• 10,110,509 Posts
• 404,024 Topics
• 23,071 Hogvillians
THE RULES (Read 'em!)
Quick Links
Pick'Ems:Football      Basketball      Baseball
Sister Sites:Gridiron HistoryFearless Friday
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down

Author Topic: it's exciting to see a Morris influenced offense destroy Bama.  (Read 2894 times)

hoggusamoungus

• All-American Hogvillian
  • Surfing the web at Hogville.net
Re: it's exciting to see a Morris influenced offense destroy Bama.
« Reply #100 on: January 08, 2019, 06:13:01 pm »

Let's not forget CCM won the Super Bowl for the Eagles last year.

http://www.wholehogsports.com/news/2018/feb/05/philly-special-had-morris-fingerprints/

DLUXHOG

• Hall of Fame Hogvillian
  • It'll feel better when it quits hurtin'
« Reply #101 on: January 08, 2019, 06:35:30 pm »

I have not seen Bama get destroyed like this in forever,  and it's especially great because it's the offense that Morris helped to develop.  A lot of the fans credit Morris with creating their offensive style.  It gives me some hope that we can be a powerhouse here,  if he is able to put the rest of the pieces together.  When Morris first talked with the players,  he said that Arkansas right now is where Clemson was.  He is right.  Clemson was not in a great position for much of anything in the beginning.  In fact,  they were probably in a worse position than we are in.

So.....  you’re suggesting we’re going to “destroy “ Bama in 2019....   hope you’re right cause I might just put cold hard cash on that game!

Sponsored Ad

Hogville encourages you to do business with the following...

Atlhogfan1

• Gold Hogvillian
« Reply #102 on: January 08, 2019, 06:36:17 pm »

You are correct, and I don't know why some people keep saying this.   I never said Morris was responsible for the NC.  I clearly said it was exciting to see a Morris influenced offense destroy Bama.  He brought that style of offense to Clemson and help set the blue print for it,  and if his offensive style can work at Clemson it can work here.   That is all I meant.

They are saying it because the board is full of posters whose goal is to be the most obnoxious smart ass for attention.  It is a kind of competition to call you out for what you posted. 

HogFoo

• All-American Hogvillian
« Reply #103 on: January 08, 2019, 07:34:01 pm »

They still run Morris offense.  They still go after the same type recruits as well.  Morris trained the guys who run it. Does he deserve credit for the win? Probably Not sinve he's not been there in a while.  But, then again, they are still using his style, so, with that said,i think he can sure claim street cred with recruits and say, "hey, i built that offense they are still running baby!"  Haha.   

PonderinHog

• Gold Hogvillian
  • Go Hogs and Go Mike Anderson!
Re: it's exciting to see Morris' offense destroy Bama.
« Reply #104 on: January 08, 2019, 07:47:37 pm »

You are incorrect, sir. The spread offense was invented by Rusty Russell in the first half of the 20th Century. He developed it for undersized high school athletes so that they could play effectively against bigger kids.

Jack Neumeier developed the modern version of the spread in 1970. Of course, it has evolved since then and Chad Morris has played a role in that process, but the spread predates his lifetime.
Well, we all stand corrected...

Coulda sworn it was Morris.   :-[

Hoggish

• Bench Warmer
« Reply #105 on: January 08, 2019, 08:22:02 pm »

He's also a coach that brought in a top 20 recruiting class after of a 2-10 first season and said that Arkansas could be the next Clemson in his opening meeting with team when hired. Count me a bit excited ok.

Um, he also said, "Hammer Down" "Left Lane" blah, blah, blah.  Where the hell is all that?

Hoggish

• Bench Warmer
« Reply #106 on: January 08, 2019, 08:22:44 pm »

If you want to see a Morris offense, go watch SMU from last year.  It looks nothing like the offense Clemson was running last night.

kodiakisland

« Reply #107 on: January 08, 2019, 08:30:32 pm »

If you want to see a Morris offense, go watch SMU from last year.  It looks nothing like the offense Clemson was running last night.

Yeah.  The excitement in that offense were 2 true freshman that played like 4th year all americans.  And of course, the O line that allowed them to play like that. 

I'm hopeful for CCM, but that game has nothing to do with us.

DoubleReedHawgCaller

• That's nice.... Real nice!
« Reply #108 on: January 08, 2019, 08:58:08 pm »

Who cares. I haven't seen a beating like that since someone stuck a banana in my pants and turned a monkey loose.

OneTuskOverTheLine™

• Gold Hogvillian
  • One tusk over the line sweet Jesus...
« Reply #109 on: January 09, 2019, 09:24:10 am »

This game and Clemson's offense has little if anything to do with Morris.

If Morris was so good and innovative why didn't he remain at Clemson or get another Big Time job.

So very, very dumb...

Mike Irwin

« Reply #110 on: January 09, 2019, 03:16:45 pm »

This game and Clemson's offense has little if anything to do with Morris.

If Morris was so good and innovative why didn't he remain at Clemson or get another Big Time job.
He didn't stay at Clemson because he wanted to be a head coach. If he had been the OC at Clemson for several years he probably could have gotten a lower level power 5 job. As it was he moved up the way most do. He took a mid major job at a school that fired its coach. Now he's at Arkansas.

It would be over the top to give Morris a major share of the credit for the success that Clemson is enjoying right now but he does deserve some of the credit according to Dabo Swinney himself.

Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up

KARK
KWNA
Fox 16 Arkansas