• 10,151,156 Posts
• 405,093 Topics
• 23,124 Hogvillians
THE RULES (Read 'em!)
Quick Links
Pick'Ems:Football      Basketball      Baseball
Sister Sites:Gridiron HistoryFearless Friday
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: Who told Dabo how to score on Saban?  (Read 3989 times)

JIHawg

Who told Dabo how to score on Saban?
« on: January 07, 2019, 11:44:45 pm »

Saban, in his half-time inter view, stated that Clemson was using some information on offense garnered from opponents Bama had played this season. 

Who would Dabo be talking to who had played Bama?  Could it be the team coach that scored more on Bama than anybody else?  Could it be one of Dabo's best friends?  Could it be the architect of Clemson's offense that caused them to rise out of the ashes to the top of the world of college football?

It takes a premium quarterback like Lawrence, among many other things.  Is that quarterback in the process-Noland?  Jones? Jefferson? Morris? Others? 

Morris has the blueprint.  He must climb to the top of the SEC west.  Part of that plan surely is to help an old friend take down Saban.  Morris may be aiming higher that most of us imagined.

onebadrubi

• Gold Hogvillian
  • Surfing the web at Hogville.net
Re: Who told Dabo how to score on Saban?
« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2019, 11:48:50 pm »

I would be shocked if Morris didn’t share some info or not have a conversation with dabo and/or his staff.

Sponsored Ad

Hogville encourages you to do business with the following...

moses_007

• Gold Hogvillian
  • Bring the Wood!
« Reply #2 on: January 07, 2019, 11:51:54 pm »

It probably was Morris.  We scored 31 points on Alabama, the most they gave up their entire SEC campaign.

LRRandy

« Reply #3 on: January 07, 2019, 11:53:34 pm »

Game film

Pig in the Pokey

• Gold Hogvillian
  • Roastin da bomb in Fayettenam.
« Reply #4 on: January 07, 2019, 11:58:24 pm »

Game film
lol.

He basically said it was morris.

woodrow hog call

« Reply #5 on: January 08, 2019, 12:05:58 am »

Saban, in his half-time inter view, stated that Clemson was using some information on offense garnered from opponents Bama had played this season. 

Who would Dabo be talking to who had played Bama?  Could it be the team coach that scored more on Bama than anybody else?  Could it be one of Dabo's best friends?  Could it be the architect of Clemson's offense that caused them to rise out of the ashes to the top of the world of college football?

It takes a premium quarterback like Lawrence, among many other things.  Is that quarterback in the process-Noland?  Jones? Jefferson? Morris? Others? 

Morris has the blueprint.  He must climb to the top of the SEC west.  Part of that plan surely is to help an old friend take down Saban.  Morris may be aiming higher that most of us imagined.

I caught that too and had the same thought.

The Hawgman

« Reply #6 on: January 08, 2019, 12:13:25 am »

Who taught Dabo?
Trevor Lawrence and some sticky handed receivers as well as one quick, fast, mean defense.

snoot hoggy hog

« Reply #7 on: January 08, 2019, 12:22:27 am »

010HogFan

• Hall of Fame Hogvillian
  • I Got Dat Wood Coach
« Reply #8 on: January 08, 2019, 12:23:55 am »

This is going to be the most insufferable offseason ever. I am all for Chad, but come on.

cardinalandwhite

« Reply #9 on: January 08, 2019, 12:25:07 am »

lol.

He basically said it was morris.

No, he said they're doing some things other teams did that we didn't practice against. Now, could that be Morris? Sure. It could also be that someone at Clemson has ESPN and watched their games.

bigpigpimpin

« Reply #10 on: January 08, 2019, 12:40:51 am »

Yall realize once saban leaves bama that Dabo is next in line

HogCzar1

« Reply #11 on: January 08, 2019, 12:50:56 am »

He would be crazy to leave Clemson for Alabama.

sickboy

« Reply #12 on: January 08, 2019, 12:55:53 am »

He'd be absolutely freaking insane to leave Clemson for any job.

Großer Kriegschwein

• Gold Hogvillian
  • Everything from did-il-I-doh to darned if I know
« Reply #13 on: January 08, 2019, 02:02:43 am »

The chances of him leaving the ACC for Alabama is probably as close to zero as you can get.

Of course Alabama could always offer him $15-20 million a year and make it impossible to turn down but that isn't gonna happen. Clemson hired his as a HC when he was just a WR Coach/Recruiting Coordinator and stuck with him through the thin times early in his contract. Gave him an opportunity to right the ship.

Dabo will be very loyal to Clemson for the rest of his career.

Tick Hog

« Reply #14 on: January 08, 2019, 02:39:37 am »

I’m sure that Dabo and Morris speak but I could just as easily ask is this  the reason we scored what we did against Bama? We’ll never know

The Kig

• All-American Hogvillian
  • Hogville Heroes
« Reply #15 on: January 08, 2019, 02:45:28 am »

Dabo will be very loyal to Clemson for the rest of his career.

We shall see... he will be Bama's #1 target.  Went to school there, played for Bear, took his show on the road and proved he can do it.  Saban is mentioned in the same breath as Bryant now and he just got a trip to the woodshed by Dabo.  Literally a defensive clinic vs. the master of defensive football...with what was described as Bama's best offense ever. 

There are certain schools that when they have an opening and the phone rings, you pick it up.  Make no mistake,  if Clemson wants to keep him they are gonna need Bama level boosters.  Either way, Dabo wins as he signs the most lucrative coaching contract in history.   

Großer Kriegschwein

• Gold Hogvillian
  • Everything from did-il-I-doh to darned if I know
« Reply #16 on: January 08, 2019, 03:00:59 am »

We shall see... he will be Bama's #1 target.  Went to school there, played for Bear, took his show on the road and proved he can do it.  Saban is mentioned in the same breath as Bryant now and he just got a trip to the woodshed by Dabo.  Literally a defensive clinic vs. the master of defensive football...with what was described as Bama's best offense ever. 

There are certain schools that when they have an opening and the phone rings, you pick it up.  Make no mistake,  if Clemson wants to keep him they are gonna need Bama level boosters.  Either way, Dabo wins as he signs the most lucrative coaching contract in history.

Nope...Stallings.

Mike_e

• May the woo be with you
« Reply #17 on: January 08, 2019, 05:43:46 am »

Who's going to want to come after sabin?

One foulup and they'll be screaming for your blood.  Not your head just the blood that's in it.

SemperFi

• Disgusted & Pissed Off Hog Fan
« Reply #18 on: January 08, 2019, 06:20:26 am »

I don't care if Santa Clause provided the insight to beating bama; I just enjoyed the thorough butt whooping that the Tide suffered. Years of stockpiling 5 star after 5 star after 5 star, poaching top players from other states and all the favoritism that has been shown to Saban and Alabama over the years just came crashing down as he was out coached, out played and manhandled all night. Let the rednecks grab their torches and pitchforks and burn it ALL down. I'm sick and tired of all things bama.

jvanhorn

« Reply #19 on: January 08, 2019, 06:21:35 am »

Well that would be Riley at OU wouldn't it?

jvanhorn

« Reply #20 on: January 08, 2019, 06:26:14 am »

It probably was Morris.  We scored 31 points on Alabama, the most they gave up their entire SEC campaign.

Yeah but OU scored 34 points---and they did it in only 3 quarters.  I think there were probably some signs that this Alabama defense wasn't quite as good as everyone thought it would be.

riccoar

• Gold Hogvillian
  • Serving Hogville since 11-08-03
« Reply #21 on: January 08, 2019, 06:43:49 am »

How many people said that about Roy Williams leaving Kansas for North Carolina?  Born and bred in Birmingham, Alabama.  Played football, as a walk-on, at Alabama.  Graduate assistant and first coaching job was at Alabama.  If Saban retires, and they call Dabo?  He's coming Home.

Hoginsavga

• Senior
« Reply #22 on: January 08, 2019, 08:01:39 am »

I don't care if Santa Clause provided the insight to beating bama; I just enjoyed the thorough butt whooping that the Tide suffered. Years of stockpiling 5 star after 5 star after 5 star, poaching top players from other states and all the favoritism that has been shown to Saban and Alabama over the years just came crashing down as he was out coached, out played and manhandled all night. Let the rednecks grab their torches and pitchforks and burn it ALL down. I'm sick and tired of all things bama.

Couldn’t have said it any better.

oldhawg

« Reply #23 on: January 08, 2019, 08:02:03 am »

I liked this tongue in cheek comment by Dabo:

"We're not supposed to be here," Swinney said as he held the trophy amidst the shower of confetti on a cool California night. "We're just little old Clemson and I'm not supposed to be here. But we are and I am."

Hogmatic

« Reply #24 on: January 08, 2019, 08:03:14 am »

Well we can go home now because Semper Fi nailed it

Hoggish1

« Reply #25 on: January 08, 2019, 08:06:21 am »

Poor Saban.  That take down of Bama was one of the most satisfying football games I've ever seen.  But the game is being ruined by a handful of teams getting all the players.

And, by the way, did people see how many coaches there were on the Bama sidelines? 

RaisinHog

« Reply #26 on: January 08, 2019, 08:08:21 am »

Dabbos next stop is the NFL ..

oldman1015

« Reply #27 on: January 08, 2019, 08:10:10 am »

Who's going to want to come after sabin?

One foulup and they'll be screaming for your blood.  Not your head just the blood that's in it.
Mike Shula

Atlhogfan1

• Gold Hogvillian
« Reply #28 on: January 08, 2019, 08:10:34 am »

I liked this tongue in cheek comment by Dabo:

"We're not supposed to be here," Swinney said as he held the trophy amidst the shower of confetti on a cool California night. "We're just little old Clemson and I'm not supposed to be here. But we are and I am."

It was dumb.  But that’s Dabo.  He is still trying to act like a dumb country boy whose team is an underdog. Doesn’t quite pull it off as genuinely as Ford did.  He does do an amazing job of getting people to like him.  A fine line for a coach to have players love to play for him but able to maintain discipline as well. Dabo is sensational at it.

Hog N Bama

« Reply #29 on: January 08, 2019, 08:11:39 am »

👏Bravo! I could not have said it better! It will be fun around here today heehee

Hog N Bama

« Reply #30 on: January 08, 2019, 08:14:48 am »

Poor Saban.  That take down of Bama was one of the most satisfying football games I've ever seen.  But the game is being ruined by a handful of teams getting all the players.

And, by the way, did people see how many coaches there were on the Bama sidelines?
Even Sargent Carter was there

Razorbackers

• Good Takes Found Here
« Reply #31 on: January 08, 2019, 08:45:21 am »

This is going to be the most insufferable offseason ever. I am all for Chad, but come on.

I've seen multiple posts already about "this is Chad's offense" and all that jazz.

It's insane.

DeltaBoy

• Gold Hogvillian
  • I'm Un-Reconstructed. Sic semper tyrannis
« Reply #32 on: January 08, 2019, 08:51:48 am »

It is eerily that Clemson did some of the same things Ark and OU did to Bama's D .  It just proves that someone spends time in the Film room.

010HogFan

• I Got Dat Wood Coach
« Reply #33 on: January 08, 2019, 08:51:59 am »

I've seen multiple posts already about "this is Chad's offense" and all that jazz.

It's insane.

It probably does have some similarities, because most of these modern offenses do at this point, but unless he's secretly flying in to their sideline on a learjet like he does for his son, it's not his offense any more.

Razorbackers

• Good Takes Found Here
« Reply #34 on: January 08, 2019, 08:54:25 am »

It probably does have some similarities, because most of these modern offenses do at this point, but unless he's secretly flying in to their sideline on a learjet like he does for his son, it's not his offense any more.

Chad's offense does really well when he's not around and has the best freshman QB in history running it.

Atlhogfan1

• Gold Hogvillian
« Reply #35 on: January 08, 2019, 08:54:54 am »

It's insane.

It isn't.  It would be to state Morris had a big responsibility in Clemson winning last night.  Not pointing out his role in getting this started and the influence he had on the program to where they are now. 

FraggleHog

• My name is on Senior Walk
« Reply #36 on: January 08, 2019, 08:57:30 am »

I agree that Morris has the blueprint, but the bolded statement is asinine. Trevor Lawrence is one of those "All World" "Once in a Generation" "Can't Miss" kind of talents. ABSOLUTELY no disrespect to Noland, KJ or anyone else currently on the staff, but they ain't the next Lawrence. That being said, I hope they prove me wrong and set the SEC on fire

The Kig

• Hogville Heroes
« Reply #37 on: January 08, 2019, 09:09:08 am »

It is eerily that Clemson did some of the same things Ark and OU did to Bama's D .  It just proves that someone spends time in the Film room.

So Chad spent time in the film room Bama week and took the rest of the season off?  Got it. Moral victory championship intact. 

hoggusamoungus

« Reply #38 on: January 08, 2019, 09:16:33 am »

Bama was up 48-17 after 3Q so Saban probably used the new four game red shirt rule to get some youngsters playing time when those last 14 were scored. 

Maximus Tusk

• Varsity
  • Surfing the sky at Mt. Magazine
« Reply #39 on: January 08, 2019, 09:17:18 am »

ABSO FREAKIN' LUTELY!!!!!

AirWarren

• Football impotence of the Midwest
« Reply #40 on: January 08, 2019, 09:17:22 am »

Dabo is a Birmingham boy. And he played for the Crimson Tide.

When Saban rides off.....Dabo will be going home folks.

hawg66

« Reply #41 on: January 08, 2019, 09:33:14 am »

They could have scored 50. I wish they would have.

FraggleHog

• My name is on Senior Walk
« Reply #42 on: January 08, 2019, 10:43:41 am »

Dabo is a Birmingham boy. And he played for the Crimson Tide.

When Saban rides off.....Dabo will be going home folks.

code red

• You can't handle the truth!!!!!!
« Reply #43 on: January 08, 2019, 11:28:24 am »

Game film
This.  And 2 turnovers which lead directly to a 14 point swing.  The turf was s**t.  Not an excuse but, on the 3rd and long TD, it definitely caused the CB to injure himself.  He was in position to make the play.

Hogs-n-Roses

• Coming to a Stadium Near You!
« Reply #44 on: January 08, 2019, 11:33:41 am »

He'd be absolutely freaking insane to leave Clemson for any job.
Then Clemson better get on the ball with cash.

The Kig

• Hogville Heroes
« Reply #45 on: January 08, 2019, 11:34:56 am »

Nope...Stallings.

Correct... my bad.  He was part of that 92 team that was beastly on Defense.  Got ahead of myself. 

Hogs-n-Roses

• Coming to a Stadium Near You!
« Reply #46 on: January 08, 2019, 11:35:37 am »

Sticky this one Lanny and may it resonate for years at the top of Hogville. Top 5 post of all time.

Inhogswetrust

• Gold Hogvillian
  • Guessing is easier than actually trying!
« Reply #47 on: January 08, 2019, 11:53:18 am »

How many people said that about Roy Williams leaving Kansas for North Carolina?  Born and bred in Birmingham, Alabama.  Played football, as a walk-on, at Alabama.  Graduate assistant and first coaching job was at Alabama.  If Saban retires, and they call Dabo?  He's coming Home.

Not if Dabo has grown enough roots in Clemson. I know I would rather live there than Tuscaloosa.

1highhog

• Fortis Fortuna Adiuvat.
« Reply #48 on: January 08, 2019, 12:12:48 pm »

This ^^^^.  He can stay at Clemson and not have the pressure that's brought on by the Alabama job, not be in the tough SEC West, and yet recruit in the top 5 every year while being  in the ACC, win win.

• Woo Pig Sooie, brotha!
« Reply #49 on: January 08, 2019, 12:30:26 pm »

No, he said they're doing some things other teams did that we didn't practice against. Now, could that be Morris? Sure. It could also be that someone at Clemson has ESPN and watched their games.
Pokey can take 1+1 and equal Pi out to the 47th decimal.
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up

KARK
KWNA
Fox 16 Arkansas