• 10,106,826 Posts
• 403,932 Topics
• 23,066 Hogvillians
THE RULES (Read 'em!)
Quick Links
Pick'Ems:Football      Basketball      Baseball
Sister Sites:Gridiron HistoryFearless Friday
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down

Author Topic: it's exciting to see a Morris influenced offense destroy Bama.  (Read 2883 times)

ambien_sky

I have not seen Bama get destroyed like this in forever,  and it's especially great because it's the offense that Morris helped to develop.  A lot of the fans credit Morris with creating their offensive style.  It gives me some hope that we can be a powerhouse here,  if he is able to put the rest of the pieces together.  When Morris first talked with the players,  he said that Arkansas right now is where Clemson was.  He is right.  Clemson was not in a great position for much of anything in the beginning.  In fact,  they were probably in a worse position than we are in.
« Last Edit: January 07, 2019, 11:25:21 pm by ambien_sky »

Atlhogfan1

• Gold Hogvillian
  • Surfing the web at Hogville.net
Re: it's exciting to see Morris' offense destroy Bama.
« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2019, 10:41:04 pm »

Clemson was 6-7 the season before Dabo brought in Morris.

Sponsored Ad

Hogville encourages you to do business with the following...

Memhogs

• Varsity
  • What time does Arkansas play?
« Reply #2 on: January 07, 2019, 10:42:56 pm »

I have not seen Bama get destroyed like this in forever,  and it's especially great because it's the offense that Morris helped to develop.  A lot of the fans credit Morris with creating their offensive style.  It gives me some hope that we can be a powerhouse here,  if he is able to put the rest of the pieces together.  When Morris first talked with the players,  he said that Arkansas right now is where Clemson was.  He is right.  Clemson was not in a great position for much of anything in the beginning.  In fact,  they were probably in a worse position than we are in.

Is this still Morrises offense though? You know, since he is not there and all anymore..

RedRock

« Reply #3 on: January 07, 2019, 10:44:55 pm »

Morris's offense is in Fayetteville.  No more excuses.

checkraiser88

« Reply #4 on: January 07, 2019, 10:45:24 pm »

Is this still Morrises offense though? You know, since he is not there and all anymore..

Yes it still is, they kept it

tusked

• Hall of Fame Hogvillian
  • Clapton is god....but SRV was the big bang!
« Reply #5 on: January 07, 2019, 10:46:01 pm »

Go look at Dabo's record on Wiki before and after Morris got there.  Morris trained the guy that took over for him when he left for SMU.

So yes it's Morris offense.

ambien_sky

« Reply #6 on: January 07, 2019, 10:46:19 pm »

Well,  I mean,  he isn't making the calls,  but I am just saying that he is credited with starting and constructing their offensive style that they are still using.

BassinHawg

« Reply #7 on: January 07, 2019, 10:48:43 pm »

OMG, somehow I knew it would happen. Clemson's Defense won this game.

checkraiser88

« Reply #8 on: January 07, 2019, 10:52:10 pm »

I think their offense put up 37 of their 44 pts so I think the offense won the game as well.

onebadrubi

• Gold Hogvillian
« Reply #9 on: January 07, 2019, 10:52:13 pm »

Morris didnít recruit any of these players responsible for this win, did he? 

He didnt have anything to do with holding bama to 16.   

He did teach the guys that have now put their own touches on that offense for 4 years now. 

ambien_sky

« Reply #10 on: January 07, 2019, 10:52:19 pm »

Clemson's defense scored 44 points on Alabama?

Atlhogfan1

• Gold Hogvillian
« Reply #11 on: January 07, 2019, 10:53:11 pm »

Clemsonís D got the pick 6 and the red zone stop and allowed the O to get going. 

onebadrubi

• Gold Hogvillian
« Reply #12 on: January 07, 2019, 10:53:15 pm »

Yes it still is, they kept it

You are something else. 

Morris deserves 0 credit for what Clemson just did.  And Iím not even trying to put Morris down. Geeze

checkraiser88

« Reply #13 on: January 07, 2019, 10:55:27 pm »

You are something else. 

Morris deserves 0 credit for what Clemson just did.  And Iím not even trying to put Morris down. Geeze

Um Clemson's offensive scheme is still in tact. They kept the same offense Morris left to SMU with

Atlhogfan1

• Gold Hogvillian
« Reply #14 on: January 07, 2019, 10:57:35 pm »

Morris got it going.  Changing Steele for Venables took it to the next level.

Melancholy_Pigg

« Reply #15 on: January 07, 2019, 10:58:12 pm »

Don't try to explain how Morris turned the Clemson offense around and have them the blueprint they are still using and how it just knocked Alabama off its pedestal.  That is no indication of anything in re to Chad Morris.  Obviously. 

onebadrubi

• Gold Hogvillian
« Reply #16 on: January 07, 2019, 11:00:35 pm »

Um Clemson's offensive scheme is still in tact. They kept the same offense Morris left to SMU with

Iíll say it again.  Morris deserves ZERO credit for way Clemson just played and defeated Bama.  If you donít recruit the players, if you havenít worked with any of the players, and if you havenít been on that staff in 4-5 years, you deserve zero credit. 

The scheme is free to learn.  Morris has offered it to many people, he didnít invent it, he also learned it from others who mentored and taught it. 

BassinHawg

« Reply #17 on: January 07, 2019, 11:00:42 pm »

This game and Clemson's offense has little if anything to do with Morris.

If Morris was so good and innovative why didn't he remain at Clemson or get another Big Time job.

jkstock04

« Reply #18 on: January 07, 2019, 11:02:27 pm »

LOL so we are living vicariously through Clemson now? I guess that's not as embarrassing as living vicariously through Bama and chanting SEC SEC.

I did thoroughly enjoy seeing Bama get beat down and abused like this. They literally gave up and quit when the 4th quarter rolled around. But I'm not sure I buy into a spin that Chad Morris is responsible for this Clemson performance. How many years has it been since he has been there?

Melancholy_Pigg

« Reply #19 on: January 07, 2019, 11:03:44 pm »

Morris had the original blueprint and vision.  He trained the guy who took over.  He left because he wanted to be a HC, but his philosophy remained.  I'd say that counts for something.

Tejano Jawg

« Reply #20 on: January 07, 2019, 11:04:16 pm »

Once he gets some offensive playmakers, Morris is as qualified as anyone to give Alabama's D some trouble.

onebadrubi

• Gold Hogvillian
« Reply #21 on: January 07, 2019, 11:04:21 pm »

LOL so we are living vicariously through Clemson now? I guess that's not as embarrassing as living vicariously through Bama and chanting SEC SEC.

I did thoroughly enjoy seeing Bama get beat down and abused like this. They literally gave up and quit when the 4th quarter rolled around. But I'm not sure I buy into a spin that Chad Morris is responsible for this Clemson performance. How many years has it been since he has been there?

Itís literally, DUMB.   But then again, some of the ones making it have a history of funny comments. 

Atlhogfan1

• Gold Hogvillian
« Reply #22 on: January 07, 2019, 11:05:52 pm »

Seriously?  Lol.  What a fan base.  I donít think anyone is saying Morris won Clemson the NC tonight.  It can be discussed though how he got this run started.  Too much positivity or hope? 

synthartist69

« Reply #23 on: January 07, 2019, 11:05:54 pm »

With that said, Chad Morris offense also scored 30 points on Bama this year as bad as this team was. Something to be hopeful about... need much better players.

Pig in the Pokey

• Gold Hogvillian
  • Roastin da bomb in Fayettenam.
« Reply #24 on: January 07, 2019, 11:07:52 pm »

Iíll say it again.  Morris deserves ZERO credit for way Clemson just played and defeated Bama.  If you donít recruit the players, if you havenít worked with any of the players, and if you havenít been on that staff in 4-5 years, you deserve zero credit. 

The scheme is free to learn.  Morris has offered it to many people, he didnít invent it, he also learned it from others who mentored and taught it.
well, not true at all according to Dabo.

LRHawg

• All-American Hogvillian
  • This too shall pass
« Reply #25 on: January 07, 2019, 11:08:38 pm »

Clemson had the better scheme on defense.a generational QB with good backs, WR, and the better defense will win A LOT of games. Probably 99.9% of them.

Atlhogfan1

• Gold Hogvillian
« Reply #26 on: January 07, 2019, 11:10:34 pm »

Itís literally, DUMB.   But then again, some of the ones making it have a history of funny comments.

Literally DUMB to argue with posters for pointing out Morrisí influence.

Pig in the Pokey

• Gold Hogvillian
« Reply #27 on: January 07, 2019, 11:11:49 pm »

Seriously?  Lol.  What a fan base.  I donít think anyone is saying Morris won Clemson the NC tonight.  It can be discussed though how he got this run started.  Too much positivity or hope?
it's the worst fanbase nowadays

onebadrubi

• Gold Hogvillian
« Reply #28 on: January 07, 2019, 11:11:53 pm »

well, not true at all according to Dabo.

Iíll be waiting for dabo to thank Morris tonight.  Or any other moment in his speaking engagements this offseason that ARENT by a Morris employed fanbase. 

I gave Morris credit for Watson.  He recruited him, coached him and had his hands on his development.  But not this team that just won the natty. 

TeufelHog

• Never Forget, Never Yield!
« Reply #29 on: January 07, 2019, 11:13:17 pm »

Wonít mean a thing if we canít get the right D Coordinator, Staff, and athletes. 

Must strive for balance to include Special Teams.

onebadrubi

• Gold Hogvillian
« Reply #30 on: January 07, 2019, 11:13:31 pm »

Literally DUMB to argue with posters for pointing out Morrisí influence.

Title of thread, the English language teaches us something the way you use words.  But whatever.   

checkraiser88

« Reply #31 on: January 07, 2019, 11:13:38 pm »

Iíll be waiting for dabo to thank Morris tonight.  Or any other moment in his speaking engagements this offseason that ARENT by a Morris employed fanbase. 

I gave Morris credit for Watson.  He recruited him, coached him and had his hands on his development.  But not this team that just won the natty.

Nobody is implying that except you. All we said is that Dabo hired Morris and kept his scheme when he left. It's encouraging what we can do in the future, thats all..

Atlhogfan1

• Gold Hogvillian
« Reply #32 on: January 07, 2019, 11:14:14 pm »

Title of thread, the English language teaches us something the way you use words.  But whatever.

Canít see the whole title on phone.  So whatever.

Tick Hog

« Reply #33 on: January 07, 2019, 11:17:17 pm »

Morris has exactly nothing to do with that teams win tonight. Heís the coach of a 2-10 Arkansas team and nothing else. I mean hell does that mean that anybody that runs the Tampa 2 defense needs to be thankful for Monte Kiffin? Use your damn heads

redeye

« Reply #34 on: January 07, 2019, 11:18:21 pm »

I've read a bit on this subject and my understanding is that their Co-OCs are only using a small portion of Morris' playbook.  I think Morris only taught them some of it and they then narrowed it down to what they understood.

checkraiser88

« Reply #35 on: January 07, 2019, 11:18:52 pm »

Morris has exactly nothing to do with that teams win tonight. Heís the coach of a 2-10 Arkansas team and nothing else. I mean hell does that mean that anybody that runs the Tampa 2 defense needs to be thankful for Monte Kiffin? Use your damn heads

He's also a coach that brought in a top 20 recruiting class after of a 2-10 first season and said that Arkansas could be the next Clemson in his opening meeting with team when hired. Count me a bit excited ok.

onebadrubi

• Gold Hogvillian
« Reply #36 on: January 07, 2019, 11:19:39 pm »

Nobody is implying that except you. All we said is that Dabo hired Morris and kept his scheme when he left. It's encouraging what we can do in the future, thats all..

Thatís fine,  but just far fetched.  When you factor in all of the things needed, heís  just to far removed.  They have had a full staff playing in 4 post seasons now making changes, adapting to new things, new players, etc.  the scheme, sure might be the same.  But the TWO guys hired to replace Morris have put in their own finger prints.  One was even here recently for the broykes award and gave Morris credit.  That doesnít mean they didnít do their own job the last few years. 

ambien_sky

« Reply #37 on: January 07, 2019, 11:19:53 pm »

How is stating a fact that our new coach was the blue print to Clemson's offense (and most of the fans of Clemson agree with that)  and it was exciting to see it executed well against Alabama,  living through Clemson?   I guess it made you feel better to say that,  but your statement didn't make any sense.

onebadrubi

• Gold Hogvillian
« Reply #38 on: January 07, 2019, 11:23:00 pm »

He's also a coach that brought in a top 20 recruiting class after of a 2-10 first season and said that Arkansas could be the next Clemson in his opening meeting with team when hired. Count me a bit excited ok.

And there is reason to be excited.  But you specifically are often here with a quick trigger after bad things as well.  You see things through a tube, you donít understand so many things are more complex than a 35 second play, a 15 minute quarter or even a 60 minute game.  It took Clemson MULTIPLE classes better than our recent one to get to where they are today.  I would wager my Clemson over and +7 winnings tonight on you will he wanting him fired before you will give him ample time. 

checkraiser88

« Reply #39 on: January 07, 2019, 11:27:04 pm »

And there is reason to be excited.  But you specifically are often here with a quick trigger after bad things as well.  You see things through a tube, you donít understand so many things are more complex than a 35 second play, a 15 minute quarter or even a 60 minute game.  It took Clemson MULTIPLE classes better than our recent one to get to where they are today.  I would wager my Clemson over and +7 winnings tonight on you will he wanting him fired before you will give him ample time.

Thank you oh great one.. I had a ML on the eagles last weekend, am I football god like you now too after your parlay?

onebadrubi

• Gold Hogvillian
« Reply #40 on: January 07, 2019, 11:28:36 pm »

Thank you oh great one.. I had a ML on the eagles last weekend, am I football god like you now too after your parlay?

I didnít parlay.  My bet on the game is irrelevant.  But you got the point of my post I see

Hogvillage Idiot

• Senior
  • Doing my best to live up to my name.
Re: it's exciting to see a Morris influenced offense destroy Bama.
« Reply #41 on: January 07, 2019, 11:31:55 pm »

Dabo Swinney is Clemson's head coach and even he knows that the credit for Clemson's success doesn't go to Chad Morris but to God almighty!

jkstock04

« Reply #42 on: January 07, 2019, 11:34:38 pm »

How is stating a fact that our new coach was the blue print to Clemson's offense (and most of the fans of Clemson agree with that)  and it was exciting to see it executed well against Alabama,  living through Clemson?   I guess it made you feel better to say that,  but your statement didn't make any sense.
You talk as though Morris is still coaching Clemson..like what we saw tonight was all Chad Morris' offense. How many years has it been since he has been there? Are these guys playing even guys he recruited/coached? You really think they haven't changed anything up over the years?

You do realize that offense and offensive game plans change not only on an annual basis according to personal and opponents but also on a per game basis?

Like I said, I enjoyed watching Bama get destroyed as well...but I don't see the correlation that this has anything to do with the Hogs. Agree to disagree.

To me though biggest story to this game was Clemson's defense. Wow what a dominant performance. Bamas O-line looked like they were on roller skates the entire game.

LRHawg

• This too shall pass
« Reply #43 on: January 07, 2019, 11:40:43 pm »

I have to admit, it was priceless seeing the quit on the Bama players faces.

Tejano Jawg

« Reply #44 on: January 07, 2019, 11:46:24 pm »

Do you know why we'll have the advantage over Bama next year? They'll be looking ahead to Clemson.

Pig in the Pokey

• Gold Hogvillian
« Reply #45 on: January 07, 2019, 11:59:30 pm »

well, HE DID>

Pig in the Pokey

• Gold Hogvillian
« Reply #46 on: January 08, 2019, 12:01:05 am »

You talk as though Morris is still coaching Clemson..like what we saw tonight was all Chad Morris' offense. How many years has it been since he has been there? Are these guys playing even guys he recruited/coached? You really think they haven't changed anything up over the years?

You do realize that offense and offensive game plans change not only on an annual basis according to personal and opponents but also on a per game basis?

Like I said, I enjoyed watching Bama get destroyed as well...but I don't see the correlation that this has anything to do with the Hogs. Agree to disagree.

To me though biggest story to this game was Clemson's defense. Wow what a dominant performance. Bamas O-line looked like they were on roller skates the entire game.
you DO REALIZE that the PLAYBOOK and the SCHEME dont change. just the gameplan changes, FROM said playbook. Maybe some tweeks. You havent been studying p if you dont know about teh bond between Morris and Elliot and Dabo and Craddock. They tight, yo

Pig in the Pokey

• Gold Hogvillian
« Reply #47 on: January 08, 2019, 12:01:41 am »

Dabo Swinney is Clemson's head coach and even he knows that the credit for Clemson's success doesn't go to Chad Morris but to God almighty!
LOL. Thats rich. Like GOD cares about frikkin football. what a laugh.

mckinneyhog5

« Reply #48 on: January 08, 2019, 12:06:35 am »

Does Morris get credited for what happened at SMU this year. I mean he left there a lot more recently.

Pig in the Pokey

• Gold Hogvillian
« Reply #49 on: January 08, 2019, 12:11:31 am »

Does Morris get credited for what happened at SMU this year. I mean he left there a lot more recently.
sure. just like obama gets credit for this economy.
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up

KARK
KWNA
Fox 16 Arkansas