• 10,059,708 Posts
• 402,692 Topics
• 23,012 Hogvillians
THE RULES (Read 'em!)
Quick Links
Pick'Ems:Football      Basketball      Baseball
Sister Sites:Gridiron HistoryFearless Friday
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: College Analysts  (Read 957 times)

Tick Hog

College Analysts
« on: January 07, 2019, 08:17:59 pm »

Take a gander and how many “ support staff “ these 2 teams have on the sidelines of tonight’s NC game. These people are suppose to not be able to have coaching duties during the week or game day. Well unless Butch Jones has taken control of a position coach that’s moved on the 3 times I’ve seen him he’s coaching on the sidelines.

Hogwild

Re: College Analysts
« Reply #1 on: January 08, 2019, 08:38:25 am »

I read in the paper today, that Clemson support staff had reviewed every special team fake Saban had used.  Not just at Alabama, but with Miami and LSU.

Sponsored Ad

Hogville encourages you to do business with the following...

Freddy_Mercury

• Band Nerd
  • Surfing the web at Hogville.net
« Reply #2 on: January 08, 2019, 08:44:10 am »

Take a gander and how many “ support staff “ these 2 teams have on the sidelines of tonight’s NC game. These people are suppose to not be able to have coaching duties during the week or game day. Well unless Butch Jones has taken control of a position coach that’s moved on the 3 times I’ve seen him he’s coaching on the sidelines.

I noticed that as well and would be interested on the actual rule. I am sure there is some kind of loophole.

LRHawg

• All-American Hogvillian
  • This too shall pass
« Reply #3 on: January 08, 2019, 09:20:14 am »

https://www.rockytopinsider.com/2019/01/08/current-vol-player-rips-butch-jones-after-bamas-title-loss/

https://www.sbnation.com/college-football/2018/9/1/17624472/butch-jones-alabama-analyst-coach

“He’s an intern, an analyst,” Nick Saban told reporters in March. “I guess we could have several names for it. He can’t coach on the field. He can work with us off the field.”

There's definitely some loophole (shocker). Otherwise, Saban needs to suffer the consequences for breaking the rules with Butch Jones. He was most certainly on the field and coaching in multiple games this year.

ricepig

« Reply #4 on: January 08, 2019, 10:56:37 am »

https://www.rockytopinsider.com/2019/01/08/current-vol-player-rips-butch-jones-after-bamas-title-loss/

https://www.sbnation.com/college-football/2018/9/1/17624472/butch-jones-alabama-analyst-coach

“He’s an intern, an analyst,” Nick Saban told reporters in March. “I guess we could have several names for it. He can’t coach on the field. He can work with us off the field.”

There's definitely some loophole (shocker). Otherwise, Saban needs to suffer the consequences for breaking the rules with Butch Jones. He was most certainly on the field and coaching in multiple games this year.

He was offering encouragement, that's all, lol. Technically, if they don't have a headset on, I don't think they are "coaching".

1highhog

• Hall of Fame Hogvillian
  • Fortis Fortuna Adiuvat.
« Reply #5 on: January 08, 2019, 03:18:35 pm »

Has anyone ventured over to any of the Funeral homes today that used to be the Tide message boards?  I bet there's a bunch of crying and wailing going on today, I know some of you fellers like to venture over on other fans boards from time to time.

masbas3

« Reply #6 on: January 08, 2019, 03:25:19 pm »

Has anyone ventured over to any of the Funeral homes today that used to be the Tide message boards?  I bet there's a bunch of crying and wailing going on today, I know some of you fellers like to venture over on other fans boards from time to time.

I bet they are in full meltdown.

razorcash2

« Reply #7 on: January 08, 2019, 03:46:24 pm »

Can anyone say Danny Nutt?
Pages: [1]   Go Up

KARK
KWNA
Fox 16 Arkansas