• 10,059,722 Posts
• 402,692 Topics
• 23,012 Hogvillians
THE RULES (Read 'em!)
Quick Links
Pick'Ems:Football      Basketball      Baseball
Sister Sites:Gridiron HistoryFearless Friday
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Will KeVaughn Bite the Hogs Again?  (Read 810 times)

Mike Irwin

• Hall of Fame Hogvillian
  • Surfing the web at Hogville.net
Will KeVaughn Bite the Hogs Again?
« on: January 08, 2019, 07:54:00 pm »

redleg

• Hogvillian
Re: Will KeVaughn Bite the Hogs Again?
« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2019, 10:25:55 am »

Chances are...yes. Allen will probably put up 20 on Arkansas, and the Hogs will lose a home SEC game they should win. It is so infuriating when a great in-state player goes to a conference rival to help them beat the Hogs. I don't get it.

Sponsored Ad

Hogville encourages you to do business with the following...

BannerMountainMan

« Reply #2 on: January 09, 2019, 11:37:40 am »

Chances are...yes. Allen will probably put up 20 on Arkansas, and the Hogs will lose a home SEC game they should win. It is so infuriating when a great in-state player goes to a conference rival to help them beat the Hogs. I don't get it.
hes scored over 12 two times out of 6 lmao

Fan701

« Reply #3 on: January 09, 2019, 01:48:28 pm »

Don't try to confuse us with facts.  K. Allen=Hogkiller is the official narrative.

East TN HAWG

• All-American Hogvillian
  • Hogville.net
« Reply #4 on: January 09, 2019, 03:53:22 pm »

Seems like he should be drawing social security by now.  He's been down there a 1000 years. 

Danimal

« Reply #5 on: January 09, 2019, 08:29:25 pm »

Long story short -- yes..

GA reddiehog

• Varsity
« Reply #6 on: January 09, 2019, 08:34:47 pm »

YES!!!!

TheRazorback500

• It's better to burn out than fade away.
« Reply #7 on: January 09, 2019, 09:15:37 pm »

Chomp

The Hogfather

« Reply #8 on: January 09, 2019, 09:29:06 pm »

Hilarious when everyone (including the announcers) only look at total points.  Guy has taken 10 shots, including 8 3s to get to his “team high 14 points”.  He is shooting 30% overall and 12.5% from 3 tonight.  1 assist, 2 turnovers, 3 fouls, 4 rebounds.  He sucks.

RazorPiggie

« Reply #9 on: January 09, 2019, 09:42:24 pm »

Yep

BannerMountainMan

« Reply #10 on: January 09, 2019, 09:54:23 pm »

1-9 on threes really chomped us up lmao he was lucky one to shoot free throws at the end to add a few to his total.

The Hogfather

« Reply #11 on: January 09, 2019, 09:58:55 pm »

1-9 on threes really chomped us up lmao he was lucky one to shoot free throws at the end to add a few to his total.

Happens in most of his “great games”.  Hits garbage 3s and FTs to add to his total points.  Since that’s all most people look at, they think he’s a stud.

Mo_Better_Hogs

• DE FENSE!! DE FENSE!!
« Reply #12 on: January 09, 2019, 11:00:26 pm »

Ja. Oui. Sí.

JackJohnson

« Reply #13 on: January 10, 2019, 07:25:48 am »

Happens in most of his “great games”.  Hits garbage 3s and FTs to add to his total points.  Since that’s all most people look at, they think he’s a stud.

Or we could look at a player who is clutch in closing out games down the stretch at the line and has lost just once in 4 years to his home state school who had their dream coach while he is being coached by a scrub like Mike White

The Hogfather

« Reply #14 on: January 10, 2019, 07:54:11 am »

Or we could look at a player who is clutch in closing out games down the stretch at the line and has lost just once in 4 years to his home state school who had their dream coach while he is being coached by a scrub like Mike White

Sure, you could do that.  As long as you don't think he's an above average player.  He's a guy who can hit free throws.  He'll go down as the best FT shooter in Florida history, which is definitely notable.  I wish we had some guys who could hit 80%+ of their FTs.  We'd probably have a few more comfortable wins and at least one more win overall.  Everything else, he's below average to average, especially shooting 3s, which is like 90% of his overall game.

Atlhogfan1

• Gold Hogvillian
« Reply #15 on: January 10, 2019, 08:35:43 am »

Sure, you could do that.  As long as you don't think he's an above average player.  He's a guy who can hit free throws.  He'll go down as the best FT shooter in Florida history, which is definitely notable.  I wish we had some guys who could hit 80%+ of their FTs.  We'd probably have a few more comfortable wins and at least one more win overall.  Everything else, he's below average to average, especially shooting 3s, which is like 90% of his overall game.

HF I would +1 you if I could.  I don't recall ever seeing one poster on any message board have such an obsession, dislike and steady criticism of one player throughout his career.  Seems like KA has been at UF for 6 years.  I'm going to miss your comments about him as they have been entertaining. 

HogBreath

« Reply #16 on: January 10, 2019, 08:42:34 am »

HF I would +1 you if I could.  I don't recall ever seeing one poster on any message board have such an obsession, dislike and steady criticism of one player throughout his career.  Seems like KA has been at UF for 6 years.  I'm going to miss your comments about him as they have been entertaining. 

Bwahahaha....Hogfather for sure hates KeVaughan Allen Iverson, and who could blame him...KAI has been a huge thorn in our sides for I guess around eight years now.

The Hogfather

« Reply #17 on: January 10, 2019, 09:02:10 am »

Me too, bro.  Me too.

The way the announcers/coaches talk about him (not to mention all of the guys around here who think he actually is Allen Iverson because they look at total points only), I can't wait to see him trying to play in the NBA.  Should be really fun.

redleg

• Hogvillian
« Reply #18 on: January 10, 2019, 10:32:44 am »

Ok, so I was off by a couple of points. But you were being a smart@ss, and saying wha...?

Kevin McPherson

« Reply #19 on: January 10, 2019, 12:13:01 pm »

KA did a respectable job last night of helping minimize turnovers for Florida, he had 5 rebounds, and he made 11 of 12 FTs including 4-of-4 to seal the win. He's not a good shooter from 2 or 3 and it showed last night. He's also not a good creator off the bounce, not for himself or others. His 12 FT attempts are deceiving, because most of them were a result of Arkansas making dumb fouls when he was 25-75 feet away from the basket and not in attack mode (and I'm not referring to the final 4 FTs that were intentional to stop the clock). Credit him for knocking them down, they count and were big in a close game, but it's not like he was a constantly putting pressure on defenders in attack-mode and thus getting himself to the line. That guy was Mason Jones, who's 12-of-13 FTS were much more reflective of an effective, aggressive offensive player.

But honestly, he was NEVER All SEC material in my book, his production has gotten worse since that soph season where he benefitted playing with not one but two all-league facilitators. His game is more suited in Arkansas's system, but he does have 6-1 bragging rights over the Hogs with a couple of big personal performances against them under his belt.

The Hogfather

« Reply #20 on: January 10, 2019, 12:42:28 pm »

KA did a respectable job last night of helping minimize turnovers for Florida

Yeah, he's not good and not sure how he did a respectable job last night of helping minimize turnovers for Florida with 1 assist and 2 turnovers.  I do agree with most everything you said there.

Kevin McPherson

« Reply #21 on: January 10, 2019, 02:17:49 pm »

Yeah, he's not good and not sure how he did a respectable job last night of helping minimize turnovers for Florida with 1 assist and 2 turnovers.  I do agree with most everything you said there.

Those are just his individual stats that show in a boxscore, but agreed that those are enough to show he wasn't making winning plays as a facilitator on a bad shooting night for him. My point was that he (along with Nebhart) were the primary handlers for a team that came in and only suffered 12 turnovers while winning the giveaway battle plus-4 ... that's respectable, but certainly not THE reason Florida won.

Allen got away with two offensive fouls, one led to a 3 by Nebhart on KA's only assist when KA actually committed what should have been two turnovers in one play -- he extended his arm to create space as the defender fell down (no whistle for player-control foul), then off-balance due to the contact that he created he clearly drug his pivot foot (no whistle for a travel) before passing in the corner for a Nebhart 3. He also charged into Gabe, IMO, but a block was called and Gabe fouled out. He also turned the ball over and threw underneath Arkansas's basket that resulted in Adrio's layin-in during that 15-2 Hog spurt. He missed all of his FG attempts in that late stretch, got a bail-out whistle on Isaiah Joe that extended a Florida possession by 15 seconds inside of two minutes. Of his 12 FT attempts, only 2 were a result of him attacking ... 6 were from 3 non-shooting fouls when he was not even facing the basket (one foul was by Harris and very questionable 93 feet away from the basket, another was questionable by Gabe on a switch when KA was moving away from the basket and simply trying to reset the O, the other was by Chaney on a switch when he stupidly plowed into KA who was moving to his left and not squared or even facing the basket, and we know the last 4 attempts where after intentional fouls by Arkansas to stop the clock at the end of the game).

Again, if you go back and watch that game, KA made FTs with at least half of the attempts being questionable that he should have even been rewarded, still you make 11 out of 12 and you've got to tip your hat to the guy for making them in an ugly game that was close.

The Hogfather

« Reply #22 on: January 10, 2019, 02:59:45 pm »

Those are just his individual stats that show in a boxscore, but agreed that those are enough to show he wasn't making winning plays as a facilitator on a bad shooting night for him. My point was that he (along with Nebhart) were the primary handlers for a team that came in and only suffered 12 turnovers while winning the giveaway battle plus-4 ... that's respectable, but certainly not THE reason Florida won.

Allen got away with two offensive fouls, one led to a 3 by Nebhart on KA's only assist when KA actually committed what should have been two turnovers in one play -- he extended his arm to create space as the defender fell down (no whistle for player-control foul), then off-balance due to the contact that he created he clearly drug his pivot foot (no whistle for a travel) before passing in the corner for a Nebhart 3. He also charged into Gabe, IMO, but a block was called and Gabe fouled out. He also turned the ball over and threw underneath Arkansas's basket that resulted in Adrio's layin-in during that 15-2 Hog spurt. He missed all of his FG attempts in that late stretch, got a bail-out whistle on Isaiah Joe that extended a Florida possession by 15 seconds inside of two minutes. Of his 12 FT attempts, only 2 were a result of him attacking ... 6 were from 3 non-shooting fouls when he was not even facing the basket (one foul was by Harris and very questionable 93 feet away from the basket, another was questionable by Gabe on a switch when KA was moving away from the basket and simply trying to reset the O, the other was by Chaney on a switch when he stupidly plowed into KA who was moving to his left and not squared or even facing the basket, and we know the last 4 attempts where after intentional fouls by Arkansas to stop the clock at the end of the game).

Again, if you go back and watch that game, KA made FTs with at least half of the attempts being questionable that he should have even been rewarded, still you make 11 out of 12 and you've got to tip your hat to the guy for making them in an ugly game that was close.

I agree that he isn't very good.  Normal game for him.  ;)
Pages: [1]   Go Up

KARK
KWNA
Fox 16 Arkansas