• 10,057,038 Posts
• 402,612 Topics
• 23,008 Hogvillians
THE RULES (Read 'em!)
Quick Links
Pick'Ems:Football      Basketball      Baseball
Sister Sites:Gridiron HistoryFearless Friday
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Down

Author Topic: Storey transferring?  (Read 11418 times)

hawgtime

Re: Storey transferring?
« Reply #50 on: January 09, 2019, 08:34:03 pm »

We have 9 new players (*if I’m not mistaken) coming in to help the oline (*clearly there will be redshirts to get them physically ready but the new 4 game rule keeps them focused as if they will play, because they might!) from PWO’s to incoming Freshmen on scholarship and those aforementioned Jucos. We only 8-9 semi healthy oline players for most of last year. That’s a nightmare scenario for any Coach to clean up but then add that he had a couple “Locker Room “Lawyers” and “their guys” (his words) making it very difficult for Coach Fry.

The O Line is going to get fixed under Fry’s coaching and recruiting. I know the HVBT sells him short but he can recruit and coach—look at who he is on for 2020 then go see what they are saying about Fry.. I firmly believe the oline will be MUCH better this Fall, not perfect, but it will be very different from this past season.

Any QB coming in will also be excited about these incoming freshmen WR’s and Henry.

If we get Buechele and I think we do... Next Fall will be a LOT more fun to watch.

On another note, “UnkownNobody” told me early last Fall to watch the 2016 Texas-ND game...  That if Herman has Buechele ride the bench that he would excel in Morris’s Offense and then listed the various connections to our Staff. Just wanted to give him some credit for an outstanding observation.

Here is a condensed video of that game...

is Buechele a GRAD transfer so he is immediately eligible?

UnknownNobody

« Reply #51 on: January 09, 2019, 08:34:16 pm »

My guess is Ty was told he wouldn't be the starter.  No way he isn't confident enough to beat out a true incoming freshman and a baseball player.

Gloves are off, Morris knows what he has with Storey and has decided to get a grad transfer or go young. He tried being nice last year, he isn't going to be nice anymore,  you either move the program forward or he is gonna find someone who will.

Sponsored Ad

Hogville encourages you to do business with the following...

Hawg Law 7

• Bench Warmer
  • Surfing the web at Hogville.net
« Reply #52 on: January 09, 2019, 08:36:17 pm »

is Buechele a GRAD transfer so he is immediately eligible?

Yes. He graduates in May and would be a grad transfer eligible to play immediately next season.

mhsbc59

• All-American Hogvillian
  • "Cause thats how I Role"
« Reply #53 on: January 09, 2019, 08:42:01 pm »

Yeah more walk on get free school now since no matter what we can only sign 29.

UnknownNobody

« Reply #54 on: January 09, 2019, 08:50:38 pm »

Yes. He graduates in May and would be a grad transfer eligible to play immediately next season.

And have 2yrs of eligibility.

Drop the Mike

« Reply #55 on: January 09, 2019, 08:51:41 pm »

Would be nice if he were a dec. grad

redhogchilipepper

« Reply #56 on: January 09, 2019, 08:52:44 pm »

If this is true I wish him well. He really gave it his best. Just couldn’t make the jump to this level of football. This has to mean coach has someone locked up.

Inhogswetrust

• Gold Hogvillian
  • Guessing is easier than actually trying!
« Reply #57 on: January 09, 2019, 08:58:27 pm »

History says not as a freshman

I guess history said that Monday night........no wait never mind it didn’t.

Sivad

« Reply #58 on: January 09, 2019, 08:58:41 pm »

This has to mean coach has someone locked up.
We hope.

UnknownNobody

« Reply #59 on: January 09, 2019, 08:59:52 pm »

And Brad Taylor says "Hey!"

RyanMallettsEgo

• Take it easy, I'm pre-law.
« Reply #60 on: January 09, 2019, 09:08:29 pm »

I guess a few instances scattered throughout history mean that it's a trend.

redhogchilipepper

« Reply #61 on: January 09, 2019, 09:08:55 pm »

MM had a good run as a freshman even with a dipstick as Head coach

(notOM)Rebel123

« Reply #62 on: January 09, 2019, 09:08:56 pm »

Surely you aren’t comparing Brad Taylor to Trevor Lawrence?

Well, Taylor did throw for 726 yards and 1 TD as a freshman

I haven’t read through all the comments but if I’m misinterpreting your post, my bad.
« Last Edit: January 09, 2019, 09:47:10 pm by (notOM)Rebel123 »

(notOM)Rebel123

« Reply #63 on: January 09, 2019, 09:48:54 pm »

Ha!

The real Hogules

• Hall of Fame Hogvillian
  • My Hogs are bad ass!
« Reply #64 on: January 09, 2019, 09:55:58 pm »

Good luck to Ty in the future!

Inhogswetrust

• Gold Hogvillian
  • Guessing is easier than actually trying!
« Reply #65 on: January 09, 2019, 10:01:15 pm »

I guess a few instances scattered throughout history mean that it's a trend.

No not indicative of a trend but shows a good freshman starting isn’t out of the question.

(notOM)Rebel123

« Reply #66 on: January 09, 2019, 10:04:38 pm »

No not indicative of a trend but shows a good freshman starting isn’t out of the question.
There’s been several over the years.
« Last Edit: January 09, 2019, 10:49:15 pm by (notOM)Rebel123 »

bennyl08

• Gold Hogvillian
  • Ever since the war I've had a drinking problem
« Reply #67 on: January 09, 2019, 10:12:59 pm »

You have no room to lecture anyone about anything. So move on. So that gives us Connor Noland, KJ Jefferson coming in, the Jones kid, Hyatt and Lindsey.... Any of these guys other than KJ that might be a difference maker at QB and fit the Morris QB mold??

Any of them might be a difference maker. Really insightful on my part, i know. However, what I mean by that, is that every one of them has the physical tools to be a top notch SEC QB.

Connor Noland is BA 2.0. Seriously, from the size, the running ability, release, arm strength, accuracy, etc... Brandon of course took several years to click mentally. Noland similarly struggled in some early play this year.

Hyatt: He's a project player. High ceiling, low floor. If he clicks, he could be the best of the bunch, if he doesn't, he could be the worst, or anywhere in between. Good wheels, good arm, very raw technique and needs a lot of work on consistency and reading the field.

Lindsay: Has very good size, strong arm, good deep ball accuracy, and puts some touch on the ball for shorter throws. This and the past coaching staff talked well of him and at least his HS tape is certainly comparable to most scholly qb's, but he also has never seriously been in contention for playing time.

KJ: Physically, he has it all. Well, he could stand to add some more weight, but his arm is really impressive. Best arm, accuracy, and touch of the group. Good athleticism too. Very high ceiling and a much higher floor IMO than say Hyatt. However, like any of the other qb's on our roster, it'll all come down to what clicks.

As for who fits the "Morris Mold", I'd argue that none of them and all of them should fit the mold. With QB, you can't afford to have a mold. Petrino built radically different offenses around Mallett, Wilson, and later Lamar Jackson. You find talented qb's and tailor your playcalling to them. Can Morris do that? He has done so in the past. Hicks has the same arm strength, accuracy (at least when not under SEC pressure), and athleticism as Storey and Morris was able to have success relative to SMU with him. Given that he's been able to use a wide variety of players in the past in weaker conferences, I hope and believe he has the potential to do so in the SEC. Like our own QB's, I believe Morris has the tools needed, he just needs it to click.

Marshfieldhog

« Reply #68 on: January 09, 2019, 10:17:29 pm »

Hyatt’s arm may fall off this Spring. Who else
will be at QB for Spring practice? Noland will be on the ballfield. Hill???

(notOM)Rebel123

« Reply #69 on: January 09, 2019, 10:19:03 pm »

Any chance that a transfer QB comes in? Has the deadline to enroll for the Spring semester passed?

UnknownNobody

« Reply #70 on: January 09, 2019, 10:25:15 pm »

Connor Noland is on a FOOTBALL scholarship. Morris is allowing him to play baseball but has said (over and over ad nauseam) that he will be at Spring Practices.

onebadrubi

• Gold Hogvillian
« Reply #71 on: January 09, 2019, 10:26:53 pm »

Mike has been telling ya'll but some just refuse to listen.

I believe those are just broad statements.   

RaisinHog

« Reply #72 on: January 09, 2019, 10:37:20 pm »

People always set them self up for disipointment... Thinking like this .. that guy is a once in a generation tallent KJ played at a small school in Alabama and is raw as idk what ... He has great measurables and by all accounts a ton of potential but will need development.. most do

UnknownNobody

« Reply #73 on: January 09, 2019, 10:41:35 pm »

Really? Go ask Mike.

HOGINTENNESSEE

• Ryan Mallett: "I don't get nervous"
« Reply #74 on: January 09, 2019, 10:44:36 pm »

Any chance that a transfer QB comes in? Has the deadline to enroll for the Spring semester passed?

Deadline for spring has not passed. However, it doesn't appear we have any strong possibity for the spring at this moment.

twistitup

« Reply #75 on: January 09, 2019, 10:53:48 pm »

You forget about The Landlord? Don't sleep on Jack Lindsey. Many who watch practice say he's the best we have -

UnknownNobody

« Reply #76 on: January 09, 2019, 10:54:09 pm »

People always set them self up for disipointment... Thinking like this .. that guy is a once in a generation tallent KJ played at a small school in Alabama and is raw as idk what ... He has great measurables and by all accounts a ton of potential but will need development.. most do

Small school in Mississippi and was Player of the Year in Mississippi.

I think most understand your point however what many are saying is considering Storey is leaving we are either getting a Grad Trans or will be taking our lumps with Frosh next Fall.

RaisinHog

« Reply #77 on: January 09, 2019, 10:57:37 pm »

I think most understand your point however what many are saying is considering Storey is leaving we are either getting a Grad Trans or will be taking our lumps with Frosh next Fall.
[/quote

Most probably agree but some people just see 4 star qb omg he is cam Newton from day one .. there is a butt ton of 4 star qbs and most need development

jgphillips3

• Life is too short for bad beer.
« Reply #78 on: January 09, 2019, 11:04:30 pm »

If true, I wish Ty the best.  He gave us all that he could. 

Mike Irwin

« Reply #79 on: January 09, 2019, 11:05:05 pm »

Seriously? If you think you have the QBs you need on campus you don't announce in a press conference that you're looking for a grad transfer QB to the point that you are saving a scholarship for such a QB. You also don't go so far as to admit that you are willing to wait until the summer to get a grad transfer QB.

Those two statements told me that he does not see somebody currently on campus or signed in this class as the starting QB next fall. It also seems to indicate that the grad transfer he's looking at is a spring graduate.

Finally Storey entering the transfer portal likely means that he's talked to Morris and knows that Morris wants to start a grad transfer next fall.

UnknownNobody

« Reply #80 on: January 09, 2019, 11:07:26 pm »

[/quote

Most probably agree but some people just see 4 star qb omg he is cam Newton from day one .. there is a butt ton of 4 star qbs and most need development

Agreed and you are correct that KJ needs development. I think that is why they are working so hard to get a Grad Transfer.

AirWarren

• Football impotence of the Midwest
« Reply #81 on: January 09, 2019, 11:18:05 pm »

Looks like coach Morris is about to break some balls. No more nice guy. The goal is win. Not powder arse.

OneTuskOverTheLine™

• Gold Hogvillian
  • One tusk over the line sweet Jesus...
« Reply #82 on: January 09, 2019, 11:46:52 pm »

You mean OC too right..?

yraciv

« Reply #83 on: January 10, 2019, 12:00:43 am »

If Storey transfers what qb’s are available in spring ball? Hyatt & John Stephen Jones, anyone else?

PigPusher

• Just another day as a Hog!!!
« Reply #84 on: January 10, 2019, 12:12:13 am »

It amazes just how many fans in this state thinks a freshman quarterback coming to Arkansas cannot start as a freshman. Can't be the situation with freshmen in all other schools as they are in fact starting all around the country. Is is a lack of knowledge on the fans part or a general lack of quarterback talent coming to the University of Arkansas. Tend to think it might be the fan.

UnknownNobody

« Reply #85 on: January 10, 2019, 12:13:57 am »

If Storey transfers what qb’s are available in spring ball? Hyatt & John Stephen Jones, anyone else?

Connor Noland. Now before you respond with "but he's playing baseball" Noland is on a FOOTBALL scholarship and Morris is allowing him to play baseball. Morris has said he and Van Horn have worked it out and Noland will be available for Spring Practice.

jacketsting

• Bench Warmer
« Reply #86 on: January 10, 2019, 01:25:58 am »

Oh great now Storey is the story of the day.

RowNorseRow

• Bench Warmer
« Reply #87 on: January 10, 2019, 01:36:10 am »

This might be nothing, but Rakeem Boyd is talking to Jalen Hurts and Hurts is asking what the word is, which could possibly be about Ty transferring, although the only problem I have with that is if Jalen wanted to come here he wouldn’t need Ty to transfer to be all but guaranteed the starting job next season. It is something to follow though.

hogfan1981

• Varsity
« Reply #88 on: January 10, 2019, 05:25:24 am »

Any of them might be a difference maker. Really insightful on my part, i know. However, what I mean by that, is that every one of them has the physical tools to be a top notch SEC QB.

Connor Noland is BA 2.0. Seriously, from the size, the running ability, release, arm strength, accuracy, etc... Brandon of course took several years to click mentally. Noland similarly struggled in some early play this year.

Hyatt: He's a project player. High ceiling, low floor. If he clicks, he could be the best of the bunch, if he doesn't, he could be the worst, or anywhere in between. Good wheels, good arm, very raw technique and needs a lot of work on consistency and reading the field.

Lindsay: Has very good size, strong arm, good deep ball accuracy, and puts some touch on the ball for shorter throws. This and the past coaching staff talked well of him and at least his HS tape is certainly comparable to most scholly qb's, but he also has never seriously been in contention for playing time.

KJ: Physically, he has it all. Well, he could stand to add some more weight, but his arm is really impressive. Best arm, accuracy, and touch of the group. Good athleticism too. Very high ceiling and a much higher floor IMO than say Hyatt. However, like any of the other qb's on our roster, it'll all come down to what clicks.

As for who fits the "Morris Mold", I'd argue that none of them and all of them should fit the mold. With QB, you can't afford to have a mold. Petrino built radically different offenses around Mallett, Wilson, and later Lamar Jackson. You find talented qb's and tailor your playcalling to them. Can Morris do that? He has done so in the past. Hicks has the same arm strength, accuracy (at least when not under SEC pressure), and athleticism as Storey and Morris was able to have success relative to SMU with him. Given that he's been able to use a wide variety of players in the past in weaker conferences, I hope and believe he has the potential to do so in the SEC. Like our own QB's, I believe Morris has the tools needed, he just needs it to click.

Solid post. Funny thing about all that is that one of the sports writers, I don't remember if it was Otis or Mike, or even a different one, mentioned during the season that Lindsay looked better than all the other QB's in the portions of practice that were open to the media. I just found that interesting given your break down of the QB roster.

hogfan1981

• Varsity
« Reply #89 on: January 10, 2019, 05:28:45 am »

Seriously? If you think you have the QBs you need on campus you don't announce in a press conference that you're looking for a grad transfer QB to the point that you are saving a scholarship for such a QB. You also don't go so far as to admit that you are willing to wait until the summer to get a grad transfer QB.

Those two statements told me that he does not see somebody currently on campus or signed in this class as the starting QB next fall. It also seems to indicate that the grad transfer he's looking at is a spring graduate.

Finally Storey entering the transfer portal likely means that he's talked to Morris and knows that Morris wants to start a grad transfer next fall.

Hey Mike, just out of curiosity, how come we haven't seen Lindsay in any games? I hear he looked better than the others in practices. Is there something going on there?

redhogchilipepper

« Reply #90 on: January 10, 2019, 05:30:28 am »

You mean OC too right..?

Yes the booger man as well as Danny

hogfan1981

• Varsity
« Reply #91 on: January 10, 2019, 05:40:35 am »

It amazes just how many fans in this state thinks a freshman quarterback coming to Arkansas cannot start as a freshman. Can't be the situation with freshmen in all other schools as they are in fact starting all around the country. Is is a lack of knowledge on the fans part or a general lack of quarterback talent coming to the University of Arkansas. Tend to think it might be the fan.

Yes, some freshman QB's start. However, most of those teams have quite a bit of talent around that QB that makes the transition easier. Arkansas doesn't have that. KJ may very well be able to go to a Clemson, Oklahoma, or Alabama, and start and be successful. However, at those schools he would have a very solid OL protecting him, very good receivers that can get separation and give him easy passing lanes, and very good RB's to hand off to. For Clemson and Alabama, he would also have a good defense on the other side of the ball. All those things take pressure off a QB, and for a freshman, allows them to develop a little bit without having to necessarily put the team solely on his shoulders to go win a game. Not impossible, but very difficult with the situation Razorback football is in right now for a freshman QB. With an experienced QB, while still difficult given the state of Razorback football, it would be much more likely.

The_Iceman

• Gold Hogvillian
  • The Plaque for Alternates is in the Ladies room.
« Reply #92 on: January 10, 2019, 06:03:06 am »

I saw some thing from Connor Noland that showed promise. I think he has the tools, much more than Storey, to be a solid starting QB here. But I also believe we need to add a grad transfer QB so that there is depth and competition.

navyhog24

« Reply #93 on: January 10, 2019, 06:42:55 am »

Noland is not giving football his undivided attention. I think coach wants that especially after the season we just had. KJ won't be be ready even after he redshirts. Taking a 2 year grad transfer makes good sense.

fullfan

« Reply #94 on: January 10, 2019, 06:48:54 am »

I saw some thing from Connor Noland that showed promise.

Yeah a really nice knee-buckling curveball.  Sets up fastball that is good enough with location.  Definitely some promise there...

Gotta believe the same message Storey is picking up on will be in Noland's head as well.  Hard to hang in when staff sends the "no confidence" message.

TNhawgfan

• Jimmy G - A New Hope!
« Reply #95 on: January 10, 2019, 07:18:20 am »

We know what we have with Ty, and it ain't much. Why go down that road again? Go all in on a grad transfer or KJ and see what happens. We can't have a worse conference record than we did last year

Athog

• Hogville.net
« Reply #96 on: January 10, 2019, 07:37:51 am »

History says not as a freshman

Yes ask Clemson!

Kevin

• Gold Hogvillian
  • RIP LILY, WE MISS YOU DEARLY
« Reply #97 on: January 10, 2019, 07:53:19 am »

monday is usually baseballs day off. so i guess there will be a lot of spring football practices on monday.

Al Boarland

« Reply #98 on: January 10, 2019, 08:09:57 am »

Best of luck to him.  Doubt his decision will have much of an impact on how many games we win this season. 

liljo

• Hogvillian
« Reply #99 on: January 10, 2019, 08:15:22 am »

Best of luck to you, Ty. I know you gave us the best you could, and wish you well.

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Up

KARK
KWNA
Fox 16 Arkansas