• 10,165,503 Posts
• 405,364 Topics
• 23,135 Hogvillians
THE RULES (Read 'em!)
Quick Links
Pick'Ems:Football      Basketball      Baseball
Sister Sites:Gridiron HistoryFearless Friday
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Interesting situation for "Coach Bro"  (Read 3461 times)

WizardofhOgZ

Interesting situation for "Coach Bro"
« on: January 10, 2019, 12:10:41 pm »

A few months back, in advance with Tech's game against OU, CKK was quoted as saying that he'd draft Murray as the #1 overall pick in the NFL Draft.

Fast forward to today and - guess what? - he now coaches the NFL team with the top pick in the Draft.  So will he put his money where his mouth is?

https://sports.yahoo.com/kliff-kingsbury-said-last-year-hed-take-kyler-murray-first-pick-draft-160309181.html

hog of steele

• All-American Hogvillian
  • Surfing the web at Hogville.net
Re: Interesting situation for "Coach Bro"
« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2019, 12:15:09 pm »

Its an easy out. Nobody will hold him to that. His GM could also cover him if he wants by saying drafts are a team decision.

It will be interesting to see if KM goes to football or baseball. If he were my kid, I would suggest baseball. Guaranteed contracts and a whole lot safer.

Sponsored Ad

Hogville encourages you to do business with the following...

Pudgepork

• Horse Racings most unlikely champ
« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2019, 12:48:12 pm »

People who stood beside Murray at the Heisman award said he's stretching to be over 5'7"..  I think that's too short for an every game qb.  Go play baseball.

The other part of KKS situation is he already has Josh Rosen at qb with 1 yr nfl experience. 

TexHog188

• Hall of Fame Hogvillian
  • Touchdown Arkansas!
« Reply #3 on: January 10, 2019, 01:07:44 pm »

KM is listed at 5'10".  Saw him play at Allen HS a couple of years ago and he looked smaller, but was far and away the best athlete on the field.  QB in the NFL at 5'10" or less will be a liability even with the rules in place to protect a QB.  It can be done, but to make him the 1st overall pick and then likely trade away Rosen?  Will take big balls to make that pick.

#1 STUNNA

« Reply #4 on: January 10, 2019, 02:27:59 pm »

Football should be the move. More guaranteed money from the get go. Over time might baseball might be the better move but you still gotta be able to make it to the big show for that to happen. If he chooses football hes on the big stage from day one. Mayfield went #1 last year and will get 32 mil guaranteed over the course of his first rooking contract. 22 mil signing bonus.

Mo_Better_Hogs

• DE FENSE!! DE FENSE!!
« Reply #5 on: January 10, 2019, 02:56:50 pm »

I heard about this on the radio this morning. You gotta admit, that's a pretty cosmic event--Kingsbury becoming an NFL head coach, then being in the position to take Murray. However, there are too many other things, more planets to align, for that to come true. Starting with Murray's decision. Kinda interesting.

Something to consider, that up-front NFL money is big. What if Murray decided to give the NFL a go? If after his rookie contract he's not fitting in, he goes back to baseball. It's not like he'll be an old man.

hoghearted

• 2007 and 2009 Rolex DP Champions. Are you driven?
« Reply #6 on: January 10, 2019, 03:39:22 pm »

Just so weird.

Who would have ever thought that a guy gets fired from Texas Tech, his very first head coaching job, for a poor record, and  turns around and gets hired as an NFL head coach?

sowmonella

• You know I'm right.
« Reply #7 on: January 10, 2019, 03:42:25 pm »

Just so weird.

Who would have ever thought that a guy gets fired from Texas Tech, his very first head coaching job, for a poor record, and  turns around and gets hired as an NFL head coach?

Dumbest hire in NFL history.

Razorbackers

• Good Takes Found Here
« Reply #8 on: January 10, 2019, 04:07:41 pm »

What are you talking about???

There's some comments missing that were political in nature.

#1 STUNNA

« Reply #9 on: January 10, 2019, 04:14:38 pm »

The league is becoming more offense friendly by the year.... The guy knows how to score and has always been good with his qbs... will it translate to the NFL.. no clue.... but hes got a shot if he can get his offense rolling. The chiefs might be the mold they are looking for from the get go. They are doing it with good offense and bad defense. Obviously they will have to make some very good moves to get the weapons they need... but they have a chance. They have the #1 pick and some decent cap room.

TexHog188

• Touchdown Arkansas!
« Reply #10 on: January 10, 2019, 05:27:47 pm »

The league is becoming more offense friendly by the year.... The guy knows how to score and has always been good with his qbs... will it translate to the NFL.. no clue.... but hes got a shot if he can get his offense rolling. The chiefs might be the mold they are looking for from the get go. They are doing it with good offense and bad defense. Obviously they will have to make some very good moves to get the weapons they need... but they have a chance. They have the #1 pick and some decent cap room.

Given how bad their defense is, do you think they roll the dice with Kyler Murray or go smart with a solid DE/DT/LB type?

OneTuskOverTheLine™

• Gold Hogvillian
  • One tusk over the line sweet Jesus...
« Reply #11 on: January 10, 2019, 05:35:34 pm »

People who stood beside Murray at the Heisman award said he's stretching to be over 5'7"..  I think that's too short for an every game qb.  Go play baseball.

The other part of KKS situation is he already has Josh Rosen at qb with 1 yr nfl experience. 

How tall was Flutie in reality. He set every major record in the CFL, and then lit a fire in the NFL as a late 30's early 40's old wash-up. If you knw where you guy's are, and understand where the defenders are the height thing really gets blown out of the water. I will admit, however that it IS the exception to the rule...

I found this article looking up his height... They say he's 5' 10" BTW
https://www.marketwatch.com/story/how-doug-flutie-was-the-mexican-border-wall-of-professional-football-2018-10-04

#1 STUNNA

« Reply #12 on: January 10, 2019, 05:42:09 pm »

Given how bad their defense is, do you think they roll the dice with Kyler Murray or go smart with a solid DE/DT/LB type?
I personally think they go all in offensively. Ultimately it probably comes down to if coach thinks he can get it done with Rosen or not. But he has been interviewed saying he would take Murray if he had the choice while being interviewed at Tech. Ultimately its the GMs decision bu I bet they give him what he wants. Just my opinion. Could be way wrong.

TexHog188

• Touchdown Arkansas!
« Reply #13 on: January 10, 2019, 06:23:32 pm »

Can't believe anyone would seriously hold KK to some off the cuff statement about KM, but I can see the infatuation.  He scoots around Barry Sanders and throws like Brett Favre.

Blumpkin

« Reply #14 on: January 10, 2019, 07:18:42 pm »

Not that it takes much....  but I’m very confused

TexHog188

• Touchdown Arkansas!
« Reply #15 on: January 10, 2019, 07:30:43 pm »

Well life can get confusing, hang in there.

HognitiveDissonance

« Reply #16 on: January 10, 2019, 07:34:48 pm »

Coach Bro is also now drafting Holly Sonders now.

Their relationship is 'just past the crush stage' according to Holly.

Blumpkin

« Reply #17 on: January 10, 2019, 07:35:30 pm »

Well life can get confusing, hang in there.

Thank you🙏🏽

kibster

« Reply #18 on: January 10, 2019, 07:41:41 pm »

Lane Kiffen would like to have a word with you.

SooieGeneris

• Hogvillian
  • You don't ever want to be chasin' speed..
« Reply #19 on: January 10, 2019, 08:22:10 pm »

I don't know about that. I agree it is a head scratcher but Al Davis hired Dennis Allen who looked about 15 and had not a clue. Elway hired Vance Joseph, teams kept hiring Wade Phillips even after he benched Flutie for Rob Johnson..

Johnson had all the physical skills but could get sacked by a grocery clerk. Had to be as dumb as a fencepost..

SooieGeneris

• Hogvillian
  • You don't ever want to be chasin' speed..
« Reply #20 on: January 10, 2019, 08:25:16 pm »

Coach Bro is also now drafting Holly Sonders now.

Their relationship is 'just past the crush stage' according to Holly.

She must have dumped Eric Kusilias or however it's spelled. I met her once a few years back, she is a stunner, even moreso in person than on TV..

Inhogswetrust

• Gold Hogvillian
  • Guessing is easier than actually trying!
« Reply #21 on: January 10, 2019, 08:30:11 pm »

Lane Kiffen would like to have a word with you.

And Lou Holtz.

AlmaHog2011

« Reply #22 on: January 10, 2019, 08:37:51 pm »

Man Murray is phenomenal. If they would  change and run their offense to his strengths he is a winner and can flat out spin it. And he's the quickest player I have seen in college since Barry Sanders.

I hate OU! But love watching him play..Have to run a offense friendly to his talents which is amazing. His height is the only negative and he is accurate with the ball. I want to see him play in the NFL. I think he's just a special type athlete and doesn't take hits.

Ex-Trumpet

• Gold Hogvillian
  • When life gives you lemons, get a boob job!
« Reply #23 on: January 11, 2019, 08:10:33 am »

She must have dumped Eric Kusilias or however it's spelled. I met her once a few years back, she is a stunner, even moreso in person than on TV..

Not to mention you could pair up with her on the golf course and school most folks out of a lot of money--and never play one of your own shots.

lasthog

« Reply #24 on: January 11, 2019, 08:17:00 am »

What are you talking about???

Dialed the wrong number?

Been10Hog

• Senior
« Reply #25 on: January 11, 2019, 08:22:59 am »

Kyler has Patrick Mhomes written all over him! The assumed NFL MVP! KK was his coach at TT where he went off. Arizona will be salivating at the thought of bringing in KM! They can trade Rosen for a 1st or second round pick and build

#1 STUNNA

« Reply #26 on: January 11, 2019, 08:33:52 am »

Man Murray is phenomenal. If they would  change and run their offense to his strengths he is a winner and can flat out spin it. And he's the quickest player I have seen in college since Barry Sanders.

I hate OU! But love watching him play..Have to run a offense friendly to his talents which is amazing. His height is the only negative and he is accurate with the ball. I want to see him play in the NFL. I think he's just a special type athlete and doesn't take hits.
Id venture to say their offense will change quite a bit. lol... We are talking about MR Air it out here.. lol
I think they will take him first pick.

#1 STUNNA

« Reply #27 on: January 11, 2019, 08:34:33 am »

Kyler has Patrick Mhomes written all over him! The assumed NFL MVP! KK was his coach at TT where he went off. Arizona will be salivating at the thought of bringing in KM! They can trade Rosen for a 1st or second round pick and build
lol... I wouldnt go that far. but it could happen.

Ex-Trumpet

• Gold Hogvillian
  • When life gives you lemons, get a boob job!
« Reply #28 on: January 11, 2019, 08:34:47 am »

+1 for the name Man Murray.

Been10Hog

• Senior
« Reply #29 on: January 11, 2019, 09:58:23 am »

lol... I wouldnt go that far. but it could happen.
Yeah....not saying it would happen. But, Arizona is already drinking the koolaid thinking if they hire a young coach like the Rams did by bringing in KK, and then get a dual threat like PM by bringing in KM they will be Super Bowl bound. A bit delusional, but I think that is where AZ is right now

urkillnmesmalls

• Experience: You get it just after you needed it!
« Reply #30 on: January 11, 2019, 10:16:52 am »

There's no way he's 5'10".  5'8" max, because I stood next to him and I'm 5"10" and I'd predict he's probably only 5'7". 

The NFL is more about pocket passing...and I see very little potential for him to be able to see the field.  Sure...they can design roll out, and try to create throwing lanes for him, but he's not going to be able to take hits by NFL DE's and survive...NO qb can, regardless of their stature, and we've seen that play out. 

That being said...if he KNOWS he's going to be taken early, it's a no brainer.  He'll have to prove himself in MLB anyway, so why not get some of the huge guaranteed NFL money if it's there to be had for a few years?  He could take $4M, end up buring in AA ball, because he's a burner on the basepaths, but can't hit MLB breaking stuff.  Then what...look back with regret, because he could have made more than 4 times that?   

HognitiveDissonance

« Reply #31 on: January 11, 2019, 03:29:53 pm »

Yes, she and Kuselias split in 2016.
Apparently Kuselias used to hit on everything that moved. Although purely a rumor that is why he and Sonders split.
He a play-uh.

HognitiveDissonance

« Reply #32 on: January 11, 2019, 03:30:48 pm »

And started by giving tornado reports on KATV!
Everybody starts somewhere...

EastexHawg

« Reply #33 on: January 11, 2019, 03:43:58 pm »

Mahomes is 6'3" and 230. 
Pages: [1]   Go Up

KARK
KWNA
Fox 16 Arkansas