Quick Links
Pick'Ems:Football      Basketball      Baseball
Sister Sites:Gridiron HistoryFearless Friday
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: HOPE  (Read 764 times)

Razors85

HOPE
« on: January 09, 2019, 11:03:50 pm »

Hope hurts. Hoping for something more, for something something different, for something better. Itís when youíve been let down so often, when youíve built up a hope only to see it shattered... When you finally let yourself dare to believe and your heart is crushed that the idea of hope seems impossible. Right after failure again, right after a disappointment Ė nobody wants to hope anymore.

All I say is this. Make sure we are hoping for the right things. Take a step away and look from the outside in. Don't fall too far into bitterness and despair.

Don't hope for this team, this year to be perfect, dont hope for a style of play to magically change over night (or at halftime).

Hope for these young men to grow and learn from their mistakes and successes. Hope for the things that are possible and very attainable by this group of players and staff.

I think if we do this everyone will be pleasantly surprised by the end of the year.

I love watching this team. The UPs are amazing and even the DOWNs have kept me on the edge of my seat.

Night everybody

Go Hogs!!!

PonderinHog

• Gold Hogvillian
  • Go Hogs and Go Mike Anderson!
Re: HOPE
« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2019, 11:08:48 pm »

in one hand...

Sponsored Ad

Hogville encourages you to do business with the following...

Razors85

« Reply #2 on: January 09, 2019, 11:21:29 pm »

in one hand...

Kind of my point said in a different way. Basically why don't we just take our dad/mom/grandparent's advice. It was good

PonderinHog

• Gold Hogvillian
  • Go Hogs and Go Mike Anderson!
« Reply #3 on: January 10, 2019, 03:18:27 pm »

When Mike was hired, I was supremely confident that he'd get us turned around.  Over time that confidence turned into hope that he'd get things turned around.  I am now somewhere between hopeful and doubtful that he'll get things turned around.  Last night's performance didn't help, at all.

Atlhogfan1

• Gold Hogvillian
  • Surfing the web at Hogville.net
« Reply #4 on: January 10, 2019, 03:25:02 pm »

Continuing my attempt to be optimistic and positive, we knew this season would have some tough games and a number of losses.  On average, Mike loses 12 games a season.  And we don't think this is an average team for him.  The state and region is producing players right now and the staff is in a good position with most.  Perhaps should tune out the rest of this season and just pick up next season with (hopefully) the return of Harris, Joe, Jones and a few others + Hill.  Won't have Gafford but maybe recruiting and development will fill the holes.  Then the 2020 class arrives... This is all I got.  Best I can do.  Believe me, I know the rebuttals. 

Letsroll1200

• Hall of Fame Hogvillian
  • Surfing the web at Hogville.net
« Reply #5 on: January 10, 2019, 05:09:01 pm »

I'm still hopeful! I'm excited about Desi, Mason and Joe can't have another off night like that. Lets get behind these youngsters and beat LSU

Dwight_K_Shrute

• Gold Hogvillian
  • Follow @fakewallyhall.
    • Missing your favorite thread?  It's probably in Vents and Rumors
« Reply #6 on: January 10, 2019, 06:26:17 pm »

Went to the game, was a bad/mad fan and left with about 5 min left, as we were walking around started hearing cheers.  Told my daughter let's just keep walking in a circle and checking monitors.  She was like let's go back to our seats.  I said "no we don't want to jinx it".

I'm still hopeful because I don't know if it's possible to play worse than we did last night.  Outside of Mason everyone was from subpar to awful.  So if that's the floor and we can still only lose by 4 it shows a lot of upside.

Love all these guys well except maybe for Adrio, come on man you are a Jr.  But seriously, these are some talented but young guys.

And if you set aside all the complaints about coaching and all the stupid mistakes, and just make the FT's we win or go to OT. 

They showed grit grinding it out against A&M.  They showed some fight at the end last night.  Hopefully they learned a lot of lessons as well.  It's a long grind of a season and we are 1-1 in conf.  Could be better, could be worse, but aside from TN I think we have the ability to beat just about everyone else in the conference if we play up to our potential.  Auburn is beatable, MSU lost to SC, KY lost to Bama.  We are far from out of anything. We know every single one of those guys has the ability to play better than they did last night all we can do as fans is giving supporting them.

I usually try to stick to a rule.  If I'm pissed about an L, be pissed for 24 hours, get it all out, then go back to being a positive fan, and move on to the next game.

HogBreath

« Reply #7 on: January 10, 2019, 06:45:13 pm »

I'm still hopeful! . Lets get behind these youngsters and beat LSU
Sounds good, count me in on that.  I'm gonna go start practicing my free throw shooting right now.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

KARK
KWNA
Fox 16 Arkansas