• 10,058,682 Posts
• 402,657 Topics
• 23,009 Hogvillians
THE RULES (Read 'em!)
Quick Links
Pick'Ems:Football      Basketball      Baseball
Sister Sites:Gridiron HistoryFearless Friday
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Down

Author Topic: Shane Buechele odds  (Read 10936 times)

UnknownNobody

Re: Shane Buechele odds
« Reply #100 on: January 10, 2019, 11:43:57 am »

Yep, if he is the absolute best option sure start him, but much better for long term success to be able to redshirt, and get him ready physically and mentally for the rigors of being an SEC starting QB.  Can ruin a good QB by throwing him out there too soon.  I really like the fact that SB has 2 years.  Can start him in 2019 with CN as the backup and KJ redshirting.  2020 you've got a 5th year SR starter in Buechele, CN can still be the backup and can have designed packages for KJ.  2021 CN is in pro ball and KJ is ready to tear it up for 3 years.

We can bring KJ along slow and get him significant minutes in 4 games and still redshirt him

BossHawg_Outlaw

« Reply #101 on: January 10, 2019, 11:59:49 am »

dude completes 62 percent of his passes, but also throws A LOT of interceptions

Still better then anything we have.  Beggars can't be choosers.

Sponsored Ad

Hogville encourages you to do business with the following...

hawginbigd1

• Hall of Fame Hogvillian
  • Surfing the web at Hogville.net
« Reply #102 on: January 10, 2019, 12:27:30 pm »

He had battled injuries as well. Which for his frame may continue.

But kid can throw it.
Been my thought that Herman is playing the wrong guy, not that Ehlinger is like some Razorback QB's, but just think Buechele is a much better passer. It's hard to argue after some of Ehlinger's performances lately, but I still like SB better.

hawgwash

« Reply #103 on: January 10, 2019, 12:55:32 pm »

So can he take an official visit before he graduates?

DeltaBoy

• Gold Hogvillian
  • I'm Un-Reconstructed. Sic semper tyrannis
« Reply #104 on: January 10, 2019, 01:53:42 pm »

He got a great arm!

FraggleHog

• All-American Hogvillian
  • My name is on Senior Walk
« Reply #105 on: January 10, 2019, 02:08:59 pm »

So can he take an official visit before he graduates?

"Once permission to contact or notification of transfer is in place and your information is entered
in the national transfer database, all applicable NCAA recruiting rules will continue to apply (e.g.,
tryout rules, official visit rules, etc.)."

hawgwash

« Reply #106 on: January 10, 2019, 02:22:45 pm »

"Once permission to contact or notification of transfer is in place and your information is entered
in the national transfer database, all applicable NCAA recruiting rules will continue to apply (e.g.,
tryout rules, official visit rules, etc.)."
Great, thanks FraggleHog.

imtad16

« Reply #107 on: January 10, 2019, 07:26:09 pm »

KB was sold on "We run the same Offense the Cowboys run and will make you the next Dak Prescott."

Which is funny because that offense ranked 22nd in total offense in the NFL and 23rd in Passing. The D is elite, but that particular offense isn't great. The Dallas fans I around want a system change. They have some personnel, but not a great system.

imtad16

« Reply #108 on: January 10, 2019, 07:30:33 pm »

Man, excitement level for winning next year would jump up considerable with Buechele. I think he could be really good in this offense. Tate Martell would make this offense real nasty, but I don't think the connections are there to pull in Martell. With all that said I would still love Buechele.

https://hookemheadlines.com/2019/01/10/texas-football-5-best-landing-spots-for-shane-buechele/

checkraiser88

« Reply #109 on: January 10, 2019, 09:36:12 pm »

He looks good, I want him

Pig in the Pokey

• Gold Hogvillian
  • Roastin da bomb in Fayettenam.
« Reply #110 on: January 10, 2019, 09:37:24 pm »

Man, excitement level for winning next year would jump up considerable with Buechele. I think he could be really good in this offense. Tate Martell would make this offense real nasty, but I don't think the connections are there to pull in Martell. With all that said I would still love Buechele.

https://hookemheadlines.com/2019/01/10/texas-football-5-best-landing-spots-for-shane-buechele/
for real. I like how quick he makes his reads and gets the ball out.

Hopeful Hog

« Reply #111 on: January 10, 2019, 10:48:02 pm »

for real. I like how quick he makes his reads and gets the ball out.

He does have a really quick release.

cardinalandwhite

« Reply #112 on: January 10, 2019, 11:23:21 pm »

Looks like a big-time QB to me, and he has 2 years eligibility. He is, IMO, the absolute best-case scenario for us. Now, is he even transferring?

HOGINTENNESSEE

• Ryan Mallett: "I don't get nervous"
« Reply #113 on: January 10, 2019, 11:39:10 pm »

Looks like a big-time QB to me, and he has 2 years eligibility. He is, IMO, the absolute best-case scenario for us. Now, is he even transferring?

He won't graduate until the summer. So he isn't currently. But he will.

I'm sure having his former HS teammate Kofi Boateng still attending the University is a positive as well.t

1-3 has been the norm

AlmaHog2011

« Reply #114 on: January 11, 2019, 01:37:34 am »

We may or may not beat Mizzou.

But Kelly Bryant is a downgrade from Drew Lock.

Don’t get me wrong, I thought KB was a great option for us, but Drew is a legit NFL caliber QB.

We will beat Missouri!

King Kong

« Reply #115 on: January 11, 2019, 06:42:12 am »

Bring him

FraggleHog

• My name is on Senior Walk
« Reply #116 on: January 11, 2019, 10:26:42 am »

That’s what she said, Heyooo!

RaisinHog

« Reply #117 on: January 11, 2019, 10:33:29 am »

Which is funny because that offense ranked 22nd in total offense in the NFL and 23rd in Passing. The D is elite, but that particular offense isn't great. The Dallas fans I around want a system change. They have some personnel, but not a great system.

This cowboy fan is in agreement

nwahogfan1

« Reply #118 on: January 11, 2019, 10:38:36 am »

Yeah, this almost guarantees we’re getting a grad transfer. Don’t know if this is our guy, but coaches wouldn’t have let Storey walk if they didn’t know we were getting a replacement.

I think the word is out that we WANT a transfer so Storey is doing what is best for him. The ? is now who, when and will he be better. I know Morris is working hard.

99toLife

• Gold Hogvillian
  • Crazy Times Make Crazy people Crazier!!!!
« Reply #119 on: January 11, 2019, 10:49:08 am »

We will beat Missouri!

Hope so, but why do you think we will be a better team than Missouri next year?

Pig in the Pokey

• Gold Hogvillian
« Reply #120 on: January 11, 2019, 12:11:05 pm »

Hope so, but why do you think we will be a better team than Missouri next year?
they signed ONE 4* and lost their only 5* on the team (QB), for one thing. 2nd, Derek Dooley...

31to6

« Reply #121 on: January 11, 2019, 01:04:53 pm »

We will beat Missouri!

Love your confidence.

SooieGeneris

• Senior
  • You don't ever want to be chasin' speed..
« Reply #122 on: January 11, 2019, 01:20:53 pm »

I read one article talking about possible destinations for Martell that included Alabama. Tua will likely leave after next season, so sitting out would not be a big deal.

It said that Enos recruited Martell while at Arkansas, so that's not really a connection. GA was also mentioned, which would be ironic, it would be like a trade Fields for Martell..

I doubt we are anywhere on his radar, which is fine with me from what I've heard about his 'tude. As long as we get Buechele or someone who doesn't have to sit out a year, I'm fine with the others taking a pass, we can't take but one..

bigpigpimpin

« Reply #123 on: January 12, 2019, 10:10:35 pm »

He has "released" it to the other team 16 times....that's why he lost the job at texass

OneTuskOverTheLine™

• Gold Hogvillian
  • One tusk over the line sweet Jesus...
« Reply #124 on: January 12, 2019, 10:29:24 pm »

I think the word is out that we WANT a transfer so Storey is doing what is best for him. The ? is now who, when and will he be better. I know Morris is working hard.

I don't care who comes in. They will have to earn it, and I think Morris' honesty about that is what scared off KB more than anything else. I am pretty sure that he was promised the job at Mizzou, and that is why he took it. I do believe he would have been a much better fit here as well.

texas tush hog

« Reply #125 on: January 12, 2019, 10:40:30 pm »

Is Shane Buechele even in the portal yet?

UnknownNobody

« Reply #126 on: January 12, 2019, 10:45:04 pm »

Is Shane Buechele even in the portal yet?

No however it seems to be widely known that Buechele is finishing his degree and planning to transfer after. Vegas even has odds on where he will end up.

greasy_corner

« Reply #127 on: January 12, 2019, 11:49:33 pm »

I don't care who comes in. They will have to earn it, and I think Morris' honesty about that is what scared off KB more than anything else. I am pretty sure that he was promised the job at Mizzou, and that is why he took it. I do believe he would have been a much better fit here as well.

bull.  "Recruit or Die".  Morris lost Bryant because of the dumpster fire he produced on the field this season.

onebadrubi

• Gold Hogvillian
« Reply #128 on: January 13, 2019, 09:47:53 am »

I doubt this.  KB stood us up on our last visit so the rumor is.  We tried to see him right before he was making his decision and he would t see us.  Telling me we were all In for his 1 year of service and we didn’t get it. 

Dominicanhog

« Reply #129 on: January 13, 2019, 10:17:05 am »

Otis seems to think it's Hicks and we won't take a 2nd QB.. fwiw..

farmhawg

« Reply #130 on: January 13, 2019, 11:45:24 am »

bull.  "Recruit or Die".  Morris lost Bryant because of the dumpster fire he produced on the field this season.
Best recruiting class, possibly ever, you really don’t have much of an argument.

PonderinHog

• Gold Hogvillian
  • Go Hogs and Go Mike Anderson!
« Reply #131 on: January 13, 2019, 10:58:25 pm »

Best recruiting class, possibly ever, you really don’t have much of an argument.
KB took one look at our OL and said,

Hogmatic

« Reply #132 on: January 14, 2019, 08:34:15 am »

You are grasping for straws.   KB gave us a look because he knew Morris.  KB saw the Oline and WRs and said, "see ya"...

Pig in the Pokey

• Gold Hogvillian
« Reply #133 on: January 14, 2019, 12:41:50 pm »

You are grasping for straws.   KB gave us a look because he knew Morris.  KB saw the Oline and WRs and said, "see ya"...
actually, factually untrue. KB saw who we had coming in. What we have is better than what Mizzou has, OL and WR. Mizzou just sold the kid and he really likes Dooley. Hell, Mizzou was SUPER excited about Jonathon 'no catches' Nance, a 2* who has played for three colleges.

This tired old repeated BS is annoying.

presidenthog

« Reply #135 on: January 17, 2019, 07:29:00 am »

https://www.si.com/college-football/2019/01/16/shane-buechele-intends-transfer-texas-longhorns

A swing and miss by us. If ty had waited a week we end up with this guy, and not hicks. Just our luck

WOOPIGDOOIE

• Senior
« Reply #136 on: January 17, 2019, 07:34:35 am »

A swing and miss by us. If ty had waited a week we end up with this guy, and not hicks. Just our luck
Did I miss in the article where it said he wanted to go to Arkansas? No doubt in my mind that if CCM was interested in Shane, he would have found out Shane’s interest in Arkansas before taking Hicks.

ricepig

« Reply #137 on: January 17, 2019, 07:34:42 am »

You don't think they knew his plans?

RazorPiggie

« Reply #138 on: January 17, 2019, 08:22:52 am »

Bring him in and let him battle it out with the others.

presidenthog

« Reply #139 on: January 17, 2019, 08:32:35 am »

Bring him in and let him battle it out with the others.

This. If we lose a few guys late lets do this.

Seebs

« Reply #140 on: January 17, 2019, 09:49:21 am »

Between

Jim Harris

• Global Moderator
  • Bring me some DTs!
« Reply #141 on: January 17, 2019, 12:22:18 pm »

Why do you think Buechele is better than Hicks?

presidenthog

« Reply #142 on: January 17, 2019, 12:44:16 pm »

Why do you think Buechele is better than Hicks?

The arm talent difference is immediately noticable if you watch less than 30 seconds of both's film. Its not even close actually. One has an NFL arm. the other will not be drafted even if he only throws 2 picks and 25 tds. With 60% comp pct. Because his arm is not NFL caliber. To beat teams like bama you have to make consistent NFL throws.

Dominicanhog

« Reply #143 on: January 17, 2019, 12:59:53 pm »

The arm talent difference is immediately noticable if you watch less than 30 seconds of both's film. Its not even close actually. One has an NFL arm. the other will not be drafted even if he only throws 2 picks and 25 tds. With 60% comp pct. Because his arm is not NFL caliber. To beat teams like bama you have to make consistent NFL throws.

You must be an NFL scout with an exceptional eye for QB's... I didn't notice that, guess that's why I'm no scout...

presidenthog

« Reply #144 on: January 17, 2019, 01:22:48 pm »

You must be an NFL scout with an exceptional eye for QB's... I didn't notice that, guess that's why I'm no scout...

What does watching a guy who cant throw 50 yards  and has slow wobbly passes have to do with being an nfl scout? Are you blind? Do you not understand what you are watching when you watch someone play?

woodhog14

« Reply #145 on: January 17, 2019, 01:42:23 pm »

How do you know Buechele wanted to come here? How is it a swing and miss by us if he wasn't going to come here?

presidenthog

« Reply #146 on: January 17, 2019, 02:16:58 pm »

How do you know Buechele wanted to come here? How is it a swing and miss by us if he wasn't going to come here?

We didnt SWING at him per say, but by god i think it was very obvious we tried to hold out for him, and when ty left. We panicked and brought hicks in, who had been on the market for over a month, a few days later and signed him.

I think there is no doubt if they were both open at the same time, and ty was not leaving, we would have went all in on buechele, and passed on hicks.

I know all of you will say that is my opinion and blah blah blah.

If we wanted hicks so bad why did we wait so long to bring him in? If you can not answer that rationally then it must mean he was a back up plan all along.

woodhog14

« Reply #147 on: January 17, 2019, 02:22:42 pm »

We didnt SWING at him per say, but by god i think it was very obvious we tried to hold out for him, and when ty left. We panicked and brought hicks in, who had been on the market for over a month, a few days later and signed him.

I think there is no doubt if they were both open at the same time, and ty was not leaving, we would have went all in on buechele, and passed on hicks.

I know all of you will say that is my opinion and blah blah blah.

If we wanted hicks so bad why did we wait so long to bring him in? If you can not answer that rationally then it must mean he was a back up plan all along.
I understand what you are saying completely. What I am saying is that the coaching staff got wind that Buechele was not interested in coming here. That is how Hicks ended up here. So we didn't miss on him if he wasn't coming here in the first place.

Been10Hog

• Senior
« Reply #148 on: January 17, 2019, 03:00:39 pm »

Hicks was in 2014 Elite 11 which is based totally on arm talent. SB was in 2015. Both had arm talent. I honestly don't see the difference you refer to. SB would have to come in in summer and LEARN offense. Hicks KNOWS offense and will go through spring practice. I trust CCM's scouting!

010HogFan

• I Got Dat Wood Coach
« Reply #149 on: January 17, 2019, 03:03:26 pm »

Buechele is better, but that's just the way it goes.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Up

KARK
KWNA
Fox 16 Arkansas