Quick Links
Pick'Ems:Football      Basketball      Baseball
Sister Sites:Gridiron HistoryFearless Friday
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Chaney  (Read 1727 times)

Hooter

Chaney
« on: January 09, 2019, 09:43:19 pm »

Why in the world is he sitting and Bailey and Gabe getting the minutes.  Just donít understand....

The Hogfather

Re: Chaney
« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2019, 09:49:14 pm »

Likely another effing transfer candidate.  Ugh.

Sponsored Ad

Hogville encourages you to do business with the following...

sasnakrafan

« Reply #2 on: January 09, 2019, 09:49:25 pm »

Cause he an underclassmen? I mean I know Mike tends to play upperclassmen for the maturity and experience sake, but I think he needs to play the frosh as they sometimes are more mentally ready than one may think, especially if they're more talented.

Pumbaa

« Reply #3 on: January 09, 2019, 09:51:23 pm »

No, just no

zebradynasty

• Senior
  • Surfing the web at Hogville.net
« Reply #4 on: January 09, 2019, 09:52:14 pm »

I dunno..MA does seem to have Chaney on a shorter rope than other upperclassman or freshman.

Hooter

« Reply #5 on: January 09, 2019, 09:52:18 pm »

Gabe and Adrio arenít even in his league.  Keep sitting him behind inferior players and he is gonna go.

The Hogfather

« Reply #6 on: January 09, 2019, 09:55:19 pm »

No, just no

I hope not.  I really do.  But, when kids like him sit the bench while guys like Adrio hit the bottom side of the rim and high dribble the ball out of bounds on fast breaks, they get frustrated and leave.  Sometimes, I canít blame them, although Iíd stick it out.

BannerMountainMan

« Reply #7 on: January 09, 2019, 10:07:19 pm »

I hope not.  I really do.  But, when kids like him sit the bench while guys like Adrio hit the bottom side of the rim and high dribble the ball out of bounds on fast breaks, they get frustrated and leave.  Sometimes, I canít blame them, although Iíd stick it out.
Adrio sat on the bench his whole freshman year and then came in at the NCAA tourney against NC and played great and shouldíve led us to a sweet 16 until the refs did what they did, maybe Chaney just had a bad week of practice, never know when itís your time to shine.

LumberBacks

« Reply #8 on: January 09, 2019, 10:17:20 pm »

Why in the world is he sitting and Bailey and Gabe getting the minutes.  Just donít understand....
Chaney still makes rookie mistakes but way more upside. 

Big Nasty 34

• All-American Hogvillian
  • John 3:16
« Reply #9 on: January 09, 2019, 10:19:19 pm »

I dunno..MA does seem to have Chaney on a shorter rope than other upperclassman or freshman.
Only freshman that doesnít have a short rope is Joe.

The Hogfather

« Reply #10 on: January 09, 2019, 10:20:39 pm »

Adrio sat on the bench his whole freshman year and then came in at the NCAA tourney against NC and played great and shouldíve led us to a sweet 16 until the refs did what they did, maybe Chaney just had a bad week of practice, never know when itís your time to shine.

You donít have to convince me.  Convince him and his family.

MakingPlays

« Reply #11 on: January 09, 2019, 10:29:51 pm »

Really?  He played "ok" 2 seasons ago and that justifies him sucking it up and still getting to start and play big time minutes.  Jalen Hudson was considered a 2nd round draft pick had a great season last year, he didn't work hard in the off-season and been stinking it up and Mike White had him over there on the bench with him, and just now let him back in the starting lineup this game. 

I'm sorry but anybody that thinks Adrio Bailey is playing good basketball right now and deserves to be on the court doesn't know anything about basketball, CMA has even talked about how bad he's been playing and joked that he was going to be sitting with him if he doesn't step it up, yet he doesn't step it up and still keeps him out there.  Why he does this is beyond me.  Is Coach A a Kappa?  I know TJ is.  That's the only thing I got left on maybe why he still plays him, looking out for his frat brother or something.

ChicoHog

• Hall of Fame Hogvillian
  • RIP Glenn. You're "Already Gone" way too soon
« Reply #12 on: January 09, 2019, 10:34:25 pm »

I agree with all of you on Chaney but he had a horrible first half tonight.  Maybe Anderson thought it wasn't his night?  Maybe he was sulking?  I don't know what else it could be. 

outlawhogeywells

« Reply #13 on: January 09, 2019, 11:17:25 pm »

gabe and Dario still make rookie mistakes.

Darren DeLoach (semohawg)

« Reply #14 on: January 10, 2019, 12:01:43 am »

Oh please...he is the BEST forward on the team. PERIOD. Not playing him for anything other than being a malcontent is utter insanity.

Hooter

« Reply #15 on: January 10, 2019, 07:32:02 am »

Chaney should be getting 14-16 minutes per game, every game.  He comes in and rebounds, defends and works his butt off.  What is his reward?  Ride the pine and watch the ineptitude of Gabe and Adrio.  Anderson doesnít have a clue on how to wor his substitute patterns to benefit the team.  How often do you see Chaney and Gafford at the same time?  At least try something different.....

Corkscrew Johnson

• Hey Houston, hold onto my rope!!
« Reply #16 on: January 10, 2019, 07:47:05 am »

Gabeís decision-making is hard to watch. Itís sad when you breath a sigh of relief when one of your own players gets his 3rd foul.

The Hogfather

« Reply #17 on: January 10, 2019, 07:59:48 am »

Chaney should be getting 14-16 minutes per game, every game.  He comes in and rebounds, defends and works his butt off.  What is his reward?  Ride the pine and watch the ineptitude of Gabe and Adrio.  Anderson doesnít have a clue on how to wor his substitute patterns to benefit the team.  How often do you see Chaney and Gafford at the same time?  At least try something different.....

I could understand if Bailey/Gabe were consistently giving positive minutes.  They just aren't.  I'd rather ride with someone who can actually make a shot, even if he makes some mistakes sometimes.

The Hogfather

« Reply #18 on: January 10, 2019, 08:00:21 am »

I think we have to do this.  Probably means Bailey/Gabe are in-line for increased minutes....

Kevin

• Gold Hogvillian
  • RIP LILY, WE MISS YOU DEARLY
« Reply #19 on: January 10, 2019, 08:07:50 am »

rather watch chaney make mistakes, than gabe jack up threes, and bailey get blocked at the rim 90% of the time.

Little Lady Back

• Senior
« Reply #20 on: January 10, 2019, 08:38:01 am »

rather watch chaney make mistakes, than gabe jack up threes, and bailey get blocked at the rim 90% of the time.

Definitely agree with you...

ShadowHawg

« Reply #21 on: January 10, 2019, 08:50:02 am »

Chaney played scared when he was in there.

He is slow on d since we entered SEC play. He looks nervous.

He had an easy dunk and hesitated before putting up a point blank layup attempt that went to the other side of the backboard without hitting the rim.

I think he will settle back in in a couple weeks but right now he is being given chances to play early, but he isn't earning his way back on the court yet.

bosshog84

« Reply #22 on: January 10, 2019, 08:56:12 am »

Yep. That 3 Gabe jacked up in the first half well behind the line with time left on the shot clock was just awful.

The Hogfather

« Reply #23 on: January 10, 2019, 08:57:48 am »

Yep.  For 33 minutes.

The Hogfather

« Reply #24 on: January 10, 2019, 09:01:18 am »

Chaney played scared when he was in there.

He is slow on d since we entered SEC play. He looks nervous.

He had an easy dunk and hesitated before putting up a point blank layup attempt that went to the other side of the backboard without hitting the rim.

I think he will settle back in in a couple weeks but right now he is being given chances to play early, but he isn't earning his way back on the court yet.

Don't care.  Still worth it.  Compare his "scared play" with overconfident players who take the ball "strong" to the hoop, only to lose the ball out of bounds or get rejected 90% of the time, jack 3s while shooting 16% on the season, etc.

jchill

« Reply #25 on: January 12, 2019, 01:18:31 am »

I think either he was sick or it's some disciplinary reasons. He's too good to keep on the bench for 35 minutes.

raz1965

• Senior
« Reply #26 on: January 12, 2019, 03:49:23 pm »

Basketball is such a mental game, looking at Chaney you can tell he has the tools to play, just a matter of confidence an experience.

theFlyingHog

« Reply #27 on: January 12, 2019, 05:22:12 pm »

Did someone ask for more Chaney?

BannerMountainMan

« Reply #28 on: January 12, 2019, 05:25:23 pm »

Did someone ask for more Chaney?
and they will get it all year!! People had a heart attack last game when he didnít play but 5 minutes because of 2 dumb shots and and 2 could real quick when he came in.

Boardon Hamsay

• Gold Hogvillian
  • Eponymous Keeper of the War Damn Mockingbird Unis
« Reply #29 on: January 12, 2019, 05:37:45 pm »

Have we checked the portal?

HogBreath

« Reply #30 on: January 12, 2019, 05:56:02 pm »

and they will get it all year!! People had a heart attack last game when he didnít play but 5 minutes because of 2 dumb shots and and 2 could real quick when he came in.
Well, yeah, other than when he doesn't play...like the last game... Duh.

But just ignore that.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

KARK
KWNA
Fox 16 Arkansas