• 10,158,348 Posts
• 405,227 Topics
• 23,131 Hogvillians
THE RULES (Read 'em!)
Quick Links
Pick'Ems:Football      Basketball      Baseball
Sister Sites:Gridiron HistoryFearless Friday
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: playcalling...  (Read 1454 times)

ballz2thewall

• All-American Hogvillian
  • Surfing the web at Hogville.net
Re: playcalling...
« Reply #50 on: January 08, 2019, 06:46:20 pm »

I agree that there was some unbelievably bad play calls last night (that fake punt though...ughhh), but I think the most credit goes to Venables. He literally seemed to predict Bamas every play. Even on Tua’s roll outs and screen plays, Clemson was almost always ready for them.

this was my take on it as well. the defense had them in a straight jacket.

The Hawgman

« Reply #51 on: January 08, 2019, 07:52:58 pm »

have seen Craddock take a lot of heat on his play calling this year.... Watching all these bowl games ive seen a lot of questionable playcalling....

one thing is for sure... if you dont have equal or better talent it dont matter what the hell you call..... OC for Alabama was absolutely horrid last night....
I agree Saban cannot be sad that his OC is going to Maryland.
Stratigically I really thought that the set that had all WR in tight just killed them.
It brought Clemson defense tight in and they overwhelmed the OLine of Bama. I honestly think Clemson out played Bama but if you can take the high heresy— the fact is Saban and his hoard of coaches were OUTCOACHED and lost the game.
Dabo had a better process!!!  😁😁😁

Sponsored Ad

Hogville encourages you to do business with the following...

The Hawgman

« Reply #52 on: January 08, 2019, 07:54:28 pm »

I’m trying to figure out the level of sarcasm you’re usong about the “Great Dan Enos”. Enos is a great play caller and excellent at QB development. Bama would most likely have done better had Enos been OC this year.
Whoever was calling plays for little nick was not the answer.

TNRazorbacker

« Reply #53 on: January 08, 2019, 07:59:23 pm »

What struck me most was how Alabama seemed to lose all composure offensively when things really started going south. Saban is used to being able to control things with his D. If all else fails just get ultra conservative on O and play field position. This is the first time I’ve really seen this approach completely taken away from Saban. His D could not stop Clemson, they had to produce some offense and he seemed completely at a loss for how to handle it. That horrible fake FG call was a perfect window into this. They were under pressure and out of their element and the decision making just broke down.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up

KARK
KWNA
Fox 16 Arkansas