• 10,061,184 Posts
• 402,724 Topics
• 23,014 Hogvillians
THE RULES (Read 'em!)
Quick Links
Pick'Ems:Football      Basketball      Baseball
Sister Sites:Gridiron HistoryFearless Friday
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Truex Sponsors  (Read 158 times)

holeinthewall

• Hogvillian
  • Surfing the web at Hogville.net
Truex Sponsors
« on: January 09, 2019, 05:45:44 am »

So I am confused.  The 78 team shutdown because they couldn't get sponsors yet Truex has almost the entire year covered in the 19 with sponsors he already had with the 78.

Bass Pro Shops  24 races
Auto -Owners Insurance  8 races

Warbirdhog

Re: Truex Sponsors
« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2019, 07:38:12 am »

Didn't Bass Pro partially sponsor several cars in the past few seasons? I thought BP was on some of SHR's cars at one point or another along with another car or two, maybe I'm wrong on that. If they were on more than one car maybe Gibbs got BP to put all their eggs in one basket. Turns out Truex and Johnny Morris are fishing buddies of sorts anyway after this came out.

But back to your point. It is a little odd but who knows what goes on behind the scenes. Perhaps Gibbs did not expect Arris to stick with Suarez and when they left JGR negotiated BP into more races.
Maybe Bass Pro felt like Barney should have kept more of his businesses money into his own car.
Maybe Bass Pro likes Gibbs better than Barney, who knows?

Sponsored Ad

Hogville encourages you to do business with the following...

ImHogginIt

« Reply #2 on: January 09, 2019, 08:02:14 am »

So I am confused.  The 78 team shutdown because they couldn't get sponsors yet Truex has almost the entire year covered in the 19 with sponsors he already had with the 78.

Bass Pro Shops  24 races
Auto -Owners Insurance  8 races

Probably are not paying Gibbs near as much as they were to Furniture Row

Warbirdhog

« Reply #3 on: January 09, 2019, 10:14:32 am »

Probably are not paying Gibbs near as much as they were to Furniture Row

That is a plausible thought too. With Barney adamant about not no longer putting his own money into the team, he may have been looking for more money per race out of Bass Pro. Miscalculation on his part if so.

Warbirdhog

« Reply #4 on: January 10, 2019, 07:06:48 am »

Here is one even more confusing.

Hattori racing drops 2018 truck champion Brett Moffitt due to sponsorship/financial situation
GMS drops Johnny Sauter for financial situation and hires Moffitt

riccoar

• Gold Hogvillian
  • Serving Hogville since 11-08-03
« Reply #5 on: January 10, 2019, 12:39:28 pm »

Here is one even more confusing.

Hattori racing drops 2018 truck champion Brett Moffitt due to sponsorship/financial situation
GMS drops Johnny Sauter for financial situation and hires Moffitt
Easy.  Moffitt had no job.  Both Champions, but one probably was willing to drive for less money.

Warbirdhog

« Reply #6 on: January 10, 2019, 06:25:15 pm »

Easy.  Moffitt had no job.  Both Champions, but one probably was willing to drive for less money.

Maybe, it seems as if GMS made their minds up first and then told Sauter he was done without trying to renegotiate with him. One slant I was listening (Dave Moody on Nascar Sirius radio) was that GMS is gearing up to make a run with a cup team soon. Hiring Moffitt would put a driver with Cup experience onboard.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

KARK
KWNA
Fox 16 Arkansas