• 10,165,606 Posts
• 405,366 Topics
• 23,135 Hogvillians
THE RULES (Read 'em!)
Quick Links
Pick'Ems:Football      Basketball      Baseball
Sister Sites:Gridiron HistoryFearless Friday
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Do the Hogs practice in BWA?  (Read 849 times)

OinkinOregon

Do the Hogs practice in BWA?
« on: January 09, 2019, 09:47:01 pm »

I know fancy Basketball practice facilities are the rage but you have to know your home court rims!  If theyíre not practicing in BWA they better start.

RedRock

Re: Do the Hogs practice in BWA?
« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2019, 09:48:31 pm »

Agree.  Better start practicing in BWA.

Sponsored Ad

Hogville encourages you to do business with the following...

checkraiser88

« Reply #2 on: January 09, 2019, 09:51:01 pm »

We were complaining about not having a basketball facility to practice in. Now that we have one we are complaining that they can't shoot in BWA. Isn't it great?
« Last Edit: January 09, 2019, 10:12:47 pm by checkraiser88 »

RedRock

« Reply #3 on: January 09, 2019, 09:55:35 pm »

We were complaining about now having a basketball facility to practice in. Now that we have one we are complaining that they can't shoot in BWA. Isn't it great?

Might shoot better if all the rims on campus were removed.  Backboard only.  Would definitely make us a better rebounding team.

hawganatic

• Hogvillian
  • Surfing the web at Hogville.net
« Reply #4 on: January 09, 2019, 09:57:53 pm »

Oh good lord!!  For years we constantly saw on this site that we wouln't win big again until we had a practice facility.  Now that we have one, some of you think that's the reason we lose.

Really wonder if some of you actually watch sports.

RedRock

« Reply #5 on: January 09, 2019, 10:01:38 pm »

Oh good lord!!  For years we constantly saw on this site that we wouln't win big again until we had a practice facility.  Now that we have one, some of you think that's the reason we lose.

I watched us lose a nail biter against Florida.  Just imagine if the new practice facility was not built.  Would have been a blowout.

OinkinOregon

« Reply #6 on: January 09, 2019, 10:03:04 pm »

There are those that watch and those that play.  Part of home court advantage is having your spots.  If we are going to jack the threes we better practice on the court we play.

OinkinOregon

« Reply #7 on: January 09, 2019, 10:03:52 pm »

I watched us lose a nail biter against Florida.  Just imagine if the new practice facility was not built.  Would have been a blowout.
Blowout by who?

RedRock

« Reply #8 on: January 09, 2019, 10:05:07 pm »

Blowout by who?

Florida has us down 15.  Could have stayed at 15 or gotten worse.

OinkinOregon

« Reply #9 on: January 09, 2019, 10:08:15 pm »

Florida has us down 15.  Could have stayed at 15 or gotten worse.
You credit a practice facility for the closeness of the game at the end.  Got it!

RedRock

« Reply #10 on: January 09, 2019, 10:12:06 pm »

You credit a practice facility for the closeness of the game at the end.  Got it!

The kids were conditioned and well prepared down the stretch to fight back.  Would have never happened if intense practices were not going on in that practice facility.

Big Nasty 34

• All-American Hogvillian
  • John 3:16
« Reply #11 on: January 09, 2019, 10:15:27 pm »

Pretty sure most practices are in BWA. Donít see many videos of team work in the practice facility

LAHogfan123

« Reply #12 on: January 09, 2019, 10:15:43 pm »

I know fancy Basketball practice facilities are the rage but you have to know your home court rims!  If theyíre not practicing in BWA they better start.

One of the most stupid things ever to spend money for ANY program was a practice facility.   You should spend every minute on your home floor that you're going to be playing your games on.  Case in point, when Larry Bird was playing in the NBA, he talked of playing in the old Boston Garden, and how much it benefited him and his teammates because they practiced there everyday, he knew every loose board, and dead spot on that floor.  He said after years of use, the floor had certain areas that when you dribbled a ball on it, the ball had a tendency to not bounce right, good things to know when playing your opponents.

Same can be said with basketball rims, we all probably play ball here and there, I usually get together with some of my friends and play a Saturday once or twice a month, we play in some old high school gyms we have use of.  It's something how different rims can be, sometimes from one end to the other it seems, lol.

RedRock

« Reply #13 on: January 09, 2019, 10:17:03 pm »

Pretty sure most practices are in BWA. Donít see many videos of team work in the practice facility

It's because of the locks on the new doors.  Closed practices to work on the alley oops.

Big Nasty 34

« Reply #14 on: January 09, 2019, 10:17:26 pm »

One of the most stupid things ever to spend money for ANY program was a practice facility.   You should spend every minute on your home floor that you're going to be playing your games on.  Case in point, when Larry Bird was playing in the NBA, he talked of playing in the old Boston Garden, and how much it benefited him and his teammates because they practiced there everyday, he knew every loose board, and dead spot on that floor.  He said after years of use, the floor had certain areas that when you dribbled a ball on it, the ball had a tendency to not bounce right, good things to know when playing your opponents.

Same can be said with basketball rims, we all probably play ball here and there, I usually get together with some of my friends and play a Saturday once or twice a month, we play in some old high school gyms we have use of.  It's something how different rims can be, sometimes from one end to the other it seems, lol.

Thereís another basketball team on campus. The facility allows for flexibility and access at any time. Bailey talked about shooting at like 2 in the morning.

RedRock

« Reply #15 on: January 09, 2019, 10:24:09 pm »

Thereís another basketball team on campus. The facility allows for flexibility and access at any time. Bailey talked about shooting at like 2 in the morning.

Young man should be in bed dreaming about the NCAA tourney.

Big Nasty 34

« Reply #16 on: January 09, 2019, 10:26:18 pm »

Young man should be in bed dreaming about the NCAA tourney.

He said he did that instead of other things college kids did. Sounds like a good decision. Wish it paid more dividends finishing down low :/

RedRock

« Reply #17 on: January 09, 2019, 10:29:04 pm »

He said he did that instead of other things college kids did. Sounds like a good decision. Wish it paid more dividends finishing down low :/

He has to work on his turn around jump shot.  Could be a compliment to Gafford.

Inhogswetrust

• Gold Hogvillian
  • Guessing is easier than actually trying!
« Reply #18 on: January 09, 2019, 10:33:15 pm »

99% of all teams both DI college and pro now have practice courts if not full blown practice facilities. Funny how you didnít say Bird mentioned the rims but he did the floor. Nobody plays in an arena like the old garden anymore. Not even Boston.

LAHogfan123

« Reply #19 on: January 09, 2019, 11:21:05 pm »

99% of all teams both DI college and pro now have practice courts if not full blown practice facilities. Funny how you didnít say Bird mentioned the rims but he did the floor. Nobody plays in an arena like the old garden anymore. Not even Boston.

He mentioned everything about playing in the garden, the rims, the floor, the hostile crowds there and how they would boo even you if needed.  The reason I mentioned the floor was I'd never thought much about the floor, and our old gym had/has a crappy one.  Just thought it was interesting.

P.S.  Oh, and yes, everyone knows about everybody has practice facilities now, I even said that.  And as I said, it's a waste of money, it was a way for one to say, LOOK WHAT I GOT!  Then to keep up, you have to build a nicer one to show off and say, LOOK WHAT I GOT!  Teams went decades and done just fine v without them.

Roadhog82

• Varsity
  • Surfing the web at Hogville.net
« Reply #20 on: January 10, 2019, 08:25:31 am »

What we need is a free throw shooting facility

Superhog1959

« Reply #21 on: January 10, 2019, 09:01:34 am »

What we need is a free throw shooting facility
Free throws made the difference. If we would have had a lead, even more of a difference.
Sadly to say, free throws should not have been the difference. The reason they were, was very poor shooting by the hogs. I get, they should practice where they play thing, but you should at least be able to hit the rim when you shoot. (anywhere). I saw many air balls, and most of the shots weren't bad selection shots, just missed everything.
Looks to me like the players need to focus on squaring up to the basket, be fast but don't hurry. Second half was somewhat better, but the first half really stank. 
Pages: [1]   Go Up

KARK
KWNA
Fox 16 Arkansas