• 10,158,427 Posts
• 405,230 Topics
• 23,131 Hogvillians
THE RULES (Read 'em!)
Quick Links
Pick'Ems:Football      Basketball      Baseball
Sister Sites:Gridiron HistoryFearless Friday
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Assume Daulton Hyatt is sticking around at least through the Spring?  (Read 5010 times)

Hogeyeblind

Figured he would have moved on by now

BossHawg_Outlaw

Re: Assume Daulton Hyatt is sticking around at least through the Spring?
« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2019, 12:29:26 pm »

they can't make him leave he has to decide to

Sponsored Ad

Hogville encourages you to do business with the following...

SooieGeneris

• Hogvillian
  • You don't ever want to be chasin' speed..
« Reply #2 on: January 07, 2019, 12:44:15 pm »

Coaches have their ways of getting rid of players who don't figure to contribute due to lack of fit or whatever.

Hyatt needs to gain weight, but they must think he has at least somewhat of a chance or he'd be gone already one would think..

UnknownNobody

« Reply #3 on: January 07, 2019, 12:51:15 pm »

Other than his weight Hyatt has a great upside, the kid has a live arm and suprising speed. The SECN announcers for the Spring Game loved him. Morris saw what he had from Kelley and Storey and challenged Hyatt to step up.

I assumed he wasn't grasping the playbook or was not making quick enough reads/decisions.

Who knows he might be the suprise of the Spring.

BossHawg_Outlaw

« Reply #4 on: January 07, 2019, 12:56:38 pm »

I would assume he is 4th on the depth chart if you went by playing time last year. 

woodrow hog call

« Reply #5 on: January 07, 2019, 04:53:03 pm »

It's always funny to me how many people are excited to see the spring or fall drills start, while at the same time fully expect every player to be the same exact player that they were last season without any improvement at all. Some of y'll it seems would rather sign 85 new players every year, because if a guy has  been here for a couple of years and not won the starting job you want him gone.

BossHawg_Outlaw

« Reply #6 on: January 07, 2019, 04:57:00 pm »

It's always funny to me how many people are excited to see the spring or fall drills start, while at the same time fully expect every player to be the same exact player that they were last season without any improvement at all. Some of y'll it seems would rather sign 85 new players every year, because if a guy has  been here for a couple of years and not won the starting job you want him gone.

yea I would just figure all year we are struggling at QB and they played everyone at QB multiple times except they played him for just one series in one of the first 2 games.  So I think that says enough maybe he is a late bloomer and will flourish next year but I doubt it.

JackJohnson

« Reply #7 on: January 08, 2019, 07:36:10 am »

Heck maybe Hyatt blows up this spring and is the starter next year.  Big kid with wheels and a above average arm who maybe puts it all together.  You never know...

hawgtime

« Reply #8 on: January 08, 2019, 09:20:18 am »

4 Star, QB, maybe he has some potential.  he might be a good 4 or 5 year QB.  maybe he is all about the team and wants to assist any way possible.

jury is still out.

BossHawg_Outlaw

« Reply #9 on: January 08, 2019, 09:41:13 am »

Maybe he is smart and realizes football isn't going to be his future and a degree from Arkansas looks better then one from South East Louisiana State.  They can't make you leave might as well get that degree and enjoy the ride.

liljo

• Hogvillian
  • Surfing the web at Hogville.net
« Reply #10 on: January 08, 2019, 10:00:57 am »

Other than his weight Hyatt has a great upside, the kid has a live arm and suprising speed. The SECN announcers for the Spring Game loved him. Morris saw what he had from Kelley and Storey and challenged Hyatt to step up.

I assumed he wasn't grasping the playbook or was not making quick enough reads/decisions.

Who knows he might be the suprise of the Spring.

You never know! Wouldn't THAT be something! ;)

sbetts01

« Reply #11 on: January 08, 2019, 10:56:59 am »

I went back and watched his highlight videos from his SR year of HS as well as I watched him in the spring game this year. I came away impressed by his mobility in the spring game. He didn't get a chance to showcase his arm much in the spring but he could end up being the one guy nobody is talking about. If he can grasp the playbook and learn the system you never know what could happen. He's obviously got some talent. He just needs to gain some weight and put it all together.

TebowHater

• Hall of Fame Hogvillian
  • DMAC > teBLOW
« Reply #12 on: January 08, 2019, 03:38:35 pm »

Why did he not get to play at all last year? JSJ went in before him, suggesting he was literally 5th of the depth chart.

BossHawg_Outlaw

« Reply #13 on: January 08, 2019, 04:34:47 pm »

Why did he not get to play at all last year? JSJ went in before him, suggesting he was literally 5th of the depth chart.

Late bloomer or politics take your pick for an excuse but he might be next big thing according someone somewhere and his mom.

The Boar War

« Reply #14 on: January 08, 2019, 08:37:35 pm »

Has a fifth string quarterback ever gotten this kind of publicity on a message board?

kodiakisland

« Reply #15 on: January 08, 2019, 09:26:55 pm »

they can't make him leave he has to decide to

That may be true, but they can decide not to renew his scholarship for next year.

RaisinHog

• All-American Hogvillian
« Reply #16 on: January 08, 2019, 09:34:45 pm »

That may be true, but they can decide not to renew his scholarship for next year.

No they can't .. or if they can no one ever does it .. you may ask how do I know no one ever does that ? Because in this world we live in there would be a major freaking news story if it happend to someone and it up set them ..

kodiakisland

« Reply #17 on: January 08, 2019, 09:39:08 pm »

No they can't .. or if they can no one ever does it .. you may ask how do I know no one ever does that ? Because in this world we live in there would be a major freaking news story if it happend to someone and it up set them ..

Sure they can and do.  You think every kid that transfers or leaves the program does so on their own? Multi year scholarships are still somewhat new, but you can bet they find a way around it.

RaisinHog

« Reply #18 on: January 08, 2019, 10:36:50 pm »

Sure they can and do.  You think every kid that transfers or leaves the program does so on their own? Multi year scholarships are still somewhat new, but you can bet they find a way around it.

If they are multiple year scholarships which they are .. why would u say they can pull them ? They can make it clear he want play but that's about it ..

Tick Hog

« Reply #19 on: January 10, 2019, 03:27:30 am »

If they are multiple year scholarships which they are .. why would u say they can pull them ? They can make it clear he want play but that's about it ..
Not saying this is this case with Hyatt and our staff wouldn’t but I’ve read stories of athetes  just there for the ride. Certain staffs felt like a few days of running scout team against the 1’s at Full go helps a young man decide if he wants to remain on football scholarship.

BossHawg_Outlaw

« Reply #20 on: January 10, 2019, 08:32:46 am »

In 2015, the NCAA Division I “Power 5” Schools implemented a rule that has the effect of “protecting” Division I student-athletes from having their athletic scholarship cancelled or not renewed for any athletics reason.  Quite simply, a coach cannot take away a scholarship for poor athletic performance.

oldfart

• Hogville.net Rocks!
« Reply #21 on: January 10, 2019, 03:48:58 pm »

make him a virtual tackling dummy and see how long he lasts......classic way

Muskliketusk

• Varsity
  • From Ashdown to Plain Dealing repping them Hogs
« Reply #22 on: January 10, 2019, 04:57:12 pm »

Why would he want to leave one of the weakest QB rooms in the SEC?

diveplayon4thn20

« Reply #23 on: January 10, 2019, 10:18:46 pm »

Maybe I have my info wrong, but didn't Petrino fail to renew a couple player's scholarships back around 2011?  I believe one was a OL (cannot recall his name), and another was a LB named Austin Moss. Seems like it raised a few eyebrows and helped solidify Petrino's reputation as a hearless cutthroat jerk. Does anyone else remember this happening? I temember it was the first time I found out scholarships were renewed yearly and were not automatically good for 4 or 5  years.e

Hawgphat

« Reply #24 on: January 10, 2019, 10:59:43 pm »

I would assume that Coach Morris and his staff have sharp insight into the relative strengths and weaknesses of all their players; especially their skill players, - - and most especially the QBs.  Whatever his current pecking order position might be, I'm persuaded that our coaching staff has very carefully and very concisely assessed Daulton Hyatt's comparative attributes and his overall potential.  If Hyatt currently does not rank in the top three at the QB position, I should think that there is a very pragmatic reason for that evaluation.

I'm not badmouthing Hyatt.  I certainly wish him the very best of luck whatever comes down the pike for him.

Likely as most of you feel, I want Coach Morris to put the QB on the field of play who affords us the BEST overall chance of winning.  Let the chips fall where they may.

King Kong

« Reply #25 on: January 10, 2019, 11:01:29 pm »

Why would he want to leave one of the weakest QB rooms in the SEC?

Because he is at the bottom of that room?

cardinalandwhite

« Reply #26 on: January 10, 2019, 11:21:47 pm »

Maybe I have my info wrong, but didn't Petrino fail to renew a couple player's scholarships back around 2011?  I believe one was a OL (cannot recall his name), and another was a LB named Austin Moss. Seems like it raised a few eyebrows and helped solidify Petrino's reputation as a hearless cutthroat jerk. Does anyone else remember this happening? I temember it was the first time I found out scholarships were renewed yearly and were not automatically good for 4 or 5  years.e

Look back three posts. Rule went into effect in 2015 so you can't so this any longer.

AlmaHog2011

« Reply #27 on: January 11, 2019, 01:44:20 am »

Maybe he is smart and realizes football isn't going to be his future and a degree from Arkansas looks better then one from South East Louisiana State.  They can't make you leave might as well get that degree and enjoy the ride.

Reality is they can make you leave. I hope Morris wouldn't do it but they can make your daily life miserable.

If they don't want him they could run him off.

Hogdomer

« Reply #28 on: January 11, 2019, 09:57:28 am »

He will either transfer or switch positions.  His days as a QB here are done.

BossHawg_Outlaw

« Reply #29 on: January 11, 2019, 10:03:00 am »

Tackling dummy isn't really a position so where else would you move a QB to who doesn't have the size or speed to play anything else.  Is he going to be like Cole and somehow turn into a left tackle or tight end over night?

Hogdomer

« Reply #30 on: January 11, 2019, 10:09:36 am »

Tackling dummy isn't really a position so where else would you move a QB to who doesn't have the size or speed to play anything else.  Is he going to be like Cole and somehow turn into a left tackle or tight end over night?

WR or DB.

Rock City Razorback

« Reply #31 on: January 11, 2019, 10:27:12 am »

Dumb post

BossHawg_Outlaw

« Reply #32 on: January 11, 2019, 10:30:48 am »

WR or DB.

They say he can run a 4.62 40 but I see him playing as much as he does now there as well.  You always need a scout team QB.

diveplayon4thn20

« Reply #33 on: January 11, 2019, 11:04:06 am »

I think that given time he has a chanc e to start or at least contribute before his career is over. Remember, he still has 3 years of eligibility left to develop both physically and mentally.
No, he wasn't a 5 star phenom expected to start from day 1, but he wasn't a 2 star reach either. He was a 4 star top 150 player  by ESPN and was a high 3  star. in everyone elses ratings, and just because he hasn't set the world on fire yet many here on Hogville are writing him off , even suggesting that the staff should set him up on the practice squad to get deliberately pummeled by the 1st team defense as a way to "run him off or prove he wants to stay a Razorback.". That is some of the most sorry , classless bulls***  that any so called "fans" could suggest., and any coaching staff that would allow such a set up for a player who chose the Hogs and whose parents entrusted the staff to develope their son both as an athlete, person, and player is a sickening idea, and that coach should never be allowed to coach anywhere again, and anyone who thinks this is a good idea needs something simular to happen to them.

Hyatt has a lot of potential, strong arm and good wheels. Yes, he i needs to put on 15 pounds. of muscle or so, but physical size and strength is the one measurable that can be improved with time and hard work in the weightroom, while speed is something you either have or not. Remember it took Brandon Allen until his 4th year on campus before he looked like he belonged in the SEC. Austin Allen was a 4th year junior before he was ready  for the rigors of starting SEC qb... Tyler Wilson  also took several seasons before he was  ready to contribute.  Maybe Hyatt will be a star before  his time is over on the Hill, or he may fade away, being a career backup or transferring. Lets give him his fair chance and time before we write him off as a bust.
« Last Edit: January 11, 2019, 11:18:40 am by diveplayon4thn20 »

Pig in the Pokey

• Gold Hogvillian
  • Roastin da bomb in Fayettenam.
« Reply #34 on: January 11, 2019, 12:09:07 pm »

If you guys wanna know why ESPN ratings suck- Hyatt is like the #2 highest rated QB ever to sign at Arkansas per ESPN ratings smfh.

Hogmatic

« Reply #35 on: January 14, 2019, 08:56:49 am »

I would assume that Coach Morris and his staff have sharp insight into the relative strengths and weaknesses of all their players; especially their skill players, - - and most especially the QBs.  Whatever his current pecking order position might be, I'm persuaded that our coaching staff has very carefully and very concisely assessed Daulton Hyatt's comparative attributes and his overall potential.  If Hyatt currently does not rank in the top three at the QB position, I should think that there is a very pragmatic reason for that evaluation.

I'm not badmouthing Hyatt.  I certainly wish him the very best of luck whatever comes down the pike for him.

Likely as most of you feel, I want Coach Morris to put the QB on the field of play who affords us the BEST overall chance of winning.  Let the chips fall where they may.

I was a big Hyatt proponent and felt that he had the speed and elusive qualities to fit this offense.  He has been here for 3 years yet still hasn't gained the weight they wanted him to gain in CBB and now the CCM regimes.  CCM begged him publicly to step up because he had the tools to be the QB in this offense BUT he didn't take the opportunity.  He didn't learn the play action pro-style Enos used and now he hasn't learned this offense after a spring, summer and full season.

Hogmatic

« Reply #36 on: January 14, 2019, 08:57:10 am »

I thought he would be bigger.

Opinions vary

jgphillips3

• Where are they now the little people of Stonehenge
« Reply #37 on: January 14, 2019, 09:08:48 am »

Just going by coaches comments and reading between the lines he either hasn’t grasped the playbook or won’t put in the work and is currently a liability in the passing game.  He does have the raw athletic skills and the light could still come on for him.  I would say it is really up to him.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

KARK
KWNA
Fox 16 Arkansas