• 10,165,697 Posts
• 405,366 Topics
• 23,135 Hogvillians
THE RULES (Read 'em!)
Quick Links
Pick'Ems:Football      Basketball      Baseball
Sister Sites:Gridiron HistoryFearless Friday
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: transfer portal  (Read 2077 times)

dethnode

transfer portal
« on: January 10, 2019, 04:44:53 pm »

Once a player enters the transfer portal, is his scholarship with the team withdrawn, or can the player change their mind?  It would really hamstring a coach with the 85 rule if say a QB decided to transfer, didn't get an opportunity he liked, and decided to stay, in the mean time the coach is trying to figure out if he can bring in another body...

RaisinHog

• All-American Hogvillian
  • Surfing the web at Hogville.net
Re: transfer portal
« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2019, 04:51:52 pm »

They can stay

Sponsored Ad

Hogville encourages you to do business with the following...

#1 STUNNA

« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2019, 05:04:06 pm »

I believe the coach has the choice once they enter the portal.

TexHog188

• Hall of Fame Hogvillian
  • Touchdown Arkansas!
« Reply #3 on: January 10, 2019, 05:17:22 pm »

I read an article earlier today that seem to say that a college has the option to pull all financial support once the athlete enters the portal.  That doesn't mean they can't stay at the school (as in not ultimately transfer), only that the student should be prepared for that to occur.

Hawg Law 7

• Bench Warmer
« Reply #4 on: January 10, 2019, 05:40:53 pm »

I believe the coach has the choice once they enter the portal.

I read an article earlier today that seem to say that a college has the option to pull all financial support once the athlete enters the portal.  That doesn't mean they can't stay at the school (as in not ultimately transfer), only that the student should be prepared for that to occur.

I believe y'all are correct.  According to this, once a player gives his notice of transfer (which triggers the school's obligation to enter them into the transfer portal), the school has the right to "reduce or cancel" the player's financial aid and is not obligated to allow them to return as a student-athlete.

http://www.ncaa.org/sites/default/files/di-saac-notification-transfer.pdf

RaisinHog

« Reply #5 on: January 10, 2019, 06:12:15 pm »

Humm interesting well then I would say most that enter leave ! I just knew the buffalo kid had said he could still return ( obviously he didn't )

Hopeful Hog

« Reply #6 on: January 10, 2019, 06:22:35 pm »

Humm interesting well then I would say most that enter leave ! I just knew the buffalo kid had said he could still return ( obviously he didn't )

Well from what I'm reading if the team decides to they can take the kid back and if you're Buffalo you do everything you can to let him know he could have came back. To late now but you could see why a program like Buffalo would've been open to him coming back.

Dwight_K_Shrute

• Gold Hogvillian
  • Follow @fakewallyhall.
    • Missing your favorite thread?  It's probably in Vents and Rumors
« Reply #7 on: January 10, 2019, 06:30:45 pm »

I am now entering the portal.

Cambridge Hog

« Reply #8 on: January 10, 2019, 07:10:44 pm »

Does it work for wives? Or just college football. Asking for a friend...

RaisinHog

« Reply #9 on: January 10, 2019, 07:22:07 pm »

Well from what I'm reading if the team decides to they can take the kid back and if you're Buffalo you do everything you can to let him know he could have came back. To late now but you could see why a program like Buffalo would've been open to him coming back.

No doubt ! I just wasn't convinced storey was 100 % gone .. because we haven't heard anything out of his camp but this makes it clear he is

Hopeful Hog

« Reply #10 on: January 10, 2019, 07:27:09 pm »

Am I the only one that thinks it's strange to call it a portal? Sounds like something out of a Marvel movie.

ChicoHog

• RIP Glenn. You're "Already Gone" way too soon
« Reply #11 on: January 10, 2019, 08:37:05 pm »

Am I the only one that thinks it's strange to call it a portal? Sounds like something out of a Marvel movie.
That's what the college kids call their page with all their info for school.  Seems like a trendy term nowadays. 

RedRock

« Reply #12 on: January 10, 2019, 08:51:07 pm »

Is there a ink to the transfer portal?

King Kong

« Reply #13 on: January 10, 2019, 09:10:14 pm »

Is there a ink to the transfer portal?

Only available for coaches

Hopeful Hog

« Reply #14 on: January 10, 2019, 09:19:16 pm »

That's what the college kids call their page with all their info for school.  Seems like a trendy term nowadays.

Yeah it was like that when I was school too.

#1 STUNNA

« Reply #15 on: January 11, 2019, 08:50:15 am »

I believe y'all are correct.  According to this, once a player gives his notice of transfer (which triggers the school's obligation to enter them into the transfer portal), the school has the right to "reduce or cancel" the player's financial aid and is not obligated to allow them to return as a student-athlete.

The way it should be. Probably keeps more kids from entering it to see if their is better out their for them... but they are scared to try because they could lose their scholarship.

Seebs

« Reply #16 on: January 11, 2019, 08:58:46 am »

Imagine if all student transfers had to log to the Transfer Portal. UALR would be the biggest signee leader within the state for burnouts, flunkies and moral liabilities within the state. Lord knows I was one of them. Finishing up that last year was a doozy

dethnode

« Reply #17 on: January 11, 2019, 10:29:23 am »

This tells me that we must have a transfer QB lined up.  No way Ty Storey risks not having a schollie unless he has been told that he absolutely will not be the starter in 2019. 

havok

« Reply #18 on: January 11, 2019, 10:57:01 am »

This tells me that we must have a transfer QB lined up.  No way Ty Storey risks not having a schollie unless he has been told that he absolutely will not be the starter in 2019. 

I Agree..

...his Highlights/Stats from college are just not there to gain a whole lot of Interest in Power 5 conferences, so he would be in a better position to stay if not for the high likelihood of a Grad Transfer QB coming here.  Must be looking at a Mid/Lower level school who has serious QB Depth issues as first option, before looking at schools like UCA or that level.

HogBreath

« Reply #19 on: January 11, 2019, 11:16:04 am »

I am now entering the portal.
Years ago, I very briefly stuck my head in to the portal, but quickly pulled it back before anyone noticed.  It was scary in there.

Just say no to the portal.

isavedjazz

« Reply #20 on: January 11, 2019, 11:18:24 am »

Nobody knows what lies on the other side of the portal, for no one has ever returned from the other side to tell the tale
Pages: [1]   Go Up

KARK
KWNA
Fox 16 Arkansas