File 13 > Trash

People this is a very young team...

(1/1)

OinkinOregon:
Every SEC victory will be precious this year.  Stop projecting your irrational expectations on this team.  Anyone blaming or wanting the coach fired are reacting on pure emotion.

Mike is doing a really good job with these youngsters and the future is very bright.

Oliver:
Not the best night to start troll posts

jst01:
It’s more fun to believe you are being sarcastic.

Hog N Bama:
7 years and counting

RazorPiggie:
This is year 8. Next please. We deserve and can do better.

checkraiser88:

--- Quote from: OinkinOregon on January 09, 2019, 09:58:30 pm ---Every SEC victory will be precious this year.  Stop projecting your irrational expectations on this team.  Anyone blaming or wanting the coach fired are reacting on pure emotion.

Mike is doing a really good job with these youngsters and the future is very bright.

--- End quote ---

We have 2 top 50 NBA prospects, one of the best PG's in the nation and Mason Jones. We have talent. We should be winning our home games with our talent alone.

BannerMountainMan:
Ehh everybody said at the beginning of the year their would be losses that should be wins and wins that should be losses because we literally only have 4 guys that’s ever played D1 College basketball and everybody was like, “yeah that’s true”, and now that statement has come to pass and everybody is acting like it’s a surprise. Typical.

Hogmatic:
This is a landmark loss for Mike Anderson.  There is no way you can put enough lipstick on this pig so don't even try

BassinHawg:
MIKE RUINS TALENT!

code red:
Mediocrity I love it!!! So do the mods.

26.2Hog:

--- Quote from: OinkinOregon on January 09, 2019, 09:58:30 pm ---Every SEC victory will be precious this year.  Stop projecting your irrational expectations on this team.  Anyone blaming or wanting the coach fired are reacting on pure emotion.

--- End quote ---

TheSportsGuy:
Young?  Yes.  Effort?  Effort knows no age or experience.  Tonight....we had 3 minutes of any effort at all.  That's on coach.  That's on players.

jst01:

--- Quote from: BannerMountainMan on January 09, 2019, 10:03:12 pm ---Ehh everybody said at the beginning of the year their would be losses that should be wins and wins that should be losses because we literally only have 4 guys that’s ever played D1 College basketball and everybody was like, “yeah that’s true”, and now that statement has come to pass and everybody is acting like it’s a surprise. Typical.

--- End quote ---

It’s not just that they lost. It’s the look of the team. The “how”. But you understand that I bet. Carry on the defense strategy now.

MakingPlays:

--- Quote from: checkraiser88 on January 09, 2019, 10:01:48 pm ---We have 2 top 50 NBA prospects, one of the best PG's in the nation and Mason Jones. We have talent. We should be winning our home games with our talent alone.

--- End quote ---

Isiah Joe is not a top 50 NBA prospect, please stop telling people that.  Isiah Joe is not even a top 100 NBA prospect.  Just because one person put him in his top 50 after he had a few good shooting games does not make that an accurate statement.  Draftexpress, nbadraft.net, cbssports, and other credible sources that actually talk to GMs and Scouts and put together top 100 boards based off of actual feedback from scouts haven't even made a profile for Isiah Joe yet.

MAGA45:
Did you guys not see Bart Pohlmans chart for the last 4 years?!?  We are #2 in the SEC! Mike needs to be retained at all cost, need to pay him like #2 behind Cal.   Stop Complaining.

Kelly1961:
omg please go away! Maybe you say this because Mike orders the "participation trophies" from your company in Oregon!

code red:

--- Quote from: checkraiser88 on January 09, 2019, 10:01:48 pm ---We have 2 top 50 NBA prospects, one of the best PG's in the nation and Mason Jones. We have talent. We should be winning our home games with our talent alone.

--- End quote ---
True.  If Gafford doesn't get at least 1 touch per possession.  I'd run the whole bunch.  Just saying.

isavedjazz:
Yikes

Hogmatic:
8 is enough.......

checkraiser88:

--- Quote from: MakingPlays on January 09, 2019, 10:06:27 pm ---Isiah Joe is not a top 50 NBA prospect, please stop telling people that.  Isiah Joe is not even a top 100 NBA prospect.  Just because one person put him in his top 50 after he had a few good shooting games does not make that an accurate statement.  Draftexpress, nbadraft.net, cbssports, and other credible sources that actually talk to GMs and Scouts and put together top 100 boards based off of actual feedback from scouts haven't even made a profile for Isiah Joe yet.

--- End quote ---

I think it's safe to say he'll be in the league one day, regardless if it's next year, or after senior year. The point is we have pieces on this team to win our home games at the very least against an average SEC squad.

Big Nasty 34:

--- Quote from: jst01 on January 09, 2019, 10:05:36 pm ---It’s not just that they lost. It’s the look of the team. The “how”. But you understand that I bet. Carry on the defense strategy now.

--- End quote ---

Would wager to say every non elite team has these nights. Youth makes for more inconsistencies and head scratching moments.

code red:

--- Quote from: TheSportsGuy on January 09, 2019, 10:05:30 pm ---Young?  Yes.  Effort?  Effort knows no age or experience.  Tonight....we had 3 minutes of any effort at all.  That's on coach.  That's on players.

--- End quote ---
Absolutely spot on.  this was one of the hardest games for me to watch in my life.  Florida was trying to look give us the game and we wouldn't take it.

Mr. Porkleone:
8 years in. What a joke. Young team, we lost some good players last year. Yada Yada, Yada

mbgrulz:

--- Quote from: checkraiser88 on January 09, 2019, 10:09:30 pm ---I think it's safe to say he'll be in the league one day, regardless if it's next year, or after senior year. The point is we have pieces on this team to win our home games at the very least against an average SEC squad.

--- End quote ---
That’s not “safe” to say by any stretch. He’ll be really lucky to get there. He looks like he’ll be a good college player, but the % of guys who make the league is so small.

Part of our issue is youth, and part of it is talent level. We just simply don’t have a lot of guys that other SEC schools wanted.

CMA is going a pretty good job. We’re out-performing most SEC schools. The question is how long pretty good will be enough?

bhogs05:
I wonder how many times Mike will say energy in his post game presser. Oh and just think how good we will be when Gafford is gone..but I'm sure once Mike gets his players we will be just fine.

MakingPlays:

--- Quote from: checkraiser88 on January 09, 2019, 10:09:30 pm ---I think it's safe to say he'll be in the league one day, regardless if it's next year, or after senior year. The point is we have pieces on this team to win our home games at the very least against an average SEC squad.

--- End quote ---

I gotcha and knew what you meant, I'm just mad right now lol.  That was the worst 35 minutes of basketball I ever seen.

LAHogfan123:

--- End quote ---

Man, shut this mess up about this being a young team.  That doesn't hold water.  Young teams have won NCAA championships. 

Now, you are correct about this not being Mikes fault, he wasn't out there bricking free throws tonight.

PonderinHog:

--- Quote from: Big Nasty 34 on January 09, 2019, 10:09:34 pm ---Would wager to say every non elite team has these nights. Youth makes for more inconsistencies and head scratching moments.

--- End quote ---
Lots of bleeding scalps tonight.

swineology:
Young team ???

Excuses are getting old, this is year 8 and Mike is responsible for this "young team"

Breems:

--- Quote from: BannerMountainMan on January 09, 2019, 10:03:12 pm ---Ehh everybody said at the beginning of the year their would be losses that should be wins and wins that should be losses because we literally only have 4 guys that’s ever played D1 College basketball and everybody was like, “yeah that’s true”, and now that statement has come to pass and everybody is acting like it’s a surprise. Typical.

--- End quote ---

Still waiting for those wins that should be losses. Although, technically you could say that about most of our wins at this point.

3 losses on our home court to teams with a combined record of 26-18.

hogsmash12:

--- Quote from: Hogmatic on January 09, 2019, 10:09:03 pm ---8 is enough.......

--- End quote ---

That was a good show in its day...but yes

Hogmatic:

--- Quote from: hogsmash12 on January 09, 2019, 10:34:33 pm ---That was a good show in its day...but yes

--- End quote ---

I loved that show too.  I hate to smudge that show in the name of this mess but....8 is enough.

kaiserhog:
We have a young team every year.  Youth is no longer excuse.  This is old, this is tired.  What a joke.

AirWarren:
Irrational fans living in 94.

This team is going to lose some games. Way too much youth.

hobhog:
He is a nice guy.

pigroots:
Why are we so young? So inexperienced? So poor on ft line? So poor rebounding? So turnover prone? So this? So that? Who is the one in charge so we can get these things fixed? So tell me..

jdlew:
Name one MA team at Arkansas that has overachieved..and whose fault is it that we are the youngest team in the country this year...yes..it's the coaches job to maintain some kind of roster balance..

maxhog5:

--- Quote from: jdlew on January 10, 2019, 01:27:19 am ---Name one MA team at Arkansas that has overachieved.

--- End quote ---

Last year's team overachieved.  They were a gritty bunch that won some games they had no business winning.

parallaxpig:

--- Quote from: AirWarren on January 09, 2019, 11:20:39 pm ---Irrational fans living in 94.

--- End quote ---

You are correct. Arkansas fans have no right to expect a winner.

parallaxpig:

--- Quote from: hobhog on January 10, 2019, 12:01:12 am ---He is a nice guy.

--- End quote ---

Dresses well also.

ICEman:
There never has been a sense of urgency with Mike Anderson. 0.500 conference ball is not good at all but it seems to keep him off of the hot seat.

ifghog:

--- Quote from: AirWarren on January 09, 2019, 11:20:39 pm ---Irrational fans living in 94.

--- End quote ---
Why are we young? Because MA cant manage the roster. Its year 8. No more excuses.

EasyRider81:

--- End quote ---

Well played. Doubt 90% on here will get the sarcasm.

rzrbackhogfan:

--- End quote ---
Im not calling for MA's head, due to the fact I am not sure who we would hire, but last nights game had so many red flags.  I am waiting for the "theory" we are positioning ourselves for a good spot in the SEC tourney.
#1 Gafford takes 4 shots in the game.  Played 27 minutes and only got 4 shots. 
#2 30% field goal percent (15 - 50)
#3 23% from the 3 (6-26)
#4 0 bench points (0 - 10)
We should all be thankful for Mason Jones because he actually had a good game.  Without him those stats become even more dismal. 
Without Jones
FT% 3 - 13(23%)
FG% 8 - 37 (21%)
3PT% 2 - 17 (12%)

Little Lady Back:

--- End quote ---

You are correct but you cannot blame fans for being upset for that debacle of a game last night. We played terrible, looked to have no game plan, got beat by Florida AGAIN, not to mention, a very beatable Florida team. It is what it is...   

HogBreath:

--- Quote from: maxhog5 on January 10, 2019, 02:39:31 am ---
Last year's team overachieved.  They were a gritty bunch that won some games they had no business winning.

--- End quote ---

You're joking right?  Last year's team had three of the top five Juco recruits on it, to go along with a lottery pick.  That was a stacked team.

moses_007:
Get ready for many more SEC losses this year.  This team can't shoot, except for Jones.

bollweevil:
In this era of "one-and-done," most of the elite programs have rosters heavy with freshmen and sophomores. It's the reality of college basketball in 2019. Being young is not an excuse for what I saw last night.

Pat Goss:
where are the good players from the 3 previous seasons

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version
Mobile View