• 10,151,052 Posts
• 405,091 Topics
• 23,124 Hogvillians
THE RULES (Read 'em!)
Quick Links
Pick'Ems:Football      Basketball      Baseball
Sister Sites:Gridiron HistoryFearless Friday
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Tenner today us tommorow  (Read 972 times)

gmarv

Tenner today us tommorow
« on: January 09, 2019, 07:04:32 am »

How many of ya'll think if we can keep this core group of kids we can look like this tenner team in a year or two. I personally thing we could be close to this good. (with just a little luck)

TNhawgfan

• Hall of Fame Hogvillian
  • Jimmy G - A New Hope!
Re: Tenner today us tommorow
« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2019, 07:28:09 am »

Who do you see being our version of Grant Williams and Admiral Schofield? That's two bigs that can dominate down low, get boards, make shots, and then step outside and drain the 3. We have no one at the 4 or 5 currently on the roster that can do anything even remotely close to that.
So to answer your question, no I don't think this group will ever be a top 3 team (even if they stick around for 2 more years)

Sponsored Ad

Hogville encourages you to do business with the following...

gmarv

« Reply #2 on: January 09, 2019, 07:42:29 am »

You can get to where Tenn is a different way,my simple minded point is the kids we have who are doing so well for us right now will be what they are today and better.I am not trying to compare player for player.But I can see Joe Harris Jones Chaney Osa and Sill Simpson being a very formiable group with some experience.Just hope we can get to see how good they can become is all.
They may not reach This Tenn team status but they might huh?

pigzwillrise

• All-American Hogvillian
  • WOOOOOOOOOO PIG SOOIE
« Reply #3 on: January 09, 2019, 07:45:40 am »

I think Reggie Chaney can be a force. I have a feeling most will agree by the end on season.

Big Nasty 34

• John 3:16
« Reply #4 on: January 09, 2019, 08:36:26 am »

Who do you see being our version of Grant Williams and Admiral Schofield? That's two bigs that can dominate down low, get boards, make shots, and then step outside and drain the 3. We have no one at the 4 or 5 currently on the roster that can do anything even remotely close to that.
So to answer your question, no I don't think this group will ever be a top 3 team (even if they stick around for 2 more years)

They don't have the outside game now and may never, but Reggie Chaney and Javon Franklin could develop into really good players by their senior years.

raz1965

« Reply #5 on: January 09, 2019, 09:47:09 am »

I do think with this group of young guards an Chaney, if Mike signs a couple of talented bigs they are seeking, having Bailey an Osa one year improved that the hogs will be a outstanding team next year an hopefully maintain a top 15 program going forward from there. It appears that the program has reached a place that want require rebuilding just progression.

The_Iceman

• Gold Hogvillian
  • The Plaque for Alternates is in the Ladies room.
« Reply #6 on: January 09, 2019, 09:59:54 am »

I think Reggie Chaney can be a force. I have a feeling most will agree by the end on season.

I definitely think Chaney has the potential to be a Grant William's type player. With the way Mike distributes minutes, I've found looking at a players per 40 minute averages is a better way to tell their production than per game averages (for example, look at the per 40 of Babb and Whitt as freshmen at Arkansas, and see how their careers progressed). Here are the per 40 numbers of Williams and Chaney as freshmen:

Chaney - 14.4 pts on 56% shooting, 10.3 rebs, 3.9 blks, 1.3 asts, 1.3 stls, 3.7 turnovers.

Williams - 19.8 pts on 50% shooting, 9.3 rebs, 3.0 blks, 1.8 asts, 1.3 blks, 3.0 turnovers.

While I dont think Chaney will be SEC player of the year material, I think he can be a force as a PF for us, like Grant.

redleg

• Hogvillian
  • Surfing the web at Hogville.net
« Reply #7 on: January 09, 2019, 10:35:26 am »

If Arkansas still has Hill, Harris, Sills, Joe, Simpson, Jones, Henderson, Chaney, and Osabuohien to go with Doakes, Moore, Moody, and Williams of the 2020 class, then yes, maybe, they might be a very good team.

The BIG thing that is going to level the playing field in college basketball, at least as far as recruiting is concerned, is when that bu!!sh*t "one-and-done" rule finally goes away!

gmarv

« Reply #8 on: January 09, 2019, 10:36:06 am »

My hope is we can just keep most of these young'uns , lets see how they progress over a couple years .I think most of us will be fairly happy.

ShadowHawg

• Surfing the web at Hogville.net
« Reply #9 on: January 09, 2019, 02:56:36 pm »

Tennessee's biggest attribute is their experience. This group will have that if they stick together.

gmarv

« Reply #10 on: January 09, 2019, 04:16:00 pm »

Tennessee's biggest attribute is their experience. This group will have that if they stick together.
This is my thinking also good players with experience is a rarity in college now a days it seems.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

KARK
KWNA
Fox 16 Arkansas