• 10,058,682 Posts
• 402,657 Topics
• 23,009 Hogvillians
THE RULES (Read 'em!)
Quick Links
Pick'Ems:Football      Basketball      Baseball
Sister Sites:Gridiron HistoryFearless Friday
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Linebacker target opts to reopen recruiting  (Read 6659 times)

OneTuskOverTheLine™

• Gold Hogvillian
  • One tusk over the line sweet Jesus...
Re: Linebacker target opts to reopen recruiting
« Reply #50 on: January 10, 2019, 10:50:33 am »

I’m a semi successful small business owner(I’m still in business) without a college degree because I couldn’t pass a algebra class. I tried unsuccessfully twice in high school and 3 times in college. Some of us just don’t get it.... 

I guess I posted this in another thread already, but I had the same issue until I got into the Vo Tech program through my High School. I couldn't pass Algebra. I did struggle through Pre-Algebra, and knew there was a wall in my mind I couldn't get around. In the Vo Tech program I went for Electronics classes instead of industrial, and they taught us some trig to figure out Voltage, resistance ad other assorted measurements. When struggling with the math part the instructor asked me why I was having issues, and I told him about my albebra woes. He went over the Pythagorean Theorem to show me how the equation worked, and what it's real world application was. He then went onto explain how Algebra is to Math as Grammar is to language. When I understood that X, Y and/or Z could represent any manner of thing you're trying to determine it opened t up for me. I aced Algebra the next semester and my school let 1 semester of it count with 2 semesters of pre algebra. This freed me up to take Geometry, and Physics. This dude helped me get into college. He also helped me score a 97% on the ASVAB which almost kept me out of college. I wish I had joined the Navy in hindsight...

UnknownNobody

« Reply #51 on: January 10, 2019, 10:58:04 am »

I am sure this has been answered in other threads, but why doesn't FSU have a requirement for college algebra?

Also, are all SEC schools required to have this requirement for enrollment? (It is a conference directive?)

I would have assumed that the ACC would have academic requirements at least as stringent as the SEC, but I suppose I am mistaken.

The SEC has higher admission standards than most conferences. You see it every year in recruiting, a
prospect will be very high on an SEC school but just cannot get eligible and will sign with a program in another conference.

Sponsored Ad

Hogville encourages you to do business with the following...

Hogs-n-Roses

• Hall of Fame Hogvillian
  • Coming to a Stadium Near You!
« Reply #52 on: January 11, 2019, 09:28:46 am »

Last nite my daughter came to me with a tweet. It was, I guess L. Henry's acct. and had a couple of Pics of him in hog gear. I know we generate some of that stuff but this looked like it came from him. I am not very twitter savy or even modern communication savy but it looked good to me. Is this a "in general" type of thing or a good sign?

ricepig

« Reply #53 on: January 11, 2019, 10:04:25 am »

Last nite my daughter came to me with a tweet. It was, I guess L. Henry's acct. and had a couple of Pics of him in hog gear. I know we generate some of that stuff but this looked like it came from him. I am not very twitter savy or even modern communication savy but it looked good to me. Is this a "in general" type of thing or a good sign?

I'd say that it's a good sign, but if he visits Texass, OM, or FSU and tweets out a picture, which I'd bet my bottom dollar he will if he visits them, then it means a lot less. I think we stand a very good chance with him, but he has some academic work to do.

Hogs-n-Roses

• Hall of Fame Hogvillian
  • Coming to a Stadium Near You!
« Reply #54 on: January 11, 2019, 10:19:53 am »

I'd say that it's a good sign, but if he visits Texass, OM, or FSU and tweets out a picture, which I'd bet my bottom dollar he will if he visits them, then it means a lot less. I think we stand a very good chance with him, but he has some academic work to do.
We'll work the academic stuff out now :).I just thought it looked cool to see him in the gear and him sending it out vs us.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up

KARK
KWNA
Fox 16 Arkansas