• 10,110,452 Posts
• 404,024 Topics
• 23,071 Hogvillians
THE RULES (Read 'em!)
Quick Links
Pick'Ems:Football      Basketball      Baseball
Sister Sites:Gridiron HistoryFearless Friday
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Bama fans be testy  (Read 3034 times)

Pulled(PP)pork

• Gold Hogvillian
  • Fresno St. 12-2 Vegas Bowl Champions!
Bama fans be testy
« on: January 08, 2019, 07:06:15 pm »

of course, I was riling them up last night as the game was on, they don't know what humility it, thats for sure.

;D ;D ;D

Deerhunter

Re: Bama fans be testy
« Reply #1 on: January 08, 2019, 07:09:25 pm »

of course, I was riling them up last night as the game was on, they don't know what humility it, thats for sure.

;D ;D ;D

Pretty sure they have more ammunition to use against us than we do against them. 

Sponsored Ad

Hogville encourages you to do business with the following...

RyanMallettsEgo

• All-American Hogvillian
  • Take it easy, I'm pre-law.
« Reply #2 on: January 08, 2019, 07:14:39 pm »

If my team was 113-13 with 4 national titles and 6 national title appearances since 2010, I wouldn't be very humble either.

Pulled(PP)pork

• Gold Hogvillian
« Reply #3 on: January 08, 2019, 07:25:48 pm »

I beg to differ and it wasn't about us vs them.  it was about the game and how it played out.  It's like no one can be humble enough to take some ribbing.

but they sure got humbled last night, lol

moley_russells_wart_hog

« Reply #4 on: January 08, 2019, 07:32:46 pm »

is saban on the hot seat ???

Hog N Bama

« Reply #5 on: January 08, 2019, 07:48:07 pm »

Didn’t see a single Bama flag flying on a vehicle today :P

1highhog

• Hall of Fame Hogvillian
  • Fortis Fortuna Adiuvat.
« Reply #6 on: January 08, 2019, 08:24:28 pm »

Anybody been lurking around around on the Alabama message boards?

Bryant Disciple

• Varsity
  • Ezk 20:29 What's the high place? It's called Bama.
« Reply #7 on: January 08, 2019, 08:33:59 pm »

I'm a Bama fan. IN PERSON I have watched us lose to Southern Miss in 1982 (Bryant's first loss in Tuscaloosa in more than 20 years)... to Vanderbilt in 1984 (the last time Vandy beat Bama)...to Louisiana-Monroe in 2007 (breaking in a new coach that year). Those losses will make one testy.

Last night was a weird game. We were beaten in every facet of the game; it also seemed like every decision we made ended up being wrong. I don't think Alabama has been beaten that badly since 2004.

Anyway, I'm not testy. I was a little worried that Saban might retire with a win, choosing to ride into the sunset. Now I think he sticks around for a while. Always look on the bright side of life...  ;D

go hogues

• You're at an eight but we need you at a two.
« Reply #8 on: January 08, 2019, 11:05:41 pm »

Bama fans are always so condescending toward fans of teams like us that overreact to losses and poor seasons. They love to get into that old guard holier than thou “well, you need to show some class, the way us ol’scoo suthna’s do” schtick.  ::)

HOWEVER, when Bama loses, those jokers are the most irrational, borderline scary people around. If they had the kinds of seasons and astonishing losses we do, I’m not sure there’d be any part of the state of Alabama salvaged from the fires they’d start.

It’s almost a good thing for society at large that they win at the clip they do.

PonderinHog

• Gold Hogvillian
  • Go Hogs and Go Mike Anderson!
« Reply #9 on: January 08, 2019, 11:16:07 pm »

How many Alabama family members were shot today ???

sickboy

« Reply #10 on: January 08, 2019, 11:32:07 pm »

I'm a Bama fan. IN PERSON I have watched us lose to Southern Miss in 1982 (Bryant's first loss in Tuscaloosa in more than 20 years)... to Vanderbilt in 1984 (the last time Vandy beat Bama)...to Louisiana-Monroe in 2007 (breaking in a new coach that year). Those losses will make one testy.

Last night was a weird game. We were beaten in every facet of the game; it also seemed like every decision we made ended up being wrong. I don't think Alabama has been beaten that badly since 2004.

Anyway, I'm not testy. I was a little worried that Saban might retire with a win, choosing to ride into the sunset. Now I think he sticks around for a while. Always look on the bright side of life...  ;D

Jesus. You've only witnessed three losses in person? Freaking Bama. I've witnessed so many Arkansas loses I can't count.

WBOBO

« Reply #11 on: January 09, 2019, 12:18:57 am »

If my team was 113-13 with 4 national titles and 6 national title appearances since 2010, I wouldn't be very humble either.
Correct, but in talking with an alum and booster last night he liked Clemson if a man were to gamble.  He did text halfway through the game saying that they always get the worst kickers.  Funny.

LZH

• Gold Hogvillian
  • Tight but Loose
« Reply #12 on: January 09, 2019, 04:49:05 am »

One of our clients is an outfit called Tradesmen International, if you have a big job and are short on crane operators, welders, pipe fitters, etc., they can hook you up.  Pretty damn cool operation. Anyway, I was there Monday about six hours before the game and the boss (who's a Bama fan) spent alot of money having a huge Tide logo sewn into the gray carpet in his office....it actually looks super dope.  But, he had already left to get ready for his game party.

As I was leaving, I said "Roll Tide" and the others in the office said "screw the Tide....we're sick of hearing that every day".  I wondered yesterday if, while the old man was out, the others in there went in and wiped their feet really well on that logo lol.

Like I said Monday night....I never thought they'd lose like that, either.

Pulled(PP)pork

• Gold Hogvillian
« Reply #13 on: January 09, 2019, 05:37:34 am »

My brother is a huge tide fan, he took it in jest, most of my fb posts were aimed at him.  but a couple of other fb friends didn't handle the teasing so well.  nonetheless, I pour it on.

;D

Großer Kriegschwein

• Gold Hogvillian
  • Everything from did-il-I-doh to darned if I know
« Reply #14 on: January 09, 2019, 06:31:09 am »

All the ones I work with took it in stride.

With as many championships as they've won in the last decade, they have a hard time quantifying serious anger.

DeltaBoy

• Gold Hogvillian
  • I'm Un-Reconstructed. Sic semper tyrannis
« Reply #15 on: January 09, 2019, 08:41:31 am »

It was the worse I seen Bama play under Saban since that first year loss to Monroe.  Venables had the answers to the Test the other night.

Rock City Razorback

« Reply #16 on: January 09, 2019, 08:42:11 am »

Screw Bama and their arsehole coach, along with their cousin lovin fans

Inhogswetrust

• Gold Hogvillian
  • Guessing is easier than actually trying!
« Reply #17 on: January 09, 2019, 09:15:31 am »

All the ones I work with took it in stride.

With as many championships as they've won in the last decade, they have a hard time quantifying serious anger.

Living in the Memphis area I’m surrounded by Bama fans and others. I’ve never seen them act as bad as LSU, Old Misses, Tenner or Old barn fans.

orvillesghost

« Reply #18 on: January 09, 2019, 09:37:22 am »

I took a glance at their message board Monday night after the game and most of them had the attitude that "we just got whipped" and being SEC and Orange bowl champs was a good year.

There was some griping *justifiable in my view* about the fake field goal decision.

And one poster did go nuts about the the loss being absolutely not acceptable and anything less than a national championship made the season a failure.

Bryant Disciple

• Varsity
« Reply #19 on: January 09, 2019, 11:42:54 am »

It was the worse I seen Bama play under Saban since that first year loss to Monroe.  Venables had the answers to the Test the other night.

Agreed. Clemson had a great plan to disrupt Tua. Bama was unable to affect Lawrence.

Not sure what to make of it just yet. It was easily the worst I've seen a Saban team perform; we were beaten in every phase.

Everyone is blaming staff turnover, and perhaps that's a cause. But we had the same staff during the first 14 games of the season...

Boarcephus

• Houston, hell no we ain't forgettin!!
« Reply #20 on: January 09, 2019, 11:47:32 am »

And they are not.  Every time we go to Sandestin and I'm out wearing a razorback cap, be it in the store, on the beach, wherever, some jerk will holler "Roll Tid"e no matter where they see me even if they have to roll down their windows to do.  I enjoyed that game as much as I have any in the last few years.   

ms_hog

• Varsity
  • Your site for Razorback news.
« Reply #21 on: January 09, 2019, 12:01:46 pm »

To me, this started happening the second half of the OU game. Since Bama had jumped out to a big lead, they were able to hold on. I thought after the OU game, Saban would be able to get his team more focused. That was butt kicking on Monday night.

OneTuskOverTheLine™

• Gold Hogvillian
  • One tusk over the line sweet Jesus...
« Reply #22 on: January 09, 2019, 12:05:20 pm »

This is what MOST Bama fan's are like. The Bama knuckle dragger's that were calling for Jalen to be put in the game after the pick 6 are cousins with the Razorback stink holer's who want Arkansas to go to the Big 12 so we can win... SMDH...

Pigsknuckles

• When you least expect it...
« Reply #23 on: January 09, 2019, 01:02:14 pm »

Correct, but in talking with an alum and booster last night he liked Clemson if a man were to gamble.  He did text halfway through the game saying that they always get the worst kickers.  Funny.

Funny you should mention Bama kickers. I was at the game that was the inspiration behind this product.  :)

Sweet Feet

• Hogvillian
  • Surfing the web at Hogville.net
« Reply #24 on: January 09, 2019, 01:02:53 pm »

Its like they forget they were trash before Saban came. Were losing to La Tech, UCF, Southern Miss, Hawaii, even used to split with Arkansas all the time in the late 90s-2000s. Then again, a lot of them are probably bandwagons.

BroyledNutts

« Reply #25 on: January 09, 2019, 01:13:56 pm »

Next year at this time it will be, more than likely, Bama and Clemson again ... so no need to hang on to this loss too long ... look forward to next season. Tip of the hat to Clemson - they had our number this time around, with an equally talented team.

greenEGnHAWGS

• All-American Hogvillian
  • Another day in HV Paradise...
« Reply #26 on: January 09, 2019, 02:12:47 pm »

I live in ACC country and my church had s game night where everyone could come watch it together. There was ONE Bama fan there. He talked so much smack before the game. Then at halftime, he was so mad, he just left. Didn’t say a word. I asked him later what happened and he just said “We’re at church and I was about to say...things...”

Lol...it didn’t help that the Clemson fans would throw rolls of toilet paper and Tide pods every time Clemson made a play.

sowmonella

• You know I'm right.
« Reply #27 on: January 09, 2019, 02:30:52 pm »

I wonder how many shot family members over the loss? 8)

sowmonella

• You know I'm right.
« Reply #28 on: January 09, 2019, 02:58:20 pm »

Too soon?

Boarcephus

• Houston, hell no we ain't forgettin!!
« Reply #29 on: January 09, 2019, 03:39:49 pm »

I wondered the same thing and how many television sets died that night. 

PonderinHog

• Gold Hogvillian
  • Go Hogs and Go Mike Anderson!
« Reply #30 on: January 09, 2019, 03:46:18 pm »

Too soon?
No, too late.   8)
How many Alabama family members were shot today ???

sowmonella

• You know I'm right.
« Reply #31 on: January 09, 2019, 04:32:13 pm »

Oops. Missed it.

Pulled(PP)pork

• Gold Hogvillian
« Reply #32 on: January 09, 2019, 06:32:22 pm »

Agreed. Clemson had a great plan to disrupt Tua. Bama was unable to affect Lawrence.

Not sure what to make of it just yet. It was easily the worst I've seen a Saban team perform; we were beaten in every phase.

Everyone is blaming staff turnover, and perhaps that's a cause. But we had the same staff during the first 14 games of the season...
i think its because of Butch Jones, he sucked at Tenner too

Bryant Disciple

• Varsity
« Reply #33 on: January 09, 2019, 08:37:46 pm »

i think its because of Butch Jones, he sucked at Tenner too

I must admit that I have enjoyed seeing Butch on our sidelines -- mainly because I know it annoys Tennessee fans. That's a cause I believe we can all agree on.  8)
Pages: [1]   Go Up

KARK
KWNA
Fox 16 Arkansas