vs Saban
3 - SEC vs ACC
4 - Saban changed his mind about hiring him as OC
5 - $$$

I'm guessing #2, with a little of #1 thrown in.

Regardless, I'm an Enos fan and hope he does well.  And because of that, I'm glad he won't be at Bama.

Don't underestimate #5 also he might have more control of the offense at Miami. Maybe he would've been co-oc at Bama.

jackflash

« Reply #62 on: January 11, 2019, 02:28:59 pm »

this is a good hire for coach  of Miami

Con el Cerdos

« Reply #63 on: January 11, 2019, 02:31:14 pm »

I don’t buy this narrative. The people that work for him get to learn from the best to ever do it and then most of them get HC jobs. Why else would so many former HCs go there as assistants to redeem their careers?

Perhaps, you just answered your own question?

Boarcephus

• Houston, hell no we ain't forgettin!!
« Reply #64 on: January 11, 2019, 02:48:54 pm »

AKA The Greatest College Football Coach Ever.  Show the man some damn respect. 

Still not buying the GOAT line.  He's the right person at the right school at the right time. I like what Spurrier said about him, to be the greatest coach of all time, do at a place where it's never been done before. 

Hogs-n-Roses

• Coming to a Stadium Near You!
« Reply #65 on: January 11, 2019, 02:52:19 pm »

The only thing that will help us or any other team is for the possible incoming recruits to get wise and so many of them allowing themselves to be a gene pool. They have so many over there on the bench to choose from that its ridiculous. Many are wasted and lose their carreers listening to the Cyborg Saban and his bama regime.

010HogFan

• I Got Dat Wood Coach
« Reply #66 on: January 11, 2019, 03:17:59 pm »

Once again, Enos is nothing special. It's like you guys didn't even watch the games when he was here. On second thought, maybe that was smart.

HognitiveDissonance

• Surfing the web at Hogville.net
« Reply #67 on: January 11, 2019, 03:26:33 pm »

Isn't this a will smith song?
Yea, just change a few words:

Party in the evening when the heat is on
All night on the beach til the break of dawn
Welcome to Miami
Enos to Miami

I like it

Dwight_K_Shrute

• Gold Hogvillian
  • Follow @fakewallyhall.
    • Missing your favorite thread?  It's probably in Vents and Rumors
« Reply #68 on: January 11, 2019, 04:11:53 pm »

Dan is a good coach and a good guy.  I'm not saying he's elite but he's good. Our offense was fine under DE but the longer he was here the worse the defense and the O line got. Neither were DE's fault.

Tua had a very good year, but struggle against elite defenses.  Is that DE's fault or could it be because Bama's schedule was soft and Tua wasn't challenged often.

Dan will do fine at Miami.  May not break records but will be fine.  He will make good coin and if Miami succeeds he will probably get some HC offers in a year or two.  Diaz is smart bringing DE in if he gets him Jalent Hurts.  It sets them up to have a good transition year and get that positive traction.

Ex-Trumpet

• Gold Hogvillian
  • When life gives you lemons, get a boob job!
« Reply #69 on: January 11, 2019, 04:28:02 pm »

Butch has such a punchable face

What could you possibly find punchable about this face?

Hog N Bama

« Reply #70 on: January 11, 2019, 04:30:13 pm »

Wish him well, but I remember games we played under BB where we were badly managed on O. Maybe that was BB, but it didn't make Enos look good.

I've heard for years that when Saban left Michy St for LSWho that he asked the staff to meet him at the airport if they wanted to go and none went. Possible urban legend. No idea.
A jerk is a jerk is a jerk. Nobody likes one. That simple. Ever work for one? I have. Just like everyone else that has, I was very happy to say BYE.
« Last Edit: January 11, 2019, 04:54:29 pm by Hog N Bama »

hoglady

« Reply #71 on: January 11, 2019, 04:30:43 pm »

Unless I missed it - I never saw an official announcement that Enos was going to be the Bama OC - just media speculation.

Maybe that wasn't going to happen at Bama and he took the Miami job.

31to6

« Reply #72 on: January 11, 2019, 04:32:25 pm »

Still not buying the GOAT line.  He's the right person at the right school at the right time. I like what Spurrier said about him, to be the greatest coach of all time, do at a place where it's never been done before. 
Um.. LSU?

That wasn't a "never" situation, but LSU had been pretty mediocre for a long time before Saban revitalized the program.

BossHawg_Outlaw

« Reply #73 on: January 11, 2019, 04:33:55 pm »

What could you possibly find punchable about this face?

Now that's a Champion of Life right there.

COCHISE

« Reply #74 on: January 11, 2019, 04:34:17 pm »

Lol at all of you saying Saban showed Enos the door. He literally just promoted him to OC a few weeks ago
And then they lost to Clemson 44-16. Then Co-Oc leaves, QB coach leaves and O-line coach leaves...so far. Maybe you’re right and it’s not related at all as Saban’s coaches do go on to bigger and better things on a regular basis but these seem to be either lateral moves or step downs in terms of where these coaches are going.

26.2Hog

• Hogvillian
  • The future ain't what it used to be
« Reply #75 on: January 11, 2019, 04:39:36 pm »

Maybe he didn't like the work environment?

He ain't gonna work on Maggie's farm no more.

Hogdomer

« Reply #76 on: January 11, 2019, 04:43:40 pm »

Um.. LSU?

That wasn't a "never" situation, but LSU had been pretty mediocre for a long time before Saban revitalized the program.

Agreed.  Since the late 50s.  Also, Alabama hadn't been consistently good since Gene Stallings in the early 90s when Saban got there, either.

Supermark101

• Senior
« Reply #77 on: January 11, 2019, 05:10:09 pm »

Once again, Enos is nothing special. It's like you guys didn't even watch the games when he was here. On second thought, maybe that was smart.

The offense was not the problem, especially in his last year here.

Boarcephus

« Reply #78 on: January 11, 2019, 05:11:30 pm »

Um.. LSU?

Agreed but Saban was well on his way towards accomplishing at LSU what he has at Bama and Les can thank him for his NC ring.  There are a handful of programs around the country where a coach like Saban has access to the absolute finest talent in the country and when he has it, he's tough.  LSU and Bama are two of them.  My point is, could he duplicate his success at the likes of Arkansas, Kentucky, K-State when he doesn't have this talent and I don't think so.  We'll never know if he could he build them up to the point all the studs want to go there because he won't go to these places and this is the reason I'm not sold on him being the best ever.  One of the greatest coaches of all time is Broyles because of what he accomplished here where it had never been done before with less than the built in advantages Saban has had at Bama and LSU.   

I will give Saban his dues in one area, he's is perhaps the finest evaluator of talent and how it would fit in his system as any coach who has ever walked the sidelines. 

rtr

« Reply #79 on: January 11, 2019, 06:07:28 pm »

The offense was not the problem, especially in his last year here.
We had one of the worst offensive lines in school history.  The offense was terrible his last year.

Notice that Kirby ran off Jim Chaney, now Enos going to Miami, Bert's O-Coordinators are no longer in the SEC.  Interesting.

Großer Kriegschwein

• Gold Hogvillian
  • Mt. Massive in November
« Reply #80 on: January 11, 2019, 06:14:41 pm »

Uh.

Chaney is at tennessee. You’ll see him next year.

FWIW, I’ve been to both Miami and Tuscaloosa. My pick would be Miami 99.9% of the time. Especially Coral Gables.

rtr

« Reply #81 on: January 11, 2019, 06:18:03 pm »

Uh.

FWIW, I’ve been to both Miami and Tuscaloosa. My pick would be Miami 99.9% of the time. Especially Coral Gables.
You are right, my bad.  I still hold to my basic point and Kirby did run Chaney off.

PonderinHog

• Gold Hogvillian
  • Go Hogs and Go Mike Anderson!
« Reply #82 on: January 11, 2019, 06:20:24 pm »

You are right, my bad.  I still hold to my basic point and Kirby did run Chaney off.
Chaney ain't running anywhere...

tusksincolorado

• I'm Elon's inspiration. So Sorry Johnny.
« Reply #83 on: January 11, 2019, 06:26:48 pm »

Wow...he gave up being the OC at Bama for the OC at Miami.  So, was this move based on:

1 - cities of Miami vs Tuscaloosa (Mrs Enos may have had a vote in this)
2 - working for Diaz vs Saban
3 - SEC vs ACC
4 - Saban changed his mind about hiring him as OC
5 - $$$

I'm guessing #2, with a little of #1 thrown in.

Regardless, I'm an Enos fan and hope he does well.  And because of that, I'm glad he won't be at Bama.

And what part of Miami would be appealing?????

HOGINTENNESSEE

• Ryan Mallett: "I don't get nervous"
« Reply #84 on: January 11, 2019, 06:30:27 pm »

We had one of the worst offensive lines in school history.  The offense was terrible his last year.

Notice that Kirby ran off Jim Chaney, now Enos going to Miami, Bert's O-Coordinators are no longer in the SEC.  Interesting.

Large amount of injuries his las year as well. Losing Austin Allen and Chase Hayden were huge blows

When had an Oline coach his first season #1 offense in the SEC

Großer Kriegschwein

• Gold Hogvillian
  • Mt. Massive in November
« Reply #85 on: January 11, 2019, 06:59:07 pm »

Well over half of it.

Supermark101

• Senior
« Reply #86 on: January 11, 2019, 07:07:06 pm »

We go to a bowl and CBB is here at least one more year with ANY defense. Remember MSU and Missouri that year.

Hogs-n-Roses

• Coming to a Stadium Near You!
« Reply #87 on: January 11, 2019, 07:13:15 pm »

Uh.

The University of Miami is a strange place. Did you know it was a private school and cost 3-4 times more to go there than LSU.I priced it in '83 for my cousin. He was still in Louisiana and pricing schools in both areas. The school, the city, and the football program seemed like 3 different worlds. They played at the old orange bowl I believe. Far removed from "The Grove" which is the area Jimmy Buffett referred to. And the Grove was a strange place in its own. Nuttin fancy.

LZH

• Gold Hogvillian
  • Tight but Loose
« Reply #88 on: January 11, 2019, 07:21:23 pm »

There are quite a few who are sick of the The U being the Penn/Duke/Vanderbilt of SE Florida.....football talent is rampant and could be kept at home.  Someone down here has opened their checkbook and are expecting other $$$$'s to do the same.  Richt was a three foot putt to these people with a mulligan in their pocket.

Don't know squat about Enos, but there is a 100% surge in getting serious in winning again - that is clear just by watching the sports segments and asking guys with U ball caps.

Hurts?  I haven't a clue.

TexHog188

• Touchdown Arkansas!
« Reply #89 on: January 11, 2019, 07:33:54 pm »

I did a little reading over on an Alabama board and almost universally they are pro-Enos and are upset that he is leaving.  "Speculation" is that it was most likely the result of a contract stipulation; number of years on contract and buy out.  Who knows, but it's another perspective.  Most gave credit to Enos for improvements to Hurts and Tua and are really concerned about the constant stream of coaching in and out of the program.  Lots of concern that eventually this is going to impact recruiting, mostly in the evaluation of recruits and signing the right guys.  Lots of concern that several highly recruited underclassmen on the OL/DL are busts already and that their depth is going to be a concern in a year or so.

Bottom line is that Dan Enos is respected as an OC and quarterbacks coach and that some Alabama fans are starting to see problems on the horizon. 

I found the following statement in the Sun-Sentinel interesting - "Diaz’s hire of Enos is quite the coup for the first-time head coach.  According to multiple reports out of Alabama, Enos was in line to become the Crimson Tide’s head coach. Georgia was reportedly interested, as well."

I think that was a misprint for sure.
https://www.sun-sentinel.com/sports/miami-hurricanes/fl-sp-um-foot-hurricanes-offensive-coordinator-20190111-story.html

lakecityhog

« Reply #90 on: January 11, 2019, 08:04:42 pm »

About 80% of this thread is vintage Hogville! It is the same old thing, while a coach is here he's Mr. Good Guy, but man when he leaves he is fair game for every Ahole with a keyboard.

The saddest thing about this personality type is that they don't limit their stupid takes to former coaches. Many of them feel free to roast former players.

And then there is the greatest line of all, disagree with their take and you now "worship" the aforementioned coach or player. I honestly think some of them actually believe that this "comeback" burns people!

tusksincolorado

« Reply #91 on: January 11, 2019, 08:06:31 pm »

Well over half of it.

Well I must have lived in the part that wasn't...

tusksincolorado

« Reply #92 on: January 11, 2019, 08:07:38 pm »

I did a little reading over on an Alabama board and almost universally they are pro-Enos and are upset that he is leaving.  "Speculation" is that it was most likely the result of a contract stipulation; number of years on contract and buy out.  Who knows, but it's another perspective.  Most gave credit to Enos for improvements to Hurts and Tua and are really concerned about the constant stream of coaching in and out of the program.  Lots of concern that eventually this is going to impact recruiting, mostly in the evaluation of recruits and signing the right guys.  Lots of concern that several highly recruited underclassmen on the OL/DL are busts already and that their depth is going to be a concern in a year or so.

Bottom line is that Dan Enos is respected as an OC and quarterbacks coach and that some Alabama fans are starting to see problems on the horizon. 

I found the following statement in the Sun-Sentinel interesting - "Diaz’s hire of Enos is quite the coup for the first-time head coach.  According to multiple reports out of Alabama, Enos was in line to become the Crimson Tide’s head coach. Georgia was reportedly interested, as well."

I think that was a misprint for sure.
https://www.sun-sentinel.com/sports/miami-hurricanes/fl-sp-um-foot-hurricanes-offensive-coordinator-20190111-story.html

WOW...I just find that hard to believe!

LZH

• Gold Hogvillian
  • Tight but Loose
« Reply #93 on: January 11, 2019, 08:16:10 pm »

WOW...I just find that hard to believe!

And it's because you're not too stoned......

Saban-to-Enos........from a complete internet horsesh!t wannabe sports guru.

GoHogs1091

• Hogville.net Rocks!
« Reply #94 on: January 11, 2019, 08:48:03 pm »

From the ESPN article, the closing line says "Running backs coach Joe Pannunzio and tight ends coach Jeff Banks, who also oversees special teams, are Saban's only remaining offensive assistants."

Sounds like he just cleaned house.

Saban knows that he has to get a whole lot better regarding his offensive Assistants.  It was a mismatch between Venables and Locksley/Enos.

Brian Daboll, who went back to the NFL, also didn't fare all that great against Venables (Daboll's Alabama offense had only 261 total offensive yards against Venables last season).

Not for sure who Saban can find who can out-scheme/out-coach Venables.

Venables has been an elite defensive coach for 23 seasons.

Boarcephus

« Reply #95 on: January 11, 2019, 08:58:23 pm »

Venables has been an elite defensive coach for 23 seasons.

He was catching a lot of heat at OU and that's one of the reasons he left for Clemson, that and Bob Stoops bringing his bother back to be CoDC

GoHogs1091

• Hogville.net Rocks!
« Reply #96 on: January 11, 2019, 09:16:21 pm »

He was catching a lot of heat at OU and that's one of the reasons he left for Clemson, that and Bob Stoops bringing his bother back to be CoDC

Bob Stoops went to 4 National Championship games while Venables was at OU.

Stoops went to 0 National Championship games after Venables left OU.

Dabo Swinney has gone to 3 National Championship games after hiring Venables.

Swinney has won 87 games with only 11 losses since he hired Venables.

rtr

« Reply #97 on: January 11, 2019, 09:17:26 pm »

We go to a bowl and CBB is here at least one more year with ANY defense. Remember MSU and Missouri that year.
I respectfully disagree. I will say Enos did make us much more explosive on offense the last half of 2015.  I do think Bielema got in his way quite a bit.  We will see how does with the canes.  Saban's best OC was Lane Kiffin.

The Hawgman

« Reply #98 on: January 11, 2019, 09:27:52 pm »

Bama falling apart, I LOVE IT!
🎉🎉🎉😂😂😂👋👋👋

lasthog

« Reply #99 on: January 11, 2019, 09:55:20 pm »

Well, South Beach sucks because the girls are too tall, tan and fit.
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up

KARK
KWNA
Fox 16 Arkansas